It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corey Feldman: "Pedophilia is Hollywood's Biggest Problem"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Stating opinions are one thing, we all have them, but to judge someones actions when you know nothing about them is quite different. And then calling the man a coward because of the way he handled all this, again, is a judgement call I don't think anyone here is qualifies to make. And people wantto talk about slander? People don't don't know what he's been through in his life, yet they still want to armchair quarterback it.

Wrong, in some cases it is very easy to judge, and in this case Mr. Feldman has made it extremely easy by admitting that he knows crimes against children were committed and can't or wont do anything about it, other than to say that it happened and is happening.

If you fail to judge that alone for what it is, then you have issues.

And I quote: "that person needs to be exposed, but, unfortunately, I can't be the one to do it."

Nowhere in that statement does he specify in what venue he can't do it. You're assuming he meant in a public venue like the media because this is how we are hearing about this. As another poster pointed out, he may have gone to the authorities about this because you can do that annonymously. You're assuming the worst and that's not what a good conspiracy theorist does my friend. They weigh all the facts, and then they go for the throat

And if you can can judge someone simply by the words they say, then you're a better man than I.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am lessed than shocked. Sadly, I'd be more shocked if it DIDN'T happen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

In my opinion, if he had gone to the authorities, and/or was working with them in an ongoing investigation, he would not be making ANY allegations like this in the press, period.

Sorry, I can't buy that one.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

In my opinion, if he had gone to the authorities, and/or was working with them in an ongoing investigation, he would not be making ANY allegations like this in the press, period.

Fair enough man,

But I still think he did the right thing. Look at it this way, who did he hurt by saying what he did?

Really........who did he hurt? What if 100 Corey Feldmams stood up and said the same thing. Would they all be cowards because they all effectively said nothing in your opinion? Or would their strength in numbers, regardless of how much they said, be enough to make the pervs start shaking in their alligater shoes?

Who knows, maybe that's what he's trying to do. Tell other victims that if he has the strength to do this, so do they and that there's strength in numbers. So much strength in fact that maybe, just maybe, they can effect some positive change in that dog-forsaken hole called Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I live here in Southern California.

As a security guard in a exclusive gated community,I personally have had many casual conversations with those in the entertainment industry and have more than little insight as to what goes on there to be successful.

Funniest thing I heard came out of Mel Gibson's sons mouth when I asked Mel for his drivers license..

"See Dad everybody thinks you're a drunk.'

Years ago my family would be out in public in L.A. just doing things a normal family living here would do,when we would constantly be approached by agents wanting to "represent' my two daughters.

One lady ran through a parking garage in high heels trying to chase us down.

They both are very pretty and talented singers even as young girls.Being half Caucasian and half Asian they have very exotic appearances.

I took their card,thanked them for their comments about my daughters and found the nearest trash can to deposit it in.

My wife asked me why I was not interested in pursuing a entertainment career for them.

Children should be just that, children.

Who would want their child working at such a young age?

To me it is a form of child prostitution and the parents who pursue it for their children are nothing more than pimps.

They are both in their early twenties now and neither one is interested in the entertainment industry and have normal average lives.

Their Dad is happy about that.

They still get comments about how pretty they are,mostly from their Dad.

edit on 12-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by wcitizen

Also, I'd like to add that aside from the fact that he may be working with the authorities as you suggested, how do we know that he's not talking privately to other victims? Maybe he has to go on camera to discuss the topic to gain their ultimate trust. This would be so cool if this is what was getting ready to unfold! It'd be better than any Hollywood movie!

I can see it now: About 50 to 100 sexual abuse victims meeting in private with about 10 entertainment attorneys discussing how it's going to break.

Cue Corey Feldman to make the perps shake in their boots.
Curtain call is when the cops show up to arrest the perps
Scene one is the interrogations of the perps
Scene two is the court hearing where all the victims testify
Scene three is the jury's verdict
Scene four is the sentencing phase
Scene five is where the perps leak more names to get a lighter sentence.

It certainly would blow the Casey Anthony trial out of the water!

