It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I am well aware that Huffpo disses Savage because he exposes the idiocy of the far left wingnuts, and it does not surprise me that an unkown personality with an avatar of cat eyes must diss the conservatives that Huffpo disses.

Huffpo is not responsible for the number of times Savage has lost his show because of his over-the-top on-air extremism performance.

It does not surprise me that an unknown personality with an avatar must support such extremism. Paul Revere is rolling in his grave.

Moving on now. This is becoming incredibly annoying.

Michelle Bachmann is getting hysterical from lack of ego stroking attention.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux
Do you honestly think that the heckler wanted to have a discussion with her? If she would have responded it would have just encouraged him.

Absolutely! What he was saying was correct.

Please take your homophobia to the next fair. Maybe someone will care to respond.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Can you please not refer to the article you're endorsing and tell us yourself exactly where crazy Bachmann becomes hysterical and flees.

The title of an article has to be copied verbatim. It is against ATS rules to change it. As you well know.

The article portion must also be copied verbatim.

Hysterical is subjective. After listening to several Michelle Bachmann interviews where she was point blank asked about her stance on gays - - - she stumbled over her tongue - - - responding with evasive answers.

Hysterical? Maybe coated in "steel plate" - - but non the less fear and evasion to questions about gays.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I can't stand the woman, forst of all. Secondly, we all know she clearly has an overwhelming disdain for gay people. No argument there. I heard her stumble over her words and how she isn't judging anybody.

My gripe is not about her. It's about the article. It's a flagrant lie. Hysteria isn't subjective, Annee. C'mon.
We're supposed to Deny Ignorance around here. That's all I'm saying. I found the headline of the article to be a knee jerk reaction and childish. It's nowhere near accurate. Yes, a gay guy yelled at her and started saying "You made me a secnd class citizen!" That is the only accurate part. That alone isn't news worthy I suppose so the journalist decided that embellishing it would bring more attention. What would bring support and attention better than a hysterical congresswoman fleeing the stage?
edit on 16-8-2011 by spinalremain because: Sorry Annee. I spelled your name wrong

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hysteria isn't subjective

We'll just have to disagree on that.

Fear - Panic - Escapism - - - - with a steel resolve. Hiding it behind a facade does not change what it is.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

please read this entire post. i think you missed some details last time. i'm a female. it was embarrassing to see the way women were treated before the last election. it's embarrassing to see the way people treat obama. if you don't like what he's doing, just say, you disagree and why. no need to make rude comments about his butt or nit pick every faux paus he's ever made. he's a human being afterall, not a flippin robot. same for the ladies. let's try to turn this conversation into something other than a huge insult fest and an excuse to verbally abuse total strangers.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Fear - Panic - Escapism - - - - with a steel resolve. Hiding it behind a facade does not change what it is.

the problem with the various news outlets overstating things of that nature is the opposite side sees it as a victory that the article had to stoop to that level to get its point across. both sides of this debate need to learn how to communicate again. at the moment, it just sounds like a bunch of blah blah blah hysterical blah blah blah commie blah blah blah nazi blah blah blah. it's not working for me, sorry.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

the problem with the various news outlets overstating things of that nature is the opposite side sees it as a victory that the article had to stoop to that level to get its point across. both sides of this debate need to learn how to communicate again. at the moment, it just sounds like a bunch of blah blah blah hysterical blah blah blah commie blah blah blah nazi blah blah blah. it's not working for me, sorry.

True. But that's how the media does it - - and has always done it.

We need "newsboys" standing on corners yelling out outrages headlines to sell papers.

No one does it better then the Carnival Barkers of the Right. Saying Michelle was hysterical - - is kid gloves compared to the extremism of the Right.

I am still a registered Republican. I am definitely a social liberal when it comes to Equal Rights - - - but a fiscal conservative.

