It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

So these soldiers didn't realize what their enlistment might entail? They're shocked/awed by what they're asked to do?

I don't think there is anyone left in this country, truly, that is pulling the wool over their eyes on what we've been doing for 10 years with the military. These guys enlisted for whatever personal reasons they had. They weren't able to live up to the commitment (and I don't mean any disrespect in that), and so they chose to end their lives.

Just like people do, sadly, every day because they can't handle their jobs, their life, their stresses.

The only reason this gets blown up is because it's a "support the troops" issue. It's a job. A bad one. They have my sympathies, but really- what should tax payers do more than we do for everyone else?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
first i would like too respond, to the statement "that God would not for give him",

He is forgiven.
He loved God,
loved his fellow man,
he could no longer go against,
what he truly believed in.
Believe in me,, said ,,Jesus,,and you will be mine.
Forgiven,,and then some.

Yes but if he didn't believe in God in the first place he might still be alive. Religion has played it's role in this suicide, he couldn't look at the situation logically due to being brainwashed into thinking a mythical being was going to condemn him to eternal hell for doing his job.

At least now the man's at peace, such a tradgedy, this man suffered so, so much and as usual the army did f*** all about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Vietnam messed up 2 of my uncles. One of them told me 80% of his group died in a battle on his 18th birthday. One of my best friends went 4 times. He just got back and seems ok.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaplan
I don't think there is anyone left in this country, truly, that is pulling the wool over their eyes on what we've been doing for 10 years with the military. These guys enlisted for whatever personal reasons they had.

Yes, the past ten years have been hectic, but there was a really nice lull when Reagan and Clinton were in office. Soldiers who were in the military during these years had it best. Their sons saw that dad was getting good pay and not in danger very often. This (sort of) uneventful time period also helped restore the tarnished image that Vietnam created. As time passes, anger does subside and forgetfulness sets in. We were enjoying the economy and peace seemed to reign. Then, Bush entered the White House...
If my memory serves me right, the Gulf War was the only major battle prior to his entrance, but it was resolved rather quickly with few troop deaths. Then Gulf War syndrome cropped up years later.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong since I was a younger and more distracted during this time, so if someone has a different recollection, do tell.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My ex girlfriends brother was a ranger and although he didn't talk about it he did confirm the stories you here about women and children being used for bombs over there and how they are not allowed to stop there troop carriers for any reason as a result.

But he did what any good soldier does when he can no longer operate in that environment, he finished his tour and did not apply for another.

These are grown men trained for war and if they can't stop themselves they shouldn't blame the military for doing 9 tours in that condition.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

God's Love and Grace is infinite .8

Check out this warrior , Joshua .

www.badassoftheweek.com...

..... He made many mistakes , but is surely

forgiven and seated near THE Father

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You use examples from an earlier time, and all of which include men who refused to do such things, so the army had to go and find someone else.

I mean, did you know Patton walked away from his order to go against the bonus army?

There's arseholes everywhere, but to judge millions of men in uniform on the actions of a few thousand. Well. We can't call that racist, but we can call that dumb.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Good post, and a good reason for many to remember that there is only 1 judge of our energetic souls, we cannot even fully judge ourselves. We can pay attention to our actions and intents but only the MOST HIGHEST KNOWS WERE WE ALL MUST GO.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Military do's and don't work great when you face an enemy you can destroy in a week or 3. But once wars carry on to war, and attrition sets in, civilians simply don't matter. We've all seen those instantly-transmitted pictures from Iraq and Afghanistan of dead civilians. THe ability to quickly send information has not curtailed lack of care for civilians.

Fact is, even in the last REAL war we fought, WW2, against a REAL enemy who was REALLY evil, we bombed uncountable thousands of civilians and dropped 2 nuclear bombs on fully inhabited cities. We fire bombed untold numbers. Complete lack of care for civilians. And you know what? We won. Because we did those things.

Fact is, no one ever won a war caring about civilians.

And war is evil for that very reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Arkady

Grow up son. He did 8 tours, how damn stable did you expect him or anyone else doing that many to be? You have some damn nerve. It's time for Obama and Congress to grow a pair. Either withdraw now ( wouldn't that make the anti American scum on here giddy), or let us win through attrition. It's doable counter to what a lot of the arm chair do gooders here would suggest, simply remove the PC ROE we have now, and release the dogs of war. Either wipe them off the face of the map, or end it by coming home, but enough is enough. Before I get the usual flaming for suggesting such a thing, as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. Maybe if the asshat in the WH felt the same we'd be done with this nonsense.

Yikes. Who made you God? This is not the time or place for those sentiments. I think you may be the one who needs to grow up. We are talking about a dead man, can we leave the genocide out of it? This has nothing to do with the WH unless you want to go back in time to the administration who attacked its own country then invaded another nation to cover it up. Shame, Sir, shame! Human beings are not assigned value based upon your illusion of patriotism. If you are an example of America, then count me in as "Anti-American Scum!"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Are you denying that some do bad things? How can you say that the troops who do horrendous things that are UNNECESSARY are worth more than all the people in the country combined? Seriously. You make it sound like they are GOD just because they have chosen to go in the military. And NO, they don't all choose to join for love of country. Just so you don't think I'm talking out my you know what, I do have some military people in my family.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
probably shot up a family with an infant and a puppy just to add 5 to the kill ratio. we have a bad habit of doing that. honestly i'd kill myself too if i had done such a thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow, what a thread!

