It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A news bulletin on CNN declares a large hidden object 4 times the size of Jupiter in the outer reac

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It seems that a lot of people just accept whatever youtube tells them these days. Which is pretty disconcerting. You would think people on a site like this would be a bit more skeptical.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

iReport is a user-generated section of CNN.com. The stories here come from users. CNN has vetted only the stories marked with the "CNN" badge. MORE...

This was on CNN alright but it was on the CNN page that allows reports by subscribers. So that means that it's just another probably bogus thing made to look like the REAL CNN is saying it. Too bad I know... That's life.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by Neopan100

what i mean is its cut at the start and the end of the report.. so it seems like it is being announced. maybe cutting out the bit stating it is a theory or speculation..

Yes, you are 150% MisterLondon.. leave it to the fearmongerers to do exactly just that.. I watched that story it was only a speculation story as far as the internet hype is concerned.. OP posted this in another forum yesterday too but failed to explain the video was cut short, and claimed it was a magical peice of evidence to back up his theory on Nibiru.. Nibiru still does not exist just as much as it didn't yesterday and the day before that.
edit on 15-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Four words prove it's b.s. (in this case at least)

"NOT VETTED BY CNN"

Next.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah old article. They seem to refute the Nemesis theory which is lame. It has a lot of good evidence behind it, the only thing missing being the detection of our companion star. Scientists looking for an extremely large dwarf star on the outer fringes of the solar system makes me think that is what they may be trying to prove. Here's a great link about the theory for those who are unfamiliar with it

www.binaryresearchinstitute.com...

There are also several great threads on here about it. It seemed like the best answer to a lot of my questions about the nature of the solar system, comets, planet x, etc.

edit on 8/15/2011 by martianmallow because: ........

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

65 million years ago the dinosaurs were wiped out, then mammals rose to dominance. What if our end is right around the corner. Plus I heard that our Sun is odd for not having a companion, like most binary star systems.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by timidgal

65 million years ago the dinosaurs were wiped out, then mammals rose to dominance.

65 Million years and humans are STILL gullible.... sad...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Has not been seen, however, they are rolling Stereo B to look at it 2 hours a day????

That is dedicated to the sun and they roll to look at a comet????

You, my friend, may want to get in touch with reality.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

65 million years ago the dinosaurs were wiped out, then mammals rose to dominance. What if our end is right around the corner.

Ok, but that really doesn't provide any evidence to the existance of Nibiru.. what if the sky turns light pruple instead of light blue?

Plus I heard that our Sun is odd for not having a companion, like most binary star systems.

You heard? Where did you "hear" this credible info from? I would like a link to something so I can "hear" it too

edit on 15-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Can someone please explain this to one me?

Sun glare or something?? It surely isn't as large as it looks..

Edit.. nm... my fault.. I should have read the entire description and watched the entire video before I commented.
I only scrolled to the 0:13 part with the "sun growing"
edit on 15-8-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JaeBea

Because STEREO B is being rolled its observations of the Sun are not interrupted. It's a nice target of opportunity. A chance to learn a bit more about comets.
Have you seen the latest images BTW?

There are animations as well.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

When the main stream media runs stories on things you do not agree with, it is corrupt and a conspiracy.
When they run stories you agree with, you rep them and support them in every way.

Make up your mind..

If a giant comet will wipe us out, it will - if not, this theory among all the other apocalyptic events who were supposed to hit us by now, will be nothing more than a page in the ATS history book of doom mongering.

Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have been an ATS follower for a long time. These are my thoughts on the matter. First, ask yourself this question, why would the government confirm a massive object that could be heading this way? What would they gain from it? nothing, because why would tell the people that something is heading this way and they have no idea what it is? it would create wide spread panic. Second off, about half of the population on this planet would go crazy and start going against a civil society (for example, look at what is happening in europe). Human nature is to fear the unknown, and to keep secrets until the secrets can’t be kept any longer. Another example, the only reason why we really know what is going on in europe is not because of the newspapers, or news networks but because society is sharing more information on a wide spread basis. Which was not the ability 15 or even 10 years ago. This relates to the topic, mainly on the basis of indicating that the news networks only cover what is beneficial to there networks and the government. in addition, as society starts to share information on a wide spread basis it forces the news and government agencies to release information. Which is what is being presented in the video, a release of information that we all have spread and share online.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rodrigra

Negative. What you have is information on a theoretical subject that was cut short to appear as though CNN was announcing a fact: "Nibiru, 10 times the mass of Jupiter is outside our solar system right now!!" No.. it's not. Find me some credible evidence that would back up that video from YouTube.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Now they say it, NASA saw it coming and they didn't even let a whisper get out in the mainstream media. warned it's employees to prep up and stock on food, which I think was kind of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
why does he say heres the winner at the start of the video.. im wondering has this been cut on purpose and is taken out of context.

You Choose is where viewers can vote on how the show should end. The winner was the story on the hidden objects.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
at least someone else understand the cover up that the media puts over our heads.. for example, somethings extreme happens across the world in todays age the internet and sites like ATS know first and then if the media chooses to cover it, then it becomes news.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"We're doomed."

edit on 15-8-2011 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Actually there's not really any evidence supporting Nemesis. The reason it was proposed in the first place is because a paper was published in the 80s that said there was a periodicity to mass extinctions. However, this was later found to be false. Therefore, there was no longer any need for the Nemesis hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Yes, if our solar system were binary it would be odd for it not to have a second star, as the term binary refers to two stars. However, our Sun is solitary as are most stars we have found.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join