It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

violent flash mobs - These aren't pillow fights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yep for the moment seems the origin of these violent flash mobs is in the US

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
these are not pillow fights lol

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
To me, making a connection between flash mobs and these bands of thieves is actually a clever idea.

Flash mobs are a form of free speech and assembly - It is always done through social media and the internet.
This could cause a backlash of restrictive legislation for the internet.

Another case of problem - reaction - solution, IMO.
edit on 21-8-2011 by BadMagician because: eta

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

These mob attacks have been going on for a long time, they are purposefully under reported, at the local level and these events seldom reach the status of national news. The preponderance of video, both CCTV and hand helds is making it more difficult for the government to cover these crimes up, which the media has been collectively doing for decades. The government is and had been afraid of reporting real and detailed crime statistics.

There is a purposefull washing of crime statistics to eliminate all demographics from reporting and there has been since the 1970s. The police are looking for someone, yet they describe everything about him on the news but his race. A hispanic arrested for a violent crime and seldom is the person's immigration status mentioned when they clearly know it. You can have 10 identical violent acts, 9 by minorities and 1 by white thugs. The white thugs are the ones that get covered, they're the ones on TV. A group of blacks can scream anti-white comments while they beat up a white person and the police need to investigate as to whether or not race was an issue.

There is probably not a single day that passes in this country when a group of young criminals attack/mug an innocent person. That behavior is stock and trade of these lowlifes. Social media has simply enabled them to expand their antisocial behavior.

Speak with any inner city cop or any beat reporter in a major city and they will tell you the same thing. The government, aided by the media is willfully misleading us about the level of violent crime and who is committing that crime.

Honest reporting of crime is bad for business. It also leads to a more alert and vigilant population who are more prepared to defend themselves. The government would far prefer you to be beaten, robbed and even killed than defend yourself with a weapon. One more dead shop owner is no big deal. A 13 year old minority kid killed by a white shop owner is a big deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

First off, notice where these things are going on.

It aint in the south. We WILL drop a hammer on your ass.

As far as "oh, its a child". A pack of 14 year olds can be as deadly as anything else. If they are dumb enough to try they are old enough to die. Damn shame. Their parents should have raised them better.

Baby rattlesnakes. Just sayin.

I would also like to see some phone vid of these mobs. Everything I see, they seem to be black. In england, this was said not to be the case. I want to see what is propaganda and what is not.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am really surprised at all the calling for harsh punishments, shooting, and blaming parents... I mean this is ATS right?

Punishment is just another word for not being smart enough to offer any kind of solution... so instead you dish out punishment to try and deter...

Why do you think these are happening? Hmm well I would venture to say that they are doing it cause they are HUNGRY! So why dont we offer to feed these people instead of going out and buying guns, thinking of ways to punish/torture hungry people...

I dont know what to say about the certain incidents of people starting fights in the streets etc... That is a bit out of hand...

But people just trying to get some free food cause their bellies are empty... cmon now, its not their fault that our economy is tanking, and wont ever get any better due to all the technological un-employment, shipping of jobs overseas... They obviously arent in any kind of sustainable area to produce their own means for food... Its what happens when you pack people into cities with no real resources...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It is disturbing and unless we restrict phone freedoms or until we have "flash cops" to respond ...we are focked.

I also think that if you issue a warning, let people know the penalty for this crime is going to be severe, more so than your garden variety robbery and follow through by tossing a couple of hundred of the first people who thought you were kidding in jail for 10 years mandatory ...you'd see this taper off.

And then they'll think of something else.

Until we eliminate THE NEED to steal we will always be targets and never safe. Desperation is the mother of invention. Never forget that. Eliminate desperation and you will take a giant bite out of crime.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Hungry for retail merchandise and candy bars.

No excuse for this behavior, they are not the only ones hungry and going through hard times.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

Its like Gerald Celente says...

"When people get desperate and have nothing to lose, they lose it." And it will only get worse, as hes said as well.

Well yeah people need clothing as well as food... and we are all sold on materialism, so they "NEED" the newest sweat shop goods...
edit on 21-8-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm in Phili Trust me when I say this... THERE ARE VIOLENT FLASH MOBS. This isnt a dance routine its hundreds of black teens converging on an area and attacking people.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

How is someone with $200 sneakers, a $75 dollar pro quality sports jersey and an iPhone hungry?

Folks are talking about these hoodlums like they were folks living during the dustbowl years.

This is nothing more than anti-social behavior being performed because these folks know they can get away with it, plain and simple. The more we try to find the "reasons" for it, the more it will happen.

Who cares why its happening anyway?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately prison fosters the gang mentality, so without some kind of prison reform ( which given the size of the prison system would be close to impossible) this may not solve anything. The boot camp thing sounds better to me for the non-violent acts, with the addition of community service. The community service thing would be needed not as punishment, but in a positive way to teach young people that their communities are just extensions of themselves. Attacking your own community is akin to cutting off your fingers and toes. At some point you run out of fingers and toes, and there's no regenerating them.
The problems these young people face is at a higher level than community, and it is at this level that change needs to occur. It's time for community leaders to stand up and demand that change from the State and Federal Governments. Had they been doing this already, perhaps the youth would not have felt the need to pick up the ball so to speak. Here's a start... Ron Paul in 2012...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Its not time for the leaders of these communities to ask the government for anything. The reason they are in the shape they are in is because they have been on the government dole for 40 years.

Its time for the leaders of these communities to tell the government that they don't want anything from them and that they will be accountable for their own communities.

