It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Minneapolis right now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Not only that, but the typical weather balloon only stays aloft for a couple of hours, not only that, but as has been mentioned several times, it would be very unique to have a balloon be stationary like that (or very nearly stationary) for such a long period of time.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Muckwa, do you think you could draw a picture of what you saw with your binocs, Perhaps with MSPAINT, and post it up? I'm having trouble imagining the shape.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It's a blimp!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I can't figure out how to insert an MS Paint .bmp into this text. Any ideas??

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
I can't figure out how to insert an MS Paint .bmp into this text. Any ideas??

Save it as a jpeg and it'll work

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's a live stream from KFAI Radio for non realplayer users:

KFAI 64k Stream

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Durden - Thanks! See if this works. Keep in mind, there was no outline border, just a bright, white image, with a gray shadow in the middle. Sorry, not much of a MS Paint artist......

ats12922_ObjectInSky.JPG

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ooops!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Looks like one of these:

www.ilcdover.com...

Cheers

JS

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's Muckwa's picture.

[edit on 8/20/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Updated news story, photo and video here now:

www.kstp.com...

About half way down

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's a link to the drawing of what Muckwa saw:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you right click the image in the kstp article, the picture is called 'thinginspace' - just thought that was quite amusing!!

[edit on 20-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

www.kstp.com...

About half way down

The object sort of looks metallic in that image,like it's reflecting its surroundings.Pretty odd that no one has come forward to claim it was their device yet.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I checked that news site, and saw the video. It does, in fact, appear to be a balloon or similair object. What still makes it curious, even after the video, is twofold.

1) it stayed aloft for so long in a basically stationary position
2) it appears to be 'donut' shaped, ie: it seems to have a hole in the middle, akin to a donut with an elongated area on the bottom or rear.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

www.kstp.com...

About half way down

Something seems to be wrong with the link to the video; the reporter is only talking about the olympics then the video stops... Anybody seen the video of the object??

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll try again...

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Bangin - thanks for your help. I also viewed the KSTP story. That is how it looked when I tried to video record it. Like a bright circle. Which was disappointing. The vid cam has a 150X digital zoom. The binoculars were a better view, better detail. When my neighbor looked at it through the binoculars, I asked him what he saw, and he described much the same way as I have drawn. He too was curious about the grey shadow in the bottom half.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe it's some sort of hoax?
There's a show on the Sc-Fi channel here in the UK, I havn't bothered watching it because from the 30 seconds I saw it seems that it entails a group of morons creating hoax UFO sightings/crashes/etc to gauge public response and do psycological assessments - all to the goal of disproving that UFOs (as alien craft) exist. It all seemed rather one sided to me. Creating the feeling that if you do spot something unusual that you are being 'suckered'.

So maybe it was a hoax by a group of people like that, as an experiment for personal reasons or for some sort of TV show or something?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I doubt it's a hoax. I don't think they have enough money in their budget for such a large scale operation as to put what Muckwa drew 30,000 feet in the air. It doesn't seem to have any apparent means of staying up and stationary unless it were actually in space. Even then, i believe that the only space trials not done by the gov't are those.. X-projects? ( i forgot what it is called). What I don't understand is why local observatories haven't taken 5 seconds out of their day to take an up close photo of it.

Maybe they did and the feds intervened

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Adregalus
Anakinou, I took your photo (hope you don�t mind! ), made a selection around the object and changed the "levels" (anyone with photoshop can do this).

nice work... it does look boxy, like other people had suggested. i'm yet to see a weather balloon that looks like that. it just wouldn't work. as some people said, weather balloons are teardrop shaped.

one thing that bugs me is how the object disappeared as the sun went below the horizon. for the object being up so high it would have been in the sun a lot longer. like in my nifty image below... since it's up higher it would have had much more of a horizon and been in the sunlight a noticeable time longer.

This would not be true if the object was moving very slowly. Like say 10-15 knots. Many I-Witness reports claim this as part of the "strange movements".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join