It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

So CaptainLBJ,

Let's say all those dates were true... Who made those tools? It wasn't humans or even something even close to humans. If we go back 2.5 million years homo is not there, if we go back 7 million years we are talking very small monkey like creatures that would allow both us and chimps to split off.

If we go back 65 million years when the dinos were wiped (and much of all land life) mammals were very few and very small rodent size. It took 10 to 15 million years after that for mammals to diversify as they did, so really it was about 50 million years ago that mammals really started to branch off. If we go back 200 million years there were no mammals.....

So my friend, Where did 300 million year old boot prints come from, or any of that other stuff? Is it reasonable to say that some none mammal species also made exact copies of 1800 nails, or maybe the reason is that they are 1800 century nails. Is it also reasonable to say that they wore boots too, or even needed boots?

Makes one question the source of the dates.... And as a good example....shells that were said to be 300 million year of machinery cogs....

edit on 6-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Then our brains should have continued to grow in size and power? why would they have developed continuously larger and smarter and then just stopped advancing in size and strength?

Is very arguable when weighing the pros and cons of our evolution,when wondering about our assumed modern day advancements in knowledge,that has led us to our ability to construct atomic weapons,if that is indeed intellectually profound? Or extremely stupid? K

Knowing that we have aquired the ability to kill ourselves off,that we are standing at the opening doorways of self extinction and have been for around sixty five years,i would say that we have been experiencing an extremely ominous and forboding cultural regression,instead of our presumed and supposed progression,which is easier for us to face...

Because denying the reality of our precariously exposed situation,is more comfortable for us to live with,easier for us to keep putting one foot in front of the other,going nowhere ever faster and faster...

edit on 6-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

link   

The information I've presented comes from many different sources. I take no credit for any of them. I'm just a researcher. Honestly, I'm Not claiming they're 100% true. Undoubtedly there are hoaxes and just plain badly dated items. What I am saying is that they're not 100% false.

I don't dispute Evolution. However, I'm solidly convinced that it's incomplete, there are holes in it, and the Timeline needs to be stretched out a bit more.

Who make these items? I can't say. I can only point you in the direction of the Giants (see related posts about a Smithsonian cover-up, and the various links I've posted). The Giants are the key to it all, IMHO.
If there's a cover-up here, there has to be a Reason for a cover-up. Giants to me seem like they possess large skulls. Large skulls to me seem like they possess large brains. Large brains to me suggests something far beyond mere grunting ape-men.

What I've proposed--an alternative to the Ancient Astronauts/Aliens Theory--is that there was once a global civilization of respectable technology. They destroyed themselves, or at least a cataclysm destroyed them. Civilizations had to rebuild from the ground up, after 99% of the population was exterminated. The 1% or so of survivors became, for all practical naming conventions, Cavemen. A few hi-techers managed to survive the apocalypse via underground bomb shelters. They eventually reclaimed the surface of the planet and re-organized the barbaric savages into budding, independent civilizations. To these brutes, the hi-techers were revered as Gods. This scenario did not take place in one night, but probably across centuries or even millennia.
If it actually did happen, why keep it hidden? Because mankind is on the brink of Repeating It. More to the point, whatever became of the redheaded Giants? If they're not extinct, then their de-evolved descendants are running around in rural regions of the world under the names Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot, or just plain "Wildmen."
If we don't change our ways, that's what's going to happen to Our descendants, provided the Earth isn't nuclear- sterilized of All life.

You guys will then come after me and scream, "Where's all the Building and High-Technology left from this former global civilization?" I answer it as always: Most of our planet is underwater and when you have land masses sinking, giant tsunami waves, earthquakes, and other nasty demons ravaging our little planet, it's a miracle we can hang onto artifacts just a few thousand years old. Entropy! Things decay. This proposed global civilization need to have been a spend-spend/buy-buy corporate nightmare one like our own. It might have been "greener" than our own with more of a respect for nature and utilizing bio-degradable technology. I don't know.
I do know that what little remains of the ancient past are stone monoliths. I do know that Mankind of the past couple thousand years Loves to destroy things it finds uncomfortable to accept (religions condemn other religions as "demonic" for example, and a crapload of writings were burnt for this very reason). Then we have "science foundations" like the Smithsonian actually destroying skeletal remains which don't fit the current timetable! If you ask me, 9 out of 10 genuine out-of-place artifacts discovered are probably not recognized as such and are discarded, to be recycled as trash.

