It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the cop bashing? Its pathetic....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bdimi

Driving Drunk is attempted murder. Are your problems with the police drunk driving related? No need to answer but you opened the door.

You do know most people go through their entire lives without ever being arrested or even approached by a Cop? There is always a reason when a person has lots of run ins with Cops. That is just a fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, My ex left me with a black eye and a bloody nose, we both got arrested, you know what I did? She had a couple marks on her forearms because I was trying to restrain her from hitting me and the cop said that's a form of assault, if I would have just let her do her thing to me then I wouldn't have been arrested. I had to call my dad to pick my boys up at 3AM because of that and am on diversion for it right now why? Of course she did get a greater charge then me but still. Because I tried to defend myself with out hurting her. Yes, this is true no exaggeration she just had some major major mental issues! I kicked her ass out after that, wasn't about to put my kids through that again for sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have to say, its about time they got what they deserve and coming to them. I can show you YEARS AND YEARS of video of cops abusing their power, over and over again.
How many years do you think the people should keep taking it? 10?, 20?, 100?, no my friend, its time they got a taste of their own medicin.

I dont care what argument you have to come back with, not a word, cuz all I have to say to that is, YEARS AND YEARS of video!!

When there is a war, there is always someone on the other side, and they chose theirs, "the side that will kill you and me for just being homeless, feed the poor, dancing, or just living".

So keep your pitty (COP cuz only one would take your side such as you do) they made their bed so stop crying when they have to sleep in it.

And let me tell you when they bring the war to my doorstep, I dont give two bits about wether or not the cop just became a father two seconds before that, if you are here to take away my feedom or my life, harm my kids, or anything like that, then you will get two bullets just like anyone else,and I wont lose a wink of sleep.

You have a family? well dont become a cop!
You want to HELP people DONT become a cop.
you dont want to die for violating anothers rights, dont become a cop!,
You want people to like you , dont become a cop!
You want respect , dont become a cop!, you want to be on the side of THE people, dont become a cop.'
You dont want to die when the # hits the fan becuase people will remember who you are and what you did to them, then DONT BECOME A COP!

ALl of you peice of crap cops are all just creeps who got their ass kiked in school now you want to take it out on the rest of us.
You all go around puffed up thinking everyone you meet is the enemy or a terrorist, well your making people that, then dont cry when you get what you deserve.

What you little porkies cant take a little WORD bashing? I bet Kelly Thompson of fullerton would of preferd a little word bashing, but no you gave him a real bashing , till he was dead!
I lump everyone of you together, none of you are inocent as long as you stand by whille your punk a** partners kill inocent citizens, you all are guilty.
I bet EVERY one of you takes off your uniform and badge as soon the # hits the fan, afraid, all scared people will remember you. cowards!

Oh wait what about the dangers of the job?,..... you mean like conducting an illegal no knock search warent of a veteran, or telling a LEGAL citizen who has the right to carry, " I aut to pull my glock and drop you", or aressting a lady on her yard for exorcizing her right to video tape, or removing a person from a town hall meeting who had the lagal right to speak, you mean those dangers, laughable , and cowardly.

YEARS AND YEARS OF VIDEO OF ABUSE!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bdimi

My goodness. You seem very niave and ignorant..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If a lot more time and emphasis was put on supporting good cops ... there would be a lot more good cops. And they would put more energy into self-policing themselves and weeding out the bad cops.

Life is like snow-boarding. You look at the tree, you hit the tree. Don't look at the tree. Look at the path forward.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by superjesse13132000

No one could argue with you because you are so one eyed that it would be a waste of time..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

The American way of life is the reason your cops are like they are. You know that society is not quite right when your Police pull a gun on nearly everyone they pull over or stop too talk too. In 17 years in Police in Australia I had to pull my firearm out twice. I was confronted with alot of violent situations but didn't feel the need to go in "gun first"

Attitudes of both Police and Public are all wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
When you are getting pulled over or they are knocking on your door just remember;
they all wear badges and carry guns so how do you know the difference between a true law officer and a jack booted Nazi thug? Pointing out abuse of power is not cop bashing.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Police are needed, but being police, they should all be living and acting according to certain high standards. I suppose most policemen are good people, but there is still too much corruption inside the system. When you catch them in the city taking advantage of drunk girls, or tazing unarmed citizens, or harassing bicycle groups, there punishment should be twice what a normal citizen should be charged with. I don't think people realize what exactly they are signing up for when they become law enforcement.
On the same token I can understand cops going crazy. There life is in constant risk, and they have to get creative stopping innocent people in hope of meeting monthly bureaucratic quotas.
You have to hold them under a microscope because they are supposed to be more than average citizens.
edit on 17-8-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
If a lot more time and emphasis was put on supporting good cops ... there would be a lot more good cops. And they would put more energy into self-policing themselves and weeding out the bad cops....