I'm following another situation where longstanding sexual abuse of children has gone on for years. It is only since the death of the main offender that these people - some of them now fully grown men - are starting to speak out. They find it hugely embarrassing and upsetting to speak out about it, but the main reason, but the main reason they haven't spoken out before is because they were told to keep quiet and threatened about speaking out. One or two who did try to speak out previously were killed, so they have been too afraid for years to say anything....until now that the ringleader has passed away.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You're welcome to your speculations, but that's all they are judgements based on speculation.
edit on 12-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Really........who did he hurt? What if 100 Corey Feldmams stood up and said the same thing.

He certainly didn't hurt the alleged unidentified pedophiles... But for how many years has he remained silent while other victims were harmed before saying something about it now... From the 1980s to ?

Could you say that by doing nothing about it, he inadvertently harmed other potential victims?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
unless the corey's, pulled a monica lewinsky, and kept the dress or have pic's or video.
or if he has a long list or kid star's willing to testify, it didn't happen. it's only hear say. not admissible in a court of law.

maybe he was told by his buddy haim, that some thing happened, you do know that drunks and drug addicts blame everybody but them self for their problems. and besides that feldman had already said in his haim's defense that he did not die from any thing other than life long health problems.

Yesterday a LA Coroner said that Corey Haim died of natural causes and not a drug overdose as many people suspected. After that announcement Corey Feldman took to his blog to talk about his good friend and explain a lot what we saw and didn’t see from A&E’s The Two Coreys and what happened when the cameras stopped rolling. I need to talk about Corey Haim, the toxicology report, and the overwhelming inaccuracies vastly and irresponsibly reported by the worldwide media machine. On March 10th, the day of Corey’s death, on my Larry King interview , I warned the media and the public at large to not draw conclusions or jump to accusations until the toxicology reports came in. There was a reason for my aggression at that time. Reasons that I could not disclose at that time but can disclose now. The reason being that I had a conversation with Judy earlier that afternoon in which she confirmed to me the sequences leading up to the moment of his death. I already knew in my heart that Corey did NOT die of a drug overdose!!! But I needed the hard facts to back it up for legal purposes. So I have had to remain silent until now. However the results are in, the toxicology reports are back, and the TRUTH will prevail! As per the County Coroners office as of today April 4th 2010……. COREY HAIM DID NOT DIE FROM A DRUG OVERDOSE!!! The cause of his death was natural. He had a combination of pneumonia, and heart failure which came as a result of a lifelong history of heart problems. Corey was born with an arrhythmia of the heart….an irregular heart beat. If you go back to the first season of the Two Corey’s you will find there is an episode where I took him to the doctor to check out his heart. That was REAL! Corey woke up that day and told me in confidence that he was scared because he was having considerable pains in his chest. I told him that we must get him to a doctor to investigate his condition before we continued filming. He suggested that we bring the cameras with to openly document his problem and so we did. It’s all there, if you go back and watch it you will see that this problem had been there for a long time. Here is the history for the record: at the beginning of season 1 Corey was 100% clean and sober! He was doing great. He dropped his weight, he was healthy and happy. We shot hours and hours of unscripted comedy which I feel was the best improvisational comedy we had ever done together. A and E network currently owns and controls that priceless footage, and I hope and pray that for the sake of the fans they pull it from their vaults and release it for all to see. It was awesome stuff! However towards the end of season 1 Corey relapsed. during that time period Susie and I did everything we could to support him getting back on track. Including making a historical clause in my contract with Warner Brothers that I would not do LB2 without his involvement. I also took Corey into my home (off camera) and allowed him to stay with me during the marketing campaign in hopes that he could get it together again. We then had a falling out, based on the fact that he was incapacitated at my home in the presence of my child. That was the final straw for Susie and I. We could not submit our child to that. Shortly after he backed out of his committment to Warner Brothers and failed to shoot his parts in the sequel. At that point I felt our friendship was in serious jeopardy and it was impossible to continue on with our working relationship and the show was to end. At that time it was suggested by Corey that the show continued, with the added aspect of showing his actual struggles with his addiction as opposed to further hiding it from the public. Although I was not in favor of the approach as I felt it was too risky, I begrudgingly agreed. The show continued on with our relationship strained. Corey once again got himself cleaned up. The first half of the second season began with Corey sober. As it was well documented on the show, the pressure became too much for him to bear and halfway through the season he relapsed again, the day we scheduled the pick up scenes for Lost Boys. I was devastated by this. I spent the remainder of the season trying to get him sober again. My attempts failed, culminating in a very public closure to both the friendship and partnership of “The Two Corey’s” I vowed to no longer enable him by endorsing his abuse by remaining his friend/business partner. I made a public statement in which I said the show was over and I would not speak with him again until he cleaned his life up and took responsibility for his actions. I kept my word. Corey and I had no contact for over a year, the longest we had gone without speaking since 1986. When Michael Jackson, Marc Rocco, and my grandfather died, Corey reached out to me to offer his support. At that time he informed me of his mother’s illness and the responsibility he took in caring for her. I heard something different in his voice….maturity! It was this new found sense of responsibility and dedication to his own recovery that initialized our reconnection, and opened the door to us continuing our friendship. I knew that for the first time in his life he was clean, and it wasn’t just about proving something, but instead about putting his duties as a man first. He wanted to be there 100% for his mother at her time of need. I was told by Judy that in the days leading up to his death he had been put on some antidepressant medications but he was no longer abusing drugs. I believed her as in the last 6 months of his life I was talking or texting with him on a daily basis and he was with me and my son at my house 3 or 4 days a week. He was not out of his mind on drugs anymore. He was winning his battle with addiction. Unfortunately his growing heart problems, and large amounts of stress, coupled with years of damage from previous drug use ultimately led to his demise. The news is still sad and the outcome remains the same, Corey is gone, he’s never coming back. But the one thing we all now have is the knowledge that this time around, he wasn’t lying. He really made a difference in his way of life. I hope that his story can serve as inspiration and hope for those who are currently struggling with addiction. I am so proud to say that he died sober. I truly hope in the coming days the media takes responsibility for its actions and rethinks their actions of condemning people before the facts have been told. It is so sad that Corey Haim was finally getting his life back in order and his heart and pneumonia ended his life. I am glad that Feldman was able to explain what his good friend’s last few years were like and that we learned he was try to straighten up his life. Too bad he didn’t get to show us before he was taking away from us way too soon..