Either accept that or accept Time Travel (temporal displacement of items from the present or future into our distant past). I prefer the above, pondering time-travel warps my mind... The third alternative is aliens, and you already know my myriad problems with That line of though...

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. I've been laughed at it for years, too. So far all those who disagree with my theories offer up Aliens to explain any past anomalies. Or just sigh and say they're all hoaxes. It's cheap and tiring.

link   

Then our brains should have continued to grow in size and power?

Why would they have continuously grown larger and smarter and then just stopped advancing in size and strength?

Unless we were intentionally designed to unknowingly cease our evolutionary developement at a certain pre-determined level,during a specifically pre-arranged genetic stage?

Its very arguable when weighing the pros and cons of our evolution,when wondering about our assumed modern day advancements in knowledge,that has led us directly to our ability to construct atomic weapons,if that is indeed intellectually profound? or extremely stupid?

Knowing that we have aquired the ability to kill ourselves off and that we are standing at the opening doorways of self extinction and have been for around sixty five years...

I would say that we have been experiencing and living within an ominous and forboding cultural regression, instead of our presumed and supposed progression...

Which is easier for us to face,because denial is more comfortable for us to live with...

Its disheartening and terrifying to realize just how unstable,fragile,temporary,precariously exposed and virtually insignificant humanity actually is...

Realizing that we are made to live ever faster,going nowhere really fast,while self imploding and spinning out of control,again...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Then our brains should have continued to grow in size and power? why would they have developed continuously larger and smarter and then just stopped advancing in size and strength?

Our evolution has not stopped...it's always continuing, and so in 500k years we will be a different species. Maybe a lot sooner now that we have gained control of our own evolution...good or bad...

One thing, I never said intelligence was a good evolutionary trait. There are billions of traits that have died out due to natural selection, and intelligence just might be one of those bad traits too. A few cons to it all...the more advance we get the more we are unable to provide for ourselves without a huge infrastructure, also the ability to wipe oneself off the face of the earth can't be good.

This could mean that intelligence pushes a species forward but also destroys it too.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

What I've proposed--an alternative to the Ancient Astronauts/Aliens Theory--is that there was once a global civilization of respectable technology. They destroyed themselves, or at least a cataclysm destroyed them. Civilizations had to rebuild from the ground up, after 99% of the population was exterminated. The 1% or so of survivors became, for all practical naming conventions, Cavemen. A few hi-techers managed to survive the apocalypse via underground bomb shelters. They eventually reclaimed the surface of the planet and re-organized the barbaric savages into budding, independent civilizations. To these brutes, the hi-techers were revered as Gods. This scenario did not take place in one night, but probably across centuries or even millennia.
If it actually did happen, why keep it hidden? Because mankind is on the brink of Repeating It. More to the point, whatever became of the redheaded Giants? If they're not extinct, then their de-evolved descendants are running around in rural regions of the world under the names Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot, or just plain "Wildmen."
If we don't change our ways, that's what's going to happen to Our descendants, provided the Earth isn't nuclear- sterilized of All life.

I guess one would ask how advance? As I said before if iron was used 3000 BC I would find that extremely advance for the age. A nail that is 1800 century vintage is a rather basic item though. Metal balls are also rather basic, and so is stone work. In all this even when I see something out of place I see very little "advance" to it.

Just for example....Giant monoliths are still raw stone and I just do not see an advance race using advance tools to build with...wait for it....raw stone. Do you? Also the monoliths cannot be that old or they would be gone too into the earth as all this other stuff you suggest.

One thing for sure is in 500 million years if there was nothing to show for us there will still be what we left on the moon. The bottom line is I only see holes in these alternate advance theories.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Raw stone, yes. Yet despite our technology we still build using stone: bricks, cinder blocks and so on.
Metal tends to oxidize, rust, fall apart. Put these things at the bottom of the sea and they'll rot at warp speed, with only stone constructs holding their own against the elements.