Your argument is putting the cart before the horse.

If there are bad cops, it is the absolute responsibility of the good cops to expose them and see to it the bad cops are fired. Problems occur when a good cop does this. He is labled a traitor. He will run into opposition by the union and his supervisors He will be in violation of the "blue code" of supporting your fellow officer. He will most likely be the one who ends up leaving the force in shame.

The public cannot support good cops because the public usually cannot tell who they are. As the old saying goes:

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The problem with Police is simple, they have acquired this arrogant attitude, mainly due to the government giving them more immunity to prosecution.

There has to be bundle of hard evidence in order to get any cop convicted of any crime. In all honesty, I remember one case where a woman was bashed in the face, her bruises and scars were evident, the camera recorded the incident, until just prior to the beating, because the Police officer himself turned off the camera. So we have a brutal assault against an innocent woman, who was merely asking for her right to make a phone call, then the Police officer goes free because the camera didn't record the whole incident of the girl being bashed insanely.

Do you know how he got off? Because he said the girl fell. I don't know how much evidence you need to convict a cop, but now a days it is evident that nothing except full video shot is accepted. In fact one case a cop charged the female he assaulted. The cop charged the female for assaulting police, when in reality it was him who threw her in the ground face first. That being said, the she was getting charged, and the cop confidently thought he could get away with it. What happened? A lucky video had captured the whole incident.

This leads me to my next point, the increasing abuse against those who record police arrests or police activities. There have been numerous reports of people getting abused for recording police activities in their neighbourhood, this is because they are trying to discourage the population from using the only medium which can convict Police officers of any crime.

It is a sad state US is facing, hope it gets better, but with the way the economy is going, and the distrust towards the government, police will be given even more rights to brutalize the public to cause fear, just incase of any uprising.
edit on 17-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

One situation:

Actually police are responsible for policing their own. It is called internal affairs... (does not do much). I am not sure what kinda occupation in the private sector that gets paid leave and or does not get fired if you screw up badly. (PROBABLY NONE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL unless you have government ties/ceo etc). Leave it up to the wonderful government right?

The other situation:

Usually if another officer tells another officer "hey, buddy maybe you should not do that" they become an outcast.

Radio call:

Moral Officer: "HEY, I NEED BACKUP!!!"

Typical D-bag Officer: "Hey, aren't you that guy that scolded Jim for his actions?"

Moral Officer: "Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?"

--Silence--

I am sure it is different in all departments, but I am sure this is the normal go of things.
edit on 18-8-2011 by ElectricWizard because: oh

edit on 18-8-2011 by ElectricWizard because: ohoh

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm a cop basher but I believe my reasons are just. I don't respect them because of the abuse of power by some and the ability of the rest to just ignore it. I agree with you the "bad cops" should be exposed but it just doesn't happen. I know around here a "good cop" can get in trouble or fired for turning in a "bad cop." The police don't like bad press. And whats the deal with "internal investigations?" Isn't that like the wolf watching the sheep? Also, they have the ability to realize a law is unjust, yet, uphold it anyway. I've never understood that one. If a cop were to do either of these things they would lose their job. So call me pathetic all you want. Won't change a thing.
edit on 8/18/2011 by ALOTOFBS because: Grammer

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Its funny how so many are quick to criticise, but if they were in certain situations, Im sure they would be crying out for help from police officers. Now I know all of you will deny this and say you can handle those situations yourself, but I seriously doubt this.

I have ABSOLUTELY no use for cops. I have never needed them for anything and I never will need them for anything. They are part of the problem, and when TSHTF the vast majority of them will be my enemy. They are arrogant, egotistical power hungry bullies that hide behind their badge. I know that there are those cops that are good and honorable, but they are so few and far between that I have no problem generalizing.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What's with the cop bashing? Really??? Wow. I have never been a victim of police brutality but I did live next door to a cop for a couple of years. He was nice enough but I never respected his snitchy profession and I was always looking over my shoulder. I distinctly remember a time when I was on my deck and had ONE (1, uno, single) beer with my girl and then proceeded to leave an hour later to go to a concert. This DB actually came out as I was leaving and asked me if I was ok to drive. And I really believe he was a good cop. If he was a bad cop, I would have been tazered then and free to ask questions later.

