It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

violent flash mobs - These aren't pillow fights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
violentflashmobs.com... source

This is a serious growing problem . These are just a few examples of this social madness .

"Teenage girls "flash rob" convenience store. Some idiots mentioned in article excuse this behavior"

# of Participants = 10 date . 8/?/11

wusa9.com...

"Food deliveryman viciously beaten until unconscious and robbed"

# of participants = 7 date 8/16/11
"According to investigators, the victim told them he was making a delivery when he was met by an unknown black male. The victim said six other black males appeared and began to strike him in the head and face until he lost consciousness"

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

7-11 convenience store ransacked
# of participants = 30-35 date 8/13/11
" The clerk activated a silent alarm, but police waited until the mob left the store before responding" still checking up on this one...

"Mayhem and multiple assaults at Wisconsin State Fair"

# of participants dozens to hundreads.date 8/5/11
"Then around the closing time of 11 p.m., witnesses told the Journal Sentinel, dozens to hundreds of black youths attacked white people as they left the fair, punching and kicking people and shaking and pounding on their vehicles

www.jsonline.com...

"Teens causing mayhem and fighting swarm McDonalds, Trader Joe's, and a Target store "

# of participants 100 date 7/31/11

"“Everybody was just running everywhere,” said Bowe. “They went to McDonald’s, and they told people to get out, cussing and swearing. They were about to taze people. I was scared for my life.”

As members of the church cleaned up the park, they said they are saddened that a day of fun and worship is now associated with disruption and vandalism.

"They are not only messing up for themselves, but for the community. This was an opportunity for us to come together and when things like this break out. They ruin the chances of things like this continuing," said Oliver"

www.wpxi.com...

Teens assault and rob pedestrians, damage property

#of participants 30-40

"On one side of the street, the marauding youths knocked over a planter at the Aria condominium building. "They just knocked over everything on the street," he said.

On the other side of 15th Street, kids started randomly fighting pedestrians on the sidewalk in front of the Max Brenner restaurant, Mishico said.

"It's crazy, I've never seen anything like it," Mishico said. "It seems totally random."

A patron at Fado, at 15th and Locust, said the group then turned left on Locust heading toward Broad and came upon two men and a woman. They started assaulting the men, then someone grabbed the woman's hair and punched her in the head.

"http://articles.philly.com/2011-07-30/news/29833311_1_locust-teen-streets"

"Fighting and arrests at firefighters carnival"

#of participants 150 date 7/26/11

"One Linden police officer working near the carnival saw as many as 150 young people marching toward the event around 10 p.m., said Lt. James Sarnicki, a spokesman for the Linden department. Officers had to call in backup from other municipalities and the county police force, he said.

www.nj.com...

"Teens converge on fireworks, cause disturbance, broken jaw"

# of participants 500-1000

"In Shaker Heights, 500 to a thousand youths converged on the municipal fireworks display, "some with the intent to disrupt and ruin a family event," Police Chief Scott Lee said. "That can't be tolerated."

Two juveniles, from Cleveland and Euclid, were arrested for disorderly conduct.

Flash mobs originally were simply groups of strangers who used social-networking media to plan impromptu gatherings in public spaces.

blog.cleveland.com...

Whats sad is this list is only a fraction of the actual number .....

violentflashmobs.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Violent flash mobs my big American A**!!! you mean those dancing troupes that are springing up in public places? Every sort of violence that they supposedly did, AND I watched ALL the tapes, was BS. The violence never even happened. Jeez I can't beleive people are falling for this dumb propaganda, OMG!
DENY IGNORANCE!!!
More like PLEASE LOOK closely at the vids.
Vids or it didn't happen. Just Saying.
ETA: Wait this is something totally unrelated to the dancing troupes but it's bein connected by the media.
Just because they tell you 1 + 1 = 4 doesn't mean it does WTH?
edit on 20-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

people are taking the law into there own hands.

This is a serious public safety threat

People have 100's of other problems to deal with espically in RETAIL.

This is the last thing they need.....

people are going to go postal...society is pushing and pushing ....

this is unacceptable behavoir .

"its kids , its kids" won't cut it ....

where is the old man with the beats ?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

visit the link it will show you many reports on violent ones...many examples .. im not sure what your missing ?

you know when you have a ton of people rushing at you without cause ... im sure pulling out you camera to take pics is the last thing on your mind ?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No they are diffferent they're called GANGS the flash mob thing is totally unrelated. But, it seems media is making a very loose connection between the two which are COMPLETELY not the same thing. FLASH MOBS are dancing troupes or whatever you want to clasisfy them, they don't steal and they don't perform any acts of violence the media is taking "GANGS" of FLASH Robberies which is totally unrelated and calling it by another name to give a totally unrelated thing a bad name!!! IT'S BS unless the robbers danced while they took the items?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What a timely thread. A local firearms/defense instructor gave an evening seminar on this topic, among others the week before last here. His advice to the group on a store flash mob like most of these seem to be was to grab whoever is with you and find a doorway to get through. Back room, office, storeroom..Whatever can be reached. Then you have a doorway only 1 person can pass through at a time to defend. I thought it made a great deal of sense. Failing that, he'd said to just back into a corner so the threat was only one direction.