The Great Pyramid is all stone blocks, but going back to the earliest records of it it was covered with outer casing stones which gave it a very smooth, glossy and sophisticated look with inscriptions in these stones. (Well, depending on the sources, one speculates it was just graffiti--We'll never know because the stones were stripped, grounded, and used to build mosques!). Oddly enough these simple constructs have withstood the test of time.

I can't over-emphasize enough that our planet is mostly covered with water. Could we comb the ocean bottom I'm sure we'd find some Really interesting constructs on par with the great Egyptian works. Case in point being the Japanese pyramids which everyone's been trying to debunk as being "natural formations." Continents can sink. Things can be swept away.

An advanced society could make it to the Moon and could place a time capsule there. But an advanced society that's global need not be quite that advanced to be global.

I need more info to go on and there's precious little of it, so it's no wonder there are alternate explanations and theories. If you guys believe in ancient aliens visiting our planet then show me an artifact which appears crafted by ETs rather than humans (and perhaps is made to accommodate an alien hand or tentacle!). I don't see any so I throw out the ET hypothesis. I only know we have these OOPArts which can't be explained any other way, and we have strange consistencies between peoples which span the continents which precede modern sea-faring voyages. Some have tried to debunk the Piri Reis Map but they can't ignore the ancient grasp of longitude and lattitude knowledge. Ancient knowledge lost and regained much later. These bits all tie together, pointing towards cyclical civilizations.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Actually I believe that aliens have not ever visited earth and we are the most advance species to have walked on earth. I also believe that most do not give Man enough credit to do all the things we have seen, but I believe Man did it all and used primitive but very ingenious methods that might have taken a lot of time but still could be done.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The Great Pyramid is all stone blocks, but going back to the earliest records of it it was covered with outer casing stones which gave it a very smooth, glossy and sophisticated look with inscriptions in these stones. (Well, depending on the sources, one speculates it was just graffiti--We'll never know because the stones were stripped, grounded, and used to build mosques!). Oddly enough these simple constructs have withstood the test of time.

No need to postulate any "earliest records" regarding the Great Pyramid.

The casing stones are still there on the top part of the neighboring pyramid. Also, some from the Great Pyramid were still laying around its base and were discovered through excavation.

Sorry, no glyphs.

Originally posted by CaptainLJBI can't over-emphasize enough that our planet is mostly covered with water. Could we comb the ocean bottom I'm sure we'd find some Really interesting constructs on par with the great Egyptian works. Case in point being the Japanese pyramids which everyone's been trying to debunk as being "natural formations." Continents can sink. Things can be swept away.

Have you ever seen a map of the formation off the coast of Yonaguni?

It's certainly not a pyramid.

And, yes, land does sink. That's how the formation at Yonaguni went under.

Harte

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

This could mean that intelligence pushes a species forward but also destroys it too.
Exactly and destroys itself again and again and again,imo,because modern humans have only been around for about 200,000 years,our written history is but a fraction of that time,the earth is 4,500,000,000 years old and so what do we really know about who and what that may have arisen and fallen and was erased long before modern humans arrived?...Not much...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well, I guess everything I've read has been in error...and your sources are absolutely correct.

(P.S. Can you switch to a different avatar? Most of my relatives died from heart attacks and every time I see that thing it just creeps me out!).

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm not saying i agree or disagree with the information in this link,but i have a very open mind and so i'm perfectly willing to consider its profound implications and ancient history shattering possibilities...

Age of the earth-101 evidences for a young age of the earth and the universe > creation.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Well, I guess everything I've read has been in error...and your sources are absolutely correct.

(P.S. Can you switch to a different avatar? Most of my relatives died from heart attacks and every time I see that thing it just creeps me out!).

LOL.

The avatar represents a (needed) dose of reality.

