It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Neither do I.

This highly speculative scenario is one of several described by scientists at Nasa and Pennsylvania State University

We also have a Highly Speculative Conspiracy Board here on ATS. It's called Skunk Works...where no proof, evidence or facts are needed for outlandish claims and "scenarios".

Maybe they got the idea from us??
edit on 18-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I love how they say that "aliens may destroy us because Humans are causing global warming".

So the scientist say that ET will destroy us because we pollute the planet, not because we wage war, cause genocide and our governments set out to enslave people.

It almost seems like they are getting desperate.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Chances are if there are other intelligent life in the universe, they will have followed a similar path as far as pollution. I find it sort of weird as well when people have the notion that somehow aliens would be shocked by the violence in our species...by nature you won't get to the top as a species if you aren't good at violence.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yes, they'll jump on any bandwagon that pays their bills.

Science is big business.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
OP...I think you are on to something. I just jammed through to the bibliography and there is a guy trying to start a new department of study in the astrophysics area. He has two other white papers he has done on the subject of getting ready for ET.

Also, in the bibliography is referenced a "Project Ozma." This thread never took off but it was a stroke of genius;

Project Ozma

This is getting more and more fascinating. I think NASA may be funding some bright young minds...maybe...well they have been known to do that in the past.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Oh this is unbelievable. I knew Gore and his movement had gotten desperate and were scrambling ever since the Email scandals blew their credibility with a % of the public, but this is too much. Now we're to embrace the suicidally extreme enviro measures they were trying to sell us before because aliens will kill us all instead of Nature killing us all. I'm getting mighty tired of being told how driving my car will lead to 6 billion deaths for one reason or another.

If Aliens are watching, and they did decide to intervene violently, I'm sure it'll be to stop us from moving beyond our Solar System after being classified as a threat to the *Universe* as a whole. Everyone has to admit, we do have a nasty habit of killing or enslaving everything we encounter that we don't like or understand. I'd almost understand their reasoning.
Pollution has nothing to do with it though...sheesh

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
LOL so if we dont climate change our way to succes, aliens will annihilate us?

OKIDOKI!!!

Chances are IF ALIENS EVEN EXISTED which they probably dont, lets be honest, they would just take one look at this planet, realise we haven't even advanced to a one world government yet and laugh, leaving us to plague, war and famine one another for the next few decades.

This is pretty shoddy journalism from the Guardian, crazy leftist rag that it is!

Mean crossword though mind you.

While this report is completely hypothetical and speculative, it is completely ignorant to say alien life doesn't exist ANYWHERE in the hundreds of billions of star systems in each of the hundreds of bilions of galaxies. I'm not saying intelligent life but at least single cell organisms and likely more complex than that.

After all, nasa did just confirm they found thymine and guanine on an uncontaminated meteorite. I'll let you google that yourself to learn the significance of this.....

And funny you mention the guardian being a "leftist rag", on this side of the pond fox news typically releases these articles. And fox news is more akin to a sanitary rag.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is so interesting to me you posted this, because as I read the white paper I am thinking ...OK...so the third world villagers are maintaining their ecologies best, but it us and our ecologies who will kick ET's *ss if it gets to scenario three (violent response).

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OP....this looks to be the genius behind the work and yes, I found his website and CV, he was a NASA Fellow and Grant recipient.

So here are his two other works noted in the bibliography:

J.D. Haqq-Misra, S.D. Baum, The sustainability solution to the Fermi paradox, Journal of
the British Interplanetary Society 62 (2009) 47-51.

J.D. Haqq-Misra, Planetary Messenger, Createspace, Scotts Valley, CA, 2009.

Further, he is working towards astrobiology...these are cutting edge geniuses who know their are ET's and there needs to be a specialty and departments in universities and a whole set of protocols in every part of our lives for the future.

Hence, OP, I declare this is not a hoax. I believe these people, picked up where Sagan and others left off and I declare you to be correct...we are getting ready. Bravo OP!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

This may be highly speculative but interesting none the less. Especially coming from NASA.
Yet another instance making me feel like we are being "told" something and "Prepared" for something.
It is one thing to hear this coming from GLP or some other crazy source. Unfortunately NASA has about the same credibility now that I think of it.
Bottom line is, I think we are being prepared to go thru some really interesting times here real soon and I know I'm not the only one.
Let the flame wars and the childish remarks begin!
What do you think?

www.guardian.co.uk
I couldn't agree with you more, the media is definately being used as a tool to prep us for the events which will follow very shortly. The next couple of months will be very enlightening
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The amount of nonsense in this thread, again, borderlines the unbearable.

First, that "we are prepared for something" i just can call a totally stupid assumption - what should that imply?

That "they" (TPTB and NASA, that is) "know" we are getting an alien invasion, but (of course) this secret knowledge is well hidden amongst thousands of government employees and NASA employees, but now they want to slowly release that information because it helps a lot if NASA "is preparing" us via bizarre means like messages where you need to read between the lines? Nothing of that hypothesis makes any sense in the slightest.