I don't know how anyone can suggest these aren't happening and getting violent. The seminar went into some detail about cases from our own local area, which included recent incidents of this type. It does seem to be spreading very quickly now that the criminals are watching this work and NOT seeing anyone caught. Not good.....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It will only be a matter of time before shop keepers start opening fire on these people. I'm surprised no one hasn't already.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You can respond in a pre programmed way or you can choose to use independant and critical thinking.

when I step aside and leave behind my programming I see that this nation is suffering right now and the people
are suffering right along with it.
Unemployment is soaring, food stamps are getting cut,people are loosing their homes,police are getting their funding cut and are laying off officers,and the magnetic field of our Earth is #ed ten different kinds of up.

This is expected.......by me at least.
I don't resist it and I am expecting it.
I will respond appropriately if, Flying Spaghetti monster forbid, it shows itself at my doorstep.

What I will not do is condemn these people.
I see a frustration with the way things are and I see ignorant masses who don't know how to vent their frustration in more positive ways. I forsee alot of dead people if this sort of thing starts rearing its ugly head in my neighborhood. But, I hope it doesn't have to come to that.

Society is falling apart my friends and it is going to get much worse than this.
This is the sort of thing people have been trying to tell you to prepare for all this time.
When people have nothing else to lose.......they lose it!!

People are losing it and it is up to you to stay clear of it as best you can until.........you CAN"T!

This WILL get MUCH worse.
YOU can count on it.

I am 5'10 225lbs of solid muscle and have trained in Martial Arts for over 25 yrs. and guess what???
I have NEVER carried a gun because I never felt like I needed to. Any threat I have ever been faced with I have dealt with the old fashioned way.

Now?

I won't leave the house without my sidearm and I reccomend you do the same.
All the ass kicking abilities in the world isn't going to save you from a flash mob.
That is of course unless your name is ............Chuck Norris!

Where are you when we need you Mr. Norris?
Where are you????
edit on 20-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Enough with the semantics. You get the point of the OP. I
There are Flash mobs that turn violent. For repeat offenders I say hold the parent solely responsible.
edit on 20-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The thing that pisses me off is they are not Flash Mobs, That is totally unrelated to these "Robberies" And the media is totally causing biased on purpose. I mean yeah these guys look like real criminals.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Biased towards what and to what extent?

I see flash mobs as everyone else sees it. A sudden gathering (flash) of many individuals (mob).
I understand what you are saying though so just please go with the phrase that millions are already using.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

"No they are diffferent they're called GANGS the flash mob thing is totally unrelated"

You can call it twinkle toes for all i care .

All i know is a) there is a serious problem
b) kids getting together commiting these crimes in daylight
c) many owners are scared , these kids are in and out very fast
d) its one thing to attack big coporations but when you attack local ma and pa shops ...it gets personal to a community level..

. But, it seems media is making a very loose connection between the two which are COMPLETELY not the same thing."
I know what makes it the same ? the criminal factor... That is what i see here .

any objections?

FLASH MOBS are dancing troupes or whatever you want to clasisfy them"

Thats one type of flash mob....

, they don't steal and they don't perform any acts of violence the media is taking "GANGS" of FLASH Robberies"

Dance Flash Mob

Violent Flash mob

Looting Flash mob

do you see how it all involves a "Mob" of people who suddenly "flash" outta no where?

which is totally unrelated and calling it by another name to give a totally unrelated thing a bad name!!! IT'S BS unless the robbers danced while they took the items?"

whats BS is your reason and logic behind all this . You miss the point of the thread and the serious problem we have here ...

You might not care . But for the communitys they do care... and they will stand up

i just wish the kids would wake up and realize they will get hurt . Eventually self defence cases will be brodended

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
No they are diffferent they're called GANGS the flash mob thing is totally unrelated. But, it seems media is making a very loose connection between the two which are COMPLETELY not the same thing. FLASH MOBS are dancing troupes or whatever you want to clasisfy them, they don't steal and they don't perform any acts of violence the media is taking "GANGS" of FLASH Robberies which is totally unrelated and calling it by another name to give a totally unrelated thing a bad name!!! IT'S BS unless the robbers danced while they took the items?

It;s actually called "Wilding"..This is not a Flash Mob..The term "Wilding",stemmed from the 1989 Cental Park Jogger Case.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Daedal because: Vid added

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It will only be a matter of time before shop keepers start opening fire on these people. I'm surprised no one hasn't already.

yea im hoping the problem can be dealt with before it comes to that ..

i know these kids and young and stupid but nobody deserves to die at that age

but if they keep pushing .. im afraid people will take law into there own hands

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So we have called thugs that do robberies as a group gangs for how many hundreds of years now and now we're changing the wording around?
Okay I guess I am getting an english lesson. They don't form in a flash they all even the dancing groups set a date time and place through social networking. But whatever, I know it's a problem but idk to me it seems like they're trying to affiliate these thugs with another group unrelated, in fact most of the other kind of flash mobs are adults, I mean the non violent but it seems to me the MSM wants to paint a portrait under a "blanket" term that will make all of them looked like violent thugs I am entitled to that opinion. And I don't see any reason to take a thousand year old word for thugs commiting crimes and change it overnight except to make all associated look like thugs when they are not. JMHO.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I won't leave the house without my sidearm and I reccomend you do the same. All the ass kicking abilities in the world isn't going to save you from a flash mob. That is of course unless your name is ............Chuck Norris!

Remember even the Chuck carried a gun. Because dealing with an entire army could last all afternoon.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I know for a fact that the ones that took place in Philadelphia which they were calling a flash mob was in actuality was gang related, but wilding? I never heard of thanks for informing me. Good. Thanks I didn't know the exactly the right word for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join