It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Minneapolis right now.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Err.... maybe it was deleted because it was rubbish.
(Though an object in orbit would obviously not stay in one position all day regardless anyway)

Perhaps if you could provide links to information backing up this incredible claim?

LOL some people are full of it arent they? Are you serious, whoever posted that Phoebos and Diemos are in earth's orbit. LMAO even if it was true i'm pretty sure our oceans would've shown some change by now. Do you realize how long it takes an object such as a (lol) especially a moon to stabilize in orbit with another object? Do you understand how basically impossible/what the chances have to be in order for it to happen?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.tmgnow.com...
www.tmgnow.com/repository/cometary/76P_phobos1.html

[edit on 24-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Was it FU 162??? I thought of that as soon as I saw it on Countdown with Keith Oberman last night.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey tell you what IXRAZORXI321, how about tearing yourself away from your monitor for 1 minute and go take a look outside and count moons?

To anyone that thinks it might be a natural object in orbit, asteroid, etc -

For it to stay in the same place all day - it would have to be geostationary.
It was not there the next day or since, it was not there before, therefore it is no geostationary.
It is not an orbiting object, otherwise it would have visibly travelled across the sky.
Therefore it was an object capable of staying in one place for an extended period of time and then moving.

If it was an object, such as an asteroid, coming towards us then it would still be there, but bigger. Or it would have hit.. trust me - we would know if that happened!

So lets stop all this silly talk about how Mars' moon is captured in our orbit causing the anomaly, otherwise we may as well be talking about the swamp gas refracting the light off of Venus, then off the ocean, off Pluto then back to us.. With bells on top.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Damn agentsmith... i just read that, and i am [verbally] speechless, and you do have some good points

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you.. Sorry did I come accross as angry?...... I'm not angry.... (twitch).....
Just.... get..... little..... irritated....... (twitch)...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Try the link now the last letters were missing.

www.tmgnow.com...
I just offered a possible explanation and a link with supporting data. I could care less if its true or not.

If you had read the link you would reallize that the moons are small and would not be visible except at certain times.

Objects in space can remain very still as well the moon itself just barely moves axcross the sky. An object floating in the atmosphere at the same rotation as the Earth would be stationary during the day but appear to move at night as the stars moved behind it.

Anyway the picture looks like a large rock to me. Explain why someone would make a weather balloon that looks like a rock and set it loose?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, as I watched the object, it did not move. But the moon did rise out of the western horizon. As the moon moved, the object did not. It just simply faded with the disappearing sun.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was checking out other posts, and there is a post.... "What the heck is happening in Phoenix." On the very first post there are two photo links. If you check out the Aug. 22 link. the second photo looks very similar to what I saw on Aug 19th. The object is V shaped in the first photo, but iyou look at the second photo, it looks as though there is a V in the middle of the object. AND, the object looks more square than V shaped. Call me crazy, but do you think it cold have moved to Phoenix in the time frame? Sorry, I just can't let this go........

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
Objects in space can remain very still as well the moon itself just barely moves axcross the sky. An object floating in the atmosphere at the same rotation as the Earth would be stationary during the day but appear to move at night as the stars moved behind it.

Anyway the picture looks like a large rock to me. Explain why someone would make a weather balloon that looks like a rock and set it loose?

Just started reading your link - looks like an interesting read.
Not sure about the sun ejecting huge balls of iron though, as I didn't think it had any solid matter? But I'm not an expert.

Regarding the object in discussion here -
You are implying that the object is in geostationary orbit, as people's testimonies show the object didn't appear to start moving at night, it just faded away with the sun going down and was not there the next day.
As it stayed in one place all day it would still have been there the next. As it wasn't it shows that the object moved or was destroyed. An object in orbit would not change it's characteristics so suddenly, not naturally anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Not sure about the sun ejecting huge balls of iron though, as I didn't think it had any solid matter? But I'm not an expert.

You're absolutly right. The sun is essentially a sphere of hot gas held together by its own gravity. Hence what's ejected by the sun is actually tounges of hot gas, also known as spicules. I posted a thread about recent studies of this phenomena here.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My observations of the object include movement. My wife made the same notation. As we were having softball practice, I would occasionally check it's orientation in the sky and it "drifted" or "moved" between my observations. I know it moved with relation to the sun's position quite a bit in one instance, but it did not display any sudden or fast movements as are typically noted with most UFO reports.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm just trying to offer an explanation here.

If it were a rock/moon in orbit at night if the sun did not hit it , it could just appear to disappear.

