Why does anyone feel they are entitled to anymore of MY money?

page: 5
24
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus
 


The great French classical liberal, Frederic Bastiat, stated that plunder is always easier than profit. In other words, it is easier for the poor to use government as a tool to plunder you for your earnings, than it is for them to get off of their a$$ and go earn it themselves. This is the basis for the Democrat party, and more importantly, the zero liability voter. The non-tax paying citizen votes for those that will use their power in government to take from you and give to them. To answer your question, it is never enough, and you will probably be called a racist or some other commonly thrown around term because you have the nerve to suggest that you are entitled to keep your personal property, instead of have it redistributed to those that did not earn it. So where is your incentive to work hard if the fruits of your hard work are taken from you? There isn't one... and that is the end result of progressivism aka hope and change.




Can't help but readdress this....

What is someones personal property? How did they attain it? Have they simply claimed ownership of something that belongs to everyone as commonly happens?




posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I agree 100% OP. I am leaving my job in a few weeks and I plan to go on unemployment and get all of the other socialist entitlements I possibly can. Between federal, state, local and property taxes I pay over 40k/year in taxes. I say ENOUGH!!! I QUIT! By the time I grab all of the benefits I can, I hope to become a net loss of 75k or more to the "system". Unless you know where I can find Galt's Gulch, I quit. I am done subsidizing the lazy.


I hope you reconsider.

We were at a barbeque a few weeks ago and ended up sitting at a table with a woman who grew up with my wife's friend who was hosting. She had just flown in from California with her two children and was telling us how great being unemployed was for her. She has been doing societally productive activities such as going to her wine club every week.

Her last comment (before I went in the house and rammed my head through a door) was that if unemployment was not extended further she might-MIGHT-have to go and get a job.

50%. How much more so other people can still enjoy their wine club.


That reminds me of the other day at the park when we over heard some women talking about their men being out of work and their "solution" was to get pregnant so all the rich white (I'm not being racist, just repeating what was said) folks can pay them so they can go get their hair and nails done. They were even discussing what kind of car they were going to buy as I was walking by throwing up...


The benefit was they gave me a chance to talk to my daughter (turning 6 this weekend) and discuss why I do not want her to be like them, and how what they were doing was wrong. All she could say is "But why don't they just go get a job?" That's a great question...

So thanks Jasmine and Zataya...



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Before you start blaming the poor for all your money woes, it's the government that's run by the super rich that are taking your money and squandering it. I don't get it; do the upper middle class like you actually think that poor people take up most of the high taxes they pay?


Where do you see any blaming of the poor by myself? I think you need to read my posts again. I do not think ANYONE; poor, rich or middle class, is entitled to anymore of my money.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I have an easy answer for you Brother.


Atlas Shrugged.

Directive 10-289


Read it, I get where you are coming from.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
You want the luxury of living in a modern, functional, society but at the same time you want the Right to live in a Frontier type environment where you're not taxed and the government leaves you alone. You can't have it both ways.


Who said anything about reverting to a 'frontier type enviornment'? I just think the government takes too much of my money and asked, "How much more?". Fairly straight forward, how much more are they entitled to?



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Seriously, the "plight of the wealthy" is getting boring and bordering on offensive.


Sorry to disappoint you but I am by no means 'wealthy'. Well off? Possibly. Wealthy? No.


You will get no sympathy.


I am not looking for anyone's sympathy, I do not need people to feel sorry for me.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I am sure you would share money with your family members who had bad luck. You had good luck. Make the rest of your fellow citizens like your family. Share your luck.


I was not lucky. I worked hard for everything I own. When I first bought my business I worked almost a year without taking one day off just to make sure we were successful. I worked 12-14 hours a day giving up the one thing I would not get back, my TIME. I do not feel that anyone is entitled to anymore of my time that I already have given, close to 50% of MY time is enough.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I agree 100% OP. I am leaving my job in a few weeks and I plan to go on unemployment and get all of the other socialist entitlements I possibly can. Between federal, state, local and property taxes I pay over 40k/year in taxes. I say ENOUGH!!! I QUIT! By the time I grab all of the benefits I can, I hope to become a net loss of 75k or more to the "system". Unless you know where I can find Galt's Gulch, I quit. I am done subsidizing the lazy.


I hope you reconsider.

