It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You don't really think that a lifetime politician is looking out for you, do you?
I do. Here are some reasons why, taken from his website:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.
He also wants to abolish the income tax, end the drug war and let the freedom of choice be up to the individual rather than the government, and back the federal reserve with gold to make sure it's power doesn't go unchecked.

Can you tell me which one of those things doesn't involve Ron Paul looking out for the people?
edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

screw that,

where is he on energy independence?

how is he going to create jobs?

what's he gonna do about big corps and taxes?

trade deficit with china?

the borders? illegals? healthcare?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
One thing that people seem to forget is the President is NOT a king with absolute power.

So what can the President do???
1. Clean up the corrupt bureaucracy.
2. Cut out the wasteful spending in the bureaucracy.
3. Veto idiotic bills
4. Control American Troops in foreign lands.
5. Set the "Tone" of the Administration.
6. He appoints the heads of the federal agencies, including the Cabinet.
7. He also appoints the heads of more than 50 independent federal commissions, such as the Federal Reserve Board or the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as federal judges, ambassadors, and other federal offices.
8. He conducts negotiations with other nations,
9. He sign treaties (must be ratified by two-thirds of the Senate)
10. He initiates the budget.

Given the actual powers of the president, Paul's stance on bring the troops home and reining in spending and cleaning up the corruption dovetail quite nicely with what needs to be done.

His stance on "Social Issues" are not much of a factor because no one including Paul is going to pull the rug out from under Americans.

Also his point of view is that he wants to turn the problems back over to the local government where they can be handled better and cheaper.

Everyone needs to see this post, It should be its own thread.

Go!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
where is he on energy independence?

Market will take care of it.

how is he going to create jobs?

He is not even promising he will create jobs. He doesn't believe it is the President's job to do so. It is the market's job to do so.

what's he gonna do about big corps and taxes?

He will get rid of Federal Income Tax and streamline taxes on corporations by plugging all tax loopholes.

trade deficit with china?

Market will take care of it. Probably US currency will depreciate with respect to China and imports become costlier and exports cheaper. The deficit may continue, but that will be China's problem, if they want to continue to export for nothing other than just US currency.

the borders?

I don't think he intends to change the US borders.

illegals?

He intends to uphold law. So illegals will be dealt with as per law.

healthcare?

Again, it is not the President's job. He will let the market handle it.

Are you satisfied now?

Have I convinced you to vote for Dr. Paul?

edit on 18-8-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by MrSmith

Perhaps you haven't seen the recent telephone poll...

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Paul picking up 37% of the vote, while the president earns 41%. The Texas congressman joins Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann, and Rick Perry as candidates within hailing distance of the president at this time.
www.rasmussenreports.com...

The same page has a link to this which says Dr. Paul gets 9% votes of likely republican primary voters.

I don't think the pollsters asked how many supported Dr. Paul if he ran as an independent.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

the borders?

"I don't think he intends to change the US borders."

that's funny, i hope you are joking.

illegals?

"He intends to uphold law. So illegals will be dealt with as per law"

fed or state?
=========================================================================
"Market will take care of it."

"He is not even promising he will create jobs. He doesn't believe it is the President's job to do so. It is the market's job to do so."

"Again, it is not the President's job. He will let the market handle it."
i've seen some awesome markets in my travels but the one he is counting on takes the cake!!

"Have I convinced you to vote for Dr. Paul? "

the heck with him, i'm voting for the market!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by awareness10

You know what's great about the 2nd video regarding "Corporations are people" is how Ron can so easily and willingly talk to anyone about these issues. My God, when is the last time we had President that could do that! Most modern day Presidents have to be very careful about what they say, for fear that the wrong soundbite will make it onto the airways. But Ron Paul tells is consistently like it is every stinking time. You can tell that when he speaks he REALLY believes what he is saying.

I think RP will do well in the running, so long as he doesnt lose insight once in office. I don't
see him being bought off though like many other Presidents have been in the past, he's older
wiser and the glitter and glam doesn't have any appeal as it would to a younger one.
At this point i really don't think it would matter if he was a god or a devil, the people will choose
the One who can best run the Country and who has the Peoples best interests at heart. He's a
guy that listens to what people want.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

the borders?

"I don't think he intends to change the US borders."

that's funny, i hope you are joking

I was and thanks for catching it. Dr. Paul does believe in tight-borders.

illegals?

"He intends to uphold law. So illegals will be dealt with as per law"

fed or state?

Dr. Paul is a constituionalist. Unless there is a provision in the constitution (I don't think there is) that empowers Congress to deal with illegal immigrants, even if Congress made a law, a relevant state law where it exists, trumps Federal Law. Dr. Paul made it very clear in a speech that where Congress made laws in matters not constituionally within its puview, he would ask the Federal government agencies to stand down and let state laws take their course.

"He is not even promising he will create jobs. He doesn't believe it is the President's job to do so. It is the market's job to do so."

"Again, it is not the President's job. He will let the market handle it."
i've seen some awesome markets in my travels but the one he is counting on takes the cake!!

"Have I convinced you to vote for Dr. Paul? "

the heck with him, i'm voting for the market!!

