It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Where Coca-Cola Is Investing $4 Billion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think you already know the answer this without reading...but here it is...

Who says American companies aren't investing? They are. Billions, in fact. Only, they are just not investing here in the U.S.

Atlanta based Coca-Cola (KO) plans to invest $4 billion in China, the company's CEO Muhtar Kent told reporters in Shanghai this week. It's the company's biggest planned investment in China since the 2009 investment of $2 billion. The investments will start next year and is part of the company's China capex until 2014.

"U.S. corporations are actually in good shape and a lot of that is due to emerging markets, particularly the BRIC countries," fund manager Paul Dietrich of Foxhall Capital Management in Orange, Conn told Forbes on Friday. The BRIC countries are Brazil, Russia, India and China.

Low growth in the U.S. and Europe have essentially forced the hands of the big multinationals to look for growth elsewhere. "In this low growth environment, we will continue to see European and American multinational companies spending in countries far from home," says Martin Schulz, managing director of international equities at PNC Capital Advisors in Columbus, Ohio.

yahoo news

This is sure to create jobs....well not here in the US...but this is sure to create jobs.
edit on 21-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Looks like Americans better start moving to other countries to get employment.

If only we could all relocate out of the country, leaving the US with no one to screw over, collect taxes on, etc...We could show THEM! If only.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Looks like Americans better start moving to other countries to get employment.

If only we could all relocate out of the country, leaving the US with no one to screw over, collect taxes on, etc...We could show THEM! If only.....

We could actually stop buying Coca-Cola products. I imagine after a couple of months of no income from the American people, they wouldn't have that 4 billion to invest in China.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah, not a big surprise there. The company that I work for has already done the same thing. Back in the day, it was Singapore, which became increasingly expensive to maintain. Then it was off to Thailand and Malaysia. Next stop was China. So if/when the working class of China becomes cost prohibitive, wonder where the next stop will be?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Guess what....not all Coca Cola is made in the USA

A few miles from me there is a Coca Cola factory....churning out millions of cans of this stuff year in year out...but i dont think this is what you were talking about....added it anyways

With over a billion people over there its no real surprise they are trying to take over the market. Pepsi was there first and they want a slice of that pie.

Many other companies have done the same thing...KFC...which benefit Pepsi, because thats what they sell in KFC.

If i owned a company and a rival was outdoing my sales over...i would do the exact same thing

edit on 21-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Pepsi was there first and they want a slice of that pie.

Coke actually came first, it was invented in 1886 by John Pemberton, Pepsi followed suit in 1898.

History of Coca-Cola

History of Pepsi

King
edit on 21-8-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't see how people can blame companies for not wanting to invest capital in the U.S.

The U.S is about to collapse, the U.S is printing and spending unsustainable amounts of money. This money creation not only makes it more profitable to invest capital in merging market economies, but it also makes it near impossible to invest in the U.S.

It only makes sense to get out of America.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wonder if they will use up all the local water supplies, leaving the locals to uproot from villages and move into shanty towns in larger cities, like they did in India?

I stopped buying Coca Cola products many years ago.

BIG corporations don't care about people, they care about profits.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the world order. 20 years ago, they laughed at us and said we were paranoid. Now, who's paranoid?

I refrain from calling it the "new" world order, because there's nothing new about it. It's as old as the snake that slithered out of the Eden.

I love Coke. Drink up.....Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

Sorry you must have misunderstood what i was trying to say

Pepsi was the first company to push for sales in China....now Coca Cola are jumping on the band wagon and want a piece of that Chinese pie

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Lol I posted this exact same thread yesterday or the day before.

Can't use the search key?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Lol I posted this exact same thread yesterday or the day before.

Can't use the search key?

edit on 21-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

ATS allows a Breaking News thread and a general forum thread for the same topic.

While members are encouraged to search before posting, both of these Coca-Cola threads are allowed.

about dups:
edit on Sun Aug 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
^^ I guess he didn't agree

Loves a conspiracy: I see what you mean now, I must have interpreted it the other way around.

King

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

No problem
Sometimes i write things without thinking and it doesnt come out quite how it should lol

join