It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The military is not stretched thin at all. There are very long waiting lists to get in and most branches have shut the doors entirely for awhile unless its a recruit with a very high ASVAB score. They are even offering early discharge to some military members.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to this young mans family. The bottom line is that we are not getting the care needed when we return home from deployments. The va needs a total overhaul, it is a system that is just like everything else in this country,broken. And with these cuts coming up, They are going to dice va benefits and the care we receive will be drasstically reduced. I have a problem with all the homeless vets, that is a disgrace. These brave men and women fought for this country and they kick them to the streets, its disguisting. and the politicians should be hung for treason left and right. Semper Fi

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
My thoughts and prayers go out to this young mans family. The bottom line is that we are not getting the care needed when we return home from deployments. The va needs a total overhaul, it is a system that is just like everything else in this country,broken. And with these cuts coming up, They are going to dice va benefits and the care we receive will be drasstically reduced. I have a problem with all the homeless vets, that is a disgrace. These brave men and women fought for this country and they kick them to the streets, its disguisting. and the politicians should be hung for treason left and right. Semper Fi

You are right that vets are not getting the care that they deserve. It's a great big, tangled web of red tape that is not easily navigable...I only know this because of my mom's excursions to the VA with my stepdad (WWII vet) to his appointments that were all a good hour's drive away and then parking was a pain, and my goodness, the sit and wait took hours. Really? And you know the doctors and nurses that work there are many times "doing time" to pay off their student loans, which is fine, but the vets ain't going down to the Mayo Clinic getting top notch care, that's for sure..

PTSD is a diagnosis that is quite common in this day and age and one that I would think would be easily identifiable and treatible, not like back in the day of WWI, WWII and Korean and Vietnam. Or is this just a simple issue, in my husband's words, that there are no jobs for vets and serviceman and women back home? I'm thinking he's right. We have become an Industrial War Machine....that breaks my heart.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by Gorman91

I would put it in a different way- Let me quote from the movie- The Outlaw Josey Wales- Which has had a profound effect on me, in terms of killing civilians in times of war and anarchy.

" In times of battle, when you think you are not going to make it; then you've got to become mean and I mean plumb mad dog mean!!!"

Funny you would mention this...just watched this last night with my man...such a great movie. And the ending, when he says something to the effect that "We all died or lost something in that war" was truly moving...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
Wow, what a thread!

Yep, the jackwagons are out in force today.

To discover psychopaths declaring that one mercenary's life is worth more than that of a nation of people in their own country on a thread about one such mercenary committing suicide.

Mercenary? Hmmm.....wrong. Do some research on what an actual mercenary is. I know, it's hard, but a little research will keep you from skylining yourself.

And these people call themselves "civilised". Must be a "civilisation" of psychopaths.

Actually, it's "Civilized" and "Civilization".

It is nice to note that one such mercenary killed himself although I am sure there are enough other mercenaries to continue to the murderous campaign. Sincerely hope many more will emulate his example, whatever the reasons!

Once again, look up the meaning of "mercenary", since your 100% wrong using it to describe this Ranger.

Oh, and I love the comment about you hoping that more will "emulate his example". And you honestly think you're "civilised".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Funny you should mention about the level of care they receive. Our vets deserve the best of the best. I have so many storys about the docs and nurses that work at vas it would make you nauseated

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Memo to US servicemen considering suicide:

Canada.

Think of it as being like suicide, . . . you know, the death of all your hopes and dreams, the pathetic end of everything, the butt end of a nightmare that just won't stop, but . . . if you have a change of heart, if you get a second wind for the challenges you face, Canada can be like a beach head to a bright future.

The foregoing was a paid announcement from the Canadian Immigration and Naturalization Lawyers Glee Club.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

This is a perfect example of why we need to bring all of our men and women home and stop this nation building or what ever they call it. America sells to both sides’, tries to buy friends and give aid with strings attached and for what? So everyone can take our money our blood and treasure and laugh at us behind our backs.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

My question is why do they keep going back and continue to do what is this upsetting to them. What are they afraid of going to jail or being unemployed? There comes a time in every ones life what their priorities are and follow who they are not what they are told. It has come to a time that more soldiers are killing themselves than would ever be killed in combat. It is time for them and their families to come together and put a stop to what is happening. This is another tragedy in a long list of tragedies that don't have to happen.

We go back because our brothers are going back and we won't let them go back without us.

It's really that simple.

Having said that, this nation has never committed so few troops for so long. The toll on our warriors and their families is unacceptable. Vietnam lasted a bit longer, but those guys only had to do 1 ONE YEAR tour (unless you were John Kerry and awarded yourself 12 purple hearts within a month) and then got to come home and not worry about going back.

These men and women, those that I serve with, deserve more than your respect. They've done and seen things 40 times over what you would deem horrific.

Bring. Them. Home. Now.

Enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

This totally breaks my heart. I have family in the Military and I don't know what i would do if one of them did this.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
More guessing and speculation by those never in the military, color me surprised. If ya have no clue why even guess? I think it's fixing to be a liberal I hate American soldiers star and flag fest here soon.............just another of the bs politically glad handing crap this ilk likes to place here daily, start an I hate America forum already and leave the rest of the site to the grown ups.