the above quote came from here, don't say anything about the source,i all ready know.

so i will go to cnn and see if i can find the interview.

Page all About Corey Feldman
and if you notice he always says

There was a reason for my aggression at that time. Reasons that I could not disclose at that time but can disclose now.

so maybe he can disclose for us at a later time.

he could be trying to get back at them for not casting him in any thing decent any more, and killing his career.

edit on 12-8-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Really........who did he hurt? What if 100 Corey Feldmams stood up and said the same thing.

He certainly didn't hurt the alleged unidentified pedophiles... But for how many years has he remained silent while other victims were harmed before saying something about it now... From the 1980s to ?

Could you say that by doing nothing about it, he inadvertently harmed other potential victims?

How do you know these things?

Just because he remained silent in the media doesn't mean he remained silent. There is a difference you know. I'm not going to assume that because he didn't voice his concerns in the media that he didn't voice them at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Afterthought
If you weren't a Super Moderator, I'd believe you to be a troll. Your post to star ratio also implies this.
I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you seem too angry at the moment and seem to be taking Feldman's comments personally. Cool down and breathe. It's O.K.

Whether you like it or not, I'm a member and just as entitled to express my opinion as anyone else. What I'm taking personally is the notion that someone can claim to have knowledge of pedophiles, but refuse to do what any decent person would do and act to bring those subhumans to justice, and some people find that to be somehow laudable.

I find it disgusting and cowardly in the extreme, and people who shield pedophiles are every bit at minimum as reprehensible as the pedophiles themselves.

Star that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Even when the person shielding the perpetrator was also once a victim? Wow. You're really lucky that nobody has ever scared you that much. The psychology of victimization causes one's priorities to shift, just a little bit.

