It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yet another tragedy in a world of tragedies. His story, and ones like it are played out everyday. We can't pretend to know what this soldier went through nor what the workings of his mind played out. What we can do is take the lesson of this tragedy and do what we can to help other young soldiers. Next time you see a soldier, thank him and/or his family for his service. Say a prayer for him or wish him well in your heart. Help the soldiers family back home cope with the deployments and do your best to support them. None of us agree with the wars played out on this earth, but they are part of this experience we call life. Hope is for a better tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Forgiveness lead the way. All the way.

Someone asked how soldiers could keep going back to the very thing that upsets them so. It's a common behaviour among seasoned frontline soldiers. They feel "at home" and disgusted at the same time when re-deployed. My sister's friend was promoted to captain not long ago and he definitely fits the "I'm home again" behaviour every time he goes back. He's stressed when on leave, doesn't really connect with friends/family any longer. I guess his worst nightmare is that the war ends anytime soon or his battalion gets pulled off the frontline.

My heart goes out to those the army Ranger left behind.

edit on 15-8-2011 by templar33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
War is bull#. You are nothing but chess pieces for the higher ups. You are part of their sick game, and true to their fashion, they play you like a game. They play on your emotions and your subconscious, manipulating every nook and cranny of you in order to get you to enlist. Then, reality sets in after awhile in some soliders... So you get stuff like this happening. I think these people are not making the correct choice to take their lives, but they are making an understandable choice. I think instead of ending their lives they should dedicate their lives to truly helping others and not hurting people anymore. Killing yourself will only hurt more people. We still love you soldiers, very much so, thank you for caring so much about us and putting your life on the line for us. We all would have done the same thing in your shoes. It is the bastards that drove you to war that we hate.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Killing individuals who are shooting at you is something most people could live with ...... the death of innocent civilians would eat most people up .

I am guessing that after 8 deployments ....... he was eaten alive.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

What you have to realize is this. War is not a place for hearts.

No one ever won a war by caring about civilians. That's why war is evil and it is the chief priority of men to prevent it.

It is a sad story- When a soldier stands up a fights for his country, but has to kill himself because he does not think that his God will forgive him.

Gorman91- You really put your foot in your mouth, on your post about- "No one ever won a war by caring about civilians."

In these modern times, when there is almost instant transmission of pictures an videos on war perpetuated civilian collateral damage; you completely make a mockery of wartime do's and don'ts.

Your negative assunptions about "caring about civilians" only gives a propaganda victory to the enemy; that comes close to- aiding and abetting the enemy.

Erno86
edit on 15-8-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Its called Honor, Commitment, Code, Loyalty, for country and the man(or woman) next to you. That is why they keep going. Simply for the man next to them and staying commited to what they said they would do. Maybe these words have no meaning for youself, but for them it does.

Sadly, this man should have been attended to by the army, doctors, family way before this was an issue. A mental condition can be just a serious as a physical one. We need to insure these soliders are taken care of when they come home and receive the best medical treatment we have.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Its called Honor, Commitment, Code, Loyalty, for country and the man(or woman) next to you. That is why they keep going. Simply for the man next to them and staying commited to what they said they would do.

Something which i see repeatedly come up - is the many who join the military with lofty ideals of defending America , the flag etc etc.

........ soon this expansive idealism gives way to a disillusioned ............. " I am just fighting for the man beside me " .

And so it goes -
Rinse and repeat.
edit on 15-8-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

quote "How many people can I kill before I can't apologize the blame away? ",,
and there you have the reason why,

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
This man was a coward. Suicide is one of the most selfish acts a person can do and this man was more concerned about himself than any of the other people he hurt by killling himself. He had plenty of options, he could have chose not to fight or sought redemption for what he did but now i'm afraid he's right.

He will find the gates of Heaven closed to him.

What a waste

Kro, you're doing it wrong. To be a truly effective troll, you have to be a lot more subtle.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Pervius- What I heard on the grapevine- That the wacko at the Waco compound did not have an unregistered full auto submachine gun. He either used a semi auto rifle, pistol or carbine; by applying the technique of bumpfire.

Check "bumpfire"- on YouTube- especially AR-15 9mm bumpfire- Very fast indeed!!!- And alot of fun.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
This man was a coward. Suicide is one of the most selfish acts a person can do and this man was more concerned about himself than any of the other people he hurt by killling himself. He had plenty of options, he could have chose not to fight or sought redemption for what he did but now i'm afraid he's right.

He will find the gates of Heaven closed to him.