Enough already with the "government" having any responsibility for how individuals behave. The government does not make you drop out of school, father children, have children, abandon your children when you have them, join gangs. Its time for the government to withdraw from these communities, certainly at the federal level. People who behave with responsibility and have created well functioning communities and there are many of them where the average person is quite poor should not have to spend 1 cent on repairing communities that have been destroyed by those who live in them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You guys can pontificate all day long about why they are doing it and what the punishment SHOULD be but after you're done,...........there they still are.
It WILL continue to happen again and again.

This has NOTHING to do with people needing to feed themselves and everything to do with the collapse of society. These are just people who are misbehaving like little children. Problem is......they're NOT!
As far as prison goes? Are you kidding me? When has prison EVER deterred ANYONE from doing ANYTHING?
Have you not seen the percentage of our population in the prison system? Prisons are FULL to capacity with people who couldn't give two squirts of piss about losing their freedom. FAIL!!!!!

Don't turn a blind eye to this people. This will not just go away. This has nothing to do with starving people,black people,poor people, or homeless people. The more you try to squeeze these people into a catagory or label them, the more you are missing the point. THESE ARE JUST PEOPLE!!!!!
People who are losing it.
Society is collapsing!
This is what it looks like when society collapses.
It doesn't just happen overnight.
You WILL hear more and more about these kind of things happening in the news.

I told my wife a year ago to start watching for flash mobs vandalizing and looting/robbing.
I told her you will start to hear more about it as the months and years go by.
It is here now and it is getting worse and worse.

The answer right now is this,

"Forewarned is forearmed"
You HAVE been warned. Now, make preparations so that you don't become a victim of this sort of escalating violence PLEASE! As long as no one gets hurt in any of this I couldn't care less. Corporations like 7-11 and Shopping malls need a wake up call and this is exactly what they are getting. It doesn't make it "RIGHT" or "MORAL". Yes, it is still "illegal" but this is what happens to an oppressed people when they don't have the intelligence to manage their frustration. Is anyone here actually surprised???

I'm NOT!
If you are then you may want to re-evaluate why you are.

Let this pass and run its course but for the love of the flying spaghetti monster PLEASE don't interfere with it.
Don't be a hero.
Stay away from it.
Understand it.
But don't get in its way.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I like Flash Mobs. Don't know how smart it is to rob a store with a bunch of people, for candy bars. seems kind of like a waste. especially since their on videos. but could still be fun to do other things.

++++++++++++++++++++++
edit on 21-8-2011 by Griever666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It'll be a flat mob, if a group starts shaking up my car, while I'm behind the wheel.

Things like this only make it easier to justify to my wife exactly why I moved into a remote wilderness location.

I don't care what issues these folks have. My personal rulebook says that if you take 1 of my eyes, I must have both of yours, and those of any known relation.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

flash mob = a mass of people who appear in a flash

dancing flash mob = funny unexpected dancing by a mass of people who appear in a flash

violent flash mod = crimes and disorder by a mass of people who appear in a flash

lesson learned = stop posting to threads when you did not even bother to read the OP

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

You've obviously misunderstood me. I'm not talking about government controls, nor handouts. I'm talking about getting away from the special interests, and doing the job they're hired to do. Even so, without leadership any entity is bound to fail. Rather than dictating, they need to lead. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough.

The American people are tired of corruption and double-speak. This country belongs to all of us equally...

If I seem out of touch with the majority of the country and their problems, it's because I don't live like the majority of the country. Our demographics are different, and we have different problems. We have problems none the less. These are the demographics for my zip code, not just city limits:

Current Population: 4,118
2000 Population: 3,860
Households per Zip Code: 1,895
Average House Value: $46,400
Avg. Income Per Household: $26,771
Persons Per Household: 2.44
White Population: 3,745
Black Population: 8
Hispanic Population: 43
Asian Population: 11
Indian Population: 30
Hawaiian Population: 5
Other Population: 15
Male Population: 1,927
Female Population: 1,933
Median Age: 39.70 years
Male Median Age: 39.20 years
Female Median Age: 40.40 years

edit on 8/21/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added demographics

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Maybe we need more community centers...with actual activities to do within. Maybe build an awesome community center with a skateboarding room bowling alley and everything. Wait I forgot...America is WAYYYY too broke for that.
Yeah hopefully these types of flashes will stop happening once school begins.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the OP.

I agree this is a big problem that is getting bigger. The link you provided had a snippet to an incident in OKC, OK where an elderly couples house was invaded by a group of 7 that assaulted the couple, tied them up, ransacked their house, stole their car and put a gun in the elderly man's mouth.

I know that in the Bricktown area of OKC, there have been more than a few incidents of mob type violence and vandalism with youth involved as the perps. I also know of an incident that took place just outside of the SE edge of Tinker AFB, where a young man recieved a phone call asking to help a "friend" that had car trouble. When that young man arrived, he was badly beaten by a group of 15-20 youths. I know that he was hospitalized but do not know if he survived.

I do agree this type of incident is under-reported.

Watching the linked video regarding the 10 girl shoplifting spree, I was saddened to hear adults making excuses for the behavior. Most people will help a starving kid. Hard to see evidence that these youths are motivated by hunger so bad that they had to steal.

I was taught that theft (and/or violence of this type) is wrong. I was taught that I was responsible for my actions and that my actions had consequences. The attitude of some youth these days seems to be: 1) there's more of us than them so I won't be caught 2) they can't do anything to me anyway.

If you think that this isn't happening where you are, check the link the OP provided, you might be suprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join