It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Not so long ago,perhaps 10 or 20,000 years ago? exactly where i'm living right now,was buried beneath mountains of ice and snow more than a mile high! Seriously,think about that! and those mountains of ice and snow have been advancing and receding many,many times for hundreds of millions of years at least and our entire present day human civilization has been able to advance to where we are now,only because we have rapidly evolved in-between ice ages...

edit on 9-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Why do we believe something is a fact? Why do we believe anything is a fact? because someone taught us or told us they are,thats why.Everything we believe to be facts,are the results of other people telling us to think they are,but does that mean they really are facts? not at all.Because they are nothing more than reflections of the currently enforced belief structure,which changes a little or a lot,with every new generation of people.So in reality,nothing is a fact,because they are only temporary ways of thinking about things we take for granted,only looking at their illusory face value,while knowing very little about them...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
You don't believe in conspiracies? They exist, you know, but they're usually not called conspiracies but cover-ups or something much more mundane. Like "cleaning house" or "downsizing" when it comes to framing company employees to justify firing them so they can be replaced by near-minimum wage new employees. I've been there.

The big question is why cover it up? AND how could they cover it up? Like I said, these conspiracies run down the path of some giant government agency that is all knowing and all powerful...just not there. One of you suggested everytime a "giant" is found it disappears to prevent the "real" story from getting out...this is what I mean as needing a conspiracy to provide the lack of evidence.

As I said, if you lack evidence and then there is a conspiracy to provide the reason, then the real reason is that there just isn't any evidence, but people do not want to believe that, so they create out of thin air a reason why there is no evidence.

The old men in black scenario....

edit on 9-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

We probably have the same situation here with outright hoaxes and lies inserted. A prime example being all the forged photos of giant skulls and whatnot. Just show All this information to someone and that someone will most likely reject it all outright at bunk.

Or, it could be (couldn't it?) that the hoaxers realized there is money to be made by propagating a lie, so they do so.

The fake giant photos are part of a long tradition of fake giants. The Cardiff Giant comes to mind. It was faked by carving it (from chalk, IIRC.) I guess there was no photoshop then, eh?

What xtrozero was saying is that, if you rely on a conspiracy to explain why you can't produce any evidence for your theory, then chances are your theory is wrong.

Especially when you can't show any evidence of the conspiracy either!

Surely you must be able to see this viewpoint.

If it weren't for this, then every single claim that anyone could possibly make could be "proven" by the existence of some non-evidenced conspiracy. Including the existence of the very same conspiracy that "proves" the claim!

Harte
edit on 5/9/2012 by Harte because: fat fingers

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You're swapping around cause and effect here. To put it another way, first we have these oddities such as Giant remains being discovered--and then the evidence disappearing. (Mind you, this is similar to the other thread next door on "Why is the Smithsonian Covering up Research on Giants" and they parallel one another because the territory is very much the same). All I can do is speculate upon what would happen should the truth get out about Giants having existing in the remote past. It would screw up the whole fossil record timeline because another branch of humanity would have to be factored in. More to the point, Giants signifies large humanoids with large skulls. Large skulls equals large brains. This goes counter to proto-humans with smaller cranial capacities. All this would tip off researchers to start digging for Answers. Answers would lead to an ancient, high-tech global civilization which in turn would trigger a hunt for ancient high-tech (and presumably the origin place of these Giants). In turn there would be an archaeological "arms race" of sorts to uncover old knowledge. There is a theory that this is precisely what happened during WW II with Adolf Hitler sending expeditions around the world to lay his hands on ancient wisdom. If you read some of the recent declassified documents and, better yet, the books on Nazi tech recently published, you'll note that these guys were Way ahead in technological fields almost beyond comprehension. Synthetic gasoline, super-lubricants, aircraft prototypes, some say even on the verge of zero-point energy and nuclear fusion. There's also a good chunk of evidence to suggest that the Nazis built flying saucer ships right before being defeated. This guy was supposedly knocked off because he found some documents to prove some of it: jamestdixon.last-memories.com...
These things were all covered up--err, uh, let's say "glossed over"--in the various government documents. How did they manage so many breakthroughs in so short a period of time? Ancient knowledge, even ancient tech, recovered by troops dispatched to places like India, Tibet... Would the world want a Repeat of this sort of thing Again? It's best to Cover It All Up. Because One Thing leads to another which leads to another. Thus: Giants don't exist. UFOs don't exist. Ancient (Hi-Tech) Civilizations don't exist. Best to just forget about the distant past and pretend it never happened. But what do I know? I'm trying to get answers by hanging around here, and I find myself getting gunned down every direction I turn. I thought maybe I could get some straight information to support my theories, from people who've seen these things first-hand. No. Instead it's like entering a bloody battle zone. All we need now are some teenage jerks to come on this site and start name-calling. That's how it was elsewhere, on other sites, not too long ago. I learned to shut my mouth and keep my ideas to myself. Until now, that is.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

