It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Man’s Husband To Be Deported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
75% of new AIDS cases are due to homosexual males. Good riddance
don't let the door hit ya, so on and so forth.

greaterthanone.org...

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 8/21/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

prof, youre incorrect, where do you get your statistics??

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

Laws should be applied EVENLY to EVERYONE

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Agree and disagree. Zero-tolerance policy is as destructive as full-tolerance policy. These situations should be judged on individual basis and decided based on whether this person brings something of value to the nation... blah, blah, blah. Point is, going after the easy folks, the ones who try to do the right thing and ignoring the rest because it's politically incorrect not to, is shameful.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by LadyS

Laws should be applied EVENLY to EVERYONE

I agree, it is bad enough here in Arizona with the immigration issue and Sheriff Joe is trying to round up as many as he can,if they have to go,so does this man,

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

did the guy in his 19 years living here attempt to become a citizen?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
...if we're gonna keep things fair (here on ats) - then, those of you who damn hispanic illegals who have lived here for a long time and have not become citizens, should apply the same to this man... as far as i'm concerned, this is not a gay marriage issue...
edit on 8/21/11 by Wyn Hawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Despite personally appealing to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and President Barack Obama, and despite the fact that Makk meets many of the requirements of an ICE memo meant to guide agents in their discretionary decisions on who can and cannot stay in the country (he is married to an American citizen, is the primary caretaker of an ill citizen, has no criminal history and has legally lived in the U.S. for many years)...Link

ICE has discretionary judgement/power to decide who stays and who goes. Make no mistake - this is a political move, rooted in the gay-marriage debate. The Govt. is making an example...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

prof, youre incorrect, where do you get your statistics?

From his link
although that's the stats for California, they far surpass most states in new HIV cases so imo its relevant.

But its 'cool' to see you defending gay rights and marriage. Are you gay? Come on, don't be shy, this is an anonymous forum.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

The law is not fair, nor does it apply the same to everyone, especially not when agencies are given license to essentially choose who gets to stay and who has to go. Guiding principles and Memos issued to agencies to "help them decide" are not absolute.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

...theres nothing in my post that says anything about the law... my post was entirely directed to the bigots on ats that damn hispanic illegals but dont see that this guy has done the same thing...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I need to re read the article but I thought that he came here under a legal visa. To me that's a little different than someone who sneaks into the country, even though at this point he is still being deported for the same thing. I agree though, hard to stand up for this guy and ask be mad about illegals. I admit I'm being hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ok, fair enough...

However, this happens to be about a pair who IMHO, are being targeted as an example and it is rooted in the gay-marriage debate. The Aussie was in the US legally for two decades... not an illegal, well, not until his papers expired. The system is hypocritical and subject to bias... that is what we are seeing here.
edit on 21-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

thought that he came here under a legal visa. To me that's a little different than someone who sneaks into the country,

...its not different, imo... lots of people come here (from all over the world) on a visa, then stay YEARS after their visa runs out and theres many reasons why, some sort of justifable (no money) and some not...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

...maybe... or maybe we're seeing another example of sensationalistic non-journalism to spur public support of gay marriage... or maybe we're seeing another example of sensationalistic non-journalism designed to spur division among us...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

That too....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Law is the law, He's illegal, he needs to be deported, its sad but thats the law....why didnt in his 19 years here try to become legal?

I was listening to this on the radio. The man himself (the one being deported).

There's something about that he created his own business when he came here - - - sold it recently for a lot of money - - - then because he was living off the money from the sale - - - not actually employed - - - he did not qualify for a permanent visa.

Seems to me there is a "quirk" in the law - - - that is deliberately being enforced because he is gay.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

where is the compassion? none being shown...poor buggars

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS

Ok, fair enough...

However, this happens to be about a pair who IMHO, are being targeted as an example and it is rooted in the gay-marriage debate. The Aussie was in the US legally for two decades... not an illegal, well, not until his papers expired. The system is hypocritical and subject to bias... that is what we are seeing here.

Yes - - I agree completely with you.

After listening to a live interview with the man being deported. He filed all the proper papers and tried to go through legal channels. He tried to do everything the legal way.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
75% of new AIDS cases are due to homosexual males. Good riddance
don't let the door hit ya, so on and so forth.

greaterthanone.org...

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 8/21/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

It's says 53% in the U.S. And I'd imagine a lower rate globally.

Choosing the worst number in a specific location, and then acting like that number represents everywhere(while the link clearly gives other numbers), is nothing short of lying. Using dishonesty to make a point, only weakens the point.

~
45% of people getting Aids are black. If your reasoning with the 53% being gay means they need to be sent away. I presume you're for sending black people away too?

Or, are you just bigoted and trying to use excuses to justify it?

Either way, I don't agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join