It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The article is speculative and not to be taken seriously imo.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
But wait, they told us aliens didn't exist ? Now they do !?

That is what a sheeple would say, just propaganda to get us away from the real issues.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Of good job there, Hawking!
Now see what you've done?

See, this is why we can't have nice things!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain

News for you...Humans invented nuclear weapons 70 odd years ago and space travel 50 odd years ago. That seems more threatening than atmosphere changes. If they haven't blown us up by now they aren't going to. Propaganda.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Wait a minute so then are they actually admitting that the elite are Aliens and deliberatly killing us off?

I like this one. Too funny.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So wait a minute. NASA has been telling us since it's inception there are no aliens, there hasn't been a visitation but hey, they're searching! SETI has been sending out signals since what, the '70's? And the way NASA chooses to let us in on the fact that there are aliens, is that they (the aliens) are concerned don't like global warming, a science that has yet to be proven and only speculated and riddled with false data?
Anyone else remember Ronald Reagans reason for setting up the star wars program? Saying that we need to come together globally to fight off an invasion of a different kind, from space?
So...do we believe NASA now and celebrate a win for all those that have believed in intelligent life on other planets? I would think that the last thing an intelligent race or species would want to do is to come here to start a war.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Explanation: Uhmmm?
... S&F!

This is EPIC fail for so many reasons.
Here is why ...

1stly These Advanced civilized aliens would need to be within a 100ly radius to even begin seeing the start of any climate change taking place due to the speed of light and the ETI (extra-terrestrial-intelligence) watching from afar!

2ndly They'd have to watch for like 50+yrs to watch the progress of any climate change and see whether it was getting more or less. That kind of data is usually just a series of snapshots and in no way conveys the whole picture.

3rdly The Toba eruption which seriously polluted the atmosphere with rotten egg gas was a natural event and our atmospheric pollution could easily be overlooked as the result of volcanic outgassings. The planet Venus also proves my point!

4th The article talks about "green" [in attitude not skin tone] aliens wiping us out .. to save not them or anybody else but just to save the planet itself. That doesn't sound to intelligent to me... unless of course commiting so many resources to performing genocide on the other side of the galaxy, because some species didn't clean up it's bedroom, IS like totally rational and shows that one has a moral conscience as an intelligent species!

"Green" aliens might object to the environmental damage humans have caused on Earth and wipe us out to save the planet.

5th They'd have to get here and that IS very possible at subluminal speeds (i.e.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well I doubt green house gasses mean anything in this scenario. A look at our current events and a little peek into history would suffice. If I were an alien I'd make damn sure humans wouldn't step a foot off the planet

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It's cute how humans keep insisting the universe gives a damn what they do to themselves.

You guys ever seen one of these nature documentaries that show ants of one colony going to "war" with another colony?

We're the ants, any potential aliens are the guys with the camera going "Wowee, lookit 'em go! Stupid ants!"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It makes sense really, if humans are so irresponsable on their own planet, using fossil fuels when they have other clean tech to use - but don't, what does this say to outsiders? that they don't give a f*ck and must be destroyed

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If thats the case maybe the sicentists who come up with this sh**e can 'suggest' to the politicians and power energy companies to release clean energy generators instead of hiding behind profit margins from fossil fuels?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone posted this, it pertains to this topic!

Read this PDF file....
www.mtv.com...

MTV Comics And Stan Lee Launch 'The Seekers' Contest!
geek-news.mtv.com...
www.mtv.com...=1667810

Lee said he has written a six-page treatment for "The Seekers". Thousands of years ago an alien race sent "seekers" to every planet in the universe with sentient life. When a race advances enough to a point that it might be a threat to other sentient life across the galaxy, these seekers have the ability to set off a doomsday device that will destroy the planet.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 19-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Is this a side effect of Obama cancelling the shuttle program?

Bored scientists with nothing to do but read scifi novels and make stupid speculations??

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how does green house gases threaten the universe.

it's like saying dropping .00000000000000000000000000001 milliliters of grease into the pacific ocean will destroy the atlantic ocean.

What about a worldwide nuclear or similar disaster? Ever thought about that?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If you want to learn about what might be going on read my Ancient Aliens The Truth thread if you don't that's cool too.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RichardMongler

No,

Brits spell it civilisation.

Not wrong.

And I would not blame the aliens.

Humans have proved they are utter crap - they murder each other and they murder the planet.

And in between doing that, they make each other's lives a misery.

Nice one, humans.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm starting to think the most advanced civilizations would use as little technology as they can get away with. My point being, it seems an advanced culture would have learned to appreciate and maybe even harvest the land under them, without harming the land itself. Of course if they operated in space, the results would be minimal if not zero. As for humans, the root of the ultimate underlying problem is greed.
edit on 19-8-2011 by JonStone because: Typo

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
LOL so if we dont climate change our way to succes, aliens will annihilate us?

OKIDOKI!!!

Chances are IF ALIENS EVEN EXISTED which they probably dont, lets be honest, they would just take one look at this planet, realise we haven't even advanced to a one world government yet and laugh, leaving us to plague, war and famine one another for the next few decades.

This is pretty shoddy journalism from the Guardian, crazy leftist rag that it is!

Mean crossword though mind you.

This 'One World Government' you talk of is planning to kill off 90% of the population. We don't want the New World Order's One World Government.

If Aliens did decide to intervene in our planetary affairs it would only be because we have threatened them in space. What we do on our planet they won't care about. As long as it doesn't threaten them.

'The Day The Earth Stood Still' movie is like a warning to the people of Earth. Ok it's fictional but the message it has makes sense.

Maybe this Alien talk is leading up to an Alien Invasion false flag attack. Obama and Co are running out of attack scenarios. They have tried loads of bombing the hell out of buildings, trains etc. Now they are preparing the population for the Alien attack scenario. They are planning something to dupe the people once again and to implement their One World Government, Banking System, Health System, Army (Using the ever popular UN Death Squad) NATO!!

This could be it!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Any advance civilisation would not erase a potential 8 billion workforce. Better to control, manipulate and coerce the political leadership of the planet, a colony if you will, than eradicate the entire population.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't know about you,but i think they are preparing us for the false "alien invasion" or maybe for the real alien invasion..Who knows.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join