It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon And Jupiter 2011-08-22

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Bosb33r

Ive recently been getting into astronomy more....I have a real nice set of binos that i can look at the sun moon and most basic things but id like to get a good scope and do astrophotography and/or video....really impressive...makes me want to go out and blow some money haha

Herschel wedges on binos? Thats expensive

I really don't like the thought of using solar film lol.

its just some lenses you can put over the binos....was about 100 bucks...but well worth it...i enjoy watching the sun...id have to look up what brand they were

Probably Baader

I have a refractor I plan to use for solar white light work.

I am saving for wedge for photographic and visual, I would rather buy the best and safest for solar lol.

Better for me and my equipment (cameras)

Also higher contrasting apparently.

edit on 23-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

ya i was a little nervous staring at the sun lol...so far so good....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This thread, and this video was the reason I finally decides to register with this site after a year of lurking. I have always been fascinated by the cosmos, but I know next to nothing about telescopes or astrology. What I do know is that your video is amazing. The moon images were great, fantastic detail. But once the image changed to your Jupiter footage, my jaw dropped and I got the chills. I think its awesome that with the right equipment, an amateur can capture those kind of images. (you may or may not be an amateur though, but either way, these are some great visuals)

thank you very much for this

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Cool images. I do not understand the repeat of that one crater on the moon. What significance does that crater hold? Good job!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

edit: Oh, ok, looks like you already covered that...

I have an Orion 8" reflector and was interested in your choice of equipment for filming. Would you mind detailing the equipment used for your video production here? Thank-you.
edit on 23-8-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

thats awesome buddie thanks for sharing, really beautiful, alot of people take the moon and other things for granted, but when you see it like this its truly an eye opener.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ahh BSG music

A man after my own heart!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Great pics btw S+F made a little clip of my own the other night from my homemade Desire HD Telescope Adapter but the glare from Jupiter was a devil what filter did you use?

Excuse the little UFO couldn't resist
Don't worry I have my saucer licence.....

Hopefully Santa has a motorized tracking telescope mount in his sack this Christmas
not so much judder.

edit on 23-8-2011 by DreamerOracle because: adding

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

I have the very same telescope..don't you just love it. Just curious though...Did you shoot through the eyepiece, or from the back via a T adapter?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Beautiful video bro. The Moon was absolutely amazing in HD. You must have a real nice telescope because I have seen alot of moon footage, and this is one of the best. Good work. I would love to see some Saturn footage by you. Keep it up.
~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thanks again for all the great comments
I can get a lot closer to the moon and planets with my other telescope, but the weather condition must be great for it! this shot i made with a 8" telescope, and the 11" is a lot bigger with a better focal lenght to get some real close ups

To all when you want to look to the sun!!!!! use a solar filter ( baader solarfilter ) please never look to the sun with out that!! you will be blind

@ BPolar Thanks! yes its awesome to see planets and the moon bur to see this view you will be need atleast a 8" Telescope with a good barlow 2x and 8mm eyepiece, otherwise you will see a smaller object but also very beautiful to see!

@ PunchingBag80 That's copernicus one of the biggest craters you will find on the Moon

@ DreamerOracleI don't use any filters, when you want to take a shot like this ( Planets ) they are bright through the eyepiece, best thing to do is to cover the light with a towel in front of the lens from your telescope

@ sith9157 I did take the shots through the eyepiece ( eyepiece projection )

@ SheopleNation at the end of this video you will find Saturn

I am not a real astronomer, this is one of my sidelines. Every day i learn more and more, that's also with our life.
I share all the beauty what i see to all of you

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The Moon and Jupiter that night were indeed beautiful!

I wrote a very short poem the night the video in the op was recorded. I think the poem was a bit too cryptic for many to understand initially, but I was writing about the Moon and Jupiter.

Royal Dance

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Truly amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing this, extremely crisp captures given the conditions. I was a bit surprised how clear you were able to capture Jupiter.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join