It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I live in Southwest VA, and I had no idea it was an earthquake until about 30 mins ago when someone told me, lol. I live a little over a mile from a rock quarry and thought it was just blasts. We feel the blasts often so I paid no mind. Hope a bigger one hits. Let's see some action!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by karen61057

Seriously? Now chemtrails are in the mix too? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Just wait, this is only the beginning.

Before the end of the day the Illuminati, shape shifting lizard aliens, Niburu, the Shriners and a glitch in the Matrix will be blamed.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Damn! Already 35 pages??? Crazy!!!

Yep, felt it all over Montreal city, Quebec.Evidently as did other Canadian regions.

And I see people talking about migraines and such??? Funny cause I was knocked to bed by an hawful one last night:
following a couple of moderate ones three days before. Even my sister felt nauseated for the last two days. Could there really be something to this? Very puzzling

edit on 23-8-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

That weird, I didn't feel it here in Laval. Good thing, because I was under the car, jacking the engine.

I did have a strange buzzing kinda headache last night though.

link   
Here's a relatively speaking recent compilation of Colorado's earthquake history:
CO earthquake history.

Also in Virginia, there were two moderate earthquakes in 2003:
4.5 in VA - 2003

3.9 in VA - 2003

Earthquakes happen, Earth is a dynamically changing object.....

It'll be ok everyone.

link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

I see you are in Vegas, where I lived for about six year before coming down here. I wouldn't start throwing stereotypes around if I were you. I live nowhere near the beach, and I actually live in the desert very near the San Andreas and San Jacinto faults, among others. SoCal is very, very overdue for a truly major earthquake in the 7, 8, 9 numbers, according to scientists.

I follow earthquakes / disasters as a hobby and I am a preparedness activist. You don't have to have daily 5. earthquakes to understand them. I understand all I need to which is that I am prepared for them as best I can be with medical, food and water supplies. I can't help but laugh when I watch people scatter like cockroaches because they live in some fantasy world of complacency, believing they don't need to prepare themselves for anything because nothing will ever happen to them, and the government will ride in and save them if it does. That worked out so well for Katrina victims.

Then I am hearing reports that officials are having trouble getting communications through to the nuclear power plants because the phone lines are all jammed (same thing happens out here even for small quakes). Shouldn't we as a country, the Great US of A, be a little more prepared for this kind of thing by now? I just don't get it. No wait, I do get it. NO ONE is watching out for you. You better do it for yourself.

I have family on the East coast that are reporting that people are completely spazzing out still as I type this. They are rushing out of buildings, causing traffic jams trying to get home early, etc. One of the most dangerous things about a disaster is the public reaction. The last place I want to be is on a highway, that's for sure. They will slow to a crawl and stop dead in no time during a real emergency.
edit on 23-8-2011 by JeepOrDie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I think they all already have been from reading all the earlier posts....

well..haven't seen the Shriners blamed yet.
edit on 23-8-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Seriously? Now chemtrails are in the mix too? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Before the end of the day the Illuminati, shape shifting lizard aliens, Niburu, the Shriners and a glitch in the Matrix will be blamed.

LOL...hilarious..

edit on 23-8-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
an other false flag
or is evil bouncing back
edit on 23-8-2011 by macssam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

So.

link   
www.youtube.com...

width="700" height="450"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/2AnNlyDcySY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="700" height="450">

damage looks smewhat severe in this tysons corner, va coverage

link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

I think the point is that people are overreacting. I was startled and for about a minute, a bit freaked out but then got excited we got to experience a tremor. But really, 200,000 died in Haiti and thousands perished in Japan. What happened here? A plate fell out of someones cabinet?

Absolutely agreed, i just can't stand how many ignorant posts, especially the people from California.. Posts like "I laugh at your guys' 5.9 earthquake we always get them here".. Ummmm no you fuc**** don't..
hi i guess you missed my post showing that in fact we do so heres your proof now To all the people claiming Cali hasn't had a quake in years here's a link newsjunkiepost.com... yeah and we didn't freak out about it the article is from Jun 14, 2010 at 9:38 pm so please if you don't know what your talking about please do us a favor and dont post stuff you have no clue about
edit on 23-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

The reason you "didnt freak out about it" was because nobody felt it.. Your article states that the quakes epicenter was in a deserted part of the state.. The nearest majorly populated area was 86 miles away in San Diego.. If it happened say in San Diego then i can see your point. The earthquakes epicenter today was in Richmond, Virginia.

WRONG... MINERAL, VA

Correct my bad.. Point is this quake was felt in many different major cities along the east coast, and the one he mentions I've never even heard of

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

yeah true story, I have a brother in richmond who said a floor fell out of a house in the Fan district where I used to live at VCU. scary stuff tho

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm a surveyors assistant. I was on a construction site in Towson Maryland, of a just completed parking garage, sitting on a wall just outside the parking garage entrance. I heard a loud rumble while the wall I was sitting on started to shake.

I turned around, thinking that someone had just started up a vibrating roller machine. Voila- no roller machine- I then realized we were experiencing an earthquake.

I yelled to my boss- EARTHQUAKE- who was about 15 feet away, talking to an electrican who had a giant beer belly. Near the end of the shaker- All of the construction personnel started running out of the parking garage- one telling me that the lightpoles on the roof of the garage were waving back and forth.

I walked over to my boss and the electrican- telling them an earthquake just happened. My boss agreed, but the electrician replied that he "did not feel a thing." He then ask my boss, whether I was supposed to be taking my meds?

I should have jokingly replied to the electrican- That I knew it was an earthquake, when I saw your big fat pot belly, shaking up and down!!!

No apparent damage to my house.

Ready for the aftershocks.

Erno86
edit on 23-8-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 23-8-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm in N.C. outside of Greensboro. I was on my mower and did not feel a thing. I come in the house and my wife has left me the following message. "" Answer the DAMN PHONE" THERE"S BEEN AN EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!! WHOLE %$#@*&^^ING SHAKING!!! THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT..... She works in a building of a whopping three floors. My son called me from Albany N.Y. he's there working in a mall, said they closed the mall due to cracks in a skylight and a cracked support beam.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

USGS: CO experiences largest quake in over 40 years

Amy Vaughan of the USGS said the 5.3 magnitude ties that of an earthquake Colorado suffered on August 9, 1967.

In 1973, the USGS originally reported a quake with a magnitude of 5.7, but it turned out that was caused by an explosion, Vaughan said.

www.kaj18.com...

I wonder what blew up then.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by the_journey_in

CNN reports that stones are loose at the monument.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

The New Madrid is three states away from here. I dont think it had anything to do with New Madrid. There are fault lines here in Virginia. Actually all along the appalachain mountains that run from Georgia to Maine there are faults lines. This is not unheard of for the area but I will say that it is rare. Everyone who comes into the store today is talking about the earthquake. We are staring a major hurricane in the face and this morning that was all anyone was talking about. Nothing like a little earthquake to take your mind off a major hurricane. Jeeze what interesting times we are living in. I never felt an earthquake before. I've been in many hurricanes.

link   
Western NY, felt it here.

link   
reply to post by JeepOrDie

Yes, and the buildings are on the east coast are much older and not earthquake enforced. We have plenty of buildings that are much older then the existance of California.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I can't help thinking this catastrophe must be related to the recent devaluing and discreditation of the dollar.

There is just so much evidence to point to it I do not know where to begin.

Surely it is a warning to America to pay back its 4trillion dollar debt, or pay the consequences?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join