It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US News & World Report OWNED as they try to exclude Ron Paul- Wahaha!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Stackemlikechips

RP's first Executive Order:

ABOLISH THE IRS

END THE FED

ALL TROOPS OVERSEAS RECALLED AND ALL OVERSEAS MILITARY BASES SHUT DOWN.

Now, with all that money saved, he'll get rid of taxes in Iowa too, cause they won't need the money. And all you IRS employees wreaking havoc on people's lives in the last forever, be sure to put that on your resumes. We'll show you what unemployment for a lifetime really means.

I think if you were to speak with Dr. Paul about your proposal, he might tell you that the President should not have the amount of power that would shut down entire government agencies like the IRS and private entities like the FED with an executive order. He'd do it by getting congress on his side and legislating them to hell like they were legislated into existence. I think he would certainly have the authority as commander-in-chief to bring the troops home, though.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Seriously? again? I just answered all of this in another thread...

Just to summarize for you:

These articles came from Ron Paul Newsletters which he had an editor run all of its operations.

He did not write any of that.

Nelson Linder, NAACP district leader of Austin Texas came to his support and vouched for Ron Paul in light of this particular situation, the radio interview is even on youtube!

Now stop spreading this, this is the only dirt that the MSM and Ron Paul haters has on him and it isn't even real dirt...you really think he would make a cultural reference to White Men Can't Jump? you must be either stupid or crazy.
edit on 20-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

private entities like the FED with an executive order.

The Fed isn't private though, it's a quasi-private institution. So I'd say the president does have the full authority to end the Fed. But lets keep in mind that Ron Paul doesn't want to end the Fed outright, he wants to phase it out so he doesn't wreck the entire U.S economy.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You're right of course.

Doesn't change the fact though that those points need to happen, or variations of them- with the word REFORM before each point. Proper intent of the Constitution needs to be restored, one way or the other. And honestly I don't care which way. State and local issues should be just that, not federal issues.

In who's best interest was it to go to war? The people's? :shk: Time to stop playing world conqueror/dominator. It costs too much at every level. They say politicians are smart, but Ron Paul is one of the very few staring at the Constitution- which if followed with the proper intent, still could be genius.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What dirty tactics they are using.
I really hope it backfires and Ron Paul becomes president.
He is your only hope America

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Blaine91555

What confuses me is that so many have completely forgotten he threw the Conspiracy Community under the bus the last time he ran. He publicly stated he had no affiliation with them. Why is it none of you got angry at him about that? I do find that truly odd.

I am not sure he dismisses ALL conspiracy theories. He has dismissed the 9/11 conspiracies.

In fact I heard him on a radio show shortly after Bin Laden's death, talk about how the government basically invites conspiracy by not fully disclosing information and living in a culture of secrecy. Some may argue that this is a conspiracy.

I think Ron Paul actually believes in more conspiracies then any other politician out there.

I am not angry at him for denying certain conspiracies. I deny a lot of them, so do many others on this site.

Ron Paul is the only honest politician out there right now. I don't agree with half of his politics, but that does not matter when you have someone who will work for the people and not his own interests. [/quote

_________________________________________________________________]

Ron Paul is the only honest politician out there right now. I don't agree with half of his politics, but that does not matter when you have someone who will work for the people and not his own interests.

I think that people believe his interests ARE thoseof the people. That's why after the Obama miracle, he's still a contender, the problem was that last time he was running as an Independant. Which equals a "throw - away vote "
and could get your despised candidate elected. Just my two pennies, I'm not an expert but I vote. Well lately that is.
edit on 21-8-2011 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
wow nice job. gave u some stars

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

private entities like the FED with an executive order.

The Fed isn't private though, it's a quasi-private institution. So I'd say the president does have the full authority to end the Fed. But lets keep in mind that Ron Paul doesn't want to end the Fed outright, he wants to phase it out so he doesn't wreck the entire U.S economy.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

The president didn't have the power to bring it into existence. Congress did with the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. But agree with the phasing out. I'm pretty sure he has stated as much.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For those saying this is an old poll, correction... This is a live, dynamic document - today's date now has 'other' at 66%!!!

www.usnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
For those saying this is an old poll, correction... This is a live, dynamic document - today's date now has 'other' at 66%!!!

www.usnews.com...

You know what chars my ass about this poll? Sarah Palin is in SECOND behind "other" and she's not even running. WHAT!?

I hope people aren't voting for the Rick Perry "other"...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griever666
Why do most people here support Ron Paul? and why does the media exclude him? I'd love some info on him from the ATS community and why so many people here are for him? Do you believe him to actually care about the people unlike 99.9% of senators and congressmen?

There people are fools who believe they can change a broken and corrupt system through voting.

Ron Paul is a politician; if you can't figure out he is bought and paid for and does what his masters tell him, you will fall into the same trap as everyone who voted for Obama.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Another recently registered member with no posts that did not do his homework, you think Ron Paul voted consistently on behalf of the Constitution for 30+ years just so that he could rowdy up a bunch of young people to want him as POTUS 30 years later? Quit the trolling, it's old.

Google his record, watch some of his speeches, you don't need to rehearse the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by DieBravely

Another recently registered member with no posts that did not do his homework, you think Ron Paul voted consistently on behalf of the Constitution for 30+ years just so that he could rowdy up a bunch of young people to want him as POTUS 30 years later? Quit the trolling, it's old.

Google his record, watch some of his speeches, you don't need to rehearse the truth.

DIeBravely is just doing what he's paid to do.

edit on 21-8-2011 by AwakeinNM because: OOPS, I meant the other guy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Think you mean the other poster...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Think you mean the other poster...

OOPS, right you are.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Ron Paul is a politician; if you can't figure out he is bought and paid for and does what his masters tell him, you will fall into the same trap as everyone who voted for Obama.

I don't see Paul being similar to Obama in the slightest and even then only in the form of them both coincidentally being politicians. Big difference here is that Paul's voting record has been pretty consistent and he backs it up with his word--Obama mostly pays lips service for the sake of appeasing the masses.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What is this new fascination with and repeated use of the expression OWNED?
I am not sure what it is even supposed to mean. Who or what owns the US News and World Report? Is it Murdock? Are you trying to say they are newly purchased?
And are you laughing or crying here? Wa, and then followed by a haha?
This post for me really brings up a lot more questions than it answers.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

John Stewart of the Daily Show has been speaking at length lately at the MSM's commitment to ignoring Ron Paul even thought he's polling very high right now (though, I don't think Stewart was talking about the specific article cited by the OP.)

The Daily Show is a great source of news. If you've never seen it you should check it out (everyone).

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

lol.

Umm. OWNED is an expression used a lot in video games. As in when you kill someone a lot, or when you win a lot, or when you just flat out rule at anything.

Or if you are on the receiving end of pwnage, you have been OWNED. or Pwned. Ya Dig?

As old as I am, I still must keep up with these things or I get owned.

AND BTW>
THANK YOU all for the stars and flags for this thread.
It was fun. Still is.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

OK I get it now. Definitely makes a lot more sense to me when I know where it comes from. Cool. Rock on. I'll see if I can shine a little more light on you...in the form of STARZ!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join