To discover psychopaths declaring that one mercenary's life is worth more than that of a nation of people in their own country on a thread about one such mercenary committing suicide.

And these people call themselves "civilised". Must be a "civilisation" of psychopaths.

It is nice to note that one such mercenary killed himself although I am sure there are enough other mercenaries to continue to the murderous campaign. Sincerely hope many more will emulate his example, whatever the reasons!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Soldiers are disposable embarrasments to TPTB. They have no need of human flesh and bone after it has been used to procure oil and protect Israel for TBTP. The useless meat is free to go home to the land of freedom it defended...and live homeless under the bridge. What do you think is going to happen as thousands and thousands of men who have been turned into trained killers re-enter a society with no jobs or use for them?

The way Veteran's are treated (and not treated) once returning home, once their tours are done has to be (one of) the gravest most despicable unconscionable acts of the USA has ever procured against it's people. I can barely hold up my head.

This song says it all...

Born to be Wasted. Cannon fodder. Nothing more.

Gawd I can hardly stand it when I hear the term 'dog tags'. That's all they are to TPTB....

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Bring the troops home. End this madness now!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

LOL ok. Go on tour and then say that.

Most of our soldiers that die in the middle east are moving fuel. The rest are ordered to do terrible things for pointless reasons.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Gorman91- How can you believe in God, and justify the killing of civilians in the time of war? Unless your "God" is hellbent on collateral damage to achieve your so called "victory."

You justify actions by the U.S. during the Second World War, when we had no military technology, to selectively destroy military targets by "smart" weapons. Granted, some civilians will be mistakenly caught in the fray; in these so-called "modern times."

The United States warned the Japanese people, several days before big bombing strikes on the cities of Japan, with airborne leaflets; which saved thousands of Japanese civilians.

War is hell- But do you think it was justifiable for U.S. troops to go into the My Lai hamlet to massacre hundreds of civilians in a free fire zone; during the Vietnam War?

You might think that government should rule with an iron hand; but those times are surely fading away.

My justification- Of prosecution of war crimes on leaders and soldiers that committed atrocitys on civilian populations, is backed up by United Nations Mandates and the Geneva Convention.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 15-8-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

You assume that because I say I would do such things that I support such things. And yes, of course warn before you do such things. I never said not to. Preferably, lightning strike speed assaults are needed. But time to warn is always righteous.

Even God ordered the whole sale slaughter of civilians in times of war. But that's because war was differently looked at. Modern people are to easily swept into war without reason. Bible makes it quite clear. War is reserved for only the most evil people, whose removal can only be done through massive damage and assault. God did order the slaughter of entire civilian populations. But history tells us why. The region was full of pirates, barbarians, rapists, and horrible people. So evil that not even the concept of "innocents" existed. For such a culture of death, the season is that of death. To kill all and remove them from the face of the Earth, least weak minds be carried along with them.

What I speak of is what must be done in war. Not what is right. And indeed, there is your first error. To think that you CAN do right in war. No. War is not right. It is not good. It's only path to ending is the complete and unrestricted wholesale slaughter of every soldier, general, leader, man, woman, and child who supports your enemy.

That's why stupid wars like Iraq are pointless. We make war so easily able to happen. Just march in, mess up their crap, and run away. That is not war. The war did not end, and 30 years past it will erupt once more.

In WW2, the only reason we won, was because we broke their minds, spirits, and soldiers. We made it quite clear that Hitler's so-called "power of the will" was hopeless against wholesale slaughter and brute force. Hitler himself said it quite well. You can only beat me by becoming me. And that famous line alone, is why war is evil. War is not fought to see who is more noble or more chivalrous. Wars are fought in hope that the side that wins builds sky scrappers rather than tanks.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Sometimes... War is necessary for good to overcome evil.

Can you please tell me- "When God ordered the wholesale slaughter of civilians in times of war."

Let me guess- You must be thinking of: Sodom and Gommorrah?

edit on 15-8-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Not only Sodom and Gomorrah. Many people assume that God did that because they were gay. No, it was far more. Lot and his family was nearly raped by the entire community. Can you imagine a community of people that literally rape anyone they want in a mob? That's how bad they were. And God told Abraham. If you can find anyone at all, by all means I won't destroy it. That was the point. Not one innocent life was left. They had cast away their humanity for lust and tyranny of flesh. There were other places too, later when Moses returned to Canaan.

You say, sometimes war must be fought so that good triumphs evil. Yes, this is true. But unless you are willing to become as evil as your enemy in that war, you will not win. If you find a need to make this religious, why do you think God uses angels and men to fight rather than himself? Because he's not allowed to be evil. God can only judge. And as such orders others to issue punishment.

Point is, War is evil. It's the worse act a human can do. And that is why in war, you do not judge the good side or bad side by how each side fights. You judge the good side and bad side by what they will do if they win. What you do after the war is what makes you good or evil. Not what you do in war.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join