It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by ltdan08

I slept only about 4 hours last night, got up unusually early and had breakfast, the day felt strange up until the earthquake. I did notice though that it seems the weirdest stuff seems to happen on the most serene days. The sky was clear blue with a few clouds, cool air. Just like before 9-11 happened. Funny how the most peaceful seeming days have something else in store...

It's almost poetic... The devastating beauty. LOL

Indeed..
"Deep breath before the plunge"
"The calm before the storm".

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

ish,you just describe my last 2days,with a panic crisis yesterday to the point where my hands were shacking and i couldn't stay focus at work or even stay still.It had me wonder all day here(i live in nyc),could certain people,just like animals,feel when an earthquake is about to happen?or should i throw HAARP in this?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Omg I'm in San Francisco and there was just an earthquake. It was kinda small though. Anyone else felt it?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have not been on since my last post due to dealing with life issues, healing, grieving children, and great illness as of the last few days. Now I was not thinking much of it however the reality is, I have a high electrical output myself to the point, I go through 2 batteries on my cell phone a year, wipe out computers very quickly, and forget about wearing a watch. I blank them out. I slow down wind up watches as well. Anyway, I was watching about Irene and told my roomie the Angels were playing their instruments again. I seem to get a low buzz in my right ear when they are running. I am not exactly sure why I hear them, the only connection if Fort Richardson in Alaska.

So why the post. Well I was reading up on the Virginia Earthquake, I woke up about 4 pm to hear it on the news and was shocked. I live in Queens, NY, my roomie felt it, I slept through it. Last night though, at 2 am, I started tossing up liquids, to say nicely. I figured I was having a Reynaulds Attack because I got stuck in a flash storm in Manhattan Friday night. The cold affects me to the point the body breaks down and you eventually just start throwing up things until you can get your body re-stabilized or the hospital, which ever comes first. Easiest way to put it. So I really thought nothing of being sick to be honest, in some ways. In others I noticed it was not the same as I had had before.

I began to get severe rib pain, not chest pain, rib pain, like being hit with low grade emf’s to the body. With in a few moments after the rib pain moved out of the body, the only way to describe it, I had to violently get sick. Then I was fine. Then again same thing at about 2:45, all through the night, even after not drinking to much liquid same thing every time.

I am prone to migraines as well, I had different ones one day prior. It was at the base of the neck and like some one is putting an awl or ice pick through there. Not normal.

The reason why I am writing this is because of the fact I just started the same cycle again. I am not sure if it is due to the earthquake or just all the world going a bit nutty right now and I got caught in the cold and this is just a Reynaulds attack.

I feel I should cap this, how ever will not. This is not a fear mongering post. It is the fact that I know my illness and body very well to pay attention so I don’t get sick. This was different. I am having the same thing again. Also I felt the shift in the poles yesterday again and there were Aurora’s in the sky. I know what they look like since Alaska has them very well painted in the sky. So Beautiful. They were a light red streak. This was about 11 last night.

So I hope I am wrong, not so sure. If I am right, there should be another quake on it’s way, just stay safe and emergency supplies ready and great tip on the water. Thank you, forgot about lines busting.

Stay safe and strong, the angels are just playing along.

Ainge

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer

Originally posted by Daygone23
tragic to hear about the quake and those who felt it hope your all ok. On a more important matter what about those nuclear plants? i mean when they lose power and revert to the back up generators thats a big deal if the main power doesnt come back on within a short period of time. Does anyone know how that is going?

The generators at North Anna have enough fuel on-site to operate for up to 30 days, and more can be trucked in if needed. The plants themselves are doing okay.

