It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on Mars NASA Rover By John Gorman - Confirmed Hoax

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3472ae3915f7.jpg[/atsimg]

This image was discussed here on ATS a year or two ago

If I remember correctly, "gumanthon1" had the picture in one of the first videos he uploaded after joining youtube in 2009 and someone posted that video here but nobody could get the image number from him.

My guess is , he used the old picture to make a new video with and just like last time, he will never reveal the original source.

If you look at all the videos on his youtube channel you will notice he puts his name on them like he's an attention seeker and that probably means this is a hoax. just my opinion

edit on 19-8-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thats one very curious photo.
If it is a genuine Martian Rover pic???
If it isn't ???
Posting to link to thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

what he said

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Number of the thread, please.

edit on 19-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

All I see in the zoomed in photo is the head of a screw on a circular pipe/tube from some part of the Rover.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
To me it looks like a natural formation like a hill or something. The 'leading' edge of the object is in perfect line with the horizon, to me this shows that it is not in fact a leading edge at all. More likely a hill in the distance, the top of which is protruding over the horizon.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by easynow

Number of the thread, please.

If I had the link to the thread I would have already posted it. Some threads get deleted or don't show up in searches unless you have the exact title name so I'm not sure it can be found easily.

There is an ATS profile with the name "gumanthon1" - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you should send that person a U2U message and see what you can find out ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Someone in the comments pointed out that it looks like part of the mars atmosphere entry vehicle

Nevertheless, the answer is either it's something mundane or it's been faked.. if that were a real UFO then it would never have been seen by us.. NASA would have retained that footage and let the Government decide what to do with it .. SETI has similar rules in place, if contact is ever made we won't know about it because it will first go through Government and they decide what to do with that information.
edit on 19-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I already did on youtube.

ITA: Here too. Thanks for the user profile

I must admit it has been hard to find these Nasa original frames. Still waiting for a reply from the author.
edit on 19-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not saying anything about the origin.. Guy could have made it up..maybe not.
Don't wanna go there.

I may have messed up the upper lines where it shows 4.7 and 5.3... I just did it how it looked to me in that moment.

Maybe it really is 3x 5cm.

I zoomed in the picture so i can see it over the whole screen and used a ruler.

Whatever it is..i don't think it's a rock..

Those measures can of course be smaller or bigger..
edit on 19-8-2011 by Nimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

It's annoying though, that after Phage posted compelling evidence that this photo is not even from Mars, revealing it didn't come from the Rover the OP stated, or was even from the same location, other posters refused to believe it was anything other then the alien ships, and called such details "minor"..Nonsensical.

Welcome to the new and improved ATS where we wholeheartedly embrace ignorance in all it's glory, spewing fact-less dribble for the ages.

3 pages discussing symmetry? The object doesn't even look symmetrical to me first off, and second, it's a single image, you can't even begin to pretend that you can say it's symmetrical at all.

Seriously. Dude says it has to be aliens because symmetry doesn't happen in nature (which it totally, pulling my hair out angry, does), then discounts images showing this because it's a single image, the entire time saying his single image HAS to be alien because it's symmetrical.

I get it now, the Klown is literally here to just be a dick, case closed, your posts show it. Not even a troll, just a thread derailing penis.

Photo is old, no photo ID is provided, does not match ANY camera angels known for the rovers. honestly, does it matter what the object is at all if it's basically proven this is NOT from a mars rover?

Guys, honestly, the downward slide into religion is plain to see, you guys have created a religion out of UFOs and see proof where ever you find convenient to invent it. You ignore the scientific method, but call US sheep. You blindly jump to the most outrageous possibility at every turn, outright ignoring pleas for common sense and investigation.

Well done.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I haven't read the whole thread but might as well add my two cents worth.

Back to basics here. Does anyone have any evidence whatever that this is a photograph of something on Mars? If not what's the point of this topic. Does that look like part of the Spirit Rover on the picture? I doubt it very much. I have not seen a Spirit picture with those components before.

Shall we find something that looks anomalous to discuss?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have one of those.
It's in my microwave. I use it to cover food in the microwave so it doesn't splatter all over. lol

Jeez folks it's a rock. Not aliens having a picnic.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If you look at the "shadow" on the underside of the object in question, you can see that it has a slightly sharper angle than that of the opposite side. Wouldn't that rule out a shadow being cast?

Unless it's a floating rock, cause, ya know, its in outer space...
edit on 19-8-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
When I saw this photo, the first thing that jumped into my mind was "that looks just like the head of an oval head undercut screw!". A plain oval head screw doesn't have that shape, but an undercut one does. So I did a little comparison with this photo and that of an oval head undercut screw. I scaled it down 80% to fit here, but at 100%, you can see that this is an identical match. Now I'm not saying this is what the object is, but I find it rather 'coincidental'

See for yourself!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ffd6f6a8388.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why is there an image obstruction column on the image to the right of the object, surely the rover has 360d all around view with no obstructions in the view? need proof this is mars as well, what is the image number from the nasa website? no number didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
When I saw this photo, the first thing that jumped into my mind was "that looks just like the head of an oval head undercut screw!". A plain oval head screw doesn't have that shape, but an undercut one does. So I did a little comparison with this photo and that of an oval head undercut screw. I scaled it down 80% to fit here, but at 100%, you can see that this is an identical match. Now I'm not saying this is what the object is, but I find it rather 'coincidental'

See for yourself!

You know what, when I look at the pic now that's what I see too, the foreground is actually a metal bar or strut and the 'UFO' is a screw. Very good observation.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Phage is right, the rovers could not have possibly taken this picture because none of it's cameras gives you a picture like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89914221f02b.jpg[/atsimg]

Whats with the band in the middle, the circular object on the right and the rectangle at lower left? This does not appear on any other rover pic. Check for yourself, look at the pictures the 5 different camera angles the real rovers produce: Rover Cams

I think the image may also have been flipped, here it is "upside down":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5df5f4340f3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

See for yourself!

Well, at least your contribution was better the phages.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I have not seen a Spirit picture with those components before

I was thinking the same thing. My guess is, the image is either a hoax or it's not from the Mars rovers (Spirit or Opportunity) and could be from a different spacecraft such as the Mars polar landers or a similar type of mission. There's certainly been alot of other missions to Mars and "gumanthon1" may have used an image from a different lander and then claimed it was from the "Spirit" rover. Anythings possible

Exploration of Mars - en.wikipedia.org...

Although I have to say ...
it does bear some resemblance to the (Lost in Space) "Jupiter 2" spacecraft

edit on 19-8-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join