It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the cop bashing? Its pathetic....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

haters gonna hate

thats a fact of life and none anyone says otherwise will convince them

its easy

lets jump on the hater bandwagon!!!!

meh no thanks

What about the liberal cops Neo?
You know you are a hater too friend, the gov and progressives seem to be your sworn enemy, and you aggressively express that every day here, which imo, could be considered 'hatin'.

reply to post by OzWeatherman

I understand your premise, and I do not wish harm to others either, it's not the answer, with the exception of judicial punishment. I think some reasons people get so infuriated is because, one, police are supposed to serve and protect, and when some lose their temper and become overly forceful, it kind of seems unreal and unfair. I am speaking of the cases where they did indeed act inappropriately and the court decided so. Also, I feel that people because police are in a position of power, when others see the abuse(again specific cases) they have a knee jerk reaction that is similar to witnessing bullies, in that most people do not like seeing someone in a disadvantaged position being taken advantage of. Of course there are those that do just hate and wish harm against some authority figures, and I guess that is part of human nature. The small numbers you mention of 'bad' police are possibly larger than we think. I would suspect that around 10% of cops in every department across the nation, are, or have acted, out of control and with less than rational mental faculties. Pure speculation, but those numbers add up.
I do realize that Leo's are faced with the worst aspects of society, and that it hardens their persona, but the problematic officers are beyond just forceful and detached, they have fallen off the cliff, in a sense, into the depths of vile hatred for anyone of questionable character. Let be submit, that I am grateful fore law enforcement in general, but I believe the 'exceptional' cases of inappropriate behavior is on the rise. Plus, in this modern tech world, the behavior is captured and shared, which only adds fuel to the fire from audiences. I hope that more cameras, both within the police force as well as from bystanders, may help to curb some of the bad behavior, and make a particular cop on the edge, think before he loses self control and takes his years of frustration out on someone who, while may need to be arrested, does not need to be screamed at and/or beaten down
Also, the power they are continued to be granted for controlling citizens seems to be on the uprise, such as questioning people with cameras, not allowing people to record any instances involving police, and widening their interpretations of 'suspicious' character or situations.

Peace,
spec
edit on 17-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Just because someone craps on you...it doesn't make them an enemy ...just because someone helps you...it doesn't make them a friend.
Enjoy the process.
Respect does go a bit of a ways.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Your wrong sir, "good cops" aren't good if they are watching the things the "bad cops" do, and not acting upon it. It simply means that they are too scared, or they just don't care about the actions of the "bad cops". The last time I checked, if you see someone doing something that you are against, you make your point clear, and you let that person know this isn't going to fly. Am I right? or am I right?

Either way, the point is cops are general a-holes, the bulk of them abuse their power and the one's that don't do nothing to stop the rest.

Trust me when I tell you, I've had many many experiences with cops, whether it was involving me, or simply a situation I happened to get too close to, I have never seen them do anything fairly and reasonably.

For example, I have a friend, very pretty girl, who has gotten out of 3 DUI's because she cried her way out of it and flirted with the cops. One of the instances I was a part of, and I went to the drunk tank and I wasn't even the driver, and she was driven home with a pat on the back and a "OMG SORRY" postcard. What about this is fair and just, and cop-like?

Either way anyone who is posting supporting cops, you must know one personally, otherwise your crazy. They simply cost me money in UN-desired situations, and take away hours of my life by throwing me in jail for things that I choose to do to myself and put no one else in harm. If I'm waving guns around and threatening people, maybe even slander, I totally understand the need for a cop, but the average cop is most likely never involved in a gunfight, so you can't say they put their lives in jeopardy for #, they just give out speeding tickets, and DUI's their whole career and then retire on a pension that makes teachers want to cry and commit suicide.

END OF STORY: Overpaid, power stricken, BAD COPS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Can you provide a link to a "cop bashing" thread where the circumstances are not completely known?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Can you provide a link to a "cop bashing" thread where the circumstances are not completely known?

+1

Star for you !!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
most people end up as cops for a reason.

Most of the police at my nearby station are nothing but bullies.

Whatever happened to Protect & Serve?

More like, Harass & Intimidate.

Not saying they're all bad, cause well, thatd be foolish.

But i can honestly say the majority i've come into contact with are ridiculous.

