It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

If its a foreshock, for something huge, 7 plus, it would cause massive amounts of damage throughout the Northeast Corridor.

I can't imagine the damage it would do to older structures like the US Capitol or the Empire State Building.

link   
I just received a text message from Emilia Earhart on Nibiru, stating that she is massing the forces of the Benevolents to intercept the Reptilian armada headed to Sol System. Field Marshal Ron Paul will be spear heading the interdiction force on the UBS E'chuta (United Benevolent Ship) - an Excelsior class dreadnaught star ship.

The Reptilians made a horrible decision to fire their ultra-harmonic subspace particle accelerator at NORAD and the White House causing these devastating earthquakes.

link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by soficrow

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by loam

My birds were trying to tell me this was coming. But I didn't listen!

Hope you and yours are okay - and don't forget, Winnipeg is a quake-free zone. You all are welcome any time.

funny now that you mentioned,, it,, same here,,, Cape Breton.

" i thought,,the birds,,there back,,, ",, only they were there all the time,,but just got,, a wee, bit noisier,, not wee at all

All seems fine. Fortunately, just a lot of shakin' and movin'

Of course, situations like this one are disturbing. Have you seen that thread?
edit on 23-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
If its a foreshock, for something huge, 7 plus, it would cause massive amounts of damage throughout the Northeast Corridor.

I can't imagine the damage it would do to older structures like the US Capitol or the Empire State Building.

Indeed. Structures around here are just not built for that.

As it is, WTOP is now reporting additional damage and injuries are beginning to trickle in.

Hopefully none of it is serious.
edit on 23-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

of course its weird. ask anyone from new england down to DC. when was the last time they ever remember something like this

i will say it again...if any of you are actually freaking AWAKE...it shouldn't be a surprise

90% of the sheep STILL don't get it..and many are on this board

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
I've never been in an Earthquake before. When I realized what was happening I ran for the back door but it knocked me down. It was crazy the whole wall in front of me was moving stuff was falling off my shelves, not everything just a few things. My head felt weird like cloudy almost almost like I went from sober to drunk in a half a second, wow.
edit on 23-8-2011 by bigern because: (no reason given)

Interesting the effects on you physically. I never thought of that. Like it disoriented you. Maybe inner ear balance or something. I heard on the radio a few months ago that the pineal gland can be sensitive to geomagnetic forces, and certain people are sensitive to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I was at a warehouse in chester VA, felt it there, evacuated building. big trucks shook a bit, building vibrated more than it shook, all in all it was more of a "what the heck is going on" type feeling than any panic or danger.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
I just received a text message from Emilia Earhart on Nibiru, stating that she is massing the forces of the Benevolents to intercept the Reptilian armada headed to Sol System. Field Marshal Ron Paul will be spear heading the interdiction force on the UBS E'chuta (United Benevolent Ship) - an Excelsior class dreadnaught star ship.

The Reptilians made a horrible decision to fire their ultra-harmonic subspace particle accelerator at NORAD and the White House causing these devastating earthquakes.

lose lips sink ships!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
please note all the sarcastic comments here about nibiru, etc

go check your Facebook and other boards i bet half the people are dismissing the very truth right in front of their eyes

folks, we had 2 rare EQs in 1 day

one that directly hit our capital

WAKE UP

this is not about doom and gloom. its about blatantly opening your eyes and seeing the big pattern that has been unfolding for a while

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here is the thing about judging people and their experiences during an earthquake...you cannot. Depending on where they are standing and depending on where the house is built and how, it is a completely different experience.

After Northridge, on my side of the street, our chimneys were fine, across the street every chimney crumbled into the living rooms. A friends house in Santa Monica completely thrashed inside, everything broken in every cupboard or on the floor, paintings broken, but fine outside. In Hollywood cars crushed by overhangs but no one hurt. In Northridge proper, people died in a poorly built apartment building.

You cannot judge what is happening in a limited county earthquake, let alone a multiple state quake.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Before everyone starts dropping all the really wacky conspiracies, like man made Quakes, lets put today's northeast Earthquake into perspective.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

"Believe it or not, the Northeast US is earthquake country! No it does not have the high frequency of earthquakes of California. However, the Northeast has experienced damaging earthquakes in the past and they will occur again in the future."

www.nesec.org...

edit on 23-8-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

While earthquakes do happen very infrequently, this particular one happened 10 miles from a nuclear reactor.

That's pretty damn close for the largest earthquake in 100 years.

But, I'm not saying it was man made.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

did you find that thread? Interesting to see if this was predicted!

link   
In Annapolis Md. they were a little premeature to jump the gun on the damage report. Reports are pouring in about cracked foundations building sitting off foundations the Bay Bridge is shut down going to Ocean City the Foundations have shifted the new are so stupid any thing to get a quick headline. There is alot of below ground damage in Annapolis water flooding roads from water mains...

link   
Here in NY-Wall Street Area i know the postings late but just got in you know how things get shut down. Started to feel "shakes" a little before two, but coonstruction is going on in the building so nothing came to mind but then it continued to many to be from the construction. Also want to mention that the streets were closed because Dominique was giving his "relesed press conference across the street from my building."
Anyhow the shaking continued to the point that I asked others if they felt it, because it became to much, well we were told to evacuated the building once outside the officer told us that it was an earthquake in WV, that was effecting the area. People closer to the Seaport were saying how the buildings was shaking, also found out that it was felt in Canarsie, Bronx, Brooklyn,Queens. Wow what an experience....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

Thanks for the clarification, dtrock78 - I knew it sounded sensible but now I understand the mechanics.

Timidgal

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I knew it! Shazam!!!!! Im gonna go write a book about that and sell it on the internets. Dagnabbit!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by schuyler

Feel superior now?

Here's the whole story. The story behind the hapless earthquake victim. I hope you get the help you need. If you hurry, maybe Stacy will buy you a slushee, too. It's also an interesting contrast revealing a somewhat different reaction from ATS members compared to, say, the rest of the world.

I don't feel particularly superior. I live on top of a fault and our last was something like a 7.1, which caused very little damage. But I have taken steps to prepare, including food, water, and shelter. My guess most of these people shown wringing their hands haven't even thought about it.

Darn. Now there's going to be another rush on Mountain House #10 cans....

Now here's what will happen. People will find cracks in various buildings and attribute them to the earthquake when they've been there since the foundation settled. I was in high school in 1965 when we had a 6.5 and that's exactly what happened. Suddenly people started noticing stuff that had been there since the school was built.

edit on 8/23/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I went to watch video coverage at CNN and had to sit through an Exxon commercial talking about how safe frakking is and how important natural gas is to the world
You think that was a planned "PR" commercial?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soccerinco
35 pages in. Has anyone mentioned the similarity of the Colorado quake from last night? It was about the same magnitude and on the same line of latitude(37.936). Is there any significance to this?

Someone earlier today mentioned something about the 37th parallel in a thread about the Colorado quake. We are also located on the 37th at 37.95. I don't know the connection.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I believe if it was a foreshock the major quake would occur about an hour or so later..... one has not and it has been a few hours so maybe the time has passed to end that concern.

I have not felt anything since the quake

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join