It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how does green house gases threaten the universe.

it's like saying dropping .00000000000000000000000000001 milliliters of grease into the pacific ocean will destroy the atlantic ocean.

Ooops I think you missed the point there big time!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Any excuse to push the climate change agenda

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Some of you offer true justifiable debate as to why I should re-look at my response and read the other papers connected to this report.

But some of you are just plain cruel to all of us, including law enforcement, military and the medical profession who have had third and fourth encounters, some which brought us to the brink of death. Who are you to do that?

This is a conspiracy site, it is important to deny ignorance...but not the facts of these peoples testimonies.

Have I missed the point of ATS? No I do not think so. Mock others experiences if you will. I am glad I do not have to look in your mirror.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Seems like they are preparing the sheople for the upcoming fake Alien invasion. Stay tuned for the Fox News ALERT! ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Well, I will say this.
If indeed there is going to be a fake alien invasion or even a staged Real Alien invasion,
we can't exactly say we weren't at least warned of the possibilitiy anymore.

We have been told many times now, by many different sources that it is a possibility that there is extra terrestrial life out there and it may or may not be friendly.

Listen, Is there Alien life out there?
OF COURSE THERE IS!!!
We can marginalize them and call them "Space Aliens" or "Little Green Men".
We can pontificate all day long about their intentions and....."What They Would Do",
but in the end, I feel we are going to find out soon enough.
Truth is a pesky little irritant that is like a bad case of herpes. It just won't go away.
The truth WILL come out someday, IT HAS TO!!!!!
I feel it will be real REAL soon.
It all of its glory, it WILL come out.

I can only rely on the wise ones in this thread about "what they will do" when they do get here if they're not already here.

I personally see the logic behind wiping out a pesky bunch of Bi-pedal humanoids in order to save countless MILLIONS of other species including Mother Earth her own damn self.

But, that's just me and MY logic.
I can not claim to know what "they would do" BECAUSE I AM NOT THEM!!!!!
And I am not as smart as some of the seers in this thread who know exactly "what they would do".

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yeah I hear yuh. Even if the staged Alien invasion turns out to be true, I still believe in the real ones existing. My positive theory was that I always imagined them coming here for natural resources and bringing them back to their own planet. Maybe certain plants and species that they don't have that could possibly thrive in a much like Earth environment. My negative theory was that we would be on their menu. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't know. If we screw this planet up enough, they may not want it any more. Could be why they haven't taken any major actions against us yet. Seems if they were going to invade, they would have done it before we advanced to a point to where we could defend ourselves. Then again, we're doing a fine job of doing ourselves in as it is, perhaps all they need to do is wait around until we finish the job. There have also been some hard viruses that come our way out of nowhere..could have been their doing, only we managed to fend it off. For example, in early times, some of the viruses we've seen in the past couple hundred years could have wiped us out since we didn't have the technology back then to treat it. Could also be that there is some rule that we are unaware of that forbids them from interfering with us directly, so proxy wars are used instead. For all we know, some race could have had high hopes that the cold war would have turned out differently, or even WWII for that matter. Perhaps also they have to prove us a threat before they can take any direct action against us. Note that i'm using the term "Direct" action. Might explain what all the observeation is all about, and from the looks of it, thats exactly what it is, observation.
edit on 19-8-2011 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A direct invasion would appear to be extremely inefficient if they wanted to keep the planet pristine. Why not create a virus that targets only humans and simply take us out that way? There are many ways for them to get rid of us without having to get their hands dirty or ruin the planet in the process.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Don't Panic

it's not prsonal the Vogons need to demolish Earth to make way for a hyperspatial express route.

Mr Adams speculation

www.douglasadams.com...:

edit on 20-8-2011 by AliceBlackman because: icon not showing up

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Of course, I would hope that doesn't happen, but if it were to happen, I would blame them. I mean, look at us, we're immature children as opposed to what other species might be out there. Do I really need to quote Spock? Well maybe not, but I will: "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." That doesn't just apply to the human race but all races in the universe. If one race threatens others, they should be dealt with, such as, as much as I hate to use sci-fi as an example, the Borg in Star Trek.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
aliens dont need to destroy us , they will mind control us to destroy us and i believe they have been doing it for thousands of years .....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Have to justify their wages somehow....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Our planets gasses are isolated. Its not like we will be a giant propane tank just waiting for that spark. But then again, aliens want to destroy us for everything dont they?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just for the sake of argument, what if we are not being visited but other civilizations do exist? Furthermore, what if we are in fact one of the most advanced civilizations among them? Considering that, we should ask ourselves that if we ourselves should acquire the technology to visit these other civilizations, how probable would it be that we would be the invaders? I mean look at us, our world is overpopulated, we are running low on resources and our own planet isn't doing too well over all. Now all of a sudden we have spotted another planet that contains a civilization of that say, our early 19th century, and we have developed the means to get there. Would the human race not consider taking this world from the "aliens" much like the United States took N. America from the indians, or recreations of several other invasions that took place over the centuries here on Earth? Would our greedy quest for war over territory spread out among the stars like it has on our own world?

Now lets say there is another civilization out there just slightly more advanced than we are, but they have the means to travel among these stars and could be visiting us right now. They also could be desperate due to problems on their own world, and are seeking another habitable planet, just like we are now. Could they be thinking the same thing? Sounds a bit scary looking at it from that perspective, especially if one looks at the evidence that our nuclear weapons are being spied upon. The world closest in range would be the world to suffer the invasion for a race similar to our own.