I am not even going to address police brutality anymore...that topic speaks for itself. What I do want to say has to do about the profession of a cop in general though.

It is misleading to think to yourself that the POlice are there to protect and serve when they are never really there when you need them. They are NEVER patrolling that dark street you happen to be on with with crime happening all around. They are NEVER there to stop a holdup. They are also NEVER there to interrupt a riot against personal citizenry and property (public property is exactly the opposite). Why?? because that is dangerous and does not produce income. I have seen COUNTLESS police officers stream right past motorists stranded on the side of the road with flat tires or broken cars. So, where are they then? In my 25+ years on the road, I have found them in my driveway being a "good neighbor", in traffic terrifying whoever they are behind, passing me at a high, unsafe rate of speed without their lights on, stopped in a median with radar guns and moustaches blazing, or mostly...pulling someone over in heavy traffic causing a larger risk to passerbys than whoever they pulled over was, be them drunk or speeding or whatever.

When I see a peace officer in my rear view, my ass puckers and I get shooting pains in my legs. I can bet that is the case for most of us, non cops - what a sick way to live. I long for the day that they will feel their ass pucker upon encountering me.

My final thoughts on the good old POLICE...if TSHTF...you will be the first to go. Until then, I remain puckered and waiting to put up with your pent up frustrations with what happened to you in high school at every median. Thank you for your "service".

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by brew8537
LOL. Very funny comments.

Do you honestly believe that the "Bad cops" which accoding to you makes all cops "bad cops" go out of their way to make themselves known to the Majority of the Police Service that does the right thing?

Most of the so called corruption within the Police comes from close nit groups of officers in a position to take advantage of it, such as drug Squad, Vice Squad and gaming squads etc. There is no excuse for the behaviour of officers who behave in a way that brings discredit to his collegues, the majority of whom, do the right thing.

calling all cops bad because of a few is the attitude that leads to all this cop bashing..

I see bad cops doing bad things on a pretty regular basis. Are you saying the good cops do not get to see what I see because I rarely see "good" cops doing the busting on the bad cops. Why is it so easy for me to find bad cops doing bad things but so hard for the good cops to find them?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

The problem is the LAWS. The laws that govern the Police. The powers given to LEO's. Too Easy to abuse. OZ is tired of threads depicting ALL cops as bad. He wants to protect their "shield" of honesty. He wants those to understand that all of them are not bad. Those that hate LEO's might have justified reasons to. It hurts Law Enforcement,when for EVERY bad cop bashing thread,or article,there are hundreds more articles on the net that solidify a EPIDEMIC of misconduct. Its been going on for hundreds of years. From prohibition in the 20's to Mexico and LEO's operating on drug kingpin money. Cops are human. IMHO, I think they should be held to stiffer laws, Psychological testing monthly.If not,find another profession. Whats the difference between a gang in blue,or a street gang if there are criminals disguised into both groups?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by brew8537

What you cant argue with the years and years of evidence to the fact. Exactly!

If it was mall security who did al this abuse, how long before people asked to do away with them? 1 year? 2 years? 20 years? exactly!

So bring your evidence and Ill bring mine, lets see how many rooms your evidence fills of police doing good and being fair, and ill build a building out of my evidenc to house your evidence and I bet there would be enough room left over to fit the spruce goose, right next to your one box of evidence, in my wherehouse bouilt out of YEARS and YEARS of evidence.
bring it and I bet Ill win. COP!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Kitilani

The problem is the LAWS. The laws that govern the Police. The powers given to LEO's. Too Easy to abuse.

Who is abusing that power? I have never been beaten up by a law.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Here's one more to add to your list that i just found out about in my mother-in-law's hometown. She's the circuit court clerks assistant in that town.

Rison, AR- Police Chief accused of sexually soliciting a woman he pulled over, offering to make her parking tickets disappear if she would give him a blowjob.

This really happened, he's been using his power for sex, making women's parking tickets, speeding tickets, traffic violations etc. be removed for sexual favors.

What a creep.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join