It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Man’s Husband To Be Deported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reprobation
reply to post by Verec

Did you know Leonardo da Vinci was believed to have been gay? Michelangelo? Alexander the Great? Roughly ten percent of the population is gay.

It's just supposition, no historical documents to confirm it. You are either lying about the population of gays or are just plain nescient. In the 2000 Census, of bi-sexual and men who had sex with men, and lesbians, the population was found to be 4.3M or 1.51%. They definitely haven't increased 9 fold. At most, they'd be 2%...not like they reproduce, and many of them are dying off of AIDS and other STD's...which have been disproportionately affecting them...
edit on 22-8-2011 by Reprobation because: (no reason given)

There are no historical documents saying "Leonardo and his boyfriend..." but with the historical documents we *do* have, it is the best guess of those who study their history most closely that they were, in fact, gay. Regardless of whether these men in particular were homosexual, people of their time and even before their time were gay. And that was a 2000 census. How many gay people do you think were honest about their orientation at that time? Many of these men weren't even out to their closest friends/family, even themselves sometimes. Those who were out probably believed it was NOT the business of the government who they sleep with. Ten percent is the most widely agreed upon percentage by experts, but this does include men who are only "somewhat bi," if you will. People are not so strictly gay, straight, or bi.

Most gay people do not have AIDS. We are statistically more likely to be infected by it, but it's not like it's the gay disease. You get it from unprotected sex with an infected person regardless of gender, even from dirty needles and other sources. Plenty of straight people get AIDS! We don't reproduce, but I can hardly see why that would be a problem in this overpopulated world. We make fine parents (regardless of your "traditional definition of a family"), often doing much better than straight families. We have no accidental pregnancies. We often have to fight for our right to adopt and raise children and you know what? They grow up just fine, with the love of two parents, and they are not more likely to be gay.

And get this: straight people make gay people. We don't grow out of the ground. We aren't indoctrinated. It's just the way we happened to be - a lot like being left handed. It's different, but there's nothing *wrong* with it unless people make it an issue.

But back to what this topic was originally talking about. This couple really has been screwed by their government. If 19 years together doesn't say something about their relationship, I don't know what does. The divorce rate is over 50%, and I imagine that many married couples who stick together aren't even happy about it. But these two are still happily together. This is a problem with DOMA, and I hope this particular case gets enough attention from the media to pressure Washington to do something about this unfair law. The term "second-class citizen" comes to mind.

We are never going to have everyone be accepting of homosexuality. But the government needs to run not on politician's individual opinions or religion beliefs, because religion has no place in government. There just needs to be a level of respect and fairness under the law. If the term "marriage" is too sacred to religious people (who often make a mockery of traditional marriage, themselves), then gay couples should at a minimum be allowed to sign a legal document binding the two in a legal union granting not some, not most, but ALL of the rights of marriage. Hopefully Bradford Wells and Anthony John Makk's horrific situation will highlight the injustice in this system. I've signed a petition, not that those ever get anything done. I really hope Pelosi (evil witch that she is) can do something, anything to help these guys out.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Verec because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Verec

Who cares, really, it does not matter.

The guy is here illegally. Gay, straight, green, male, hermaphrodite, talking dog....It does not matter.

The old fallacy of a non US citizen marrying a US citizen and all is good is just that, a fallacy. There are still many things to do before you can become a legal citizen.

He is here illegally. He needs to be shown the door.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

And I could agree with that... were it not for the fact that had one of them been a woman, they would not be having this problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verec
reply to post by macman

And I could agree with that... were it not for the fact that had one of them been a woman, they would not be having this problem.

No, that is not true.

Again, the old anecdote of just marry a US citizen and poof, you are magically a citizen does not exist.

The play book for this instance is either the race card or the gay card. Both of which are a fall back to argument because that is all that is left.

And to play the "what if" card is just as ridiculous.

He is here illegally. He needs to go back to his home of origin and start the citizenship journey, like every other legal immigrant.

edit on 22-8-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by 46ACE

Sadly; IMHO They will be used for the advancement of so called "social justice".
Its just too perfect a case not to front to the public and get a desired response...
I mean If they can let other illegals stay at the whim of the "king". Surely a presidential pardon,stay or reprieve is only a pen stroke away.

Sadly? There is definite pathetic sadness here - - but I am not talking about these two men.

I certainly hope this being brought to the media advances Social Justice.

And this man who has been a positive contribution to America is granted a permanent visa.

What's "sad" is:
(So in typical liberal fashion) You are implying:

Ah Yes! Liberal.

The catch all bucket for anything a right winger doesn't agree with.

Nice side step: you never addressed my point:

(So in typical liberal fashion) You are implying:
it's okay to USE people's misfortune to advance a socio-political agenda.?

The "'bamster" could wave his magic pen like he's doing for all the illegal Hispanics they are not pursuing and and this poor sick guy would get a life time visa or outright citizenship on "humanitarian grounds". I'm not completely heartless; It wouldn't kill me.to see it happen...he's got more ground to stand on than any illegal sneaking across two months ago..
but then it wouldn't be an issue on the "newz..."

edit on 22-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by 46ACE because: spelling errors....

edit on 22-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join