It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Minneapolis right now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Please keep on topic.. This is very interesting. I'm sitting around waiting for people to give information on this thead and seeing useless information drives me nuts..

Sorry for the outburst.. its late.. i'm tired.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! I cant wait to see a nice shot of it.
Theres got to be more ATS members in the area who can report in on it.

This is just to sweet

XL5

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If this kind of thing happens in some more citys, then I think Kang's thread ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) will grow even bigger then the "three word story" thread in BTS.

As for lasers, I should be able to lure in the mother ship with the stuff I have!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
As for lasers, I should be able to lure in the mother ship with the stuff I have!

You should start beaming those things up at various sections of the sky(primarily towards star systems)and pulsing them in various segments.You may very well start to get some responses back.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Do you also have red burn out also, because near the top I see a red dot that resembles the green one?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sorry for my absence.

I've been scanning the local news stations to see what is being reported.
The only thing that looks solid is that someone called in to the KARE11 news center and said they used a high powered telescope to view it. They claim that it is definitely a large balloon.

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen though as there are NO confirmations or photos to verify this.

I have no problem if this is the case, but I can't help but wonder how a balloon would stay in the same area for the entire day. We have weather patterns with high and low pressure fronts coming across the northern plains almost constantly. It was very breezy the past couple of days.
Any meteorologists on here who know something about upper wind currents.
The slow drifting movements of the object do coincide with a balloon scenario, so that is most likely the case.

I'll update as I get more info.

Peace and goodnight.

~Jammer

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Do you also have red burn out also, because near the top I see a red dot that resembles the green one?

Yes, I checked some other pictures and the same pixel burnout appears in those as well. Those are NOT a part of the sky. The white blob is all I got so far. I'll take some more pics and upload them tomorrow if it's still there and the mystery is unsolved.

G'nite.

~Jammer

[edit on 19-8-2004 by jammerman]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ok, thanks. Disregard the u2u I sent.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here is what I know. I arrived home (Chaska, MN approx. 16 miles SW from MPLS), from Madison, WI tonight at 7:15 pm. Keep in mind, I am driving East to West to get home. I did not see anything in the sky my whole trip. When I got home many of my neighbors were standing in their front yards staring straight up into the sky. Curious, and as neighbors, we are pretty close. I asked what was going on. Everyone pointed to the sky and said check out the bright light. It had been there since 9:00 am. When I looked up, I couldn't believe it. Something that bright, and that large to the naked eye got me started.

I went into the house and grabbed my Digiatal video camera, but no matter how much I tried to focus on the bright spot, it was just a bright circle on the tape. That was not the shape of the object however. I grabbed my 12X binocs, while not real powerful, you could see detail. As I described earlier, it was an elongated, boxy shape. From my vantage point, the smaller end of the box was pointing toward the east, the larger end pointing toward the west. It was very Bright! But there was also a grayish colored V shape in the middle. I couldn't tell if the shape was moving or I couldn't keep the binocs steady enough. I laid in my front yard from 8:15pm until 9:00 pm just watching the object. It seemed to move, very slowly to the south, south west. In my field of view, it moved about two inches in that 45 minutes. (does that make any sense?) As the Moon started to come up in the west and the sun was going down, I noticed that moon rose faster up in the sky than the object moved toward the south.

As the sun began to disappear the object became orange, just like the sun does as it sets. Once the Sun was gone, I could no longer find the object in the sky. From this I can tell, that it moved very slow in a southerly direction, it had to be very reflective as it dimmed as the sun went down, and it had a very unusual shape. Again, I liken it to the shape of the state of Alabama (I'm from MN.).

I plan on getting up very early tomorrow to see if it reappears with the sun rise.

I do know, there are a lot of people scratching their heads. But the curious thing is what it is not getting more news coverage.... My 2 cents.... sorry for the earlier miscalculation of the group. I'm just really grabbed by this event. with my luck it will be some kind of new weather balloon. But I have NEVER seen any thing like this before through binoculars.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
note the red 'burnout' at one o'clock position (with object center)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If it is a "balloon" wouldn't the people responsible for it have released something? I heard planes were flying in the area and the object was higher then the planes. Isn't this dangerous?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Really really interesting stuff guys.

I'm pretty far from MN., but I'm still liking to read your little discussion. Very well done. Keep it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Are there any reports of someone parking a blimp up there? It could be an end view of a blimp but I have only seen one fuzzy pic. I am curious what it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It looks just like the weather balloon I tracked over ABQ for several hours one afternoon. I didn't know what it was until the next day when it was revealed to be a university experiment. The newspaper had a picture of the students and the balloon before they launched it, so I concluded that there was no cover-up.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I can say this. As I was watching the object a large plane flew into my view. There was definately a distance between the plane and the object. Again, the shape I viewed did not resemble a blimp. It was more square, rectangle, with one end wider than the other.

XL5

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I could start pulsing lasers out my window but they are powerful enough to blind any pilots or sat's in the path and because there are regulations about it. However if one were over Toronto, I'd try. The Nd:yag I have pops holes in razor blades (50mJ at 2Hz).

If its a balloon, shoot a laser pointer or a powerful spot light at it and see if it moves. It would need to be held down somehow if it were a balloon.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've been scanning the star tribune, city pages, pioneer press, and the local media outlets, I can't find anything on it except that Kare 11 nbc report about the eyewitness saying it was a balloon. Ugh, I hate the mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wonder why the airport or the pilots of the plane havnt said anything. They must think no one wants to listen. They would have it on radar.
Here are some links I found while we wait for more info.

Famous UFO quotes

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!
Small quote from site WTF!!
BEST MONTHS: March and September (and January)
WORST MONTH: June
BEST DAY: Wednesday
BEST TIME: around 9:00pm, consistently for over 50 years of tracking.

WTF

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Any chance its a NEO, that would expalin the slow rotation over the horizon in a SW direction. It would expalin it not showing up on radar, that no-one can explain what it is, yet it is highly visable over a wide area.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
If its a balloon, shoot a laser pointer or a powerful spot light at it and see if it moves. It would need to be held down somehow if it were a balloon.

If its a UFO they may shoot something back LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join