It sounds to me like possibly you are so brainwashed by your military training and service, that you can't recognize that the blame for things like this is mainly being put where it belongs here, which is upon our government and military leaders. They are the ones to blame.

I think the chip on YOUR shoulder is keeping you from seeing that most of the replies so far have not been liberal American soldier hate bashing. It's more discussing the fact that our big leaders, most of whom have never served in the military, send our brave young men and women into war for political and financial gain, and our soldiers have to pay the price, with families being separated for long periods of time, sometimes over and over and over, such as this young man. Sometimes they pay the price with their shattered bodies, or minds, sometimes with their lives, and for what?

I believe Henry Kissinger said something like....military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.

This is why I am against America being in any war. The people pay the ultimate price and the Evils make the money and further their agenda of world domination. They get their kicks making us kill each other off.

War is a racket stated Smedley Butler. Here's a quote from a speech he made about it. From everything I have found out in the last few years, he describes the situation pretty well.

See the part I highlited, Adifferentbreed? I don't believe we should be in either Afghanistan or Iraq, or any other war.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service.

My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

Rest of the excerpt

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
9 Tours?

How can soldiers be held to a Contract that changes based on expediency?

It's ridiculous to expect these people to be FORCED to keep serving in the military -- they made ONE contract -- I'm not sure of the terms but I'm sure that some other Vets could enlighten me.

But I'm SURE that a few people in charge, who do NOT have to bare these burdens, made a decision to change a few pieces of paper, and suddenly, Troops end up not knowing the children or families they might have started back before the WTC collapsed.

The CRIME here is people who thump their flag pins and say; "support the troops" and then expect them to go begging at some charity. Support -- means getting them out of these endless tours of duty. Support means not telling them their mental and physical health bills are "pre existing conditions."

If all you've been doing is warfare in Iraq for 6, 8, 9 years or more,... what kind of job skills are you going to have?

>> Not only do these people have to deal with what they may or may not have done -- but they ALSO have the stress of a low-paying job and supporting a family -- or their spouse moving on and divorcing them because THEY didn't sign up for a forever tour.

Even without being shot at -- this nonsense of re-inlisting people without consent would probably scramble the psyche of most people. It's indentured servitude.

If they volunteered to serve their country -- it isn't going AWOL to say they don't want to serve anymore. And if we don't have enough volunteers -- then maybe we shouldn't be in eternal occupations and wars for resources - should we?

I hope Exxon, Shell and BP pay the funeral expenses -- they have plenty of tax breaks to afford it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Wow, what a thread!

Yep, the jackwagons are out in force today.

To discover psychopaths declaring that one mercenary's life is worth more than that of a nation of people in their own country on a thread about one such mercenary committing suicide.

Mercenary? Hmmm.....wrong. Do some research on what an actual mercenary is. I know, it's hard, but a little research will keep you from skylining yourself.

And these people call themselves "civilised". Must be a "civilisation" of psychopaths.

Actually, it's "Civilized" and "Civilization".

It is nice to note that one such mercenary killed himself although I am sure there are enough other mercenaries to continue to the murderous campaign. Sincerely hope many more will emulate his example, whatever the reasons!

Once again, look up the meaning of "mercenary", since your 100% wrong using it to describe this Ranger.

They are mercenaries alright. Not sure if you think you invented the English language, but I speak the language invented by a bunch of people in a place called England and spell as they do.

Oh, and I love the comment about you hoping that more will "emulate his example". And you honestly think you're "civilised".

Wanting to see murderers not being able to engage in their deeds anymore, is sure civilised. But not sure I can convice psychopaths of that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
if you werent ok with going to the sand box and shooting derka derka towl head terrorists ~ you shouldnt have signed up. hard to feel bad for someone who signs their soul over willingly to a dictator. there are ways out of the military if you absolutely dont want to be in it anymore, pretty sure they have had dishonerable discharges for a while now....

dont sign up if you cant handle it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There are some stone-cold people posting in this thread...

:shk:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by babybunnies

Read this

www.newamericancentury.org...

And you'll see the policy in full bloom pre-9/11 which only 9/11 was able to make possible. Dick Cheney was part of the "mastermind", and Bush Jr. a willingly complian sociopathic accomplice.

Read the whole thing through and note the part where it states

fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;. • perform
the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment in..

"And furthermore, the process of (military) transformation is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalizing event - like a new Pearl Harbour."
Project for a New American Century, Sept. 2000

Insane.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Hawking
So you can kill your fellow man, apologize and be absolved? How many people can I kill before I can't apologize the blame away?

He didn't just verbally apologise. He killed himself in order avoid killing anyone else. That doesn't seem like an expression of genuine repentance to you?

I didn't think of it like that. Thats so sad

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

They are mercenaries alright. Not sure if you think you invented the English language, but I speak the language invented by a bunch of people in a place called England and spell as they do.

A Soldier and a mercenary are two different people. He's a Soldier. Try doing some research.

And your spelling sucks. Try to spell check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Wanting to see murderers not being able to engage in their deeds anymore, is sure civilised. But not sure I can convice psychopaths of that.

You don't murder in combat, you kill.

You obviously don't have a single clue about the military or combat, so probably time to get back into your lane.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS
There are some stone-cold people posting in this thread...

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of ass-hats, but you're way more polite than I am!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join