It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A news bulletin on CNN declares a large hidden object 4 times the size of Jupiter in the outer reac

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Can someone please explain this to one me?

I have no credentials and a very limited knowledge of astronomy, surely the first object seen to light up the sky is something strange?

Seems too bright to be the moon, yeah?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I saw this earlier and was debating as to whether or not it was worth making a thread on. When I saw this actually being posted here - I was hoping the OP would supply more information.

I understand that passing on Main stream media is "important" to some - but for the most part I feel this video is nothing more than Fear Mongering.

I am not trying to "debunk" anything. I am just exercising my distrust for main stream media.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Bullocks! Just read the article and it is a hypothesis. NOTHING has been discovered!

Right you are, sir. At the top of the article, it says "Not vettet by CNN," meaning they posted it without verifying the facts...so it might as well just be a speculative YouTube video made by one of your kids.

So much for that.

Next?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I saw this earlier and was debating as to whether or not it was worth making a thread on. When I saw this actually being posted here - I was hoping the OP would supply more information.

I understand that passing on Main stream media is "important" to some - but for the most part I feel this video is nothing more than Fear Mongering.

I am not trying to "debunk" anything. I am just exercising my distrust for main stream media.

I feel the same way, I trust the MSM as much as I trust NASA but I felt it was still worthy of discussion all the same.

I suspect that Nibiru/Planet X/Nemesis whatever you want to call it is closer than being reported.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

No.
It's the Moon. The nice full one on August 13th at about 7:00 PM. It's really not difficult. You can see the shadow of Mauna Kea from the setting Sun.

www.timeanddate.com...

You make it too damned easy for the youtube hacks.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No.
It's the Moon. The nice full one on August 13th at about 7:00 PM. It's really not difficult. You can see the shadow of Mauna Kea from the setting Sun.

www.timeanddate.com...

You make it too damned easy for the youtube hacks.

Thanks for that. Is it so large and bright due to the elevation of the telescope? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

It's large and bright because the camera is sensitive.

Please stop blindly accepting what youtube posters claim. Just because he says "IT'S NOT THE MOON" don't believe him. Think. Go outside. Look for yourself. What do you see?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Look for yourself. What do you see?

I see a lawn that needs cutting.

Dangit.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Me too.
But it's night time (yeah!)
Full moon though (boo!)
Neighbors will get pissed (yeah!)
I'll do it later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It's large and bright because the camera is sensitive.

Please stop blindly accepting what youtube posters claim. Just because he says "IT'S NOT THE MOON" don't believe him. Think. Go outside. Look for yourself. What do you see?

There is no need for the condescending attitude.

I apologise if I came across as 'blindly' accepting this video.

I actually sought a more viable reason and you gave it to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I didn't intend to be condescending.
I was pleading for rationality, common sense, critical thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Why is the assumption made that this is "Nibiru"? It is irrational and unreasonable to jump to any conclusions as to what it is, let alone a fabled planet of gene-manipulating, gold-lusting demi-gods.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Good find OP. The fact that our Sun is in a binary system is a cause for concern due to the fact NASA hasn't yet officially told us that it is as they're only revealing small pieces of the full story
edit on 15-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The video is pure speculation and based on zero evidence.

Sure there will always be surprises when space is involved but falling for the fear mongering of people who believe in an imaginary planet on an impossible 3600 year orbit doesn't say much about your understanding of science and astronomy. So which myth are you promoting Niburu, planet x, or nemesis? If it is Nibiru than a simple application of Keplers third law will debunk the 3600 year orbit. If it is planet x that was a hypothesis that did not stand up to scrutiny. If it is Nemesis than there is a big goose egg when it comes to evidence.

I hate to see people misrepresenting science in order to promote unwarranted fear and lure people into the intrigue of conspiracy while completely ignoring facts.

Nemesis was a completely different idea from planet x and has zero evidence. Using old youtube videos with screenshots of MSM articles says absolutely nothing. Here are some recent articles about the myth of Nemesis.

debunked

impact rate

myth

no nemesis

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Both of these men work for the same agency, one is sending a message to the public, one is sending a different message to the employees of NASA.

Not this again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why must people keep posting the same thing over and over again?
edit on 15-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Good luck with that.

2nd etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I wonder if this is the same planet(tres 2b) that yahoo had a article on about a week ago. The Article talks about a planet found in 2006 using the kevlar telescope that was so black it made charcoal look shiny. I cant copy and paste link but huffingpost has a video on it. The dailymail.co.uk has the article.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
you seriously think CNN would use a retarded sentence like
"dwarf star or planet found in our solar system".

Funny

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that is considered harassment around these parts of the ole web. I'm pretty sure most people didn't go too far past this after reading the outrageous thread title.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
you seriously think CNN would use a retarded sentence like
"dwarf star or planet found in our solar system".

Funny

I starred your post BY ACCIDENT

To answer your question, yes.

Evidence is mounting that either a brown dwarf star or a gas giant planet is lurking at the outermost reaches of our solar system, far beyond Pluto. The theoretical object, dubbed Tyche, is estimated to be four times the size of Jupiter and 15,000 times farther from the sun than Earth, according to a story in the British paper The Independent.
news.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 15-8-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join