It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

It's me, Blocula. I'm the one keeping that from happening.

Well, technically, it's my feet. The continents are sticking to them, which prevents them from sinking.

Harte

Damn't I knew it was you! Good god man wash those feet every few years, okay?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
How about a 400 million year old machine found in Russia?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Need I say shells? As previously noted by smarter people above me, lol

CaptainLJB

You failed to respond to my previous post here

edit on 2/5/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I guess the big question is why do you believe in what you do? Picking a handful of strange artifacts that ALL have dubious history, I just can not believe that someone like you, who shows a level of intelligence, is putting all their faith in only that stuff, but the problem is that there really is nothing else to support and everything about it goes against evolution in so many ways.

Most believe in previous civilizations because they've been told they exist by fringe sources. It IS a cool idea - but of course the evidence is either lacking or against the idea.

I suspect we'll find a lot more Catalhuyuks and I'm holding out for discovery of pre-prior glacial culture, but at a HG level.....by the way not the Gravettian

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Most believe in previous civilizations because they've been told they exist by fringe sources. It IS a cool idea - but of course the evidence is either lacking or against the idea.

I suspect we'll find a lot more Catalhuyuks and I'm holding out for discovery of pre-prior glacial culture, but at a HG level.....by the way not the Gravettian

I have always said that I would be happy to speculate about an advance ancient species, but it would NOT be human. homo, or any kind of primate at all. I would not suggest it would be reptilian either due to the need to cool a huge brain and they lack the internal cooling needed, but hey you never know.

It would also need to be prior to 70 million years ago when land life was almost extinguish on earth, so that would kind of put it into the something really different species category... hehe

As for advance....if someone showed me an iron tool that was 3000 BC old I would see it as something totally out of place and extremely advance.... go figure...I guess I'm just east to please.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have always said that I would be happy to speculate about an advance ancient species, but it would NOT be human. homo, or any kind of primate at all. I would not suggest it would be reptilian either due to the need to cool a huge brain and they lack the internal cooling needed, but hey you never know.

It would also need to be prior to 70 million years ago when land life was almost extinguish on earth, so that would kind of put it into the something really different species category... hehe

As for advance....if someone showed me an iron tool that was 3000 BC old I would see it as something totally out of place and extremely advance.... go figure...I guess I'm just east to please.

Yeah, I just finished reading a book on the finds at Bahariya. It was interesting in that they talked about dinosaur fossils and that about 500 species had been found but based on a number of factors they believe 3-5,000 probably existed

Could ones of those made it to intelligence? Maybe, but no evidence that they did! There would also be a possibility that say 600,000 years ago HSH got a good mutant and moved forwarded rapidly and formed a HG society and maybe even at GT type construction, then got wiped out by disease of the eruption of Toba.

Iron yeah, a number of people are working to try and find the 'earliest iron tools', to archaeologists it like a call of destiny, such as getting to the 'north pole'. Ever since they found iron in Tut's tomb - they have been looking for that elusive title

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Most think this was a scam ..

It wasn't ... the info has been expunged for the most part .

www.philipcoppens.com...

The energy dynamics of this object were measured and the results were unreal .

Sadly instead of publishing this widely it has been held back ..

And with good reason as it represents a whole new technology to be exploited .

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

www.philipcoppens.com...

And the reason we should believe Brown's and Fanning's stories?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Could ones of those made it to intelligence? Maybe, but no evidence that they did! There would also be a possibility that say 600,000 years ago HSH got a good mutant and moved forwarded rapidly and formed a HG society and maybe even at GT type construction, then got wiped out by disease of the eruption of Toba.

If we look at Chimps and Homo we both broke off at about the same time from the same ancestor. They went their path and we went ours. One of the things that makes us really different is our thumbs, as in chimps cannot hold/build as well as we can. They taught a chimp to make stone tools and the chimp would throw the rock to chip it into a tool. This was thought to be kind of an odd way to do it but they soon figured out that the chimp could not hold the stone and chip it as we can, so even in this area that has nothing to do with our brain it shows how even chimp lack the hands to make and use tools. When people think that our intelligence is unique, we are almost more unique in our ability to actually build with our hands too.