We probably have the same situation here with outright hoaxes and lies inserted. A prime example being all the forged photos of giant skulls and whatnot. Just show All this information to someone and that someone will most likely reject it all outright at bunk.

Or, it could be (couldn't it?) that the hoaxers realized there is money to be made by propagating a lie, so they do so.

The fake giant photos are part of a long tradition of fake giants. The Cardiff Giant comes to mind. It was faked by carving it (from chalk, IIRC.) I guess there was no photoshop then, eh?

What xtrozero was saying is that, if you rely on a conspiracy to explain why you can't produce any evidence for your theory, then chances are your theory is wrong.

Especially when you can't show any evidence of the conspiracy either!

Surely you must be able to see this viewpoint.

If it weren't for this, then every single claim that anyone could possibly make could be "proven" by the existence of some non-evidenced conspiracy. Including the existence of the very same conspiracy that "proves" the claim!

Harte
edit on 5/9/2012 by Harte because: fat fingers

You're not paying attention to what I'm typing.

And right on, I'll give you the Cardiff Giant. In fact, I'll hand it to you as an example of which I've been typing about. Real Giant remains are discovered. Then it becomes "necessary" to invent a big, blooming Giant hoax like the Cardiff Giant as a show to all that ALL Giants are fakes. Investigators will See the fake, shut their mouths and take it as evidence that They're ALL fakes. It's the simplest ploy! It even works on you to this very day! The results are spectacular! Yet let's just ignore this ONE Hoax for now and look at all these Other cases of Giant remains scattered all over the U.S... Different now, isn't it? Discovered in different places at different times. Yet curiously the same pattern of mound burials. Or is there some one-upmanship motivation to Outdo each others Giant hoax?

As for evidence... Well, if the bones are being Disposed Of wherever they're found, there's not going to be any Evidence, now is there? Or if they're all sent off to the Smithsonian and the place "loses" them... Multiple times from different excavation sites...

Oh, what's the use. I've wasted enough time here.
You'll be done with me when I have a heart attack.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You're swapping around cause and effect here. To put it another way, first we have these oddities such as Giant remains being discovered--and then the evidence disappearing.

The real problem with the above sentence is the phrase "we have."

Sorry, no, we don't "have."

Nobody has.

Nobody has ever had.

Originally posted by CaptainLJBAll I can do is speculate upon what would happen should the truth get out about Giants having existing in the remote past. It would screw up the whole fossil record timeline because another branch of humanity would have to be factored in.

Sorry, but that wouldn't screw up anything.

It's happened at least three different times in my lifetime alone. (Denisovan, Hobbits and Gautengensis) and maybe more. I didn't notice anything getting screwed up.

Originally posted by CaptainLJB More to the point, Giants signifies large humanoids with large skulls. Large skulls equals large brains. This goes counter to proto-humans with smaller cranial capacities.

If large brains equals large intelligence, then why aren't the whales killing us, instead of the other way around?

And yes, it goes counter to Proto Humans. Counter to Proto Humans whose fossils we have, available for anyone to study.

Tell me again, where do I find these giant fossils?

Oh, that's right. There aren't any.

And you don't wonder why that might be?

Speaking of large brains, you know, don't you, that the Neandertal brain was actually larger than ours is today? Why didn't that lead to a big coverup and the discovery of ancient civilizations?

Harte

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

And right on, I'll give you the Cardiff Giant. In fact, I'll hand it to you as an example of which I've been typing about.

I'm starting to suspect you are just trolling. That's one of the most famous hoax cases around - the giant was made of gypsum.

