It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

Which are real, which are fake? I don't know. I'm the first to admit that. The ones which I've deliberately thrown out have been "proven" (note the quotes!) to be hoaxes, and the leading one here are the infamous Crystal Skulls (especially that clear beauty supposedly found in South America--there are contradictory histories revolving around it of how the discoverer's daughter found it in an ancient site vs. some auction purchase--I think a sales receipt proves the latter). But going against this is decades of "it would take hundreds of years to make by hand" and "the crystal is cut Against the grain" but I'm going with the Hoax because that's the latest analysis which keeps turning up.

That's a good sign.

Please note that the majority of those claims are completely unevidenced. IIRC, the bell that supposedly was blown out of a coal seam is on display somewhere - but with no evidence that it actually was ever encased in coal.

All the stories are just that - stories. tales of items being found embedded in coal cannot therefore be substantiated at all.

I didn't read your entire list because after the first five or so items, I saw that it was the same old list I've seen a million times before.

Most items mentioned don't exist anywhere for inspection, and several are known or suspected hoaxes.

Rather than put the burden of proiof on the responders, you do realize (I hope) that, since it was you that used these claims for part of an argument, substantiating the claims is your responsibility and not the responsibility of those that find them unbelievable.

The good news is that a great many (and maybe all) of them have been addressed here at ATS in the past. The bad news is that ATS' search function leaves much to be desired.

I would recommend using Google to search under the ATS domain name for each item.

Like this:

Put in your search term, followed by "site:abovetopsecret.com" without the quotation marks.

See here

Harte

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

That "needed dose of reality" is going to give me a heart attack one of these days. Everytime I see the thing my heart speeds up...

It's Evil!

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous heart!"
source: link

If you click the "stop" button on your browser (at least on IE this works), you can make the beating stop before you go insane and dismember me and hide my body parts under your floor.

Harte

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Our highly evolved brains making us think and believe we are are the dominant species of earths biosphere,our assumed superior technology and our masks of false grandeur we all wear for ourselves and eachother will be able to do nothing about withstanding the immense cataclysms that will be unleashed upon us some unforseen day by the collision of earth with a relatively large,but actually very small asteroid or comet, which in reality,could strike the earth twenty times faster than a bullet before i finish typing this sentence...

Unless of course someone happens to have royal elite blood flowing through their veins,because those of us that do,are well aware that they will have a fighting chance for survival within their atomic blast proof subterranean bunkers,while we,their expendable commodities,are intentionally left upon the surface to be mostly annihilated by whatever horrible apocalypse they know is fast approaching us...

Let me say another thing,i cant wait to go vote,i cant wait to praise another false leader,i cant wait to listen to more of their lies,i cant wait for them to leave us alone and exposed,waiting for our untimely deaths...
edit on 7-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yeah, reminded me of Poe...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

All the information I have for them is There.

Frankly, it's not very much.

Yeah, I could provide links but they in turn give me links to similar sites who barely get me anywhere.

Exactly. Most of these claims have no primary evidence at all - just fringe websites referencing each other in an endless circle of nonsense.

Why do I even Bother?

I don't know - why do you think?

Which are real, which are fake? I don't know. I'm the first to admit that.

Well, I'll ask again - how do you know they all aren't fake?

The ones which I've deliberately thrown out have been "proven" (note the quotes!) to be hoaxes, and the leading one here are the infamous Crystal Skulls (especially that clear beauty supposedly found in South America--there are contradictory histories revolving around it of how the discoverer's daughter found it in an ancient site vs. some auction purchase--I think a sales receipt proves the latter). But going against this is decades of "it would take hundreds of years to make by hand" and "the crystal is cut Against the grain" but I'm going with the Hoax because that's the latest analysis which keeps turning up.

The Crystal Skulls are actually one up on most of the stuff you posted. In that some actual skulls do exist. Most likely made in 19th century jewellers in Germany, but at least they exist. The stuff you posted is largely just stories that have been doing the rounds for a while.

Bottom line: I Don't Know. You guys think you've got all the answers, you do the work.

You make the claims, you do the work.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No matter what out of time,out of place evidence and artifacts that have been found,are being found,or ever will be found,there will always be one group of non-believers who will proclaim those objects have been proved false and there will always be another group of believers who will proclaim those objects as having been proved real and unfortunately,how can we ever know for sure if they were really proved false or not? But they have been found and they do remain,withering and fading away a little more everyday and the fact that there actually exists strange out of time out of place evidence and artifacts,lends credence to their validity...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be,

There's a saying that the winners of historical battles rewrite history from their perspective and with their bias. For example, after World War I the Allied powers did not punish themselves even though crimes were perpetuated by both sides. With that said, this is but one of many examples. Who knows for sure if human civilizations existed and then were wiped up both literally and figuratively from the record for the benefit of the victors. Food for thought.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Except Harte says it's a lot of crap...

And another little bit of lost ancient tech:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I guess if people lived in underground stone cities they couldn't rely on candlelight.
Just like the pyramids in Egypt.

But let's all just keep a closed mind.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Except Harte says it's a lot of crap...

And another little bit of lost ancient tech:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I guess if people lived in underground stone cities they couldn't rely on candlelight.
Just like the pyramids in Egypt.

But let's all just keep a closed mind.

I've already proven that it is your mind that is closed.

Closed and tightly gripping down to prevent the obvious (diorite pounding balls) from leaking in and spoiling the adventure that is your world view.

I gave you the means to investigate your own claims. Yet here you sit pretending nobody here has ever looked into these things and people such as myself merely sit back and "proclaim" this or that is real or this or that is not.

I've put in my time on these things. You're refusing to put in yours.

