5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a decent size quake was overdue for the area but not something that could be felt as far away as CT . god and im missing out on all of the action . cant wait to get home and follow this a whole lot more closely ....

hope everyone is ok ..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I've lived in both California and Virginia. By CA standards, 5.9 is considered amusing, but not dangerous.

HOWEVER, the central and eastern US do not have anything like the stringent building codes found in more earthquake-prone areas. Add to that the fact that many more of the buildings are old and of unreinforced brick or stone construction. To top it off, as others have noted, earthquakes in the east can be felt strongly over much greater distances than in the west.

What it adds up to is that an earthquake of a given magnitude - although rarer in the East - will cause worse structural damage and over a wider area than the same quake on the west coast.

This is why the earthquake risk in many areas of the central & eastern US is nearly as bad as for the more seismically active areas out west.

Earthquake Probability Map

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargon123

It's ironic that you think that the Earth is a living being, and yet you don't think aliens exist, because if you were familiar with aliens, you would see that the phrase "the Earth is a living being" is only used by the aliens themselves. There is far less proof(none actually) that "the Earth is a living being" than proof of aliens. In addition, you still haven't refuted my point about why we don't feel most of these earthquakes, and how we haven't been swallowed up, if these earthquakes are actually happening so frequently.

Now of course, nothing could still happen in Sept-Oct because for some reasons, these aliens think that perpetuating this existence is good for us, and will interfere to stop any major destruction. At this point, I just hope that they will at least let the 3 days of darkness happened. Let something interesting happens(without casualties) for once.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Just "maybe" this will shake the chairs in the capitol enough, to have these men make a difference in the scientific community.

30 years since Braun died, and all you have is trillions of dollars spent and absolutely no breakthrough in science. All they've come up with, is to have some chinese calculate that the earth only grows about 0,1 mm/year. This using equipment, that could at most measure down to 2 mm/year. Using GPS equipment, that have an accuracy down to about 1 meter for the most, the best down to about 0,1 meter.

The Atlantic ocean is being ripped apart, not as fast as the pacific but there is a lot of activity there. Iceland is getting bigger, about 2 cm, every year. The earth is growing, living in religious denial is not an option. Every area around the oceans, especially islands, close to continents can and will experience earthquakes.

You are not sitting on a floating boat, with God at the helm, steering you on a magma voyage around the globe.

Perhaps, just perhaps, those guys in Washington will get scared enough to demand further research in this area, and not accept "the earth doesn't change", as an answer.
edit on 24-8-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by astrumpopulus

Yes. I'd actually felt nauseous most of the day. Curiously I felt bad the day before the Japan quake. My wife even remembers me saying a day or two before the quake I felt #ty and anxious like something was up.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I usually post in UFOs but its like "hate aliens" there right now

and they're talking about katy perry too

anyway, I hear the tippy top of washington monument got cracked

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Of course there was panic.

Um, maybe I missed something, but I have seen this asserted several times now. Can someone kindly point me to the evidence of panic taking place?

Perhaps the problem is a semantic one. I tend to reserve that word for more extreme behavior than just mere concern.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm in Pottstown PA, I felt really dizzy then a few seconds later things started to tremble, it was scary. For the next few hours I felt that same dizziness and had a headache, don't know if they're related. Thing is I feel a little dizzy today still, I think if it gets stronger I'm off under my desk. Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

It's funny cos I just skipped most the thread , sorry, just to share my experience, I definitely think some people may be sensitive, I felt dizzy and had a head ache for a while after. I feel it today too.. Hope I may just have a sinus thing or something. Peace all

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
live just a tad north of mineral virginia and felt a momentary vibration that had me thinking that the lake anna nuclear site went chernobyl or the usa gave the chinese their orbiting earthquake gun as partial payment on debt owed. the cool thing for me is that a later late night aftershock gave me a weird "feeling" like i could sense it a split second before it occured. anyway i now respect mother earth's ability to be a big vibrator for whatever might enjoy it and got some amusement from all of these paranoid soujtherners who though they might see jesus landing in his spacecraft yesterday. oh by the way freemasons...sorry about the big crack in the washington obelisk.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"Seismologists have determined that the earthquake in Washington, DC was not caused by a fault line, but by our Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I know that it may not be the cause of it, and I don't care to hear that it's not real, doesn't happen, etc. I am not saying it does, heck I don't even know much about Haarp. However, our skies here in Jersey are filled today. Whereas, they haven't been too filled lately. Recently, I've actually been seeing real, puffy clouds, the ones you used to see back in the 80's like when I was just a kid growing up. I can honestly say my eyes have been set on the sky ever since I was born. 30 years now. It fascinates me and always had. Today is the first day in at least a week, maybe more that they've sprayed our skies to almost a complete white. I'm sure by the afternoon, it will be a white sky. (And to be honest, when I say maybe more, I'm truly unsure because they've become so good at doing this,..or maybe it's been so long since they started that I don't even pay much attention anymore, however I can say that when there are real clouds in our sky I do notice.)
I'm not saying anything is going to happen. I just wanted to point this out as I've seen Haarp mentioned a few times in this thread.
I'll also state, I'm not sure where I stand on the whole 2012 talk... mayans, or any of it really. But I will say, something just hasn't felt right. And it's not just recently, or since the Earthquake hit Virginia, I've felt that way for a while now. At least a few years.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