Market is not on the ballot, Dr. Paul is

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Seems that Ron Paul is not only Intelligent, but Resourceful too. I like him even more!
Hemp is your Friend.

Ron Paul "Best source of ethanol is HEMP!

Originally posted here by Unity99
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
At this point i really don't think it would matter if he was a god or a devil, the people will choose
the One who can best run the Country and who has the Peoples best interests at heart. He's a
guy that listens to what people want.

Are you referring to Dr. Paul there?

I am sure he, like every other politician, listens to what people want, but nobody can deliver all of what all the people want.

He definitely believes his policies are good for the country. However, it will take more than a President and one term to even see these policies fully implemented in order to see whether they yield what they have been expected to or not. If he gets elected, his first term in office will be a severe disappointment in office for all except hardcore constitutionalists. There won't be any miraculous growth in the economy. In fact it may take huge nose dive when he yanks the welfare rug from under many corporates. There will be increase in unemployment and the stress on welfare will be high. Many of his traditional supporters will be disappointed because the welfare state continues and those on welfare will be upset because of reduction in welfare. There won't be any foreign policy matters to divert their attention either. Through all of that does anyone really think he can get elected for another term in office to see the policies through? Or will it revert to the scenario where another demagogue like Obama gets elected and runs the country into the hole it is destined for?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yes actually..
Paul has been around for some time and has a pretty good track record.

Obama... Who is this guy Obama anyways? He was virtually a nobody before

his Pawn Dealers got hold of him. Anyways, what other choice is there? Unless

The American Citizens take over and boot everyone one out of office, nothing will

ever change, not for the better the way it's going on now.
edit on 18-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There should have been one question clarifying if the answer is from one who can/will be voting in the elections, or if ti is just in support of him. For this reason i decided not to give my vote to anyone in this poll, since i have no vote in the real elections.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10

Yes actually..
Paul has been around for some time and has a pretty good track record.

I have absolutely no hesitation in agreeing with you there.

Obama... Who is this guy Obama anyways? He was virtually a nobody before

Not quite. He was half-way into his first term as Senator before he became the President

Anyways, what other choice is there?

There is none, of course!

Unless

The American Citizens take over and boot everyone one out of office, nothing will

ever change, not for the better the way it's going on now.

If majority American citizens trusted a specific set of policies as what is good for them, they don't need a revolution. They simply need to keep electing those espousing those policies to the Congress and Presidency. However, there is no specific set that majority trust.

Yeah, if a minority are determined enough to change things to their way, they could launch a revolution. But the problem is identifying the enemy. Who are they going to revolt against and how?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The BBC was far more accurate than your revisionist historical account of the last election was. All you did was make excuses for him on his failings.

Find me the quote from Ron Paul saying he wanted to "legalize heroin? (yeah, I used a Z, cuz this is America
)

Is this good enough?

www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul talks about legalisation of drugs and prostitution.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
He let that small segment get out of hand and paint loser all over HIS canvas.
Some leader.
Where are his televised podium speaches where he takes command of his own campaign and tosses them fringers who were destroying his chances on the curb where they belonged?
I'll be waiting.

So, lemme guess, you don't have the quotes from Ron Paul where he said he wanted to "legalize heroin", and that he believed the government was behind 9/11 yet? You were defending the BBC article, so let's see those quotes.

Better get on it, cuz it seems like you went right back to trying to attach a small segment of outspoken supporters that you find obnoxious, to Ron Paul and his positions on leading the country. If you can't find me those quotes, then find me where he once told supporters to be disruptive, or defended disruptive behavior on their behalf. I asked you first, provide me those quotes, and then I'll get on looking for yours.
edit on 17-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

Sending it twice because you don't appear to be able to type the words "Ron" "Paul" and "Heroin" into Google:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Well it looks like 98% of ATS is going to be dissapointed with the GOP nomination.

I'm just curious...does anyone honestly believe that this poll reflects reality of the GOP nomination race?

In reallity, it will probably be Perry & Bachman, that will be the real presidental candidates.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
What's up with people supporting Palin for her "electability"? Are some people voting for presidential candidates based on their popularity and charisma now or what?

It is sad.
But that's how USA works.
That's how Obama got elected.
And that's why people are more interested in American Idol, and Jersey Shore, than making their country back into the former glory.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow, some of those guys I've never even heard of. lol I still Ron Paul all the way!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
If I'm not mistaken wasn't it only 17,000 or so people that voted in the Iowa ames straw poll??

Why should this poll be any less relevant? We were not paid unlike the real straw poll.

It was the other way around.
To do the Iowa straw poll, the voter payed $30 to get in!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by TrueAmerican

We should do a joint venture of making bumper stickers that state "I'm voting for Ron Paul in 2012".

I'll bet you'd see a lot of those on cars/trucks.

We could even charge a dollar for them, then donate the money made for his campaign.

My mom says I'm a dreamer.

You have 904 of those Ron Paul 2012 stickers.
Right here.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

COMPLETELY AGREE! I was allowed to select 4 issues most important to me. I chose the important issues. Electability is NOT an important issue. I don't vote for people based on how likely they'll be elected, I'd vote for them based on what they intend to do when they get into office.

Yes, I voted that same way too.

I picked the four most important issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join