Secondly, while what they say is labeled as "highly speculative" (because it indeed is)...it is not abstruse or bizarre as other theories because it does in fact have some logic behind it. (Most silly hypothesis in ATS skunk works etc. usually don't)

The logic is that a potential extraterrestrial civilization can/could recognize a polluted atmosphere, even from far away. Mind you that we now are also on the verge of the beginning of discovering new, planets outside our own solar-system...we can determine a possible atmosphere and similar by analysis of the spectrum etc. - and this WITH OUR OWN TECH.

It is therefore likely that another civilization could do the same, they don't even need to come here.

Now, pollution of the atmosphere is indeed an indicator of a developed, but "unripe" and therefore dangerous species - it means NOTHING LESS than a species is destroying its own planet. A species which is destroying its own planet AND is also on the verge of interstellar travel and already started to discover nearby planets is indeed DANGEROUS.

This speculation has therefore hand and foot since its not a good idea to tell everyone in our stellar neighborhood that we are a) dumb b) dangerous & destructive c) soon technologically capable of doing the same with other planets [since nothing indicates we wouldn't do the same to and on other planets]

So...speculative, yes, but it makes sense in many ways.

The next couple of months will be very enlightening

You could have "enlightenment" right now, by starting to read some simple science books or maybe engage in a cool hobby like astronomy.
edit on 18-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Sounds like you have it all figured out my friend.
Good work.
Thread closed.
You can all go home.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Anyone who hasn't noticed the changes taking place, strange events and recent media releases just doesn't want to see it. You can't be blind to the clues that have been left for us throughout history they speak LOUD AND CLEAR! It is no mystery that something big is coming and very shortly.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by exclusionzone

There is alot of ass covering going on lately.
With The vatican announcing that it is now ok to believe in aliens and it won't interfere with your religion
and Nasa coming out with this as well as many other announcement which I can't recall at the moment.

What this is setting up is.......
when the # finally goes down, people are going to demand answers and they will be told?........
"We tried to tell you".
This is just a pre-emptive cushion to the blow as far as I am concerned.
"it" is coming and I feel deeply sorry for those who refuse to see.

As the saying goes,

"None are so blind as those who refuse to see".

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by exclusionzone
reply to post by Screwed

Anyone who hasn't noticed the changes taking place, strange events and recent media releases just doesn't want to see it. You can't be blind to the clues that have been left for us throughout history they speak LOUD AND CLEAR! It is no mystery that something big is coming and very shortly.

Yep, the fake "remote viewers" and channelers use those exact same words for decades already. It's always "the current events, the impending changes and something big coming 'very soon'", it works all the time

By the way, the media is not confirming what the fake people tell you - it's the other way around, the fake people and fake prophets use media events for their own purposes and pseudo theories. (For example they use a random, uninteresting comet, as they already did in the past multiple times)

Maybe, in some years, when you are older and wiser you will get it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Depends what "they" mean by "Civilizations"??

Do they mean...All the Humans?...Only the Black Humans?...Only the Asian Humans??? (ET's cousins).

OR Do they not even mean Humans?

What about Lacerta's Saurian Subterranean civilization?, No, Not the bad Reptilians,..... The Saurians.

What about the Non-Mammal civilizations. What about all the Ants? the Bees? the Insects?... Ants, bees and others build cities too, you know...

What about all the Fish civilizations? The bird civilizations...

About time the apes stopped being so Human-o-centric!!!

And perhaps becoming more EARTH or UNIVERSAL - Centric.

Humans arent the only "Life" on the Earth, that can be destroyed by Human pollution/greed etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This crap is what passes for news in the West, folks. Behold, in all its glory.

A bunch of scientists, mostly from a very noncivilian civilian agency known for obfuscation and being tight lipped, decided to release a "highly speculative" rambling of ill conceived brain farts, and the nitwits running the precanned news wires picked it up.

I wonder how much more transparent the lame attempts at fear stoking can be.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Gotta be honest this is a pretty weak ploy by these speculative scientists. I'm all for cutting down pollution to the lowest possible level we can and treating the Earth well but aliens coming to attack us because of pollution and Global Warming, gimme a friggin break.

This is no different than if a preacher said God was going to smite us if we don't start treating the Earth better.

Now I have no doubt that if there are aliens capable of interstellar travel and they become aware of our species they aren't likely to be impressed by what they see. But wiping us out over global warming whilst our civilization isn't even capable of traveling outside the solar system... poppycock.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

S & F

I agree, that with all of this 'ET' talk creeping slowly but surely into the media, we are being 'warmed up' to contact and visitation.

I saw nothing silly and humorous about the article, as most did..... I think that the article was written to open people's minds about ET civilizations and there view on humanity; a very plausible subject, especially in this era of commercialized space exploration, into deep space.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Good for you for having an open mind and being able to think outside the box.
Entertaining an idea is just that.
It doesn't mean you buy into it 100% and pray to space aliens from now on.

Thank you for your open mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join