It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If you need a place to stay,remember you always have friend in Serbia

link   
I just finished up a stack of qweep here in the basement at Wright-Patterson AFB. Can not confirm nor deny that I felt the floor shake beneath my chair.
Back to work.

link   
I am up in Atlantic Canada
Nothing felt here as far as i know.

But i did wake up at 10:30 this morning, and i felt like garbage. Dizzy, headache. Went back to sleep a little later and got up feeling fine..

I got up just after this occured i do believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow Im living in London Ontario and we even felt it up here.
I hope there are not any more

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that some city in VA declared a "State of Emergency" because rush hour started early. They cant be serous.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Seriously, sounds like some of you guys read about the quake on ATS and then felt it. And then wrote about it.

link   
reply to post by loam

i was wondering, how did this quake feel down in a coal mine? Or in a little town down stream from a big containment dam? How much would it cost to upgrade the infrastructure on the east coast to min earthquake standards? Now that it has been demonstrated that we have quakes all over the place.

link   
If the world is going to end I guess I'll order some Domino's Pizza tonight and keep my TV locked in on the news!

edit on 8/23/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by tdatreefrog

Originally posted by tdatreefrog
I grew up in Northern Virgina and spent my life on Lake Anna. The lake that cools the North Anna Nuclear Plant. Did anyone notice the the quake was centered directly in Mineral, Va which is RIGHT THERE by the nuclear plant. Less then 5 miles.

Virginia Nuclear Power Plant Loses Power After Quake

This is what I was expecting!! Crazy how it comes together. That was my fear as soon as I heard the location. Seems so unreal when it is close to home.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

My birds were trying to tell me this was coming. But I didn't listen!

Hope you and yours are okay - and don't forget, Winnipeg is a quake-free zone. You all are welcome any time.

link   
Neither one of my cats acted strange last night or today I find that strange I also had no sense either which really amazes me.

link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by majesticgent

Thats another thing. All the land lines are working ok but the cell service is come and go. One minute you can make a call the next you just get busy signals. How do EQ's effect cell phones? I am in Virginia about 150 miles from the epicenter.

Cause I'm guessing everyone and their brother, mother, second cousin 3 times removed and 4 friends are all calling each other to ask if they felt it!

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks. I didnt even think of call volumn I thought damage to cell towers or something.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

So am I correct in saying that large destructive earthquakes like Japan, chile and haiti are preceded by quakes with similar magnitude to this one? Think this has anything to do with the new Madrid fault waking up, not trying to fear monger I'm just curious.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just saw this on Fox news website. It makes me sick.

Obama and many of the nation's leaders were out of town on August vacation when the quake struck at 1:51 p.m. EDT. The shaking was felt on the Martha's Vineyard golf course as Obama was just starting a round.

Does this mother "F"er do any GD work?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know other presidents played many games of golf and had several hobbies but damn dude!!!! This guy is on the the fracking golf course every damn day!!!!

link   
reply to post by loam

It is just like the movie Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

link   
Imagine had this happened next month on or around Sep 11th during remembrance events?

Bonkers is not a strong enough word.

link   
Alrighty, at the risk of just outright getting kicked out of ATS...

Some of you REALLY need to GROW UP! reporting every little thing that irks you rather than it actually being a violation of TOS.

There was an earthquake in the east coast. One of this magnitude is unusual. Now, whether you want to believe there is a spiritual, natural, or man made reason for it is irrelevant. I thought this sight was a forum to discuss ideas, theories, ideologies and opinions.

Apparantly, some of you get your panties in a wad over anything you dont agree with. If so, I will make it a point to continue to speak my mind until either a) you grow up or b) I get kicked out of the sand box.

Good day.

link   
reply to post by snarfbot

I had a bad headache yesterday,
I seldom get headaches but this one was bad. I also wonder if a study has been done on this.
We live in Florida, sure hope there's not one here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I am up in Atlantic Canada
Nothing felt here as far as i know.

But i did wake up at 10:30 this morning, and i felt like garbage. Dizzy, headache. Went back to sleep a little later and got up feeling fine..

I got up just after this occured i do believe.

It's funny that you say that, I'm in new-brunswick, woke up at 9, stayed up for an hour, felt like crap & went to bed. I didn't feel it here in the north-eastern part of the province but they felt it further south in fredericton. I never knew that a quake like this could be felt that far...

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join