Harte

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

"Closed mind" you say? I'm usually accused of having too Open a mind--and that's why I'm on here as opposed to being on the sister site "Below Top Secret (Accept Ignorance)."

Okay, how about going through the list and debunking them one by one. Numerous reports have multiple witnesses ("the coal broke apart and it was There, and you can even see the Imprint in the other side" kind of thing). Do you really think there's money to be made in hoaxes like these? All I would see are people being discredited, called liars, disgraced, even losing any sort of merit in their professions...

If that's not challenging enough, take on the Giants. Or is there some psych disease dating back centuries which compels guys to construct bogus skeletons only to have them carted away to nowhere? And no, I'm not talking about modern-day forged photos and Internet hoaxes. Most of these predate the Internet.

And turn off that damned beating Thing! I can't Think with that thump-thump-thump going on! Someone aught to drive a stake through it!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Egyptian Artifacts In The Grand Canyon - The Phoenix Gazette - April 5,1909 > www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
200,000 Year Old Human Metropolis Found In Africa > www.viewzone.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Underwater Cities-Ruins And Urban Archeology-7 Submerged Wonders of the World >
weburbanist.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
New research suggests the waters of the Persian Gulf may be hiding a lost civilization that could change our understanding of human history > www.aolnews.com...

Lost Civilization Beneath The Persian Gulf Confirms Genesis History Of Humanity > www.reasons.org...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here Are Several Well Known Examples Of Underwater Structures Around The world And Their Existence Raises Questions Over The Established View Of Prehistoric Events >
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

^
!
!

READ THEM!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

"Closed mind" you say? I'm usually accused of having too Open a mind--and that's why I'm on here as opposed to being on the sister site "Below Top Secret (Accept Ignorance)."

Your mind is demonstrably closed to any information that might tend to explain, in a mundane fashion, what you consider to be an "ancient mystery."

Originally posted by CaptainLJBOkay, how about going through the list and debunking them one by one.

Feel free. I showed you the best way to search here.

You can read all about the supposed "spheres" found in an African mine on the Talkorigins website. Here's a link to their archive search page: TalkOrigins Archive.

Fantastic tales were routinely printed in newspapers a hundred (or two) years ago. It was a competitive business and the Weekly World News had yet to come into being in those days.

You can probably find a lot of other info on that site I linked as well.

Find Doug's Archaeology site. Try the Catchpenny Mysteries website. Look for The Antiquity of Man website. Look at the Skeptic's Dictionary and skeptic wiki. Frank Doernenburg also addresses many of these on his website, IIRC.

Originally posted by CaptainLJBAnd turn off that damned beating Thing! I can't Think with that thump-thump-thump going on! Someone aught to drive a stake through it!

Turn it off yourself. I already told you how. Be careful! Don't let it squirt on you!

Harte

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Anyone can post links to sites which prove or disprove said argument. That's cheap. I could do the same but what would be the point?

The bottom line: They're Not All Hoaxes. Sure, some are, but not all of them. There are simply Too Many.

I wonder if it's your "job" to knock them down. Being Paid to do it maybe...
If Bigfoot were to come out of the woods right now, grab you by the balls and lift you 12 feet into the air, you'd deny it ever happened.

For all I know, you Might Be Bigfoot, typing in a cave somewhere...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Those numerous lost civilizations discussed and analyzed within the links above,now buried deep beneath the rising ocean,caused by prehistoric global cataclysms and a warming world that melted the ice and snow of the most recent glaciation,are all of a relatively recent nature,all within the past 100,000 or 200,000 years or so and they themselves could alter most of what we have been led to believe about our ancient history and knowing that many other ice ages have occurred on earth,its not very difficult to realize that numerous other even earlier human civilizations may have arisen and fallen many hundreds of thousands and even millions of years ago,that are now mostly and entirely erased within the distant and forgotten past of extremely ancient human history...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Anyone can post links to sites which prove or disprove said argument. That's cheap. I could do the same but what would be the point?

However, it was you that actually did post what you found at one of those cheap sites, not me.

I'm merely suggesting that you might put some effort into seeing what the deal is on each item on your Ooparts list you posted from some cheap website. Even gave you some suggested sites.

You're the one that (apparently) doesn't care to even see if there might be more to those claims (or less.)

The bottom line: They're Not All Hoaxes. Sure, some are, but not all of them. There are simply Too Many.

Steven King is the author of dozens of novels and hundreds of short stories.

"They can't all be fictional, there's too many!"

Right. That makes a lot of sense.

They're not all hoaxes, you're right. Some of them are outright lies, some of them are interpretations made by people ignorant of the actual facts and some of them are purposeful mischaracterizations of actual facts, mischaracterized, I should say, in order to sensationalize them and thus create more book sales or otherwise generate money.

I wonder if it's your "job" to knock them down. Being Paid to do it maybe...

I wish there was such a paid position. I'd certainly apply!

I've been accused of this before, btw.

If Bigfoot were to come out of the woods right now, grab you by the balls and lift you 12 feet into the air, you'd deny it ever happened.

Hey now, I never said anything about Bigfoot, other than to make fun of that "Ancient Aliens" episode!

Around here, I try to stick to areas where I have some knowledge, if not expertise. I don't know enough about BF to say yea or nay on him. Personally, I tend to believe in him. That probably surprises you.

I'm an engineer by training, but I have over 30 years experience trying to find out the truth about exactly the sorts of things you're asking about.

That's right, I started before the internet was invented.

For all I know, you Might Be Bigfoot, typing in a cave somewhere...

Obviously, I'm a skunk ape, not a big foot. Get your species right, man!

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join