It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Sounds like you have mathmatically figured everything out.
You are apparantly familiar with their methods of travel and the morals of all alien species.
You have deduced thru logic and reason that a race of bipedal humanoids is universally more important than an entire planet which hosts life for millions of species and that, if they were intelligent (as they would have to be in order to get here) they wouldn't kill off said race of bipedal humanoids in order to save countless millions of other species including our host, Mother Earth Herself.

Thank you for all of your hard work.
I don't even want to begin calculating all of the man hours it must have taken you to formulate this scientific fact.
Your services are appreciated.

THREAD CLOSED!!!!
You may all go home.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Maybe it doesn't need to be waste. What if some day in the future the Earth gets hit by a huge meteor, all this biological stuff flies all over the place and one contaminated chunk might end up in the gravity of some ET's colony or homeworld. Just one bacteria or virus which quickly spreads through their civilization, killing everyone.

From the article;

Beneficial encounters ranged from the mere detection of extraterrestrial intelligence (ETI), for example through the interception of alien broadcasts, to contact with cooperative organisms that help us advance our knowledge and solve global problems such as hunger, poverty and disease.

We don't need aliens for that, although they could through the enslavement scenario. For some people that would mean just switching bosses.

To bolster humanity's chances of survival, the researchers call for caution in sending signals into space, and in particular warn against broadcasting information about our biological make-up, which could be used to manufacture weapons that target humans. Instead, any contact with ETs should be limited to mathematical discourse "until we have a better idea of the type of ETI we are dealing with."

Has any of them ever watched scifi movies? Any alien species able to travel to our planet would likely conduct scans only taking several minutes and would probably get more information on us than we have acquired the last few centuries. I'm also missing scenario's about telepathic ET's or psionic aliens or something. Who cares what our biology looks like, maybe it's the human spirit they are after and have already been influencing us in ways we are not aware yet.
edit on 19/8/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Wait, I thought only America destroyed humanity to protect other civilizations? Looks like we may have a little cosmic competition.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Of course this all relies on the assumption, for that's all any of this is, just baseless assumptions; that any non terrestrial entities coming here are indeed more ”advanced” than us.

For all we know, which is nothing more than speculation for us or these scientists, is that said ”aliens” may be no more or less advanced than us but merely have learned a different type of physics than we have yet to discover.

At any rate, this ”study”, right along with Professor Hawing's similar statement last year, is just nothing more than unjustified fearmongering and further reinforcement of the outdated Brooking's Report by established scientific and governmental institutions.

I, for one, reject it. Their fear is not mine.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Is this a side effect of Obama cancelling the shuttle program?

Bored scientists with nothing to do but read scifi novels and make stupid speculations??

Sounds like you have it figured out too.
And to think, I was giving this credibility because it came from NASA scientists.
Of course, Now it makes sense.
They were just bored because Obama cancelled the shuttle program.
What an intelligent, well thought out thing to say.
And....reading scifi novels???

Ummmm YES!
Of course that's what they were doing.
Why didn't I see it earlier?
It is all coming together now.

Thank you for your wisdom and intelligent post.
The shear brainpower it must have taken to arrive at that conclusion both astounds me and humbles me at the same time.
I stand in awe at your presence here.

Again, THREAD CLOSED!
WE have figured it all out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Reminds me of a movie about aliens on Earth trying to terraform by changing the atmosphere using the greenhouse effect, wasn't a bad movie either, imo.

There, he attempts to help climatologist Ilana Green (Lindsay Crouse) in protecting her atmospheric analysis equipment from the plant's security forces under claims of being on private property, but he is taken into custody as well. There, Ilana explains that the Earth's temperature has risen several degrees in the last few years, exposing the ground in the Arctic Circle, and is investing the power plant, one of several recently built that appear to be the cause of this increase.

remember, this movie was made in 1996

At the plant, Zane discovers it is a front for a large underground alien base. The aliens, though humanoid, are able to disguise themselves with an external skin to look human and infiltrate into society. Zane finds the bases periodically expels large amounts of emissions into the atmosphere

Here's a line from the movie when a humanoid alien is speaking to Charlie Sheen's character in regards to why the aliens want the Earth:

Phil Gordian: If you can't tend to your own planet, you don't deserve to live here.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

IMPORTANT TO NOTE :

NOT a NASA report.