It seems intelligence takes two major parts to happen...a big brain and a super cooling/feeding system. We got big brains and 25% of our energy gets pump into it, and the size is actually the lease part of the two. Other animals might have a good size brain, but I don't think any creature outside of us pumps so much of their energy into it. This is why I would suggest if there was an ancient race it would not have been a mammal (too early for them) or reptile, (just never had a good regulated internal cooling system) but something really unique on its own. This is not in their favor that they ever existed at all, for not only would they need the physical ability to build but would also need some unique feature to support a big brain.

The third part is communication skills, and once again like our thumbs this is rather unique in a world were billions of life forms have come and gone. We don't communicate only because we have a big brain, but more because we have physical aspects that allows us to communicate. This is something we just do not see in other animals at the levels needed for an advance society. All this uniqueness makes it very unlikely for any other advance race to have come and gone and even makes me wonder how we got it right, but hey after 4.5 billion years I guess the odds finally hit.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Pretty much so, we may be unusually lucky

A sci-fi book (1960s) had a short story about intelligent dinosaurs, they could think all kinds of great things but having no hands and an inability to speak could built nothing, discuss nothing, they all died from frustration

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

...discuss nothing, they all died from frustration

Sounds like this thread!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Sounds like this thread!

I don't know...we got 62 pages with great information. What you you like to discuss?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

www.philipcoppens.com...

So youll spend 50.00 a year on a subscription to his new age magazine. Of course there has to be a reason and thats as good as any.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

So youll spend 50.00 a year on a subscription to his new age magazine. Of course there has to be a reason and thats as good as any.

Unfortunately that is true in many cases

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Sounds like this thread!

I don't know...we got 62 pages with great information. What you you like to discuss?

True, there was some great information, but I was directing this more towards the really poxy suppositions and wishful thinking rather than the great information.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Even if chimps were to suddenly aquire opposable thumbs right now,would they really do much of anything differently?

They would certainly be able to grasp their sticks and food more firmly i suppose,but what else?

Maybe after having opposable thumbs for hundreds of generations,the chimps would began to climb the evolutionary ladder faster and faster?

I would say that its our human brain power thats been mostly responsible for evolutionarily propelling us to where we are now,not our thumbs...

I wonder what a chimps body weight to brain size ratio is compared to humans?

I think dolphins might have a body weight to brain size ratio comparable to humans,but we dont see dolphins building anything.But if dolphins were to suddenly aquire arms and opposable thumbed hands, maybe they would?

If humans never aquired opposable thumbs,where would we be on the evolutionary ladder now?

Would we still want to build things without thumbs?

I wonder if having thumbs,makes a species think more about perfroming complex tasks and then doing those tasks,makes their brains grow a little larger and more powerful with each successive generation?

edit on 2-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Whenever anyone does unearth pieces of a giant human skeleton,or parts of a prehistoric machine, even in their own back yards and then trys bringing it somewhere,a group of "officials" will show up threatening them with "laws we never knew existed" and then they'll take the skeleton or machine away,never to be seen again and most likely thats already happened again and again with all kinds of bizzare out of place,out of time artifacts that people have found,who were thoughtless enough to show them,or bring them to so called officials who are controlled and made to strictly follow pre-arranged guidelines,officials who receive their fundings and their paychecks from the state and government,officials who are forced to ridicule,deny,suppress and hush up any artifacts and evidence that goes against our currently enforced belief structures...

Genesis 6 giants > www.stevequayle.com...

Russian Scientists Discover Evidence of Giants Existence > www.pureinsight.org...

47 inch human femur > www.omniology.com...

Archaeological Coverups > www.onelight.com...

Giant humans and dinosaurs > www.biblebelievers.org.au...
edit on 5-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Whenever anyone does unearth pieces of a giant human skeleton,or parts of a prehistoric machine, even in their own back yards and then trys bringing it somewhere,a group of "officials" will show up threatening them with "laws we never knew existed" and then they'll take the skeleton or machine away,never to be seen again and most likely thats already happened again and again with all kinds of bizzare out of place,out of time artifacts that people have found,who were thoughtless enough to show them,or bring them to so called officials who are controlled and made to strictly follow pre-arranged guidelines,officials who receive their fundings and their paychecks from the state and government,officials who are forced to ridicule,deny,suppress and hush up any artifacts and evidence that goes against our currently enforced belief structures...

