It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

It's quite interesting. I count 10 quakes in Cokedale CO, and 3 in VA so far (M1+) that is, and the CO quakes were shallow as well as the VA ones.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine in Charm City told me he felt it there.

He even had to evacuate.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
well you see,the world as we know it is coming to an end...

link   

Originally posted by the_journey_in
I can't help thinking this catastrophe must be related to the recent devaluing and discreditation of the dollar.

There is just so much evidence to point to it I do not know where to begin.

Surely it is a warning to America to pay back its 4trillion dollar debt, or pay the consequences?

Actually, I think Ron Paul finally exploded in which the Annunaki on Elenin were alarmed and fired an infra red lazor beam in Colorado to disable NORAD. Then we retaliated with a HAARP salvo but it bounced back off our atmosphere and penetrated the brain waves of people on ATS into thinking that the Pope unlocked the ark of the covenant in which it released x-ray waves that caused both earthquakes.

link   

Originally posted by JeepOrDie
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

I see you are in Vegas, where I lived for about six year before coming down here. I wouldn't start throwing stereotypes around if I were you. I love nowhere near the beach, and I actually live in the desert very near the San Andreas and San Jacinto faults, among others. SoCal is very, very overdue for a truly major earthquake in the 7, 8, 9 numbers, according to scientists.

I follow earthquakes / disasters as a hobby and I am a preparedness activist. You don't have to have daily 5. earthquakes to understand them. I understand all I need to which is that I am prepared for them as best I can be with medical, food and water supplies. I can't help but laugh when I watch people scatter like cockroaches because they live in some fantasy world of complacence, believing they don't need to prepare themselves for anything because nothing will ever happen to them, and the government will ride in and save them if it does. That worked out so well for Katrina victims.

Then I am hearing reports that officials are having trouble getting communications through to the nuclear power plants because the phone lines are all jammed (same thing happens out here even for small quakes). Shouldn't we as a country, the Great US of A, be a little more prepared for this kind of thing by now? I just don't get it. No wait, I do get it. NO ONE is watching out for you. You better do it for yourself.

I have family on the East coast that are reporting that people are completely spazzing out still as I type this. They are rushing out of buildings, causing traffic jams trying to get home early, etc. One of the most dangerous things about a disaster is the public reaction. The last place I want to be is on a highway, that's for sure. They will slow to a crawl and stop dead in no time during a real emergency.

Just so you know people that live here in Vegas are all from Cali what kind of possible stereotype can you throw at me??. So you have family living on the East coast freaking out, but you laugh at them "scattering like cockroaches" HMMM

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thats super weird I just herd about this like 5 mins ago here on ATS and at the time my cat was acting strange and I felt dizzy, my mom always had a nack at "feel%ng" earthquakes by getting dizzy, and were on the other side of tge country, I wonder if she "felt" it too? It is weird how animals react to these things...

link   
It was felt up here in Fredericton, NB Canada as well! It's all over the news and facebook and a few of the larger buildings in the city were evacuated as a precaution. I live about a half hour west of Freddy and didn't notice anything (sadly). A lot of my friends had mentioned on FB that they suddenly felt dizzy and nauseous, then realized what was going on. Also heard several reports of feeling the tremors in Ottawa and Toronto Ontario. This sort of thing doesn't happen very often around here, we've been fairly lucky at avoiding natural disasters so far...

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by JeepOrDie

Yes, and the buildings are on the east coast are much older and not earthquake enforced. We have plenty of buildings that are much older then the existance of California.

Like the US Capitol, the current version completed in the 1860s, meanwhile in California at the time their biggest and oldest builings were Mexican built adobe catholic churches about the size of a gas station.

link   
NC Winston salem, whole buildings were shaking. I have friends in SC who felt it too.

link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

There was a 2.2 just west of Albany NY about 10:30 this morning according to the USGS.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i felt it over here in jacksonville nc dident know what was going on till i went online and seen that there was a quake on yahoo lol

link   
Heard from a friend who was in D.C. on tours. He was in the Capital Building and said that they have to be evacuated as parts of the dome were breaking up and falling. Not to open sky, but still.

Also, I have to admit, I was feeling a bit "weird" (more that usual
), like I was having a sugar low or something, but, all's well now..... hmmmmm...

Anyway, hope everyone is ok and hope to see everyone tomorrow!

link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
it ain't Washintons Monument,
its
one of
Alexanders, generals.
although generals do tend,
too find it,
for some unknown reason,
too be ,
significant.
Although i'm sure the other 3 are safe.

because of
your line breaks.
i read this
captain kirk.

-------------------------------

i am glad to read that everyone who experienced this today is ok.

regarding the new madrid fault: isnt it located in the tennessee/arkansas area (like runs up between the states - along that line)? i dont know alot about how this works, so what i am wondering is how far away from a fault line can an earthquake occur (the epicenter or whatever)? because Colorado seems kind of far off... and so does virgina. please no sarcastic replies like i am retarded or anything - i admitted that i don't know much about this stuff. i was an english/history kid, not a math/science kid. lol. what can i say...

and i still say you Cali folks should be a little more sensitive to the fact that these people aren't used to this - just because YOU are. i bet if you guys had the Tornados that WE get down here in tornado alley, you'd all be running and screaming like a bunch of girls... but WE go outside and chase them with digital cameras trying to get the best youtube vid.

edit on 23-8-2011 by highpriestess because: typos

link   
Do any of you realize how serious this could become here on the East Coast it should be a warning.

We rarely have a quake here........ decades go by and if we have one it very small....... the INTELLIGENT builders of the Nuclear power plants thought they would make the plants safe for twice the strength of quake that is known here. Well we had one today close to that and 2 reactors in VA went on emergency. The person at 3 mile is in cali. imagine if this is a foreshock and a bigger ones hits. We might be in serious trouble.

I think these intelligent builders need to have a new look at their previous thinkings on Nuclear Power Plants on the East Coast and what they should be able to withstand.

link   
Definitely felt it here in northern 'burbs of Philly!

Felt like a combination of a freight train passing our building / running over rumble strips on side of highway.

Can't wait to talk to my dogsitter today after work, he has 20 dogs around him at all times, it will be interesting to hear what their reaction was!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just pray the US rescue forces can cope.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralvenderfry
the Draco's are loose,the underground war has begun.fly,run,crawl away to freedom our genetic prisoners.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5142f3f55c31.jpg[/atsimg]

Resistance is Futile.. or something.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Do you think the Pope eats Buffalo Wings? If he doesn't he should, cause they're delicious....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

I am only a few miles from the Surry plant. South Eastern Virginia. everything there seems to be ok.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join