i live in richmond virginia, and i did not feel one damn thing, my dad was in a hospital a few miles away and, didnt feel it, and went to to starbucks, and no one there felt it there; however, it was definetely felt strongly in many of the richmond suburbs, including my house with my mother alone by herself.

this does not follow the normal seismological activity of an earthquake.

my initial reaction was that it was not an earthquake, but a series of sonic booms from military testing of magnetic propulsion systems (could also be haarp, tesla ect)., especially considering finland seemed to witness a russian sub missle be launched into a wormhlole last week. it sems that the governments are 60 years ahead of commercial technology and are trying to hide it from each other.l tesla knew that magnetism was the key to technological breakthroughs, but was discredited as a mad scientist.

but then i discovered that there had been an earthquake predicted a week earlier to occur of the coast of australia on the 23rd, due to aa major solar flare/.coronal hole- which are caused by off axis magnetism within the sun.. not only did we have the earthwquake in aus, but also in virginia colorado, and today, in california.

\the shifting into the southern part of the galaxy on the 20123 winter solstace vould very well reverse the mannetic opoles and reak havoc upon the earth, even lighting its atmosphere on fire. one need to not wory about haarp and wormholes, but of a polarity switch.

it is said that the magnetic field of the earth is anomalous at the bermuuda triangle (which is at nearly the same laditude as richmond), the devilss triangle, a total of 12 spots symmetrically spread around the world, likely caused by 6 off-axs magnetic fields created closer to the surface of the earth. if the earthquake was indeed caused by magnetism, and if richmond contains one of these magnetic anomololous spots, that may explain a lot of the missing seismological data, for it would prove that the weather is more controlled by the solar flares and the earths magnetic field than by anthroprogenic pollution, which would l;dead th al gore declaring bankrupcy..

if the heathquake was caused by mnagnetism, it would also explain the subwoofer aNOMOLY, AS WELL AS THE SEISMIC NORTHERN VEctors

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Live in Fredericksburg va was in Richmond va during quake, a couple of hours before the quake I got this werid pins and needles feeling in my legs and my ears were poping like I was on a plane thought I was just haveing sinus issues. Also my dog the day before kept trying to run away I had to use a leash which I never do with her she always just runs next to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was in richmond in the vital stats office and I thought the whole place was comming down, friends at St.Marys hospital said that they did not feel it as bad. Other friends who were driveing felt nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Shocking new pictures showing the magnitude of the devastation....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
EARTHQUAKE LINE: LATITUDE 37

MOUNT ETNA VOLCANO, SICILY, ITALY 37º48'
11-MARCH-2011 FUKUSHIMA, JAPAN (9) 37º59'
11-MAY-2011 --LORCA,MURCIA,SPAIN (5.1) 37º40' ( it is only 1km deep also, seven people dead )
23-AUGUST-2011 VIRGINIA (5.9) 37º97'
23-AUGUST-2011 COLORADO (5.3) 37º07'

what a coincidence!

Lorca earthquake:

edit on 24-8-2011 by palote because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What I find interesting about this too is that the 3 Pinnacles of Washington National Cathedral fell...And user WestCoast mentioned that this earthquake, Colorado and San Fran last night all fall along Latitude #37...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
my two cents on the subject of people feeling #ty before the quake hit.

i felt #ty all day yesterday. i mean i thought i was hung over and to full from amazing 5 star food i got to eat the night before cause i went to get my free meal on the resturante i work @ i cant help but notice how many people are talking bout how they felt sick,anxeity,neverous,on edge etc. not saying that HAARP did it. however when a fault line thats been dormant for how many hundreds of years decieds to shift its weight a tiny bit. thats alot of energy to be releasing. some one else menitoned that this is a ripple effect from japan. i agree with them 100%. just weird times butr then again whats normal????

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by palote

Wow .. (Star4U) ... LAT: 37 ... that's really some observation ... very, very interesting.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join