That is easily the most offensive suggestion I've read on this site. Just wow.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
He is a D-list or B-list or whatever list the hollywood poobahs put him in. I don't think if a dead star needs to have a PR campaign they would think of talking about pedophilia. Lol it's a damned touchy and emotion raising subject, but I can't see how someone, anyone can equate talking about pedophilia to making more at the box office or the music industry... laughable at best. He may not have answers, or names yet, but hey, he IS speaking about a problem and therefore raising awareness. Judge him all you want, this IS an internet forum.

GOod day

P.S. It's more fashionable to head up an AIDS campaign or breast cancer campaign, or feed the starving _____ campaign than it is to talk about something so revolting. *shrug*
edit on 12-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Did you watch the video in the original report linked in the OP?

His now dead (from suicide) friend accuses him of watching him being sexually abused when he was 14, and "did nothing" to which Feldman replies that he to was being abused at the time and he did nothing.

Regardless, this shows that it was going on in the 80s, and yet here we are in 2011 with these allegations now from Feldman, and how many more kids have been abused/exploited over all of these years of silence?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Do you have the same feelings about all the Catholic men (boys at the time) whom never spoke out for decades? Or is it just Corey feldman for some reason?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Regardless, this shows that it was going on in the 80s, and yet here we are in 2011 with these allegations now from Feldman, and how many more kids have been abused/exploited over all of these years of silence?

Unless you have been sexually abused yourself and ran to the authorities the minute after it happened, you have no leg to stand on, IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Do you have the same feelings about all the Catholic men (boys at the time) whom never spoke out for decades? Or is it just Corey feldman for some reason?

If they are coming forward decades afterward and making similar allegations in the news media to further their fame and celebrity careers, then yes.

Had he have gone to the authorities long ago and did whatever he could to expose those involved I could totally respect what he is doing now and in fact even admire him for it.

Ultimately, we all will likely see ALL of this differently, and I am only one opinion here, so take that for what it is worth.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Had he have gone to the authorities long ago and did whatever he could to expose those involved I could totally respect what he is doing now and in fact even admire him for it.

How do you know he didn't?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
How in the name of everything good can anyone not understand the real problem here is there are pedos running hollywood, corey feldman knows them and is not getting the info across so they can be stopped. Hopefully this is his own precursor to actually opening up and spelling it out for the authorities so this can be stopped.

For those of you who have been saying he is great now for saying something now, well the issue is, he needed to do this long ago. At least if he comes out and says something specific other people can stop their kids from being abused. Not naming names here is not going to help anyone.

If you knew your brother in law was kidnapping and raping women on the weekends, how long before you put a stop to it?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

How do you know he didn't?

I don't, but www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Did you watch the video in the original report linked in the OP?

His now dead (from suicide) friend accuses him of watching him being sexually abused when he was 14, and "did nothing" to which Feldman replies that he to was being abused at the time and he did nothing.

The fact that you try to say it's reprehensible that young boys with no power don't stand up to grown men with a lot of power is, in and of itself, reprehensible. At the very least it shows that you have no idea how a power structure works.

You actually expect 14 year old boys who are probably on drugs and being sexually molested to have the wherewithall to stand up aginst their abusers? If that's what you think then it's no wonder that you also think that they make their own problems by not coming forward and that they're getting what they deserve.

The type of men that Mr. Feldman are referring to wield a lot of power in that town. The same kind of power that can make young boys stars is also the exact same power that can break them as young men. Hollyood eats its young. You didn't know that?

What happens to those boys is akin to someone being raped in a crack house by their neighbor with the rapist holding a gun to the victims head saying "If you tell anyone about this, I'll f***ing kill you". Chances are very good that the crime is going to go unreported. But then again, that's all the victims' fault for not coming forward, right?
And to make the victim even more evil, more rapes occur simply because that one victim didn't say anything.

Yes, you're right. This cylce of sickness continues on to this day because by not reporting the cimes, the criminals get more power.

Whatever.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join