Why would a nuclear power plant need generators? Isn't a nuclear power plant a generator in itself? Couldn't the power that's being produced by the plant run the cooling system? Am I missing something here?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Mother earth is angry, something big coming. How weird 3 quakes three days, both coasts and central Us. Whats coming?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll say it again. No one read's anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What's the big deal, folks? In some places earthquakes of a certain magnitude happen every 40 years, in other places every 100 years, in other places every 1,000 years, and also in some new places. The earth is a living breathing planet with hot magma floating around under the surface, and new faults forming and others shifting and breaking. That's all. There is no evidence of aliens disrupting the planet, or secret weapons. There could of course be a relation with geomagnetic changes. But other than this, this is pretty normal in the big (rather than the small) scheme of things. Just look at the historic New Madrid Earthquake in the early 19th Century in Missouri. It was unprecedented in our nation's history, and it was much larger, but shucks, this kind of stuff happens all over the world. It's not like our whole continent has sunk under the surface. It's out of the ordinary in the short term, but not in the big scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

About "nothing"? It may be nothing to you buddy, but to those who experienced it, it was frightening. Remember, people in that area experienced 911, remember that? They are still on edge, and many of those folks have never experienced an earthquake. There also is a nuclear reactor at the epicenter; and fortunately it is still intact. So take your "nothing" and run along.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You clearly are not, as we felt it here in Indiana as well. You know, you just never know.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

If you weren't there, you don't know what it was like. Stop the criticizing. This was a significant quake with a nuclear reactor plant at the epicenter.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Would you guys chill, earthquakes happen everyday, the pressure was building in these areas for a while and had to eventually be released, let's stop the conspiracies, let's stop linking it to some stupid comet....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I am appalled at the insensitivity of posters on this issue. Please remember these people experienced 911, most have never experienced an earthquake, and they are still edgy on the East Coast. Some, at first, thought it was another terrorist attack. Of course there was panic. They didn't understand.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Hence, makes this quake even more interesting and disturbing. The nay sayers on here are very irritating. The East Cost does not experience earthquakes, and these people were clearly frightened.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What part of this incident do you not understand? The East Cost does not experience quakes like other parts of the country. These people were very frightened. These people are still on edge from 911, it's called PTSD. There is no known fault line in that area, plus a nuclear reactor was near the epicenter. Where is your human sensitivity?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

CO just had another

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 07:15:57 UTC
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 01:15:57 AM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles)
Region
COLORADO
Distances
34 km (21 miles) WSW of Trinidad, Colorado
43 km (26 miles) WNW of Raton, New Mexico
59 km (36 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado
294 km (182 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.5 km (7.1 miles); depth +/- 3.1 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters
NST= 25, Nph= 29, Dmin=188.1 km, Rmss=1.66 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=7
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005iw4

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

You know, you are absolutely right. I have made several posts to the nay sayers because they are so irritating and insensitive. I will stop. You are right and I am sorry you were re traumatized from this experience.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I feel like a lot of you west coastians, and central americans are deliberately trying to scare us east coasters! Stop!!!! Now thats not nice now is it...
I'm am kinda scared though, three after shocks so far in VA. Enough to make me think this ain't over yet.
And isn't this kinda early anyway?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by JackBauer

Originally posted by Daygone23
tragic to hear about the quake and those who felt it hope your all ok. On a more important matter what about those nuclear plants? i mean when they lose power and revert to the back up generators thats a big deal if the main power doesnt come back on within a short period of time. Does anyone know how that is going?

The generators at North Anna have enough fuel on-site to operate for up to 30 days, and more can be trucked in if needed. The plants themselves are doing okay.

Why would a nuclear power plant need generators? Isn't a nuclear power plant a generator in itself? Couldn't the power that's being produced by the plant run the cooling system? Am I missing something here?

But if the power of the nuclear plant shuts down, # will hit the fan without a backup generator.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What part of this incident do you not understand? The East Cost does not experience quakes like other parts of the country. These people were very frightened. These people are still on edge from 911, it's called PTSD. There is no known fault line in that area, plus a nuclear reactor was near the epicenter. Where is your human sensitivity?

My sensitivity?

Humor can get people though the worst situations. For me personally, humor helped me through deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Would you rather us dwell on the horror and terror, while whining and griping how bad everything is?

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join