I really try to listen to all sides of politics on my XM stations. One thing I've discovered is you require no intelligence to listen to Right radio. They dictate with in-your-face verbal diatribe what you are suppose to think and believe.

The Left leaning stations at least ask you what you think and do you agree.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
sticky #1: This forum is NOT for partisan debate.

hmm.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Huh??

Yeah we disagree. In my mind, having a steel resolve shows self control. The direct opposite of hysteria. One with a steel resolve is in control of their fear, or their given state. Those who are hysterical have no control. Hysterics are accompanied by tears usually, and impulsively flailing about or running. "Laughing hysterically" has never meant that one silently, and with great resolve, laughs on the inside.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Ladies, ladies. You are both right.
She is crazy.
She has a steel resolve about it.
Let's not fight over that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yes we can all agree on that. She openly acts completely insane. In control yes, but utter nonsense flows from her mouth when there isn't fried butter in it.

Gotta love how she doesn't judge anyone when stating that gay people are letting Satan run their lives and they're destined for eternal damnation in the fires of Hell.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Aren't they?

I was mostly taken by the fact that having not seen the video myself, I was relying on the Bachmann supporters to clarify if this were not what actually happened. Yet you had to do that. I wonder what that says about her support? Maybe they are seriously crazy too. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What it shows is that they didn't see the video, but knowing how this woman never fails to surprise, they assumed she ran away in tears probably. It's more than feasible for her. I wouldn't have been surprised at all. No one else is. When I read the title I was laughing pretty hard. Not quite hysterically, but I wanted to see her freak out.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarrisonOD
reply to post by drew1749

Based on that outfit you are wearing, are you sure you wernt the one yelling at Michelle

LOL! I'm not sure if I should make fun of you or be nice here. I guess I'll be nice and explain how little you understand. My avatar is a joke. It's a image I found off of the internet. I posted it in a thread in off topic two weeks agoish? Give or take a few days. In the thread I decided to use it as my avatar. Someone even re-sized it for me.

Stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

One with a steel resolve is in control of their fear, or their given state. Those who are hysterical have no control.

Well - we disagree again.

Having issues with bi-polar triggered by sugar levels - - - I know all about "inner hysteria" - - covered up by control. The behavior you mention is only delayed - - following the escapism.

Fear itself would be overcome and the situation addressed.

IMO.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well hell, we can accuse everyone at any given time of being hysterical then. That's rather convenient for journalists.

I can see it now. "surgeon hysterically performs heart surgery!"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by iterationzero

Bill Clinton's subservience to Hillary didn't hurt him one bit. Nothing more than the usual Hillary "nut cracker" jokes. Whatever works in their relationship too. Need I say more...

I am having a hard time finding any of those speeches or books where Bill claimed subservience to Hillary. Either you are hiding them or just making things up because you cannot defend Bachmann by discussing Bachmann?

You're taking this fractional moment in history way to seriously.
Get some sleep and learn to laugh a little. My comment was a joke even though I strongly suspect Hillary calls the shots in that relationship are makes the approval for whatever Bill does in his spare time. Bill got Monica in exchange for Hillary getting Huma out of the WH intern pool...
Again, just a joke .... I'm sure Hillary is a pussycat around the house.... Just joking...

Bottom line... people seem to be threatened by Bachmann's 30 plus year marriage to her husband in a world that defines marital success based on Hollywood values and the 6 month marriage. The subservience concept is prevalent in many cultures and faiths around the world. Its a choice for some like Bachmann and for others it is forced to extremes. It still does not effect her abilities as a leader. She certainly shows no signs of subservience to anyone other than her husband. Unlike our current President and his subservience to certain foreign authorities and governing bodies.

Please detail why you think it makes her a poor leader? Gimme some substance...
edit on 16-8-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Please detail why you think it makes her a poor leader? Gimme some substance...
edit on 16-8-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

My clear understanding of the meaning of the word. Simple as that. You cannot call yourself a strong leader all while praising someone else for always directing you.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join