It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Honestly, what are the odds that the DC region has its biggest quake in 67 years and Colorado has its biggest quake in 40 years happening on the same day???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So, apparently earthquakes are a rarity in the east coast? I'm hoping this isn't a taster for whats to come.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Was there any seismic activity offshore?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ummmm....Virginia. Thats were DARPA is located at. Must be DARPA cooking some experimentation up....

edit on 23-8Aug-112011 by darpa999 because: some comments

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Quote of the day, the fault line identified,

Apparently, there is a well known fault line, running right through the middle of DC, called Bush's Fault.

unknown

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The plates that have been dormant are loosening.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ltdan08

I slept only about 4 hours last night, got up unusually early and had breakfast, the day felt strange up until the earthquake. I did notice though that it seems the weirdest stuff seems to happen on the most serene days. The sky was clear blue with a few clouds, cool air. Just like before 9-11 happened. Funny how the most peaceful seeming days have something else in store...

It's almost poetic... The devastating beauty. LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
tragic to hear about the quake and those who felt it hope your all ok. On a more important matter what about those nuclear plants? i mean when they lose power and revert to the back up generators thats a big deal if the main power doesnt come back on within a short period of time. Does anyone know how that is going?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
lol @ those who still think everything is "normal" and there is nothing to worry about...

People literally won't see anything coming until it hits them in the face. It's sad but it's good that finally people are waking up to the fact that America isn't in a magic bubble.........

2012? Yeah everything is going to be ok. Keep telling yourself that. If you haven't noticed it's not ok now......

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Why is it that everyone is screaming 2012 after this event?
Just because a human life is short and they don't see all that happens within that short life, does not make what happened in their life any more profound.

Earthquakes happen all the time. If one happened every hundred years that would still be ALL THE TIME, by geological standards.

Earth has been hit my meteors before too, but if one hits modern civilization it's the end of the world.....no, it happened yesterday geologically, and the world keeps spinning.

I don't know if I believe the 2012 hype, I'm kind of on the fence with it since I have heard good arguments from both sides.

This wasn't an attack by the way, just voicing my opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
lol @ those who still think everything is "normal" and there is nothing to worry about...

People literally won't see anything coming until it hits them in the face. It's sad but it's good that finally people are waking up to the fact that America isn't in a magic bubble.........

2012? Yeah everything is going to be ok. Keep telling yourself that. If you haven't noticed it's not ok now......

Yea definitely, something is off it just doesnt feel right, at this moment.. It's almost like i'm waiting but the problem is I don't know what the hell im waiting for..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here's a good video that shows just how many earthquakes there are each year:

www.youtube.com...

The obvious question is, why don't we feel most of them? If my theory is correct, then one might conclude that if it weren't for aliens' guidance and protection, civilizations would have never developed, as we would become extinct, due to tectonic activities alone!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChangingSkies

you said it felt like a sway. thats how it felt for me too. i thought it might have been because im on an island made out of left over silt for the last ice age and not a real island so to speak. it was one of the most odd feelings i ever felt. not to sound like a stoner but i really did think i was having an acid flash back. with that i keep my eyes to the sky now cause irene has already ruinied the weekend out here for the tourism scene. very strange day thought watching people leave in droves on the ferries back to the main land. the resturant i work for wasnt that busy and wont be for the rest of the week thanks to waether men and the media scaring them back into there safe and cozy homes. I for one am looking forward to watching people surf the waves and hopefully some crazy ass weather! mabey # will hit the fan a little bit cause it gets to hairy. who knows but it will be fun none the less!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

And how exactly does a mild Earthquake have any connection to 2012? Earthquakes happen. I felt a 5.4 back in 1998 in Ohio where there are hardly ever big EQs, no doom occurred then, and no doom will occur in 2012.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
AM coast to coast is talking about the eq right now and about haarp, Im listening from the darkness radio link, am coast to coast came on after it, here is the link.

darkness radio, am coast to coast

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The over rated propaganda aspect of this Earthquake is crazy. Then again.. Maybe I can alarm you with the fact that once a earthquake happens it offset's continental crust's. The earthquake in Japan could have been the reason why we had a earthquake on the east coast. Think of it as a ripple effect. The earth's crust fall's, in a loud rumble, but sounds of screaming birds from the earths crust come from on the other side of the planet...
You can't shake a rope without a wave.

Dun Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn...
edit on 24-8-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by ltdan08

I slept only about 4 hours last night, got up unusually early and had breakfast, the day felt strange up until the earthquake. I did notice though that it seems the weirdest stuff seems to happen on the most serene days. The sky was clear blue with a few clouds, cool air. Just like before 9-11 happened. Funny how the most peaceful seeming days have something else in store...

It's almost poetic... The devastating beauty. LOL

all day everyone i have talked to (even my friends not on ATS who don't know squat about any "conspiracy theories") have allllll made comments about insomnia, headaches, and nausea. its been really strange to see so many people say that.
edit on 24-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I remember someone once said that there are far more craters(or impacts) on the moon for it to exist, or something like that.

I now realize that Earth is the same way. Just like any other planet or celestial bodies, it's too violent(or too prone to celestial impacts) for anything to develop by themselves. Instead of poisonous gases, you have earthquakes and eruptions.

Certainly there's no way that any organism can develop undisturbed for 4 billion years.
edit on 24-8-2011 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daygone23
tragic to hear about the quake and those who felt it hope your all ok. On a more important matter what about those nuclear plants? i mean when they lose power and revert to the back up generators thats a big deal if the main power doesnt come back on within a short period of time. Does anyone know how that is going?

The generators at North Anna have enough fuel on-site to operate for up to 30 days, and more can be trucked in if needed. The plants themselves are doing okay.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have to say it was pretty incredible, I was checkin email when it happened, I was bewildered for about 2 seconds, then an instant flashback to 1983, I think it was when the Canadian quake hit and my chair swayed, but now my home office chair has wheels and it was dancing under my butt. Anyway 1 sec into remembering, I shot up from my chair and ran to my folks room, but the sway was too much and I fell practically to my knees & stood there at their room entrance asking if they felt that & yes the look of horror on all our faces as it kept going, I hadn't felt that kind of adrenaline or felt that g dam close to death in I don't know how long. Let me explain a bit, our building is 6 storys tall we live on the 3 floor, it's a walk up & it was build in 1914, in north brooklyn, 10 years after the subways were built in new york city, so it's basically a house of cards in this type of situation, needless to say, we all decided to go downstairs asap, to my surprise everyone was outside, from all buildings, as far as the eye could see, it was an incredible sight. What was strange as well, which I never experienced was such a thing happening and noticing the old folks neighbors and all not too worried, but those of us that are in our 30s etc were pretty moved, that was a strange feeling, even the cbs news guy with breaking news was fighting to hold his composure.

Anyways it was pretty bad in the brooklyn housing projects, so my aunt said after she was finally able to get thru, with all the lines clogged, she thought she had vertigo and was gonna lay down until the computer table moved 2 feet on its own and she started hearing the screams as her building swayed badly as she's 18 floors up.

I just hope that when this all comes to a head in the next 15 months, that it'll be swift, had this been a 7.5 or 8, I doubt I'd be writing this that's for sure.

For those that say I'm making something of nothing cause you didn't feel it, fantastic for you. Had you been in the spots where it was felt the worst, you'd be singing another tune entirely. And I'd only wish that situation on my worst enemy.

Standing by for Iren de Hurricane.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join