It's a serious problem and i'm pretty sure tptb are pushing for cops to be more like i've described.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Look I've had a couple of run ins with the police which have NOT resulted in my hospitalization...But look at the video Cops Bashing
It's an hour but it's quite disturbing.
edit on 17-8-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

go to 16:35 and see how they respond to a CAR ACCIDENT victim, they kill him
edit on 17-8-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

What's with all the cops assaulting people, violating rights, stealing cameras, arresting people for no reason, etc. It is really pathetic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Yea im in the Criminal Justice program and these so called "Protect and Serve cops" are making me change my mind drastically. Maybe i should just stay the course and make a real difference and to not be what we call "badge heavy"..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

Hey more power to you. I know there are good cops and there is no good reason to bash all cops but the thing that really bothers me is the deafening silence of all these good cops when bad cops do bad things. I read a lot of stories about police misconduct on all kinds of scales but these stories are never broken to me because a good cop on the inside did the right thing. It is always just the bad cop getting himself caught. Maybe you can make a difference. Someone needs to.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
As my good friend Tupac or Eazy E would say.. "F**K THE POLICE!"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Most of the threads are completely ludicrous accusations, in situations where the circumstances are not fully known or understood.

Now I know all of you will deny this and say you can handle those situations yourself, but I seriously doubt this.

deny ignorance indeed.

Indeed, almost as pathetic as someone contradicting themselves in a handful of paragraphs. Too many words, guess you lost track of them all.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Been a cop for 5 years.

I appreciate the post.

There are good and bad people no matter where you go or what you do...whether that be a cop a teacher or the bastard that charges me too much to fix my car. We are just people like everyone else with the same concerns as everyone else.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Whats up with all the cops bashing the public? Its pathetic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You have GOT to be kidding. Police harm people. They abuse and kill. Are there some good cops? Sure. But the horror that is the American police force is firmly entrenched as the enforcers in this police state.

NWA had it right. I have zero respect for the police. I will never help the police. If a cop questions you, do NOT assist. The police can rot for all I care. Screw 'em.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I don't know, but yesterday night a friend was Shot in Anaheim Ca and Killed by cops, He was fleeing a bust taking place in the Apt next store, I can only assume he thought it was for him, He fled the scene, he was however unarmed, and shot in the back from what I have heard.

Who knows if the shooting was legit, but there seems to be a lot of cases like this where the cops shoot first and ask question later.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

Been a cop for 5 years.

I appreciate the post.

There are good and bad people no matter where you go or what you do...whether that be a cop a teacher or the bastard that charges me too much to fix my car. We are just people like everyone else with the same concerns as everyone else.

Thats right man, there is no need to generalize i think the media has definitly influenced the way we look at things "negative things".. In other words we tend to only focus on the negative things in this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

People aren't blatantly attacking cops. People are attacking the particular cops who bust into peoples houses, unannounced, with guns and shoot innocent people 72 times. They are also criticizing the cops who, without warrants, trespass onto people's property and threaten them. Or the cops who are blatantly corrupt and stealing people's money/drugs for personal gain.

Do your research.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have to agree with you.

first of all, there are bad cops, cops who think they are the 'man' just cause they are wearing a uniform. cops who have issues that they feel they have to assert their power onto others just to satisfy their psychological needs.

but the cop bashing is a bit over the top. Personally I blame the media (actually i blame the media for most negative stuff in the society :duh
. negative news about cops tend to gain more attention and be remembered/passed on more often than positive events. who is going to post a thread on ATS regarding news of a cop risking her/his life during the arrest of a armed robber? now a cop beating a suspect? now that is 20 page thread material. Its just that simple, negative news is going to get you more views. The media knows that more than anyone.

Obviously there are certain topics that negativity works the best, China, middle east, Africa, illegal immigrants...unfortunately police is one of them. The general public 'want' to hear negative news about these topics.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
LOL. Very funny comments.

Do you honestly believe that the "Bad cops" which accoding to you makes all cops "bad cops" go out of their way to make themselves known to the Majority of the Police Service that does the right thing?

Most of the so called corruption within the Police comes from close nit groups of officers in a position to take advantage of it, such as drug Squad, Vice Squad and gaming squads etc. There is no excuse for the behaviour of officers who behave in a way that brings discredit to his collegues, the majority of whom, do the right thing.

calling all cops bad because of a few is the attitude that leads to all this cop bashing..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join