P.T Barnum even created a fake of the fake! Which I think is just fantastic. By the way, did you know the expression "There's a sucker born every minute" was actually coined in reaction to all the crowds who queued up to pay and see the model?

I suspect several suckers are actually born every minute.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Re-read what I typed. I SAID the Cardiff Giant was a fake. But many "genuine" Giants preceded it. It was therefore created to muckup the whole issue over the existence of Giants.

I see a flying saucer in the air! I photograph it. I report it. Next day some government-paid truck parks outside my house. The truck has a large colorful banner on it which reads "Custom flying saucer frisbee discs! Get em while their hot. All sizes. All makes. All models. Real Cheap!" Yeah, like I'm going to be Believed. I'm going to look like an asshole!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Maybe if your skeletons were found wearing forged armor, we wouldn't be hearing about them Now!

Unlike that under-developed Hobbit critter.

Maybe if the whales had Arms and Legs and Digits it would also be a different story today.

Did someone say trolling? That someone doesn't know the meaning of the word. Especially considering that I'm one of the few people actually supporting the thread's subject line. Everyone else is pissing all over it. I don't see "Men's Room" in there. Might as well shut it down since the moral majority KNOW it's bunk, right? Well, that only reinforces my opinion that there's some truth to it.

edit on 9-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I like to keep going back to virgin earth/moon... Why has not all the oil been used up long before we came along....why not other metals used up too....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Any possibility of an advanced Human Civilization would be found in the Fossil Records. Right now we have pieces of plastic in Land Fills that will do degrade for 500,000 years or more so...unless these people were really big on building Brown Paper Bag Skyscrapers...we would have found something.
Split Infinity

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

How Long Does It Take For Common Items To Biodegrade?

Nothing Lasts Very Long...Except...Glass...

The earth is around 4,500,000,000 years old and modern humans have been walking around for only about 200,000 years

Glass Bottle-Approximately-1,000,000 Years
Plastic 6-Pack Collar-450 Years
Aluminum Can-200-500 Years
Plastic Jug-70 Years
Rubber Boot Sole-50-80 Years
Steel Can-50 Years
Leather-Up To-50 Years
Nylon Fabric-30-40 Years
Plastic Film Canister-20-30 Years
Painted Wooden Stake-13 Years
Degradable Plastic Bag-10-20 Years
Disposable Diapers-10-20 Years
Wool Clothing-1-5 Years
Cigarette Butt-1-5 Years
Cotton Rag-1-5 Months
Orange Peel/Banana Peel-2-5 Weeks
Piece Of Paper-2-4 Weeks
Traffic Tickets-2-4-Weeks
Rolled Newspaper-2-6 Weeks
Candy Wrapper-1-3 Months
Rope-3-14 Months

www.dot.state.pa.us...

They Forgot Two...Human Love-3-5 years...Human Hate-Eternal...(*-*)
edit on 10-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Crystalline iron nanoparticle shuttle enclosed within the hollow of a multiwalled carbon nanotube will keep data for a billion years...

Crap on the moon billions of years....

Rock dated 4.38 billion years

Takes about 2 billion years to make oil...so if we went through many civilizations then why has earth's oil be virgin territory for us. I've asked this a few times, and I'm starting to think you understand what I'm asking...

Oh ya Twinkie billions of years...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

As far as oil goes,there are many theories,that have been pushed aside and hushed up (what else is new?) about there existing much more oil than we are led to believe there is and that oil is nowhere near as old as we are told to think it is.But as long as the mainstream sheeple continue to "think" that oil is old,depleting and expensive to obtain,tptb will be able to continue financially raping us over oil and gasoline and they will continue charging us whatever outrageous prices they feel like nailing us with and our choices are,obey and adhere,or become homeless and die...

Ancient civilizations now erased and forgotten,did not have to be a paper,metal plastic,enslaved by money society,to have been able to arise to an advanced state.We are so totally greed driven and posessed by the way we are forced to live,that its almost impossible for most people to even imagine living anyother way...

edit on 10-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Ancient civilizations now erased and forgotten,did not have to be a paper,metal plastic,enslaved by money society,to have been able to arise to an advanced state.We are so totally greed driven and posessed by the way we are forced to live,that its almost impossible for most people to even imagine living anyother way...

