It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiskyKisses

"Chrstianity" as you spelled it is not seen as backwards in the modern world. It's seen as backward by people I don't like and some atheists. Religion is religion. I love how you grouped Christianity all alone yet you know Muslims and Jews are okay. Your type bugs me. I recently made a post about it.

Thanks for your opinion though.

I can follow some of your logic in the above stated post. You feel that people are mocking your religion and not any of the other countless belief structures out there. Very well. Fair enough. I am no Christian. Far from it in fact. I do however have a Masters degree in theology, so I would like to think that I can speak with at least a bit of knowledge. The nation you live in was founded on the ideal of a separation of Church and State. I think that this is a brilliant idea. After all, as a Christian, would you want the ideals of a different religion to be forced down your throat? Very likely not. As a non-Christian, I certainly don't want biblical ideals shoved down mine. Government, especially democratic government, is meant to encompass peoples of ALL beliefs, races, and any other difference, including sexual preference.

Now, to clarify my position slightly, I'm a straight man. In my world view however, that does not mean I have to hate homosexuals. That would be silly. They aren't contagious, they aren't trying to recruit, who they decide they are attracted to is none of my damned business, as the details of my bedroom escapades are none of theirs. Ultimately, they are no different from any bloody other person. A dear friend from high school came out to a bunch of my crowd a while back, I believe that the general consensus was "Who bloody cares?". I might humbly suggest you take that approach my friend. I'm certain that a shadowy cabal of gay men aren't plotting to convert you to their sinful gay ways.

To bring this full circle, you seemed affronted when it looked like someone had singled out and denigrated your religion, to the exclusion of all the MANY others. I simply can't fathom how you can be upset at feeling targeted and mocked based on a belief structure, when you can then turn around and denigrate another group of people based on something much more primal... who they love. That kind of hypocrisy is a hallmark of MANY religions, so fear not, it isn't just yours.

As an aside, Leviticus 11:12 states that "Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you." Shall I assume you are currently boycotting Red Lobster? After all, if you are going to follow the book of your lord, you should probably follow ALL of it, not just the bits you happen to like.

That was just my two cents, now let the Holy Flaming War begin!
edit on 18-8-2011 by WhiskyKisses because: (no reason given)

Well put, and I agree with most of what yo said, but I do have to say that admitting that you're not religious and then quoting scripture is sort of being a little btch. Stop that. MA in theology or not, underhanded.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I found a video of the incident. Notice the woman video taping saying "got more plants in the crowd" it was a set up. It was a planned agitation. There was no possible way Michele Bachmann could debate him.

Obviously she wouldn't be able to reason with these people. The best thing she did was to leave.

He also says she called him a barbarian but it wasn't picked up on the audio so it's just hearsay unless there is audio proof.
edit on 20-8-2011 by SigilOfLux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Annee, you say you are a fiscal conservative and social liberal. So that explains your position on gay marriage, however it does not explain how you completely overlook Bachmann's message on the economy.

It is not part of this discussion for one thing.

Second - - I don't support that the average person is knowledgeable of all the economic complexities of this countries government (including myself). Bachmann or anyone with an economic background could put forth an intelligent reasonable argument - - that would impress the average layman. Especially if its goes along with what they want to hear.

One thing people always complain about is foreign aid. Fact is per capita America is near the bottom compared to other countries.

IMO - the government wastes a lot of money on "hand out" instead of "hand up". I do support programs that help people help themselves.

I do think its time we tax corporations and religious businesses. The "trickle down" concept of businesses injecting money back into the economy is not happening.

I do not discuss serious politics on ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux
It was a planned agitation. There was no possible way Michele Bachmann could debate him.

Obviously she wouldn't be able to reason with these people. The best thing she did was to leave.

He also says she called him a barbarian but it wasn't picked up on the audio so it's just hearsay unless there is audio proof.

No excuse.

Gays did not make Anti-Gay her issue. She did. It is her responsibility.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It was a planned agitation. There was no possible way Michele Bachmann could debate him.

No excuse.

So it would be okay to show up at Liberal candidate rally and shout them down because an issue that is disagreed with?

Nice logic you have there.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Little bitch? *grins* thanks kindly for the accolades I s'pose. In regards to my quotation of scripture, I wouldn't think that not being religious forbade me from knowing the Bible. I know it quite well. I was merely quoting that particular passage in order to support my point with their own Holy Book. I felt it would shed some light on the hypocrisy displayed in the post I was responding to.

Ever so glad the rest of it met your approval...

-Little Bitch, signing off!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Having just read your response, I very respectfully withdraw the more pointed comments that I initially made. Having now read more of your thoughts, you have struck me as a great deal more level headed and non-reactionary than I initially gathered. I am certainly a big enough man to step back, re think my statements and offer an apology for any offense given. That being said... I apologize. In the post of yours that I responded to, I got the impression that it was the opening to one of those "God hates Fags" threads, and I responded accordingly. *shakes head ruefully* That's the drawback of the Interweb it would seem, the inability to recognize tone or sarcasm. Thank you for the clarification.

Generally, I'm an arrogant prat, more given to arguing something to the bitter end, so count this as a mighty victory sir!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

No excuse.

So it would be okay to show up at Liberal candidate rally and shout them down because an issue that is disagreed with?

