It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

www.guardian.co.uk

It may not rank as the most compelling reason to curb greenhouse gases, but reducing our emissions might just save humanity from a pre-emptive alien attack, scientists claim.

Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain.

This highly speculative scenario is one of several described by scientists at Nasa and Pennsylvania State University that, while considered unlikely, they say could play out we
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This may be highly speculative but interesting none the less. Especially coming from NASA.
Yet another instance making me feel like we are being "told" something and "Prepared" for something.
It is one thing to hear this coming from GLP or some other crazy source. Unfortunately NASA has about the same credibility now that I think of it.
Bottom line is, I think we are being prepared to go thru some really interesting times here real soon and I know I'm not the only one.
Let the flame wars and the childish remarks begin!
What do you think?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Propaganda, it's like they are reading from a script. Plant the seed, watch it grow.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's fake because they spelled Civilization wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just who are they going to protect? The civ inside the hollow earth?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ETA: I learned something new today
Thanks masqua !

I will also add that this report is simply a scenario analysis.

No real aliens. No real UFOs. No humanity destruction. Just a scenario.

arxiv.org...

edit on 18-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: altered reply.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This reasoning is all based on the premise that aliens think as humans do. Fear gloom doom. Fill your head with so much fear you cannot use whats between your ears.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
how does green house gases threaten the universe.

it's like saying dropping .00000000000000000000000000001 milliliters of grease into the pacific ocean will destroy the atlantic ocean.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
just hope those aliens come asap,

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
LOL so if we dont climate change our way to succes, aliens will annihilate us?

OKIDOKI!!!

Chances are IF ALIENS EVEN EXISTED which they probably dont, lets be honest, they would just take one look at this planet, realise we haven't even advanced to a one world government yet and laugh, leaving us to plague, war and famine one another for the next few decades.

This is pretty shoddy journalism from the Guardian, crazy leftist rag that it is!

Mean crossword though mind you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

This proves beyond a doubt that these scientists have gone completely nuts.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

A similar topic may exist in BAN and a related forum like A&UFO's, as in this case.

BAN is the only place where such duplication may occur.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
erm .... wasn't this the plot for 'The day the earth stood still' ???

Life (but not as we know it Jim) imitating art....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Scientists are full of it these days and so are those that report what "scientists say..".

Anything for funding and control.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well my money is on us killing ourselves off first. But God speed Aliens you better hurry.

Wait a minute so then are they actually admitting that the elite are Aliens and deliberatly killing us off?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Scientists are full of it these days and so are those that report what "scientists say..".

Anything for funding and control.

So when fringe people with fringe ideas say the Aliens may come to stop us from annihalating ourselves they are full of it and scientists are the ones we should listen to.
When scientists start to back up these peoples claims and say the exact same thing then.......THE SCIENENTISTS ARE FULL OF IT????

WOW!
I love this and can't wait.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I do not mean to be a downer...but I downloaded the white paper and it is hilarious...a great read. Well, I have not finished it. These guys went to town, its like a frat party on paper.

Sorry OP....but I am with you on the ET side. They are here (multiple species), they are messing with our heads and we are kicking their *sses.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I didn't take this story seriously. If you ask me, I think it's suspicious.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They certainly would be a lot more concerned at the prospect of a bunch of 'smart monkies' gaining control of their own genome, developing A.I and nano tech - then borg-swarming the universe as immortal cyborg jihadis or whatever.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
As I read the white paper...I think I am wrong...there is an effort at seriousness OP. I guess the way they approached the Fermi model, well, they did it ...."on the back of an envelope". Still I cannot tell if this is a hoax or not without reading all 33 pages of this paper. So more later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join