Cool story bro

Genesis 6 giants > www.stevequayle.com...

Russian Scientists Discover Evidence of Giants Existence > www.pureinsight.org...

47 inch human femur > www.omniology.com...

Archaeological Coverups > www.onelight.com...

Just posting the same BS over and over again doesn't make it any less BS.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Even if chimps were to suddenly aquire opposable thumbs right now,would they really do much of anything differently?

They would certainly be able to grasp their sticks and food more firmly i suppose,but what else?

if you want my opinion, I think there would be an energy intake increase, and incrementally it would tract into the brain spawning smarter and smarter generations of chimp.

also they would use their thumb's maximum potential which would increase the potential of other anatomy.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Then here's a grossly incomplete timeline for you to rip into. I've filtered a lot of questionable ones out and there's probably a million more, but it'll give you something to bitch about...

Captain LJB's Chronology of Out of Place Artifacts (OOParts)

- Origin Dates are all very, very approximate, of course.
- This Does Not take into account the possibility of hoaxes or million-to-one freaks of nature (with the exception of the crystal skulls, the London hammer, and the Dropa stones--for today they're considered hoaxes and I've eliminated them from the timeline).
- Coal seems to be particular attractive to these anomalies.
- The dates, while crude, were arranged in such as fashion so as to (hopefully) discover a Pattern to advanced prehistorical technology or habitation on Earth.

2.8 Billion B.C.
Metallic spheres with grooves appear in South Africa--hundreds of them. They will be unearthed in the 20th Century. Extraterrestrial?

600 Million B.C.
A decorative, bell-shaped metallic vase is imebedded in rock in Dorchester, Massachusetts. It will be discovered in 1851.

505 Million B.C.
A shoeprint is made in shale in Utah. It will be found in 1968.

400 Million B.C.
A mechanical device consisting of intricate gears becomes inlaid in rock in the Kamchatka peninsula. It will be uncovered in 2012.

360 Million B.C.
A nail becomes imbedded in a block of limestone in Scotland. It will be unearthed from Kingoodie (MyInfield) Quarry in 1844.

(Another nail will be discovered imbedded in quartz in 1851 from California (appoximate age unknown). An undefined "iron instrument" will also be found in an unbroken lump of coal in Scottland in 1852, date also unknown.)

320 Million B.C.
A gold thread is embedded in Carboniferous stone in England. It will be found in 1844.

312 Million B.C.
An iron cup becomes imbedded in coal in Wilburton, Oklahoma. It will be uncovered in 1912.

300 Million B.C.
Coins, stone pillers, half-worked rock, wooden hammer handles, and a large wooden board 8' long and 1" thick are imbedded beneath a limestone bed in Aix-en-Provence, France. Tje discovery will be made in the 1780's while quarrying stone for the rebuilding of the Palace of Justice. The wood will be changed into agate and imbedded in limestone.

286 Million B.C.
A wall of mirror-finished concrete blocks of 12" cubes is built in Heavener, Oklahoma. In addition to a solid block of silver in the shape of a barrel with the prints of staves on it. They will be found in a coal mine in 1928.

?
A carved stone block will be imbedded in coal near Webster, Iowa.
Described as being 2'x1'x4" with hard lines drawn at angles over it forming perfect diamond shapes, the center of each has the identical face of an old man with a forehead indentation. It will be found in 1887.

260 Million B.C.
A gold chain becomes imbedded in coal in Morrisonville, Illinois. It will be found in 1891.

213 Million B.C.
A shoe sole becomes petrified in Nevada. It will be found in 1922.

65 Million B.C.
Metallic tubes are imbedded in a chalk bed in Saint-Jean de Livet, France. They will be unearthed in 1968.

45 Million B.C.
A chalk ball is buried in Laon, France. It will be discovered in 1861.

30 Million B.C.
A modern human tooth is buried in Billings, Montana. It will be found imbedded in minerals in 1926.

20 Million B.C.
A modern child's jawbone, age 6, is encased in Miocene stratum in Tuscany, Italy. It will be discovered in 1958.

