It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Minneapolis right now.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID
Am I the only one who thinks this "jammer" kid heard this from another kid at school, and did not actually see this?

Uhmm... Nope!!! He lives in the Twin city area. All he had to do is go outside and see the thing. As simple as that.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Has no one heard anything more about this?
It still has been unexplained i mean no one has claimed it was their "balloon" or whatever it is have they?

I can't seem to find any follow up stories on this anywhere i hope this doesnt just die off never to be mentioned again.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I Live In North Ga this kinda thing happened last week!, it was on the news but they also said it was a ballon/ I didnt see it but a few friends of mine did, they tooks pics ill post them when i get a copy of them

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I reckon the aliens were just proving a point, we always complain that the UFO doesn't stay long enough or still enough to get decent footage - well they hung around practically stationary ALL DAY over a large and busy city and still no-one managed to get a decent picture!!!

[edit on 21-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm still waiting to see that one pic that someone must have taken with a telephoto lens,or perhaps some decent zoomed in video.The best image I've seen yet was from the news station,and it didn't look like a balloon in that pic to me,it looked like a metallic sphere.But the length of time in which it's taking anyone to come forward definitively claiming it is THEIR craft,balloon,etc.,is making me think this may very well be a real unidentified craft of some sort.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I see Coast to Coast gave it a mention today as well,they have been getting a lot of callers talking about it for the past couple of days.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I reckon the aliens were just proving a point, we always complain that the UFO doesn't stay long enough or still enough to get decent footage - well they hung around practically stationary ALL DAY over a large and busy city and still no-one managed to get a decent picture!!!

Haha that's true.. no excuses now people! I bet many people are kicking themselves over this right now. I would imagine that some people even took a road trip there, just to find it gone.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I should have thought something was up when I watched 2 planes do a 180 and turn around about 20 miles out of Minneapolis on my way home around 5:30pm. It was odd to see the contrails of not 1 plane, but 2 in close proximity maybe 5 minutes apart."

Interesting.

There's also a video....

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Need's Windows Media Player 9.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID
Am I the only one who thinks this "jammer" kid heard this from another kid at school, and did not actually see this?

First he gave his parents his telescope.
Then the battery cover on his cam cracked...which he assumes stops him from taking pics, but we ALL know you can slap a piece of tape over it, and it still works.

Secondly, it's not a balloon, they aren't naming who spotted it through the "high powered telescope", and seeing as how that happened so quickly, I'd be comfortable in calling it a cover up story.

If it sat there and didnt move, then how is it a balloon?
As much as I remember, when something is in the air, it moves with the air current, and doesnt hover if its free floating such as a balloon is.

This is Signs all over again.

Ok, Mr. Anonymous. Here's your answer:

Yes, you are the ONLY one who thinks this.

1. I gave my telescope to my parents for Christmas a couple of years ago since I did use it often and they live in a beautiful log cabin home out in the northern woods of Minnesota. As for the camera breaking, YOU KNOW ALL the circumstances of what happened apparently.

Please oh please, give me the details on how easy it would be to fix with a piece of tape?
What model is it by the way?
How did it break exactly?
How should I deal with the extreme pressure from the springs pushing the batteries out against the cover that broke the cover clip to begin with?
What's the point in trying to fix the camera that evening when I already have the best picture I can get of the object since the Sun is setting?

Don't assume so much.

2. You have a right to believe whatever you want, but it is just conjecture since you obviously haven't read all the posts on this thread.

3. "Signs" was a movie and it's main point wasn't about crop circles and aliens, it was about trust and faith. From my studies of crop circles, the movie "Signs" misrepresented the phenonmenon in a big way. I did like the movie though.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Don't feel that you have to justify yourself to him Jammer.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah man don't worry about him, he's obviously from GLP or something - oh no hang on - there are actually a few intelligent people on there!! (In comparison anyway).

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How do you think we will be able to handle aliens if we can't even get along on a forum for the enlightnened.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Trust me, after seeing other forums on the internet this has to be the best one I've come across! Unless your into discussing things like geiger counters (which I am!).
At the end of the day your always going to get some conflict and negative attitudes because it's human nature and to try and eliminate it completely would be un-natural and impossible. If you actually succeeded then that would be just damn weird and it would be time to worry!
It can actually help sometimes, I think, because in moderation it can inspire people to try better to prove themselves better.. In the act of trying to prove oneself to an ignorant one you can end up finding out more than you would have otherwise...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Anyone still see the UFO there?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My apologies to the members on the thread regarding my post to Mr. Anonymous.
I didn't intend to be so accosting as much as informative.
I get frustrated when people make assumptions, especially out of thin air.

I've been outside all day working on the deck and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in the sky.
I will certainly post the list if something else does happen ASAP.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No need to apologize, jammerman. Your response was fully understandable.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And all is well with the universe once more!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
cmon wheres the pictures???? the first serious looking ufo in a while and no pictures

as for anon id guy, sounds like yet another debunker
oh well will keep an interested eye on this thread, good work guys n gals

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In the clip posted on pg 8 they explained that the woman who was a "person who knows about balloons" worked on a high altitude world-curcumfering balloon which would have been large,.... but then she says that she's talking about weather balloons so I dunno.....

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
MindSmog: If you'd go back and read the topic, you'd see there's 3-4 pictures, and a video clip.

NMSense: Yeah, I don't think she actually knows piddly squat.. She looks more like a yahoo busybody than a knowledgeable bystander. We've heard directly from the weather folk that the weather balloons last about 2 hours, and we know that a weather balloon designed to climb, climb, climb, explode, is not going to be anywhere near as large as a balloon designed to circle the damn earth. Weather balloons are not easily viewable with the naked eye, and do move around a large amount in winds. We can fairly safely assume that this isn't a balloon, and that that woman was .. well, wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join