We were at a barbeque a few weeks ago and ended up sitting at a table with a woman who grew up with my wife's friend who was hosting. She had just flown in from California with her two children and was telling us how great being unemployed was for her. She has been doing societally productive activities such as going to her wine club every week.

Her last comment (before I went in the house and rammed my head through a door) was that if unemployment was not extended further she might-MIGHT-have to go and get a job.

50%. How much more so other people can still enjoy their wine club.


That reminds me of the other day at the park when we over heard some women talking about their men being out of work and their "solution" was to get pregnant so all the rich white (I'm not being racist, just repeating what was said) folks can pay them so they can go get their hair and nails done. They were even discussing what kind of car they were going to buy as I was walking by throwing up...


The benefit was they gave me a chance to talk to my daughter (turning 6 this weekend) and discuss why I do not want her to be like them, and how what they were doing was wrong. All she could say is "But why don't they just go get a job?" That's a great question...

So thanks Jasmine and Zataya...




The type lies I love to expose. These are the type lies that some people ingest and actually believe. If there is any response to this post I will return and expose you for a liar.

People disregard this lie in the vein of "welfare queens".



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
You want the luxury of living in a modern, functional, society but at the same time you want the Right to live in a Frontier type environment where you're not taxed and the government leaves you alone. You can't have it both ways.


Who said anything about reverting to a 'frontier type enviornment'? I just think the government takes too much of my money and asked, "How much more?". Fairly straight forward, how much more are they entitled to?





As our society expands and becomes more complicated it MAY become necessary for it to take more than it does.

As long as we desire to live in elegant societies, society is entitled to take as much as it deems necessary. When we get tired of it, we can return to living primitive lives in clans.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
As our society expands and becomes more complicated it MAY become necessary for it to take more than it does.


Or it can become less wasteful and stop taking as much as it does.


As long as we desire to live in elegant societies, society is entitled to take as much as it deems necessary. When we get tired of it, we can return to living primitive lives in clans.


Where is the middle ground? Much of our tax money goes to fuel political ideology in the guise of 'necessary' programs. This is on both sides of the aisle. Our governement spends too much, therefore we are taxed too much. I have given enough, I do not feel I should being giving anymore.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 





s our society expands and becomes more complicated it MAY become necessary for it to take more than it does.

As long as we desire to live in elegant societies, society is entitled to take as much as it deems necessary. When we get tired of it, we can return to living primitive lives in clans.


Government takes in the name of society but produces nothing. It does not "provide society for us" We the people provide society in spite of government theft of the fruits of our labors! it pays interest to international banksters, funds illegal wars, and bails out politically connected/protected multinational corporations. It Does not provide society. It is a giant leech on society! You sound like a script runner troll. If you really believe the tripe you are posting then that is pretty pathetic.

You should read what one of our founders had to say:


A great part of that order which reigns among mankind is not the effect of government. It had its origin in the principles of society, and the natural constitution of man. It existed prior to government, and would exist if the formality of government was abolished. The mutual dependence and reciprocal interest which man has in man and all the parts of a civilized community upon each other create that great chain of connection which holds it together.

The landholder, the farmer, the manufacturer, the merchant, the tradesman, and every occupation prospers by the aid which each receives from the other, and from the whole. Common interest regulates their concerns, and forms their laws; and the laws which common usage ordains, have a greater influence than the laws of government. IN FINE SOCIETY PERFORMS FOR ITSELF ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT IS ASCRIBED TO GOVERNMENT. Thomas Paine Society is a Blessing But Government is Evil




edit on 23-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I agree 100% OP. I am leaving my job in a few weeks and I plan to go on unemployment and get all of the other socialist entitlements I possibly can. Between federal, state, local and property taxes I pay over 40k/year in taxes. I say ENOUGH!!! I QUIT! By the time I grab all of the benefits I can, I hope to become a net loss of 75k or more to the "system". Unless you know where I can find Galt's Gulch, I quit. I am done subsidizing the lazy.


I hope you reconsider.

We were at a barbeque a few weeks ago and ended up sitting at a table with a woman who grew up with my wife's friend who was hosting. She had just flown in from California with her two children and was telling us how great being unemployed was for her. She has been doing societally productive activities such as going to her wine club every week.