However, if they were far more advanced than us, they may know of other worlds where they can accomplish the same thing without hurting anybody by traveling just a little further, in the long run this would be worth the extra travel time. Even if lives weren't important, just the energy alone would be less than that of a full scale war...even if the targeted race was primitive.

One report that took place on an American Air Force Base in Britain had an encounter where evidence shows they were spying the nukes. This has happened on several Nuclear bases now that I think about it(According to military witnesses), but in this particular one the landing site was identified, cement pours were made of the tracks. Radiation was picked up at the site where 80 credible officers witnessed the flying object(it actually landed then took off again, strange markings were identified on the haul). This was a very secure base, so the fact that they spied the base wasn't near as frightening as the fact that they didn't seem to be afraid of being seen, or leaving evidence of their being there. Perhaps nuclear weapons are the only real threat to them, this took place in the 80s so maybe it was enough to scare them off...or they could still be plotting. Either way, the fact that they didn't appear to be afraid of us is even more reason why we should be afraid of them.

Something to think about. If this is the case, lets just hope there is some type of council of advanced races that forbid such invasions of primitive worlds. If we are in fact being visited, that could be the only reason we have been allowed to advance as much as we have prior to having to defend ourselves from such an invasion. Still, if there was a council that forbid it, there is nothing to say that Renascence missions would still not take place, whether they be a friend or foe. The US, Russia and China all appear to be on good terms right now, the threat of a war between them is far less than it used to be...but that doesn't stop them from spying on one another.

On a more positive note, if were going to be invaded for our resources, and that does seem to be the most probable reason why any race would arrive in full force, seems like it would have been done prior to when our resources began to become depleted...and not after they are at the point to where they are almost depleted. That is unless they are seeking a resource that we have that we are unaware of, or an element we are aware of but unaware of it's value to that of another species.
edit on 20-8-2011 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

In all honest opinion, I think aliens have not contacted humans formally because we, in a general sense, are still extremely primitive in our development. Only when man is ready to reach out and accept the hand of another race will extraterrestrials show themselves. Years of playing Perfect Dark 64 has taught me this.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Mach5 because: Grammatical flaw editing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Want to be shocked? Go read my Ancient Aliens The Truth? Thread if you don't than don't.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is all propaganda being forced down the throats of the people. Notice recently how ''alien'' centric the news, media, and movies have become recently.

Go back to pre 911 and you see the same bull#. Terrorism become more and more prevalent in the late nineties so you can see where this might be going.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Way to troll your own thread.

1stly This thread is in breaking news forums and requires a far higher standard of scrutiny applied than say if it was in skunk works forum.

2ndly I believe I was debunking the article and not this thread!

3rdly I can only go on what the article states and work within the paradigm until that all falls apart at some logical level.

4th Just because these imagined ETI's are super genius and technologically advanced doesn't mean they can ignore the physical laws of the universe [speed of light limitations etc.] UNLESS that is CLEARLY caveated by those who wrote the paper and I ask you to directly point those game changing notes and quote them here so that we are all on the same page!

Personal Disclosure: You completely overlooked my caveat...

... unless the scientist aren't telling us something very important?

:shk:

P.S. It seems that the author is even saying its not an authentic nasa article!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is true the theory of relativity has yet to have been broken, but really, not many have really put forth the effort to try. The theory is about a hundred years old, and Einstein may have rewrote it himself if he had seen the advances that had taken place since then. When a scientist does go out on a limb with research that might give lead way to the laws, the rest of the community bashing it, giving it nothing more than a chance to fail...simply because some old guy 100 years ago said it could not be done. They will not challenge any of the laws simply due to laziness, fear or simply being too hard headed. The government could also play a role, just like when someone comes out with an idea that could replace oil as our primary source of fuel, it gets little attention and eventually the idea vanishes into dust. One one point following the big bang, galaxies did move faster than light. NEC also did an experiment would may have also proved such technology is possible. Assumption is the mother of all screwups, we shouldn't limit ourselves to what we can and cannot do, especially based on an old theory that hasn't changed mainly due to the fact that our best minds are simply unwilling to try. They would rather accept it as fact as opposed to taking a risk and proving some aspects of it could be wrong. Another headline that was made can be found here. Many scientists will tell you it is in fact possible, but would not dare publish it in a paper of any merit as this would be like walking into a church and stating God doesn't exist. Note that Einstein himself speaks in relative terms, mentioning that to exceed light speed would result in time travel...simply meaning that you might get to your destination the day before you left. But even this would just be an observation based on the point of view of the observer. There are also plenty of theories that offer a way around this speed limit, such as worm holes, warp bubbles, etc. Saying we cannot break this speed limit is like saying all life forms on Earth have been discovered, yet we still continue to find new forms of life on Earth all the time.
edit on 21-8-2011 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

Explanation: I have no problems with FTL travel. But those who wrote the article on this speculative paper didn't caveat that!

If they did it would be a non issue!

As they didn't, it's a HUGE issue, and there isn't any way around that, UNLESS they show EXPLICITLY how these ETI's could achieve such wonderous methods of FTL transport.

Otherwise its a PIPE DREAM!
[Hint: This belongs in skunkworks forum!]

I might as well assume these ETI's are godlike and JUDGE them from that position.

Personal Disclosure: If they are godlike then I'd hold them to an even HIGHER standard!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join