It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the cop bashing? Its pathetic....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Guess what? Most LEO's who find themselves in a criminal investigation,get to sit behind a desk,and still get paid,while the investigation moves on. More injustice.

What? Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to LEO's? Why?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You havent proved anything. You lie that cops are not responsible for policing their fellow cops. That is a lie. IA dont beat the streets looking over the officers. They will investigate after a fact if there is a complaint.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by intrepid

So because you think your dad is a good clean cop that must be true?

Well I take my own experience more than I would any given, uneducated hater that has NO idea what s/he is talking about.

If my cameras get stolen I will take the details to the civillian clerks who work behind the counters. They at least dont have a thin blue line to hide behind.

Oh, you don;t take my word but I have to take yours? It's been my experience that those that slam the cops are the first to go running to them when things get out of their control. Don't take my word on that though.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You havent proved anything. You lie that cops are not responsible for policing their fellow cops. That is a lie. IA dont beat the streets looking over the officers. They will investigate after a fact if there is a complaint.

You accused me of lying about my claim that bad cops exist.

You keep trying to deflect the topic....read back what you first accused me of. I never said anything about Internal affairs in the last few posts. Grow a pair.....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well said Oz. I seen many times when this sort of bashing would get handled in the worst way and just end up a flame war. Not all cops are mindless murderers, get it right now. $&F

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Guess what? Most LEO's who find themselves in a criminal investigation,get to sit behind a desk,and still get paid,while the investigation moves on. More injustice.

Ah,he still has his freedom,Right?.He shouldn't get paid,until its decided though.Why should he get paid TAXPAYERS money,while hes being investigated? Same goes for videotaping or taking pictures of police. Why cant I? Lots of laws need to be changed,I believe. Police need to be held to a higher standard.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Ah,he still has his freedom,Right?.He shouldn't get paid,until its decided though.Why should he get paid TAXPAYERS money,while hes being investigated?

And if the officer is innocent? The investigation takes a few months? The potentially innocent officer loses his house? What if YOU were charged? Shall we just assume that you are guilty? There's some damn good questions to ponder.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ah,he still has his freedom,Right?.He shouldn't get paid,until its decided though.Why should he get paid TAXPAYERS money,while hes being investigated? Same goes for videotaping or taking pictures of police. Why cant I? Lots of laws need to be changed,I believe. Police need to be held to a higher standard.

I actually agree with you. If there is a strong case (not a weak case, where there is doubt) against any LEO that breaks the law, then he should be suspended without pay....but it still doesnt mean that every cop is a bad cop though
edit on 17/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

One more thing....I shoot someone,in my defense in my house,Im going to get arrested......Period.
LEO shoots some one in the line of duty,he gets to go home to his wife or kids,that same night.....while they investigate..

See the difference???????

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

One more thing....I shoot someone,in my defense in my house,Im going to get arrested......Period.

That is not my understanding of the American judiciary. Arrested, maybe. Incarcerated, highly unlikely. You have the right to defend your property.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No intrepid.........That is the Law,in the US. Its cut and dry in most States. You are arrested,integrated,and given time to get an attorney,and bail.You might be given bail,but 9 out of 10,you are arrested.The Judicial process doesnt work ALL in one day............Your spending a night or two.The Police are not going to take your word,especially in a shooting case.
edit on 17-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So your claim is that there are some good cops out there even though they just sit around on their asses and let their fellow officers go corrupt? You define a good cop because they personally dont do that but ignore fellow officers who do? I call that accomplice especially when it is their job and duty to uphold the law. Even against their own.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So your claim is that there are some good cops out there even though they just sit around on their asses and let their fellow officers go corrupt? You define a good cop because they personally dont do that but ignore fellow officers who do? I call that accomplice especially when it is their job and duty to uphold the law. Even against their own.

Once again you are making baseless assumptions. Unless you are a police officer or have family that are police officers, than you know nothing, and where's the evidence? I havent once assumed that there are no bad cops, so stop trying to put words into my mouth.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I never claimed that you said that there is no bad cops. There is no such thing as good cop as you claim however. Also you cannot tell that this mexican drug cartel is bad because you dont have any family members there. You cant claim that terrorist are bad because you're not one of them and noone in your family is...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Seriously, why do people feel the need to attack cops at every oppurtubnity they get? Most of the threads are completely ludicrous accusations, in situations where the circumstances are not fully known or understood.

Now dont get me wrong, I understand that there are bad cops....its obvious. Some do take their power for granted, and use it excessively, and in many cases, their actions are unwarranted. These cops should be exposed, and in my opinion, taken out of the police force altogether, particularly when it involves someone being harmed. However, the vast majority of police officers out there, are actually doing some good things for the public. They are every day people with families, friends, kids.....yet when it comes to it, people treat them like absolute garbage, side with criminals, and in some cases, even laugh or express pleasure when they see a cop injured or killed. Disgraceful.....