Her last comment (before I went in the house and rammed my head through a door) was that if unemployment was not extended further she might-MIGHT-have to go and get a job.

50%. How much more so other people can still enjoy their wine club.


That reminds me of the other day at the park when we over heard some women talking about their men being out of work and their "solution" was to get pregnant so all the rich white (I'm not being racist, just repeating what was said) folks can pay them so they can go get their hair and nails done. They were even discussing what kind of car they were going to buy as I was walking by throwing up...


The benefit was they gave me a chance to talk to my daughter (turning 6 this weekend) and discuss why I do not want her to be like them, and how what they were doing was wrong. All she could say is "But why don't they just go get a job?" That's a great question...

So thanks Jasmine and Zataya...




The type lies I love to expose. These are the type lies that some people ingest and actually believe. If there is any response to this post I will return and expose you for a liar.

People disregard this lie in the vein of "welfare queens".


Expose till your hearts content. It's not my fault this crap happens everyday. Even my daughter's mother would rather sit on her bum and blame everyone, but yet she hasn't filled out an application in 2 yrs! My mom works in the ER where most of these deadbeats come in expecting to be waited on hand and foot over a headache and no insurance. So keep spurting out your seeds... I have no sympathy for the ignorant or ghetto bunnies.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
As our society expands and becomes more complicated it MAY become necessary for it to take more than it does.


Or it can become less wasteful and stop taking as much as it does.


As long as we desire to live in elegant societies, society is entitled to take as much as it deems necessary. When we get tired of it, we can return to living primitive lives in clans.


Where is the middle ground? Much of our tax money goes to fuel political ideology in the guise of 'necessary' programs. This is on both sides of the aisle. Our governement spends too much, therefore we are taxed too much. I have given enough, I do not feel I should being giving anymore.




What you state isn't the fault of government but rather the people we allow to get in those positions. The solution is simple: Remove money and abused power from government. The simple removal of money will insure many of the psychos lose interest in it.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 





s our society expands and becomes more complicated it MAY become necessary for it to take more than it does.

As long as we desire to live in elegant societies, society is entitled to take as much as it deems necessary. When we get tired of it, we can return to living primitive lives in clans.


Government takes in the name of society but produces nothing. It does not "provide society for us" We the people provide society in spite of government theft of the fruits of our labors! it pays interest to international banksters, funds illegal wars, and bails out politically connected/protected multinational corporations. It Does not provide society. It is a giant leech on society! You sound like a script runner troll. If you really believe the tripe you are posting then that is pretty pathetic.

You should read what one of our founders had to say:


A great part of that order which reigns among mankind is not the effect of government. It had its origin in the principles of society, and the natural constitution of man. It existed prior to government, and would exist if the formality of government was abolished. The mutual dependence and reciprocal interest which man has in man and all the parts of a civilized community upon each other create that great chain of connection which holds it together.

The landholder, the farmer, the manufacturer, the merchant, the tradesman, and every occupation prospers by the aid which each receives from the other, and from the whole. Common interest regulates their concerns, and forms their laws; and the laws which common usage ordains, have a greater influence than the laws of government. IN FINE SOCIETY PERFORMS FOR ITSELF ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT IS ASCRIBED TO GOVERNMENT. Thomas Paine Society is a Blessing But Government is Evil




edit on 23-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)




Government has ENABLED us the organization and security to produce everything we have.

In essence government does insure society, without government we would still have a society, but it would be Somalian. All the wrong things you cite as governmental shortcoming is due to the wrong people being allowed to have seats. Also the influence that money has on those individuals, that problem can be fixed.

What the Founders wrote merely highlights they weren't perfect as they are often praised. Yes society existed before government, but it was such chaos that mankind found it impossible to advance very far.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
What you state isn't the fault of government but rather the people we allow to get in those positions.


It is also the fault of the people who put them there and their continued support of this type of ideology and rhetoric.


The solution is simple: Remove money and abused power from government.


A populace that is educated on where their hard-earned proceeds are going would be more effective.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I agree 100% OP. I am leaving my job in a few weeks and I plan to go on unemployment and get all of the other socialist entitlements I possibly can. Between federal, state, local and property taxes I pay over 40k/year in taxes. I say ENOUGH!!! I QUIT! By the time I grab all of the benefits I can, I hope to become a net loss of 75k or more to the "system". Unless you know where I can find Galt's Gulch, I quit. I am done subsidizing the lazy.


