It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOP: No tax hikes -- except for the poor"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

It is quite frustrating when folks do not read the thread. As has been said EVERYONE pays as soon as a purchase is made. It is also quite frustrating that some people can see that people are being driven into poverty by economic forces. It is far too easy to point at the stereotypes than face reality. We all just shucked out 16 trillion dollars to the rich and some of you have the gall to cry over 3trillion to the rest of the country. And to top it off it is the 3 trillion your pissed about. talk about misplaced priorities.
seed

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

As shareholder, when I buy into a corporation, I assist in their financial definition.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

What a load of drivel. The payroll tax cut is so tiny that most people didn't even notice it. It's also helping to bankrupt the nation even faster because it's a direct cut to revenue.

There is no plan to cut taxes for the rich, by either party. Just more bs rhetoric with false claims and biased data to make a weak attempt to back it up.

And btw, do a little research on just how much revenue would be gained by taxing the rich... and just how much economic damage would be done by raising those taxes. We don't have a revenue problem... we have spending problem. Just more bs from the liberal left to play the class warfare card.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Twainfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by beezzer

..And the unions represent........who?

And the corporations represent.....who?
As a shareholder, the corporation represents me.

The unions represent politicians, bloated thugs, and hapless teachers, tradesmen that are trapped by their draconian rule.

You must have gotten your knees dirty with that one

Mitt, is that you?

If they represent you, ask them why they are charging you twice as much for gas?

Ask why Health insurance cost three times as much in a decade?

Ask why they are debasing America with such Gusto?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

As shareholder, when I buy into a corporation, I assist in their financial definition.

And if you were limited in your contribution to that corporation to a fixed amount that would be representitive of a peoples voice..assuming that corporation was required to disclose it's political spending so that you could make an appropriate choice as to how your money is spent.

But neither of those things exist.

A corporation recently was created which gave 1 Million dollars to Mitt Romeny and then it dissapeared.

Do you know of any person that is born and dies in 4 months with the sole purpose of donating to a political campaign?

Was that corporation 1 Million People's voices?

10?

No. It was 1 Million dollars...defined by it's money, not it's citizens......given by one man by the way.

Corporations assigned personhood is simply democracy for sale. That is a logical conclusion, not an idealogical one.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the DNC talking point.

I'm not a Republican but I'm still offended when people from either Party willingly spread talking points. The Spin is making me dizzy.

I'm off to see what the talking points are from the other side. Just as full of crap I suspect.

Looks like we can kiss SS goodbye. You folk better start figuring out how to explain to your children how it was a good thing you spent their money before they were born.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Thanks for the DNC talking point.

I'm not a Republican but I'm still offended when people from either Party willingly spread talking points. The Spin is making me dizzy.

I'm off to see what the talking points are from the other side. Just as full of crap I suspect.

Looks like we can kiss SS goodbye. You folk better start figuring out how to explain to your children how it was a good thing you spent their money before they were born.

Funny Blaine

You never come in swinging when the TEA party members threads make spurious claims which
benefit their narrative. You play the role well.

Just calling you out

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Better yet, why not ask your feckless leaders in government swhy they spend more than any corporation and end up failing so poorly in fiscal matters that they lose credit ratings.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Have no fear all my middle and poor class mates.
Have you not read the bible?
It says the meek shall inherit the earth.
The meek sure ain't the rich.
Not that god is going to come down and set things straight.
It just means they (the selfish rich) are going to trash the system so bad that one day we will all be poor.
Now don't that make you feel better.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Janky Red

Better yet, why not ask your feckless leaders in government swhy they spend more than any corporation and end up failing so poorly in fiscal matters that they lose credit ratings.

Go easy on the GOP, they are just doing what their corporate masters tell them to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

i must have a different definition of what the word meek means.

yep i remember right they are the ones who dont covent someone elses property (money)and going and tax the rich tax the rich.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
The Republican Party is not about you or your interests or your needs. It is about greed and corruption. How anyone can vote Republican and claim they care about this country is absolutely mind boggling.

So helping our workers' futures by restoring how much they pay into SS is being greedy and self-serving?