2 Million B.C.
A clay figurine of a woman, 1.5" long is buried in Nampa, Idaho. It will be found in 1889.

500,000 B.C.
An object is embedded within a geode during this period, later identified as the spark plug from a Model T Ford (or perhaps it only resembles a spark plug?). It will be discovered in 1961 in the Coso Mountains, 6 miles Northeast of Olancha, California near the top of a 4300' peak.

200,000 B.C.
An engraved copper coin with unidentifiable marking is buried in Lawn Ridge, Marshall County, Illinois. It will be found in 1870.

105,000 B.C.
Modern man in what will be Trenton, N.J. will be found in 1899.

50,000 B.C. (or much older, to 410 million)
A large copper ring, boat-hook, iron spear-shaped hatchet, stone pipes and pottery are imbedded in Whiteside County, Illinois. They will be unearthed in the late 19th Century.

20,000 B.C.
Tiny, screwlike objects as small as 1/10,000" are buried in the Ural mountains.

10,000 B.C.
Massive underground tunnel networks date back at least to this date, from Scotland to Turkey.

4,500 B.C.
Statues of giant reptiles eating humans. Also depictions of Negros, Orientals, bearded Caucasians and Egyptians together--33,000 artifacts--are buried in Mexico. They will be uncovered in 1944.

2,500 B.C.
Copper vases are plated with silver in Sumerian regions of Southern Iraq.

500 B.C.
The Ica stones are etched in Peru, dating back to at least this period.
They depict dinosaurs co-existing with humans, open-heart surgery, brain-transplants, etc. They will be discovered in the 1930s.

100 B.C.
The Antikythera Mechanism is built. It will be recovered from a shipwreck in 1901 off the Greek island.

Ever-burning lamps are said to date back at least this far. They will be found within tombs centuries later.

226 A.D.- 248 B.C.?
The Baghdad Battery is made in a Parthian village, possibly used for electroplating.

316 A.D.
A girdle formed from an alloy of aluminum, copper, and manganese is placed in the tomb of General Chu in China.

900 A.D.
A 6" wooden model aircraft? model is buried in a tomb in Saqquara, Egypt. It will be recovered in 1898.

1,000 A.D.
A cast, bronze buckle-like artifact is buried in Anchorage, Alaska.
It will be discovered in 2011 in 3' of sediment. A copper needle will be found at another Cape Espenberg house.

?
Raised letter-like shapes (1.5" wide by .625" high) in a solid block of marble near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It will be found in 1830 at a depth of 60-70 feet.

?
Various perfectly spherical stone balls are made in Costa Rica, ranging from tennis ball size to 8' in diameter (weighing 16 tons). They will be found in the 1930s.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Kind of makes one think, what else? What if this happened to them 500k years ago...

I would say that its our human brain power thats been mostly responsible for evolutionarily propelling us to where we are now,not our thumbs...

I wonder what a chimps body weight to brain size ratio is compared to humans?

I'm not sure if that matters, a small brain in a smaller body doesn't make one smarter, but their brain is about 1/4 our size. This is also smaller than a gorilla's brain, but they are much smarter than a gorilla though and that is due to the better brain blood flow they have over gorillas. But remember our brain power was not much different than chimps back in the day and we need to look at what caused our brains to develop and not chimps.

If humans never aquired opposable thumbs,where would we be on the evolutionary ladder now?

Humans might be eating foods with more roughage than protein due to gathering only and not hunting too. I would bet we would not be much better off than chimps today.

I wonder if having thumbs,makes a species think more about perfroming complex tasks and then doing those tasks,makes their brains grow a little larger and more powerful with each successive generation?

Could be... Thumbs are the reason we could hunt. It's not like we could run fast, or kill something with our teeth. Our thumbs allowed us to pick up a rock and use it as a tool...then we chipped the rock to make better tools...then we added things like sticks to the rock....

Hunting was huge for us...meat is protein i.e. brain food... We had a diet of meat, roots, berries and nuts, and that is a good recipe to get a big brain. As we talked before about how our brain has actually reduced slightly in size when we switched to farming (grain diet) shows just how important hunter/gatherer was to the development of homo, and without opposable thumbs we would never have done that.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join