It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the cop bashing? Its pathetic....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by PsykoOps

He didn't and wouldn't. I know him. I know the people he worked with. I even had a job at the detachment washing cars. Played baseball with them. Guess what? They are people. Btw, who are you going to call if your cameras were stolen? The Girl Guides? I hope the cookies weren't the mint ones. I HATE the mint ones.

If my camera was stolen I wouldn't call the police-do they ever recover items like this?Pure waste of time phoning them for anything short of murder!Invite them into your home at your own risk,even if you're a victim of crime their eyes are everywhere,just looking for something to charge you with.Oh and even if they do find the perp the chances are they do a deal with the scumbag perp to get them to grass on other criminals in exchange for a 'slap on the wrist' punishment.How can anyone have confidence in these bumbling idiots?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Actually the last time I called for help they told me never to call them again nor will I ever. unless someone else needs their help. as far as the bashing goes, its mainly towards rogue cops that dont obey the law and do not protect the citizens of this country.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by JennaDarling
I totally agree..

all these Cops bashing people is pathetic.

As I mentioned, and you neglected to take into account...

I believe cops that do the wrong thing should be bought to the publics attention

They already are brought to public attention, where they are then given a slap on the wrist and sent back to work. For the worst of the worst, they are given easy jail terms, released early, and set free again.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One has to ask about the role of social sites like facebook,my space,youtube etc
Youtube comments also say alot...theres alot of hate on youtube.
Even on ats you have people hiding behind their computer while calling someone a name they would never have the guts to say to their face in real life.

As social media grows,I think that people are losing people skills from hiding behind their computers.
Could this have a role in it??

Could the loss of social skills play a role in why some people get their butts kicked by police?
In some of the videos i have seen...I felt sorry that cops have to deal with mental midgets screaming at them while they are trying to do their jobs in a clear and concise manner.

Again i ask....do we have more idiots in society or do we have more bad cops??
I would say we have more idiots and I think reality tv and social sites might have something to do with this.

Could people be losing the people skills to deal with an officer?
It could go both ways though because police are citizens as well who more than likely use social sites as well.

edit on 17-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
I totally agree..

all these Cops bashing people is pathetic.

Thats what i'm saying. In the U.S. cops are more criminal than the criminals, and they have a badge to legalize criminal activity. You can literally google hundreds of incidents of police brutality in the U.S., and even alot of judges are being implicated in corruption. When the wheels of "justice" turns, it takes all the money in your wallet, bank accounts and whatever cash is stuffed in your bed mattress.

I can tell you for a fact in North Little Rock Arkansas, that cops there sell drugs and even use them. They take whatever they find on drug dealers and users and lock them up and afterwards go sell what they aqcuired back to the streets, i am not even joking, the few decent cops who work there leaked this information.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To the original post. I have nothing against police as an agency. An individual's action may not speak for the agency but the uniform involvement stains police as a whole. This is something that must be recognized and brought under control. I know there is a brotherhood there, but, if my brother committed a merciless act against someone helpless, he would be given to op to turn himself in before I did. It boils down to right and wrong. If you abide the wrong, you are no better than those you condemn, and you will answer on Judgement day.(not trying to pick a fight with any athiests.)
edit on 17-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Your right...I just remembered watching a show where this guy works with local authorities and sets up sting operations...One of them he caught a cop selling drugs to truck drivers..

Which brings to mind...The Media...has a love affair with cop shows...as well as the public...So for all you cop hater's are you watching them cop shows or does you hate go that deep?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Many have not "HAD" to get kicked or beaten by the cops, the cops just took that option. When they lump anyone in an area as bad because there are a bit of bad people am I bad because I can't afford to move to a better neighborhood? You speak about what you don't know about. You have not been profiled, segregated, kettled or sprayed just for living in the wrong neighborhoods so your opinions are only valuable to you.

When you see someone you know or love abused by the police with blatant disregard for the law or "Civil Service" then you will understand the police are not your friends. There are there to ENFORCE their version of the law upon YOU. No one can know all laws so it is always their version of law versus yours.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
People need to realise they are just people doing their job. They are not the minions of a dark lord sweeping the land under his wrath.

I'm friends with a few police officers and they are great people. In fact they are a lot more sensible, funny and down to earth people than a lot of the public are.

And the sad thing is as soon as an officer tackles a struggling man to the floor or fires on a trucker trying to run him over it's the usual 'Help, Police brutality, omg police state is happening!'

And it's these people that are partly responsible I feel for the riots having the outcome they did because if our police force were not such gentle flowers through all that complaining we could have stuck a rubber bullet in every rioter from day one. Things wouldn't have got as far as it did.

People make enemy's of the police for no reason. If a policeman asks my name I will give it to him. If a policeman knocks on my door I will invite him in, not tell him to '# off and get a warrant or I will shoot you.'
Have you noticed it's the people who like to be awkward with police who do the 'brutality' thing?

It's through respect, which is what a lot of people lack on here. Respect for the officers who risk their lives at time to keep us the general public safe and free from crime.
Sure there is a bad egg of a policeman every now and then but that does not represent the entire force.

Shut up, and be nice damn it.
edit on 17/8/11 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Another person who failed to read past the title

Ignorance is bliss

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Some are bad, some are good. Unsophisticated and, quite frankly, weak minds do not have the ability to differentiate.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Some are bad, some are good. Unsophisticated and, quite frankly, weak minds do not have the ability to differentiate.

Well said

Exactly the point I made in my OP. People seem to think im defending bad cops, but I recognise that there are police out there doing the wrong thing. Its just annoying to see a label applied to them as a whole.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

How do you know where I lived and what i have done??
Assumptions make you look silly.

I was raised poor and we had cops at our house many times and i was in the "bad" area.
I have been charged and convicted as both a juvenile and an adult.
Yet...I have never been beat by the big bad policeman.

Do you really think you are the only one who has lived in bad areas??
Get over yourself and come back with a valid point instead of a strawman argument.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
OK, for the most part the police are ordinary people trying to do their job. I can understand how the police can get an "attitude" from the grief shoveled upon them by the angry masses. I think a solution would be to put a block on the cop hater's phones so that they are unable to call 911. This would free up the police to assist us who appreciate the help. The police have a thankless job and hate bashing morons make it even harder.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have ran into the cops dozens of times and only 1 encounter turned out to be good. This is why people dont like cops
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most of them get the job because they want power. The state wants cops that will do the job with out asking questions so thats who they are going to higher.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I have ran into the cops dozens of times and only 1 encounter turned out to be good. This is why people dont like cops

Most of them get the job because they want power. The state wants cops that will do the job with out asking questions so thats who they are going to higher.

Yet again

Why do you assume all cops are like this?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Whats with all the cop bashing?"

What's with all the cops bashing on people who do nothing wrong?

If there wasn't any fuel for the fire, there would be no fire.

I have ex cops in the family who hate cops, nuff said.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

What's with all the citizen bashing? Is one OK but the other not?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy

Yet again

Why do you assume all cops are like this?

1 bad lawman can ruin the reputations of the entire department. Just like everyday people, politicians, business owners, the temptation for personal gain is a powerful motivator to sin. It's at the cost of personal ethics if there ever were any. People are greedy. It's human. Once you give in to it, you won't think about it as hard the next time the opportunity arises.
I think the big beef here is that coworkers continue to defend the few out of a family mentality. They forget the job is about the people, not the brotherhood they are assimilated into. As long as good cops stand by and allow the bad to do as they will, most won't see anything but the bad.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join