Obama cut the employee amount paying into it, thus meaning that today's workers will have 2% less to draw upon when they retire (the 2% we will lose over the past year). And we won't get that 2% back, because the big story here is that I can just about guarantee that 99% of American workers had zero clue that the cuts were introduced in the first place. This was done to stimulate the GDP temporarily. Yet if workers has known about this, they may have saved that money themselves and invested it wisely.

And you know we can't have people doing that because that's greedy and selfish.

Seriously, people need to begin thinking for themselves instead of regurgitating what they read on the news.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685
reply to post by MrXYZ

All politicians should have to wear the emblems/names of the corporations that support them

This! And if they get more than $100k from a single corporation, they need to tattoo that corp logo onto their forehead, hands, breasts, and of course their ass. Would solve a lot of issues with bought politicians...at least they'd be even easier to spot

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
And people wonder why the middle and lower class vote Democrat.

I've long said both Democrats and Republicans will tax you to death but at least the Democrats will give you something for it. This article illustrates exactly why I can't understand how everyday people vote Republican.

When someone tells me their Republican I ask "Are you rich?" If they answer yes then I say "At least you have a good excuse."

I have considered myself liberal for most of my life, but am seeing the error in my ways.. especially when it comes to my view on the economy & taxes.

While Democrats want to lower taxes for the poor, and seem like Robin Hood, or the 'good guys'.. They're still the ones that print the majority of the money. Quantitative Easing is much worse than keeping taxes lower for the rich. QE takes the total value of what you have in the bank, and devalues it a certain amount - that certain amount is also applied to the rich. It's like a flat tax. You are getting taxed the same percentage the rich are, which goes directly against what democrats stand for, and it's a device they use to help pay for all of their social programs (in a round about way)

When it comes down to it though, neither party actually does what they say they're going to, and they blame it on incompetency.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by beezzer

..And the unions represent........who?

Themselves.

And the corporations represent.....who?

Themselves.

But which one is up front about it?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

The poor do pay taxes, the poor pay taxes every time they fill their gas tanks, every time they buy anything that isn't food, every time they get a paycheck. The poor pay taxes. It's only a Conservative misnomer that the poor don't pay anything in taxes.

See, this is how they get you to justify raising taxes on the poor, they make you believe that the poor pay no taxes when it's simply not true.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

The obvious question is, What percentage of your 25% is going to a ? How do you know this? Is it 1% or 24%? Will a tax increase increase the amount of welfare a "crack whore" receives?

Please ponder your take on life....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Obamas2ndTerm

Everyone pays some how or another....Tax the Poor...look at Cigs? There is no reason one product should be over taxed than any other. Our Congress is afraid to directly tax people further locally,state or fed. So they justify increasing it on products.Unemployment is even taxed! Die and you get raped by the government!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obamas2ndTerm
reply to post by wardk28

The poor do pay taxes, the poor pay taxes every time they fill their gas tanks, every time they buy anything that isn't food, every time they get a paycheck. The poor pay taxes. It's only a Conservative misnomer that the poor don't pay anything in taxes.

See, this is how they get you to justify raising taxes on the poor, they make you believe that the poor pay no taxes when it's simply not true.

ask the current potus why he raised the taxes on the poor with a cigarette tax to fund a childrens program.

wait aint he a democrat supposed to be looking out for the poor?

and then agian social security seniors who havent gotten their cost of living raise for the last 3 years and will not be getting one for the forseeable future meanwhile everything goes and including taxes.

hmm.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by mustard seed

But that is where you are flawed. Neo is right, they don’t pay income tax. Who gives a rats a$$ about the tax you pay on a candy bar or a sandwich at McDonalds? THEY DONT PAY INCOME TAX. What part of that are you ignoring or not comprehending? Its not that hard of a concept. Please comment on how you feel about 48% of America not paying into income tax, then the discussion can go on. Otherwise you are ignoring facts, and responding with off topic comments with no factual basis.

Top 1% Pay More Income Tax Than Bottom 90%

taxprof.typepad.com...

edit on 23-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

Lemme make it easy for you...

They pay no tax because the nation is basically saying, "Ha, ha, you are soooo poor...instead of paying a tax, we have to GIVE you money back! Poor, poor, bastard!"

If I have all the money, and you have no money, what would I look like asking you to pay your fair share? What would you pay with?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join