Its funny how so many are quick to criticise, but if they were in certain situations, Im sure they would be crying out for help from police officers. Now I know all of you will deny this and say you can handle those situations yourself, but I seriously doubt this. How many of you out there have actually stopped a bank robbery, or saved the life of a civilian in a hostage situation? How many of you are willing to put yourself in harms way to deal with situations such as the North Hollywood Bank Robbery? I bet the number is almost non-existant. These men and women are trained to be in situations like this, and put others before themselves. Very few of you know how difficult it is to be in a situation where you have to make a decision almost immediately, yet it seems that nobody knows, or cares about those points....deny ignorance indeed.

I just want to reinforce that I think the cops that do stuff wrong, or think they are above everyone because they have a nice shiny badge, should be brought to attention. But stop putting all your eggs in one basket.....there are great cops out there that do the job they are supposed to do, they are not all a-holes.

PS- I bet there are many of you that hold personal grudges due to stuff you have done in the past, and I bet very few of you have the balls to admit that you did the wrong thing in the past, and the police officer you had a confrontation with was just doing his/her job.

The squeeky wheel gets the oil. Its just how it is. Its no different from any other profession. A judge, lawyer, doctor, teacher, senator can perform their whole career admirably and ethically but it wont make front page news. When one of those has sex with a minor, is arrested for drugs, embezzles money or BEATS the crap out of someone using their office to get away with it THEN it makes front page news. Dont whine about cops. Its all of society.

However, cops have one attribute which those other categories dont. They often get off scot free AND are policed only by defense attorneys. Many 'internal affairs' divisions are completely ineffectual and even condone unethical behaviour.

p.s.

Re your "ps" and the wrong that was done? LOL

17 years old with a broken arm. Arrested b/c the bartender found it suspicious that boy was in his car with his brother talking about life. The cop wretched the broken arm behind his back and slammed him to the ground, while several other officers beat the brother. Once in cuffs, as he was telling him what a loser he was for being abusive, he slammed his head into the dashboard repeatedly. The ONLY charges - resisting arrest. Wha? How can you resist arrest for no arrest? The arrest was the crime? what?

A teenage girl is being dragged violently by five Chicago cops. A 'white shirt' (Lieutenant) is notified of this. He ignores the report. When his badge is demanded the blue shirt cronies tackle the citizen reporting the teenage girl being beaten.

A young girl who lives in the projects reports sexual assault to the police by the police. That a policeman forced her to suck his d***. They laugh at her. She tells a news crew that same story and tells them she spit it on the ground and its still there. DNA tests confirm it belongs to the police officer.

So yea I have a personal crusade. But I assure you its based on real life facts known first hand. More importantly its true that honest police dont get the credit they deserve as dont lawyers, judges, doctors etc.

Many police have remarked how stressful it is to have a corrupt partner. If not for the people then for the officers who have to hide what they dont wish to hide. Think a little bigger than your own feelings.

Im sure Kelly Thomas who was beaten and tased to a pulp and described as gentle has a personal issue. Course he cant post here b/c hes dead.

Or lets shoot a dog b/c it might be a bad dog.

Finally lets not forget Jon Bourge who used his Vietnam experience to shock the scrotum's of innocent men into confessing to crimes they didnt commit.

Think with your brain not your heart. Its an issue worldwide which needs to be addressed.
edit on 17-8-2011 by maluminse because: p.s. to his p.s.

edit on 17-8-2011 by maluminse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What's up with all the cops bashing people's heads in? It's pathetic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I never claimed that you said that there is no bad cops. There is no such thing as good cop as you claim however. Also you cannot tell that this mexican drug cartel is bad because you dont have any family members there. You cant claim that terrorist are bad because you're not one of them and noone in your family is...

Sigh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f11ad7d1cba.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

What's up with all the cops bashing people's heads in? It's pathetic.

LOLOLOL quoted FTW

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely is the oft quoted saying. It takes great character to not abuse nearly unfettered power over the individual. Study after study have shown that, regardless of personal mind set, a person in a position of power begins to abuse that power. So no city or town can expect that at any given time their department is free from police brutality or corruption. That the greatest of controls must be in place and offending officers be disciplined and fired in short order when their mental and/or psychological ability is insufficient to maintain respect for the power they yield over the citizenry.

Unethical employees

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I can see people changing as the time goes, changing to worse. (saying "getting dumb" would be too offensive for some people here)

I dont know why, maybe its chemtrails, maybe its the manipulating media or anything...but i cant imagine next generations living on this world

maybe thats why i believe we need to be wiped out eventualy
edit on 17/8/2011 by Neoony because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join