It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

violent flash mobs - These aren't pillow fights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

You are absolutely right that prison creates a gang mentality. Funny how it does not do that in China or Turkey or in a host of other countries.

We do need prison reform. Less people in prison for low level drug offenses, mandatory minimums, no early release and immediate elongation of sentences for crimes committed inside of prison. We definately need fewer people in prison, and prison needs to be far harsher than it currently is. What is currently harsh about prison is that the punishment is essentially living with the population not the prison environment in and of itself. What the sentence involves is what should be harsh and that should include hard labor. When someone is swinging a 15 pound sledge hammer turning big rocks into little rocks all day all he wants to do is go to bed.

You can tell that we need prison reform. Many folks don't care if they get sent to prison. Its just another location to hang out with their friends and get some stripes for when they get out. If folks are not scared to death about going to prison, you need prison reform.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
I am really surprised at all the calling for harsh punishments, shooting, and blaming parents... I mean this is ATS right?

Punishment is just another word for not being smart enough to offer any kind of solution... so instead you dish out punishment to try and deter...

Why do you think these are happening? Hmm well I would venture to say that they are doing it cause they are HUNGRY! So why dont we offer to feed these people instead of going out and buying guns, thinking of ways to punish/torture hungry people...

I dont know what to say about the certain incidents of people starting fights in the streets etc... That is a bit out of hand...

But people just trying to get some free food cause their bellies are empty... cmon now, its not their fault that our economy is tanking, and wont ever get any better due to all the technological un-employment, shipping of jobs overseas... They obviously arent in any kind of sustainable area to produce their own means for food... Its what happens when you pack people into cities with no real resources...

Uhm really?
Okay, so a mob of kids went up to the gas station by my house, idk, within the last 6 months. Yep, black. Sorry, but they were. Food? Yah, junk food. And they looked very nice whilst doing it.
I highly doubt that we're talking about food.

NOW

I will tell you what they're hungry for.

Why are we looking at parents? Because as a parent, I am responsible for my children and knowing where the heck they are at all times. It is my job to know who their friends are and who their friend's parents are before they ever step foot in their house.
It is my job to know that my kids are safe and behaving properly.
I cannot tell you how many parents my friends and I see at the stores beatin their kids or talking trash to them, smacking them around or the children are back talking their parents with zero consequences.
We homeschool and we homeschool simply because yes, the kids in the area are honestly that bad. People have moved out of the neighborhoods and a friend of mine who works in the school where we would put our daughters has said that she and her husband don't know what to do because it's That Bad.

Those kids are hungry for parents who give a da*n and will be parents.

It's sad, it is very sad. When schools have to be Locked Down, not because of the kids themselves, but because of parents and other adults who would prefer to let the teachers and the school administration be the parents.

It doesn't matter "why" those kids are choosing this route.
What matters is "how" they got to this point. And yes, parents are responsible for their kids. I will believe that til the day I die.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

this is the new NORM, whites are terrorist, just ask the dept. of H.S.,but the DOJ, says black on white crimes are ok, there was no flash mobs until the dept. Of H.S. DOJ. gave the green lite. Just check the Mass media remember you voted for CHANGE this is what you got

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
this is what happens when u screw up the economy and ppl have nothing to eat. it's bound to get worse as time goes on.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There has to be a way of monitoring the known sites for this? An announcement or invite has to be sent to gather so many people, correct? I don't know if it's possible, maybe see who read the invite after the fact?

I'm grasping at straws because this scares the hell out of me. Sooner or later these punks are going to kill someone - or worse get killed by a gun carrying citizen. All hell will break loose then!

Maybe we need a 'Counter Flash Mob' group that police officers, national guardsmen and NRA members can join via the same social media and have a showdown with these criminals as they commit the crimes...fight fire with fire.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
this is what happens when u screw up the economy and ppl have nothing to eat. it's bound to get worse as time goes on.

yeah, I can hear their plight now...
"I'm starving..."
"Me too, hey my iphone is telling me that we can jump in our car and drive to the main street 7-11 to steal some Baby Ruth's and beat up minimum wage workers and their families."
"Viva la revolution! ... Hey, have you seen my new diamond encrusted grill?"

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Not to sound racist but..... You don't see Latino/Hispanic/Whatever American's or poor Caucasian Americans doing this in America. It is only African American's, well African American teenagers.
If your in America just stick close to Hispanic American's/Illegals as they can fight back against African American's without being labeled racist. Actually when Hispanics move into a region one of the first things they do is push out blacks. Explains why the Democrats and Southern Republican's love illegals/open border mentality.

But that is just a quick fix. A long term fix will require rebuilding the African American family. Make it so only married people can get welfare/assistance in certain regions(kind of like how Obama only wanted job growth in "black regions") as a way to give economic incentive for the family to be rebuilt.