If its orbit was not stable and was in a sort of drift it could have moved over phoenix.

If it were caught in our gravity it would take a long time for it to stabalize and find a stable orbit like our moon.

This is just a possible explanation. It doesn't have to be Phobos or Deimos. it could be just another rock caught in our gravity.

The GOv. may know about it and be trying to move it to a stable orbit. tha may explain the photo of what appear to be rockets.

I doubt they would release this information because every person with an end of the world prophecy would go nuts.

To my knowledge Mars moons and Phobos have not been accounted for yet. Many have said they saw them after the asteroid passed by them but I haven't seen a photo.

It seems very reasonable to me to think that a near miss with an asteroid would cause them to leave their orbit.

Again, I don't really care either way i was just offering an explanation.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If it were moving towards us or away in orbit it would appear to slowly drift or be stationaryif the speed was not that fast. Remember we are talking about a large object many miles away. If it were getting bigger or smaller it would be difficult to discern.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321

If it were moving towards us or away in orbit it would appear to slowly drift or be stationaryif the speed was not that fast. Remember we are talking about a large object many miles away. If it were getting bigger or smaller it would be difficult to discern.

Interesting hypothesis. Do you think that either of those two objects would look like a balloon when viewed through a telescope? That is what someone in the area claims it to be.
However, I can find no information on "who" it is who claims to have actually viewed it with a high-powered telescope, so I can't confirm this. However, that does fit with my observations.

The problem that won't escape however is that I don't believe large balloons would stay in one place so well for so long in the middle of the midwest where fronts are constantly blowing through following the jet stream. Then again, I'm not a meteorologist so maybe it is plausible.

I think we will be finding out soon enough about the ET presence.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Peace,

~Jammer

people have been saying that for as long as i can remember , sorry just aint gonna happen, If the government knew about aliens then WHY would they waste so many billions of dollars on space travel using a space shuttle or rocket LOL c'mon they just wouldn't , Truth is there are no aliens from outer space, every avenue to try and explore proving ufos are alien just comes to a dead end, because they do not exist, the images are nearly ALWAYS blurred or shaky in 60 years of ufo spotting we don't get one genuine crystal cleasr photo or better yet a video, with camcorders and digital camera/phones we get squat, think about it. We are chasing a dream that just isn't gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog

Peace,

~Jammer

people have been saying that for as long as i can remember , sorry just aint gonna happen, If the government knew about aliens then WHY would they waste so many billions of dollars on space travel using a space shuttle or rocket LOL c'mon they just wouldn't , Truth is there are no aliens from outer space, every avenue to try and explore proving ufos are alien just comes to a dead end, because they do not exist, the images are nearly ALWAYS blurred or shaky in 60 years of ufo spotting we don't get one genuine crystal cleasr photo or better yet a video, with camcorders and digital camera/phones we get squat, think about it. We are chasing a dream that just isn't gonna happen.

You are certainly valid in your own opinion. My world just isn't that small.

Peace,

~Jammer

[edit on 12-10-2004 by jammerman]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog

Thats extremely closed minded, perhaps they spend the billions on other projects that we don't know about. Maybe it just costs that much to make a space shuttle and we are building them to propel humanity into space. The truth is that there are billions (trillions, infinite?) of possibilites in a near limitless universe. If we exist why can't another race? i'm sick of explaining statistics and probability to the ignorant.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I would assume that 99% of people that get an opportunity to see something 'unusual' aren't packing hi tech video/photography equipment. I watched the 'object' above Minneapolis for over an hour. the first thing I did was run in the house and grab my Sony Video recorder. all I could focus on was a bright dot. Having already viewed it in 12x binoculars, I had seen much better detail, I gave up the video recorder and continured to watch it with binoculars. I trully wish I would have had some hi tech equipment to record it. My guess is most situations are like that.

Gee, how many times would you like to write down some idiots license plate number that is being a jerk on the highway and you can't find a pen or pencil to write with.

The last time I saw something unexplainable was 1971. 33 years later I see something else unexplainable. I wasn't prepared to record it. BUT, does that mean I didn't see it? Too many people have SEEN things that are unexplainable, and risk talking about it. We just have to deciminate between what is hoax and what is reality. Being close minded won't help us with either.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Greetings,

For anyone interested in listening, the UFO over Minneapolis will be discussed on the Jeff Rense Radio program by Peter Davenport 7-10 PST tonight (10/12/2004).

www.rense.com...

Peace,

~Jammer

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join