It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Where Coca-Cola Is Investing $4 Billion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Atlanta based Coca-Cola (KO) plans to invest $4 billion in China, the company's CEO Muhtar Kent told reporters in Shanghai this week. It's the company's biggest planned investment in China since the 2009 investment of $2 billion. The investments will start next year and is part of the company's China capex until 2014.

news.yahoo.com...

I doubt if anyone here is surprised by this but it seems to becoming the standard and I doubt it will be the last move overseas by a big corporation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Theres a difference, they arent moving their manufacturing, they are just doing production over there too.......

Its not like they are closing down production in the states.......

I see nothing wrong with expanding

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
They should be putting 4 billion into sugar factories so they can stop poisoning us with High Fructose Corn Syrup.

But now with the help of the Chinese I'm sure they'll develop an even more sinister form of poison.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've been thinking abut buying shares in Coke for awhile now. When China's economy picks up and everyone can afford a Coke the co. will be raking in the cash.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
over 1 billion chinese citizens. they'll make that back in 3 years. what i find strange is that america allows trade and investment in a communist country.

i thought the communists are america's mortal enemy.

i guess when they're "good" communists and exploit their slave labor for profit and allow america to reap it's benefits, minor things like that don't matter.

some one should just remind the 50,000+ vietnam vets who died trying to rid the earth of this threat.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I've been thinking abut buying shares in Coke for awhile now. When China's economy picks up and everyone can afford a Coke the co. will be raking in the cash.

i think that a getting shares in a soft drink company would almost be fail safe. as big as they are i dont see coke failing, every one drinks there product and there company is always expanding as op stated.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Great let them polute china..way to keep the jobs here...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
over 1 billion chinese citizens. they'll make that back in 3 years. what i find strange is that america allows trade and investment in a communist country.

i guess when they're "good" communists and exploit their slave labor for profit and allow america to reap it's benefits, minor things like that don't matter.

some one should just remind the 50,000+ vietnam vets who died trying to rid the earth of this threat.

China is about as communist as Donald Trump. Communism bit the dust at the end of the 70s in China. What they are is blatantly Fascist (out and proud). The USA on the other hand is coyly fascist (dabbling but still in the closet). Its a match made in heaven.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
They should be putting 4 billion into sugar factories so they can stop poisoning us with High Fructose Corn Syrup.

But now with the help of the Chinese I'm sure they'll develop an even more sinister form of poison.

They have no obligation to do so. They are allowed to sell the product to you despite it's harmful property, and people still choose to drink it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Without reading the topic?

Im guessing China.

-Posts and Goes to look.-

Edit:

I was right. What do I win?
edit on 20-8-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247

Yeah,you know what they say about high fructose corn syrup........Wait....what DO they say?

Sorry,you just reminded me of that commercial.

I really see nothing wrong with having plants in China... I bet they have plants in other countries to.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

Exactly. When the average Chinese person gets just a little more money in their pocket Coke is going to EXPLODE in my opinion. Look how many other countries out there are developing too.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Communists used to be our enemy, then we elected one and the history for that story is still on-going.
So far, I wouldn't say this chapter will be a happy one in the book.

I agree about Coke and their expansion. They are still entirely U.S. based so if taxes wouldn't give them every reason not to, then the China market's profit would really be helpful back home. It's a hard sell when we're near the highest Corp tax rate in the world though and some in Washington still talk about raising it further.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Not to mention the tens of thousands who died in the Korean conflict?
The people are slaves as you say, just like the soviet citizens under Stalin.
It used to be called treason to feed the enemy whilst your own starve.
Now its called free trade as oppsed to slave trade.
Water is way better than coke to drink anyways.
Just put a ceramic filter on your tap, and you have pure beautiful life enchancing water.
But thats relatively free, so the Chinese aren't going to be allowed to buy that?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why are so many of you so whiny and alarmist about a beverage company? Don't like Coke don't drink it. Billions of people love the stuff and if they enjoy it they can drink it. Nutrition labels are easily read. How did we get on the communist wrist cutting too?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
they invested 2 billion in 2009, so why is this news ?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yea it looks like big corporations have been using their nice little Bush tax break money ELSEWHERE because nothing is going on here to stimulate the American economy with their TAX-BREAK-HOLIDAY.

We need to eliminate the Bush Wealthy-TAX-HOLIDAY and make these BUMS pay their fair share, so that they can HELP THIS COUNTRY INSTEAD OF ANY OTHERS!!!

[color=cyan]They have MOUNTAINS OF CASH that are going out of the country which could be put to better use HERE like helping to PAY THE DEBT off. They are a bunch un-American BUMS!!!

End the TAX HOLIDAY with these wealthy corporations!!!!!!!!!

The PEOPLE and middle-class are BURDENED ENOUGH already.

After we get these wealthy corporations to start PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE, we need to start CUTTING THE LAVISH BENEFITS AND PAY OF THE POLITICIANS!!!! They have it a THOUSAND times more cushy than any of us in even our WILDEST DREAMS and its DRAINING THE ECONOMY.

Enough of the BURDENING of the middle-class and hardworking regular American folks. ENOUGH!!!!!!!

edit on 20-8-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Unless they are moving the production to shutdown plants at a later date...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Coca cola is one of the most hated corporations in the world.

Look what they did in India with all the pesticide in their product, poisoning people.

And check this out... murdering union leaders..? ... paramilitaries working for them?

Synopsis: In this feature length documentary, directors German Gutiérrez and Carmen Garcia present a searing indictment of the Coca-Cola empire and its alleged kidnapping, torture and murder of union leaders trying to improve working conditions in Colombia, Guatemala and Turkey. The filmmakers follow labour rights lawyers Daniel Kovalik and Terry Collingsworth and an activist for the Stop Killer-Coke! campaign, Ray Rogers, as they attempt to hold the giant U.S. multinational beverage company accountable in this legal and human rights battle. Listed below are union leaders at Coca-Cola's Colombian bottling plants who have been murdered. Hundreds of other Coke workers have been tortured, kidnapped and/or illegally detained by violent paramilitaries, often working closely with plant managements.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
since coke is a us based company, i know we cant tax profits made over seas, how could we go about it to put some sort of tax on there profits? dont tax as much as we do on the mane land maybe a percent of what would be normally taxed. i think that would stop some out sourcing. i know they are not out sourcing they are just expanding there company to a broader population. but if we were able to do something like that would that help the us economy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join