What a waste

a coward?
try envisioning taking your own life, would take more courage then anything i can imagine.
pulling the trigger, stepping over the edge or kicking the chair out from under your feet with a noose around your neck.

unless you witnessed what he witnessed i don't think it's fair to be judgemental about him taking his own life.

living with guilt for the rest of your life is unbareable.

with i'm trying to say is, i CAN understand why certain people would take their own lives.

btw you're Petrus?

didn't know you could tell for who the gate's would be open and for whom they would be closed, interesting

where will i end up?

edit on 15-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
btw you're Petrus?

didn't know you could tell for who the gate's would be open and for whom they would be closed, interesting

Check the post you're quoting again. It was kro who wrote that, not me. I thought it was obscene, and called him out for trolling.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is appalling!! Driving a man so far that he can't withstand the memories of the horrors that he saw, all in the name of freedom. Why don't the soldiers just say "ENOUGH!" and put the weapons in Obama's, Rockefeller's, Kissinger's and every other scumbag elitists' hand and then they can go fight their precious war.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
btw you're Petrus?

Check the post you're quoting again. It was kro who wrote that, not me. I thought it was obscene, and called him out for trolling.

i'm quoting kro's post.
still don't see anything wrong.

i don't agree with his notion either, i think we're on the same page.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by drew1749

and that opinion paid for in blood from the millions of american servicemen

including the dude who your arguing with

ehm no...

i could voice my anti-war opinion before 9-11 and still can.
so they're definitely not paying for my opinion by giving their blood.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I understand, hard to relate too or respond correctly too if you have never been in that situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Im fairly certain .... that you wont be getting into the gates of heaven if you believe that.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I hope Bush, Chaney, Kissinger and the rest of the scum of the earth who are responsible for the state of the world, burn in hell for what they have done to this country, to the young people of this country, and to the innocent people around the world who are victims of the nonsense of all these wars.

WE SHOULD CLOSE ALL FOREIGN U.S. MILITARY BASES, BRING ALL TROOPS HOME TO ACTUALLY PROTECT THE BORDERS OF OUR COUNTRY, AND MIND OR OUR FRIGGIN' BUSINESS FOR ONCE IN HISTORY!
edit on 15-8-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know the veracity of nine deployment but I wouldn't doubt it. That said, it is sad that we are having to continually redeploy our troops over and over again.

I believe, IMO, we REALLY need to end all our wars. The world doesn't appreciate us. It is not going to repay the debt of freedom and even life, that it owes us and never mind the actual monetary costs of these wars that we do not need to be in anymore.

Afghanistan isn't worth continuing the fight. Sadaam was resolved. Iraq is showing signs of relapsing into its prior condition.

Libya has been an illegal war from the start.

Iran needs to be seriously pressured diplomatically and if that fails, time to make the worlds largest glass platter.

This soldier should never have had to go on nine tours. The government is being very shortsighted on the long term effects of constant war. This event, though sad, is fortunate in a very sad sense for the government. This man, chose to end his life rather than take another mans life.

But think about it. NINE deployments. What kind of changes go through a mans mind if all he sees, day in and day out, year after year... war... Death, rape, pillaging, and all the atrocities associated with war. When these men and women FINALLY return home, for the last time from war... there is one thing we cannot change... the way of life they became used to. We will not be able to take away those horrible memories.

These people fighting for liberty... they are sacrificing their mentality for everyone's freedom. I worry for them. Will they be able to leave the war behind? We may be in for a surprise if we (the administration) keeps demanding more and more of our troops. When will the administration say ENOUGH, JOB WELL DONE! COME HOME TO YOUR COUNTRY THAT LOVES AND APPRECIATES YOU?

As much as I hate the idea, we really need to consider re-instating the draft. If this administration is going to continue to go against the American public and continue wars, both legal and otherwise, then it's time to face the fact that our current troops MUST COME HOME and if need be, send fresh recruits. Now, to be clear, I DON;T want a draft, but I want even less, the continued sacrifice of people who have gone far above and beyond the call of duty. Nine deployments should be illegal. Those are NOT OUR WARS.

And yes, I am a conservative. Not a Democrat. Let's support our troops and demand they be returned home. SAFE

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

It's sad really but common throughout our history during war time. The more soldiers are exposed to combat on the front lines the more unstable the emotions and mind become. THere is an issue with armed forces dealing with these issues because they want boots on the ground and they get a influx of Section 8 attempts and what not. They treat most with the "Crying wolf" touch unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join