I hope you reconsider.

We were at a barbeque a few weeks ago and ended up sitting at a table with a woman who grew up with my wife's friend who was hosting. She had just flown in from California with her two children and was telling us how great being unemployed was for her. She has been doing societally productive activities such as going to her wine club every week.

Her last comment (before I went in the house and rammed my head through a door) was that if unemployment was not extended further she might-MIGHT-have to go and get a job.

50%. How much more so other people can still enjoy their wine club.


That reminds me of the other day at the park when we over heard some women talking about their men being out of work and their "solution" was to get pregnant so all the rich white (I'm not being racist, just repeating what was said) folks can pay them so they can go get their hair and nails done. They were even discussing what kind of car they were going to buy as I was walking by throwing up...


The benefit was they gave me a chance to talk to my daughter (turning 6 this weekend) and discuss why I do not want her to be like them, and how what they were doing was wrong. All she could say is "But why don't they just go get a job?" That's a great question...

So thanks Jasmine and Zataya...




The type lies I love to expose. These are the type lies that some people ingest and actually believe. If there is any response to this post I will return and expose you for a liar.

People disregard this lie in the vein of "welfare queens".


Expose till your hearts content. It's not my fault this crap happens everyday. Even my daughter's mother would rather sit on her bum and blame everyone, but yet she hasn't filled out an application in 2 yrs! My mom works in the ER where most of these deadbeats come in expecting to be waited on hand and foot over a headache and no insurance. So keep spurting out your seeds... I have no sympathy for the ignorant or ghetto bunnies.




It's your fault that people take it to the extreme that it happens everyday. Propaganda that is spread by wealthy elite to keep you angry at other poor people as if YOU are actually taking care of someone else.

After typing what you type, you can walk/drive to the store and get hit by a stray bullet, putting you in a wheelchair and in an instant YOU would become one of your "ghetto bunnies".

People expect healthcare (perhaps erroneously) due to our living in a supposed advanced society. They go to the ER because the price of things (healthcare) has ballooned beyond what it should be.

If you have no sympathy for the ignorant or ghetto bunnies...I guess you failed in this incarnation and will perhaps choose to reincarnate next time as one of them or even worst.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
What you state isn't the fault of government but rather the people we allow to get in those positions.


It is also the fault of the people who put them there and their continued support of this type of ideology and rhetoric.


The solution is simple: Remove money and abused power from government.


A populace that is educated on where their hard-earned proceeds are going would be more effective.




Yes it is our fault.

It's also our fault because we don't educate ourselves as you suggest.

None of this is the fault of the ideology of government. A gun left on the dresser can harm no one...until it is picked up by a criminal.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 





Government has ENABLED us the organization and security to produce everything we have.

In essence government does insure society, without government we would still have a society, but it would be Somalian. All the wrong things you cite as governmental shortcoming is due to the wrong people being allowed to have seats. Also the influence that money has on those individuals, that problem can be fixed.

What the Founders wrote merely highlights they weren't perfect as they are often praised. Yes society existed before government, but it was such chaos that mankind found it impossible to advance very far.



GOVERNMENT DOES NOT ENABLE ANYTHING except theft plunder and oppression! Somalia exist in the current state because government destroyed the more self sufficient cultures of its people then collapsed under its own weight. You are completely delusional and brain washed with Marxist tripe. You're the kind of dupe communist have used for decades to foment revolution and genocide etc.

One of the most sophisticated societies of Europe existed 1000 years in relative peace freedom and prosperity with no government! PDF www.mises.org...
edit on 23-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've worked my entire life. I pay my taxes which are outrageous.

I would like to see a lot of spending cuts before I hear anymore about making people pay their fair share.

Already, it's the middle class and affluent that pay taxes. The bottom 47% of households don't pay any tax.

While I was working for awhile, I also sold Real Estate. It was a good side job. I made money but it was a lot of work. When I looked at the tax rate I was paying on this "Extra" income I decided it just wasn't worth it.

I would like to see the government actually try to work within it's budget, not just go out and take more money from people like me.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
None of this is the fault of the ideology of government.


Not the ideology of the government but the ideology of those in the government. And I, for one, am tired of it.





new topics
 
24
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join