It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite possible; and to protect this ball from nuc/bio/pollution annihilation of living things. We’re still being advanced, but is it fast enough? Edgar Casey suggested (told) in one of his final readings in I believe /54, book: Sugai River(sp).
Their here to protect our planet from ourselves. They will intercede against human self annihilation and making part or all this earth uninhabitable of living things.

Decoy

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

www.guardian.co.uk

It may not rank as the most compelling reason to curb greenhouse gases, but reducing our emissions might just save humanity from a pre-emptive alien attack, scientists claim.

Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain.

This highly speculative scenario is one of several described by scientists at Nasa and Pennsylvania State University that, while considered unlikely, they say could play out we
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sounds more that those scie ntists watched "Knowing" with Nicolage Cage. Aliens acting like "the Arc of Noah" and whiping out a population that cannot even put a man on mars. Yes we are a thread to "alien" civilazations across the universe at this point! They are suggesting that movie, only it's not the sun whiping us out, but them instead.

Seriously if anything, the government keeps trying to write aliens off as "bad and evil" and coming here taking over the planets. Look at this pers release, look at the vision hankwins has about aliens, etc. 80% of "official" release are that aliens "might" be bad for humans, in one way or the other.

If alien races are so advanced they can travel those ditances, they are surely more aware of life, and there spirituality. They use "clean" energy, and IF it is true and aliens ARE here. They are here for a very long time already (ancient astronauts theory) and would of wiped us out long ago when there was no risk of us countering there attacks.

There are more ways to interact and stop the distruction of a planet/civilazation then just wiping them out. That would be a option only us "primitive" humans would come up with. If something is "wrong" or not done as how "we" want it, we resort to violence, threads, etc. Not once in documented history is any conflict between nations/countries solved in a civil way, only threads, demands, violence.

Humans did not advance, technology did.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Required01 because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

wow, that means we are a real threat to the universe!! how cool is that!!

it also means we can get to them too! they think/know.

these guys are morons.

sure, we could be IF we ever get off this rock and don't change a few things.

it's not like every tom dick and harry can get out there in the next 10yrs.

besides the other civilizations should be tough enough to meet us.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not a very new concept since they made a movie about the subject in 1951 called The Day The Earth Stood Still.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This has got to be the biggest pile of utter crap I have ever heard. There is zero reason to believe for one moment, that global warming might signal to other species that our planet is a danger to galactic peace.

Fact is that there is no way for us on earth to even begin to guess what the hell aliens are thinking. We have no frame of reference for that sort of assumption.
Realisticaly speaking we have no way to know how a hypothetical alien species would veiw global warming. For all we know they might look at the state of our planet and say " Well, no need to do anything with that planet, gonna wipe themselves out pretty good without my help".

We really are arrogant S.O.B.s

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This has got to be the biggest pile of utter crap I have ever heard. There is zero reason to believe for one moment, that global warming might signal to other species that our planet is a danger to galactic peace.

Fact is that there is no way for us on earth to even begin to guess what the hell aliens are thinking. We have no frame of reference for that sort of assumption.
Realisticaly speaking we have no way to know how a hypothetical alien species would veiw global warming. For all we know they might look at the state of our planet and say " Well, no need to do anything with that planet, gonna wipe themselves out pretty good without my help".

I think the aliens laugh out loud whenever they hear the name Al Gore.

The aliens know that Al Gore and his minions are ignoring the sun for a very good reason.
------------
There is nothing they can do about the sun or geothermal energy.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
A direct invasion would appear to be extremely inefficient if they wanted to keep the planet pristine. Why not create a virus that targets only humans and simply take us out that way? There are many ways for them to get rid of us without having to get their hands dirty or ruin the planet in the process.

Maybe they consider such a method unfair??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
there are NO aliens

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Breaking news: "Elfes may destroy humanity to protect nearly-extinct, Unicornes population, says Independent Expert in Occultism, Black White and Grey Magick"

He also says that the level of - Mental Pollution is reaching its extreme: the Elfes feels endangered as well because Humans (even children) flooded with the tones of primitive, dull horror movies and, especially- pseudo-scientific giberish, disguised as real Wisdom, stop to believe in te Fairies anymore

edit on 26-8-2011 by ZenOnKwalsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Thats right.
No reason to imagine that Aliens (i there are any) are so much environment-protection-crazy.
And that they will give a #@% about that famous human-caused "Global Worming"
(if there is such a thing )

Maybe to the contrary:
-to travel betweene the starsystems they need so much fuel that to annihilate a few planets on theyr way to get enough energy is the same as to spoil a few gallons of oil, for the human driver during filing at gas station.

- also its possible they are even farther in that state of mind. I mean more like globalist magnats from the multinationals like Shell
In that case they will look at our "childhood" petty polutions with kind of melancholic sympathy

And what if amongst Aliens exsist kind of agresive islamic styled cult, which important, obligatory element is to maximalise entropy in the universe. And coming to Earth they will force us to utilise dirtier, more polluting technologies, or kill us...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hell no, not with batman on our side

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
do not believe anything alien related reported by the mainstream media or scientists. why all of a sudden should we trust them?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

The thing is, wether or not aliens do give a crap about that kind of thing or not is beside the point entirely as far as I am concerned. My angle on this is simple, and it boils down to this:

We do not know ANYTHING about what motivates hypothetical species of aliens, because we have never known anything but our own race. We humans barely know ourselves as a species well enough to assume things about human behavior, and what we DO know about ourselves is always open to varied interpretation.

This firmly understood, it is arrogance, and stupidity of the highest order, to make a report on how an alien species might view our behavior, or its results. We cannot say with any certainty, or even a loosely held suspicion , that an alien species gives a damn about our planet, or how it would interpret the apparant warming of our globe. To suggest that we DO have the sort of background data required to make an educated guess about these things is a fallacy of the highest order.

Sure, its possible that an alien species might decide to wipe us out for the sake of the universe, but on the other hand , its possible that an alien species might have had enough time plying the routes between stars , to have come up with less violent means of solving that sort of problem. Its possible also that of all the alien races which may , at some point, have passed by or observed our planet, that we have yet to be observed by such a busy body species (Oh Christ, intergalactic EPA? I think Im gonna puke!) as to interfere with us at all in the manner suggested in the OP.

We may speculate, we may use these thoughts as an intellectual excersize, but using this subject matter, as a method to lever climate change measures out of an otherwise unwilling government or people is reprehensible , and is the biggest load of twaddle I have come across for some time.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join