So they were not human then....

BTW another conspiracy to fill in the gaps...this time its oil, or how old it is and how much....

In the end we need to do a lot of speculations to make any of this happen, and we need to do that because there just isn't nothing to put our fingers on.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Oil, as a conspiracy or otherwise, is probably the topic of another thread somewhere else or should be. The latest thing I've heard is the notion that it is Not a fossil fuel. www.rense.com... This conclusion's been spreading around for a few years now and is quite fascinating and what's even more shocking is that it's been postulated over and over again for a very long time. Considering how oil is viewed as an all-too-precious commodity which dries up and is worth killing for, it fits right into the mold of it being another big lie hoisted on the public. In fact, it's quite a motivator and used to justify Anything and Everything.

Blocula's right as usual. Just because Our civilization is a buy-buy/spend-spend one based upon greedy Capitalism and mass-production, gotta-buy-the-latest-thing does Not mean that another (ancient) one has to be patterned the same way. In other words, to be a global civilization does Not necessarily require the need to pollute the whole planet, much less with non-bio-degradable plastic water bottles and other junk. There Are other ways and, personally, I don't believe in a super-society needing to be one which overpopulates and rapes the planet for all its got. Civilizations don't need to be material-based to dominate the planet--Not if their values and principles reflect the greater whole and not a pyramid-like power structure of mega-rich overlords where luxury and its attainment is valued above all else. Yeah, it's Hard to think of such a world from Our limited perspective and lifelong brainwashing, but it's not impossible. One could almost take the stand that greed and the establishment which led to our hateful world is what's killing it now and allowed the past to be buried from history.

Another false issue: They'd have colonized the moon and other planets. Really? We're a global civilization right now and We haven't had any such luck. Who says that another one would have? Especially one which destroyed itself which Ours is paralleling. Okay, alternatively maybe they did make it to the Moon. Maybe they did colonize it at the height of their rein. Maybe the colony attempt flopped from lack of supplies/resources and they died out. Or maybe they're still there, living within a lava tube complex deep beneath the lunar surface. We wouldn't know the truth either way with the governments covering it all up!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Think about the native americans of the north and south americas,who lived in harmony with nature for many thousands of years and who survived that incredibly long time period without money,without bibles,without prisons and they didnt even have words for stealing and then along came the greed driven europeans,at war with nature,who seem to enjoy killing everything they dont understand, including many millions of native americans during one of the most evil and protracted genocides ever perpetrated and in a little over three hundred years,the hell bent europeans have torn asunder and ripped apart the north american continent and during that frighteningly short period of time,they have managed to warp and twist and destroy their natural surroundings and have nefariously enslaved eachother to materialistic illusions...
edit on 11-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Think about the native americans of the north and south americas,who lived in harmony with nature ...

Yes. And think about the millions of pounds of ceramics and stone implements they left behind. Have they disintegrated yet?

BTW, some tribes actually ruined their environments.

Harte

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Think about the native americans of the north and south americas,who lived in harmony with nature ...

Yes. And think about the millions of pounds of ceramics and stone implements they left behind. Have they disintegrated yet?

BTW, some tribes actually ruined their environments.

Harte

Resting on the ocean floor are probably whole Cities or what's left of them. Tides and currents have probably done a find job of grinding much of them up. And tsunamis and sea quakes... Not so if they're buried a few feet beneath the surface on dry land which ipretty much constitutes the majority of that's been recovered to fit a specific archaeological timetable. Once that was put in place, it didn't take much to discredit and discard anything which came along which didn't fit into it. Redating this or that. Allowing a skeleton to go missing. Screaming fraud or hoax.

Still haven't found the missing link either.

Here's another interesting thread about the Smithsonian CoverUp which was suddenly SHUT DOWN a few years ago by one of your buddies:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I naturally rectified that situation!
Amazing what typing "Hairy Man" can do to distract people from the truth. Cheap but effective.
I'm naturally too well-read on the subject matter to fall for such cheap diversionary tactics.

If this keeps up I'm going to have to organize a raid on the Smithsonian vaults. Probably end up running head-first into you there, sitting atop a 10' skeleton typing on ATS!

That damned thing's beating again!

edit on 11-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join