It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Minneapolis right now.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Did anyone happen to see any jets that were scrambled around the area yesterday? if it in fact was there for that long and it wasn't claimed by any certain group or branch, wouldn't you think we'd wanna get some of our own aircrafts up there to take a look?

well if the government sent up the "object" would they send up planes to investigate something they already know about. yes, i know they aleggedly did that once, but theyd just be stupid to do it twice

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
have you noticed the strange weather patterns it seem to fit donte it with the neo about

[edit on 22-8-2004 by leejones]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anything confirmed yet? I have to say, it looks like a balloon to me

-Becs

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any connection between this, and the X-Prize launch/testing of the Canadian Team da VINCI PROJECT rocket. It�s supposed to launch from a high altitude balloon that is to climb to an altitude of 80,000 feet, from somewhere in Saskatchewan (of course they could be doing testing anywhere north of you), which is about 200 miles away from St Paul. The symbol used by the team is a big V as seen in their logo, but even more interesting is the V on the rocket itself is a dark grey color.

They are planning on launching this thing on October the 2, Maybe you saw a test flight of the balloon being preformed, in Canadian airspace, but it appeared to be closer due to the size of the balloon and its altitude.

This would also explain the FAA's inability to explain what was going on, since it was not in their airspace.

Here is a link to the flight technical info page:
davinciproject.com...

[edit on 8/22/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I wonder if there is any connection between this, and the X-Prize launch/testing of the Canadian Team da VINCI PROJECT rocket. It�s supposed to launch from a high altitude balloon that is to climb to an altitude of 80,000 feet, from somewhere in Saskatchewan (of course they could be doing testing anywhere north of you), which is about 200 miles away from St Paul. The symbol used by the team is a big V as seen in their logo, but even more interesting is the V on the rocket itself is a dark grey color.

They are planning on launching this thing on October the 2, Maybe you saw a test flight of the balloon being preformed, in Canadian airspace, but it appeared to be closer due to the size of the balloon and its altitude.

This would also explain the FAA's inability to explain what was going on, since it was not in their airspace.

Here is a link to the flight technical info page:
davinciproject.com...

[edit on 8/22/2004 by defcon5]

The only problem with this, and i know the vinchi project your talking about, is that they don't plan on testing out their rocket beforehand. There will be no testing of the balloon or the attached rocket. Many of the other X teams are very worried about their decision but they seem adment about doing it that way.

Edit. Another thing, i'm pretty sure their balloon isnt large enough to be seen 30-80k feet high, especially if you look at the picture posted you can see its not possible.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by Aether]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh well, it was just a theory that seemed to fit the data at hand.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Can't be a weather balloon. They aren't flexible enough to do some of the movements shown in the videos. Also, the shape just did not correlate in my mind. Did the thing just suddenly disappear or what happened to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Can't be a weather balloon. They aren't flexible enough to do some of the movements shown in the videos. Also, the shape just did not correlate in my mind. Did the thing just suddenly disappear or what happened to it.

Who's talking about weather balloons anymore? We where talking about a much larger balloon made to hoist a heavy spacecraft to a high altitude for a launch into space. A weather balloon is maybe 100 ft in diameter and only lasts a few hours. This balloon has to stay aloft longer, carry more weight, and remain stable/motionless to provide for the launch. Needless to say it is at the least MUCH bigger. The Logo for the team also fit the discription of the V noted on the object spotted in MN.

Besides what motion is the video showing? I don't see it doing a darn thing but hanging there. I think that everyone that saw this thing and posted on this site said that it remained almost too motionless to even be a balloon...

Edit. Another thing, i'm pretty sure their balloon isnt large enough to be seen 30-80k feet high, especially if you look at the picture posted you can see its not possible.

You do realise that that is a computer generated image, and not the actual balloon, right?

Besides if you figure that the ship is 40 to 50 feet long, and full of fuel, three people, and equipment, it�s going to take one heck of a balloon to lift it. Somewhere I saw a quote that it was the size of a football field, but I cannot find this quote now.

When you consider that the space shuttle launches are visible from the cape into Georgia, on the other side of Florida, and into parts of the Carolina's, and that is only the size of a 727, roughly, with the tanks on we�ll say a 747. Yet it�s visible for hundreds of miles around. A huge silver ball reflecting sunlight is going to be even more visible.

[edit on 8/23/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
To me, the known object more likely to be the subject of this thread is a Zeppelin.

See this links to have a idea of what I mean.

www.georgzahn.de...
clrc.org...
www.kinderdorf-flugpost.de...
seecard.seetrade.de...

If it wasn't a Zeppelin, then I do not have any more ideas.

Edit: forgot the links

[edit on 23/8/2004 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
what if its an antiy matter test or some think is it still there ?

[edit on 23-8-2004 by leejones]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why is there a dark center spot on the "mass" of the object ? is this a solar panel of some sort or a reflector ??? Is there possibly some sort of ground based Laser test site in the area and the "ballon" is a high altitude "target" ???

I wonder if anyone can look up Goverment High Energy R&D facilities that might be within a hundred miles of the "ufo" observation point.

Its either that, or it is infact an Alien Ufo.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think it is a new radiation detector craft being tested by U.S. Central Intelligence Agency over large cities, on ballon type craft.

In order to locate and isolate a small radiation source they would need something that could hover for hours over a location to detect the presence of dirty bombs, or even a suitcase nuke. They will not tell anyone about the test because its not only a test its a real scan. Would'nt you panic if your city was the target of radiation scans?

X

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is it still there??? Anyone????

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I spotted a weather ballon one day and watched it for several minutes. That did not come close to looking like it. They move fast and have long, visible teathers which attach to the instrumentation. I don't think it was a balloon. I've also had occasion to spy the goodyear blimp cross the sky and that didn't look like an airship either. As bad as I hate to say it, that object appeared to be structurally rigid. If I had to check a form, I think I;d mark the "Other" box for this one. Thanks to the originalk poster who spotted and reorted on this.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
TELSA - it is no longer around. It disappeared as the Sun went down that night. Was not there the next day and no other reports of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, it looks as though the MN UFO has gone the way of the Aussie Bloke meteor and vanished. I am still so mad at the people who did see it and took not one decent picture after it being visible for an entire day.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its Phobos or Deimos.

They are in orbit around earth now after the asteroid threw them out of mars orbit.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
Its Phobos or Deimos.

They are in orbit around earth now after the asteroid threw them out of mars orbit.

And what exactly is the basis for that rather incredible statement?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You obviously didn't read all the evidence that was released here sometime ago. It was deleted. I searched the entire thread is gone. In case you were not aware this forum is used to hide the truth. I'm sure this post will dissapear.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Err.... maybe it was deleted because it was rubbish.
(Though an object in orbit would obviously not stay in one position all day regardless anyway)

Perhaps if you could provide links to information backing up this incredible claim?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join