Nice logic you have there.

They?

A single 17 year old gay man who is personally persecuted by ignorant anti-gay politicians?

Yeah - - I'd say he can speak up any damn where he pleases.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by tangonine

Little bitch? *grins* thanks kindly for the accolades I s'pose. In regards to my quotation of scripture, I wouldn't think that not being religious forbade me from knowing the Bible. I know it quite well. I was merely quoting that particular passage in order to support my point with their own Holy Book. I felt it would shed some light on the hypocrisy displayed in the post I was responding to.

Ever so glad the rest of it met your approval...

-Little Bitch, signing off!

Hey...I'm no carpenter, but you hit the nail on the head. That was a well spoken post, and you're being far too sane.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

*laughs and takes a deep bow* I know, that whole "sanity" thing is an issue I s'pose... I try to hide it as best I can, but sometimes it just comes out weather I like it or not! I can assure you, the electro-shock will likely help. Much obliged for the compliments however!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by drew1749

Having just read your response, I very respectfully withdraw the more pointed comments that I initially made. Having now read more of your thoughts, you have struck me as a great deal more level headed and non-reactionary than I initially gathered. I am certainly a big enough man to step back, re think my statements and offer an apology for any offense given. That being said... I apologize. In the post of yours that I responded to, I got the impression that it was the opening to one of those "God hates Fags" threads, and I responded accordingly. *shakes head ruefully* That's the drawback of the Interweb it would seem, the inability to recognize tone or sarcasm. Thank you for the clarification.

Generally, I'm an arrogant prat, more given to arguing something to the bitter end, so count this as a mighty victory sir!

It's perfectly alright. I accept your apology. I try to set a example because there seems to be this weird stereotype all over the internet that all Christians are hateful, evil people. It just isn't like that and I hope I make that known.

Anyways I look forward to seeing you around the forums and having a few more debates with you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Banning gay marriage is backed up by a book of fairy tales.

Allowing gay marriage is backed up by a document that our government models itself after. Anybody who sidesteps the Constitution on even a single issue is not presidential material. How can you protect and defend the Constitution when you ignore it?
edit on 21-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Originally posted by dannotz
Good for this gay teen!

I'm gay, and i love it :]

i'm also an avid sports fan, an artist, a philosopher, and a young man.

Being gay doesn't define me, stop stereotyping.

Oh and if you have a problem with it, keep it to yourself.

And if your excuse is that you're Christian or any other faulted religion then you'd know that you aren't suppose to bash on others for being different, if you accept that being gay is a sin, then you also have to accept that treating gays like dirt, or some kind of disease is also a SIN.

GOODDAYY
It is good that you stand up for being a gay,but then you slam christians.you people make no sense whatsoever.Homosexuals lived during the bibles days also.Not like religion came along and boom homosexuals wher banished.

You people????

Uh i'm Dan, don't lump me into a big pile.

I'm not slamming Christians, i'm slamming religious nuts that want everyone to know how sinful their lives are, and how pure and holy they themselves are.

I wouldnt call all Christians "them people" , because i've met many Christians and Catholics that are gay or are tolerant of gays.

am i making any sense?

Sry, its late.

No hard feelings.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Carseller4

Banning gay marriage is backed up by a book of fairy tales.

Allowing gay marriage is backed up by a document that our government models itself after. Anybody who sidesteps the Constitution on even a single issue is not presidential material. How can you protect and defend the Constitution when you ignore it?
edit on 21-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you for putting this out there in a way even the most idiotic can understand.

Gooday!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why must homosexuals demand heterosexuals accept them in order to feel security and self-assurance? Why must they tout the idea that homosexuality is "equal" to heterosexuality in order to make homosexuality seem acceptable?

The second a person mentions "gay rights", all credibility is lost. Homosexuals have no less rights than heterosexuals. Marriage is NOT a right. It is NOT anyone's obligation to accept you and your lifestyle just so you can feel secure in who you are.

Traditional marriage laws do not hold any "inequality" between heterosexuals and homosexuals, anyway. A gay man has the same oppurtunities as a straight man. If anything, it is unequal oppurtuinity between men and women.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Why must homosexuals demand heterosexuals accept them in order to feel security and self-assurance?

You're either trolling or without empathy.

Did you just ask why someone would want to fit in? Hell if you want to make it about the thread topic, did you just ask why a seventeen year old gay teenager would want to fit in?

Do you not understand people? We don't want to be different or outcasts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Hey, write back when you start paying attention, eh?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

If you think this is all about feelings of acceptance and don't understand enough about the legal and economic rights that are being denied to same sex couples, then you don't know enough about the subject at hand to comment intelligently.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Carseller4
Gay people make me nervous.

If a gay person yelled at me, I would run too.

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

What a coincidence, I feel the same way about car salesmen.

Michele Bachmann fleeing the scene of an LGBT activist, I wonder what she would do in the event China threatened us...

That would not be a problem... she would kill a billion Chinese without batting a big bug eyed lash and tell us why Jesus said it was OK "that we were loving them by killing them".

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you for putting this out there in a way even the most idiotic can understand.

Gooday!
Actually, the principle of equality that I was referring to is found in the Decleration of Independence, not the Constitution, I had it mixed up. Still, that's a pretty important historical document that presidential candidates should take seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join