Anyone interested to know how all this hoolaa came about, read this. From the source himself, Shawn Domagal-Goldman.

So here’s the thing. This isn’t a “NASA report.” It’s not work funded by NASA, nor is it work supported by NASA in other ways. It was just a fun paper written by a few friends, one of whom happens to have a NASA affiliation.

Please help me spread this post to the other places you may see the article inaccurately attributed to NASA.

Read the blog here :

paleblueblog.org...

Kinda makes more sense now...doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If Aliens noticed our green house gases, wouldn't they be more inclined to present us with newer and safer energy rather then eradicate us?

Life on any planet is rare. There aren't many civilizations out there, and I doubt an alien civilization would destroy us when they could just as easily help us. That's like killing a praying mantis when you stumble across one. You know it's an endangered species, would you kill it? Well, being human, you probably would. But scientists can't assume aliens are pieces of crap like humans (who are willing to kill their foreign brothers for their resources, or kill anything that walks).

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This whole man made global warming movement gets more and more like a new age religion everyday. Now they're worried the angels....err Aliens will come down to earth and smite the sinners..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
sorry screwed

sounds like

ManBearPig part II:
SpaceGoatFarts Attacks!!!

Lol as SonoftheSun has pointed out

this is just somebody's mental masturbation,

with ATS now joining the circle-jerk.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
LOL! How preposterous!

On the contrary, If aliens noted negative changes in our atmosphere they would probably think.. these stupid guys will be extinct real soon...

IRM

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt they've done it before and am sure they will do it again - probably sooner than later.

Every so often an asteroid is steered into planet Earth's direction and the slate is wiped clean.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisAgain
I wouldn't doubt they've done it before and am sure they will do it again - probably sooner than later.

Every so often an asteroid is steered into planet Earth's direction and the slate is wiped clean.

... and the aliens needed to send the dinosaurs extinct why exactly? I'm not following your logic here. Were the dinosaurs building spaceships hell bent on galactic domination or did the aliens just take offence to dino farts?

IRM

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I for one am glad that we have so many members here who know precisely what Aliens would do.
That to me, is the most fascinating thing about this whole discussion.

Your services may be dearly needed one day real soon.
The fate of the world could wind up in your hands.
You may be contacted by the Government and begged to give your advice as to what move our military should make based upoin your extensive knowledge of aliens and "what they would do".

God bless you all.

What I'd like to know is,
What would aliens do if they saw a bunch of people on an internet chat forum going on about what Aliens would do?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hmm, see this is why we shouldn't have stopped the shuttle program... now they have nothing to do except come up with stupid articles of political propaganda. I say we stop giving taxpayer money to these "scientists"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Such nonsense. What we do with our thin film of atmosphere would be of little or no consequence to any aliens technologically advanced enough to communicate with or travel to other civilizations in other star systems.

Besides, if they'd be that worried, why not just help us clean everything up? Why would we have to pass some kind of "test?" I get so tired of this good boy/bad girl, moralistic punishment thinking that some people have.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What I'd like to know is,

What would aliens do if they saw a bunch of people on an internet chat forum going on about what Aliens would do?

Most probably...

this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e6107f642bb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Agreed!

I don't even know what I'M gonna do half the time.
How anyone could claim to know what an Entire Alien Civilization would do is nothing short of astounding.
I give these guys full credit and I am glad we have access to such knowledge thru these mental GIANTS!

I stand in awe at your majesty and intellect.

Tell me people,
what would aliens do if we collectively fipped them the bird, you know, the entire planet at once?
I can't wait for the answer from the wise ones.
Ooo oooo, I got another one.
What would aliens do if they ran out of toilet paper???
Do they do the duck walk to the nearest galaxy to pick up another pack?

Thank God for the seers who have extensive knowledge on all things alien and "what they would do".

edit on 19-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by afsalazar
Just who are they going to protect? The civ inside the hollow earth?

Maybe 'certain' parts of the world more like

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by AtlantisAgain

... and the aliens needed to send the dinosaurs extinct why exactly? I'm not following your logic here. Were the dinosaurs building spaceships hell bent on galactic domination or did the aliens just take offence to dino farts?

IRM

Probably wanted them out of the way so they could bring human's into the nut-house

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join