Once their communities become more stable it will allow for economic growth/investment. And if African American males have an easy, viable option instead of criminality it will help reduce the African American male mortality rate(so more of them live to age 30, the age when most guy's really mature) and enable them to help build a stable, successful community.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
There has to be a way of monitoring the known sites for this? An announcement or invite has to be sent to gather so many people, correct? I don't know if it's possible, maybe see who read the invite after the fact?

I'm grasping at straws because this scares the hell out of me. Sooner or later these punks are going to kill someone - or worse get killed by a gun carrying citizen. All hell will break loose then!

Maybe we need a 'Counter Flash Mob' group that police officers, national guardsmen and NRA members can join via the same social media and have a showdown with these criminals as they commit the crimes...fight fire with fire.

A better idea would be to make their parents do it. Like I don't know, help create local parent groups and give individual parents easy access to their kid's text messaging so they can show up.

All it would take is 1/4th of the parents to show up to put an end to it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If one of these shop owners had an AK Under his counter with a drum mag, and pulled it out on these C**ts im sure they would think twice about continuing to rob his store.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ugh, I hate it when the Universe b*tch slaps me.

So far.... yes, parents are responsible.
Yes, we see a number of these kids are black.

Seriously though? Calling them names???

Sometimes, parents do their darndest to do their best. They work two jobs, sometimes more. They're dealing with marriage break ups, a community that looks down their nose at them. They have kids with undiagnosed disabilities. They have any number of things going on.

And when the rest of the world (me included) thinks it's so easy to look at the topical facts of any situation and make a judgment call on why something happened, welll....... I guess that's just pathetic.

So why are there riots? Until we try to get into their heads and and homes, I don't think we'll know.
I still do believe and have seen many cases where parents are taking either the route of overly harsh discipline or none at all, but for me to blanket allllllllllll of those cases with one judgment was wrong and I am sorry about that.

I do think that about the only way communities are going to survive is by lots of communication and willingness to work together. If it's about food, then it's about time people are going to have to figure out how to work together. Finger pointing isn't going to get us very far. What's done is done. The question is what to do next.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
You can respond in a pre programmed way or you can choose to use independant and critical thinking.

when I step aside and leave behind my programming I see that this nation is suffering right now and the people
are suffering right along with it.
Unemployment is soaring, food stamps are getting cut,people are loosing their homes,police are getting their funding cut and are laying off officers,and the magnetic field of our Earth is #ed ten different kinds of up.

This is expected.......by me at least.
I don't resist it and I am expecting it.
I will respond appropriately if, Flying Spaghetti monster forbid, it shows itself at my doorstep.

What I will not do is condemn these people.
I see a frustration with the way things are and I see ignorant masses who don't know how to vent their frustration in more positive ways. I forsee alot of dead people if this sort of thing starts rearing its ugly head in my neighborhood. But, I hope it doesn't have to come to that.

Society is falling apart my friends and it is going to get much worse than this.
This is the sort of thing people have been trying to tell you to prepare for all this time.
When people have nothing else to lose.......they lose it!!

People are losing it and it is up to you to stay clear of it as best you can until.........you CAN"T!

This WILL get MUCH worse.
YOU can count on it.

I am 5'10 225lbs of solid muscle and have trained in Martial Arts for over 25 yrs. and guess what???
I have NEVER carried a gun because I never felt like I needed to. Any threat I have ever been faced with I have dealt with the old fashioned way.

Now?

I won't leave the house without my sidearm and I reccomend you do the same.
All the ass kicking abilities in the world isn't going to save you from a flash mob.
That is of course unless your name is ............Chuck Norris!

Where are you when we need you Mr. Norris?
Where are you????
edit on 20-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

I agree with the vast majority of your post except for I WILL blame these people. You might too if it was your store.

I also have a close friend who lives in Milwaukee, a very liberal guy as a matter of fact, and he witnessed first hand the mob attack at the State Fair.

He stated several times, "...it wasn't anything but a racial attack..!" And I thank Obama and the Left for their seemingly chronic use of skin color as a weapon.

This is a volatile situation, my friend, and these inner city kids are eatin' it up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

Yeah, a big problem with modern liberalism is that they reach racism.

It is a thinly veiled opinion of liberals that working class whites are all racists, so it justifies their bigoted attitude towards working class whites. Too many people who went to college have an irrational need to look down upon those who didn't. They are professionals, and we are not, even though they often they got nothing from college. It seems to stem from perceived injustices from high school.

So racism is taught in school, the full history of slavery and oppression is hidden.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by KennibleLecter

Yeah, a big problem with modern liberalism is that they reach racism.

It is a thinly veiled opinion of liberals that working class whites are all racists, so it justifies their bigoted attitude towards working class whites. Too many people who went to college have an irrational need to look down upon those who didn't. They are professionals, and we are not, even though they often they got nothing from college. It seems to stem from perceived injustices from high school.

So racism is taught in school, the full history of slavery and oppression is hidden.

And in my circle, they are going to pay the price for it come election time.

I just wish more people, especially my so-called brothers and sisters would open their eyes to this manipulation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join