You read too many fringe sites, man.
Yonaguni sank 2,000 years ago: link

Also:

At completion, the Great Pyramid was surfaced by white "casing stones" – slant-faced, but flat-topped, blocks of highly polished white limestone. These were carefully cut to what is approximately a face slope with a seked of 5½ palms to give the required dimensions. Visibly, all that remains is the underlying stepped core structure seen today. In AD 1300, a massive earthquake loosened many of the outer casing stones, which were then carted away by Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan in 1356 to build mosques and fortresses in nearby Cairo. The stones can still be seen as parts of these structures. Later explorers reported massive piles of rubble at the base of the pyramids left over from the continuing collapse of the casing stones, which were subsequently cleared away during continuing excavations of the site. Nevertheless, a few of the casing stones from the lowest course can be seen to this day in situ around the base of the Great Pyramid, and display the same workmanship and precision as has been reported for centuries.

wiki

Harte

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Just imagine what the great pyramid looked like,from the outside,when it was new.Encased in polished limestone that was painted with multitudes of colored hieroglyphics and with a copper,bronze or gold cap stone...

Surely the great pyramid we see now is just a withering relic of its former glory...

Another lesser known fact is the muslim leader who tried and failed to dismantle the great pyramids of giza, because that terroristic task was too dificult to accomplish,although he (they) did cause them damage...

Al-Aziz Uthman > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Exactly and destroys itself again and again and again,imo,because modern humans have only been around for about 200,000 years,our written history is but a fraction of that time,the earth is 4,500,000,000 years old and so what do we really know about who and what that may have arisen and fallen and was erased long before modern humans arrived?...Not much...

I'm just not sure how you come up with the again again again thing...

Did the dinos come back again again again? You keep suggesting that humans are stuck in some kind of evolutionary freeze that reach some intelligent critical point over and over , and that is impossible. We will come and go and that will be the end of it....not a skipping record..

Why do you think we are so special?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Its the massive age of earth 4,500,000,000 years,compared to how long modern humans have been walking around on earth 200,000 years and the oldest "pre-human" remains are only around 4 or 5 million years old and so we have an incredibly immense span of time where no present day humans and nothing even resembling humans was alive on earth,which is 4,495,000,000 years and that is "way" more than enough time for an entirely different species of humans to have arisen and fallen,again and again,long before we showed up...
edit on 7-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The information I've presented comes from many different sources. I take no credit for any of them. I'm just a researcher. Honestly, I'm Not claiming they're 100% true. Undoubtedly there are hoaxes and just plain badly dated items. What I am saying is that they're not 100% false.

If you don't know which ones are true how do you know any of them are true? At a glance, most of them are well known legends, internet rumours and hoaxes. Some I haven't heard of, but as you don't provide references or links (not good for a self proclaimed "researcher"?) it's impossible to check them out.

If you think some are true, then say which ones and we can debate them. Quantity is no replacement for quality, Just scatter-gunning all sorts of nonsense doesn't get us anywhere.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

All the information I have for them is There. Yeah, I could provide links but they in turn give me links to similar sites who barely get me anywhere. Search engines are for a purpose, use them if you need more info on specific entries. Next thing I'll read is that I invented them all and it's a hoax. Look up OOPArts on Goggle and Yahoo, you should be able to find most of them that way. I keep asking myself, Why do I even Bother? If people accept them to be a load of garbage, I should just leave it at that.

Which are real, which are fake? I don't know. I'm the first to admit that. The ones which I've deliberately thrown out have been "proven" (note the quotes!) to be hoaxes, and the leading one here are the infamous Crystal Skulls (especially that clear beauty supposedly found in South America--there are contradictory histories revolving around it of how the discoverer's daughter found it in an ancient site vs. some auction purchase--I think a sales receipt proves the latter). But going against this is decades of "it would take hundreds of years to make by hand" and "the crystal is cut Against the grain" but I'm going with the Hoax because that's the latest analysis which keeps turning up.

Bottom line: I Don't Know. You guys think you've got all the answers, you do the work.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I'm just not sure how you come up with the again again again thing...

Did the dinos come back again again again? You keep suggesting that humans are stuck in some kind of evolutionary freeze that reach some intelligent critical point over and over , and that is impossible. We will come and go and that will be the end of it....not a skipping record..

Why do you think we are so special?

Yes, I think we're special. Humans are survivors. Why? We have Brains and we Adapt. That sets us aside from dinosaurs and toads. Secrets of our technology and whole libraries might be destroyed but we live on and Rebuild. Larger brains than other animals.

Though looking around these threads, I do have my doubts sometimes.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

That "needed dose of reality" is going to give me a heart attack one of these days. Everytime I see the thing my heart speeds up...

It's Evil!

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join