It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google "made in China" & "junk" = 5.420.000 results !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Last night I was looking at the film “127” during which the hero tries to cut off his own arm with a sort of knife and can’t do it, because the knife won’t cut his skin.
Therefore he tells “don’t ever ever buy those “Made in China” junk goods”.
To-day, I made a search on Google, with this expression : “made in China” & “junk”
I got 5.420.000 results !
An extract from the first one :

Made in China = Piece of junk

And now there’s nothing that you or I and anybody else can do about it, because now the only stuff that you can buy in this country is cheap disposable Chinese-made crap. And U.S. businesses, with the connivance of the U.S. government, have destroyed the manufacturing base in this country, driving wages down the toilet, so that all most people can afford is this junk.
I keep wondering when U.S. companies are going to wise up and start in reinvesting the United States, which used to be the envy of the world when it came to high-quality manufacturing. I’m not holding my breath though, because while U.S. executives are busy examining their own polyps, Chinese executives are laughing all the way to the bank, which BTW they now own.

I myself experienced many times that “Made in China” stuff LOOKS LIKE something which should do something, but POORLY does it, or does it not at all.
Many a time, COPIES of metal-made components break or bend when used FOR THE FIRST TIME.
And this is where the morality of those manufacturers is in question :
The LEAST test on those components should have proved that it was non functional.
So they KNOW it’s not functional.
Nevertheless, they sell it to us.
It’s crookery.
Your thoughts on this issue ?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
encrypted.google.com...

"Made in USA" & Junk = About 3,020,000 results (0.14 seconds)

encrypted.google.com...

"Made in USA" & Terrorsits = About 1,620,000 results (0.14 seconds)

edit on 12-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Hi Jenna !
I suppose that this number depends on your langage.
In France, I got 5.200.000 results.

Edit for mislecture of Jena's post.
Not very fair, Jena ...

edit on 12/8/2011 by orkson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The USA ,British,Australian, governments decided it was acceptable to throw millions of western workers on the dole, by allowing national companies to become multi national companies(sic) ie chinese companies.

Do we remember in the beginning these multi nationals had factories in the west and in China?
Now its only China.
They don't give a fig about the consumer.....just sales.
Now the consumer has two choices.
Buy Chinese crap at ever increasing cost(but for now still affordable) or buy boutique local products at four times the price local products used to cost.
We are the dead.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Lol Jenna, that made me giggle

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This one has some interesting details about how well they recycle.....

Recycle condoms into hairbands

Totally sick
pics at link

Rubber Hair Bands

MM

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I went in Google with "Made in USA" & "Junk", as you told ...

Well, it's quite inspiring ...

The first link is this one : Made in USA : NOT JUNK STUFF

Want another ? : Nothing says “Remember the Alamo” quite like MADE IN CHINA junk….

So your "3.200.000" answers from google is counting all this sort of results.

Just find as many result results in my 5.200.000 answers, telling that "made in China" items are NOT "junk" ...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Another example of product which should NEVER be sold :

Dangerous escalators

Product Rating:
Pros: looks nice but beware dangerous poor quality metal parts .. they break ..
Cons: poor quality chineese metal it breaks while on it ..dangerous they should be recalled ..

The responsability of those who SELL those junk items should be also adressed !

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Made in China=Junk, I`ll agree with that. The only brake pads i can find for my American built car are made in china and ive got to replace them every 6 months or so. I finally sucked it up and bought some performance rotors and pads from GM parts direct and they work beautifully after 9 months. If the manufacturing industy could be brought back to the US that would be the best idea to stimulate the economy. Out-sourcing might have looked good to these huge cooporations years ago to maximize profits on labor but now we are paying for it because the jobs have been taken out as well as the money out of consumers pockets. But i have a knife that WAS made in china and it is pretty good once i sharpened it, I`ve had it for years and it gets the job done. Would never prefer it to my K-bar though

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
china makes everything but only wants gold for it now.

now we get to complain about expensive american junk instead

edit on 12-8-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Of course it's junk,
...why do you think we have Dollar Stores cropping up on every corner?

Chinese QA is an oxymoron. QA in China means "cutting all corners"
Don't be surprised if buildings and bridges in China begin collapsing soon.

Btw, speaking of Google, I did a search for "Obama blames" and got almost 10 million hits

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The things made in China aren't that bad.

If you think you can make a better product give it a try.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
The things made in China aren't that bad.

If you think you can make a better product give it a try.

Oh yeah, name one?

Making a product is quite different from Copying a product
Even if I were to come up with one original idea for a product, it wouldn't be long before it got stolen and mass produced, in China.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Oh yeah, name one?

My PS3 [Roger]. It was made in China and I am proud to use made in China products.

Making a product is quite different from Copying a product Even if I were to come up with one original idea for a product, it wouldn't be long before it got stolen and mass produced, in China.

I do not believe in intellectual property. Share your goofy sob story with someone else.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

It's not only that, Rokdisjoint !
The problem is : they make JUNK, they KNOW it's junk, and they sell it to us, cause it's cheap and you would NOT put'em in trial for such a low price, and you bought it, didn't you ?
THAT's the problem.

Greedy "liberals" prefered fast and easy benefit to national jobs.
(I'm not only speaking for the USA : I'm French, and in Europe, it's the SAME problem)
Now that the factories (and even the Know-how !) of a lot of items have disappeared, we are no more able to find them REALLY "made in USA" or REALLY "made in the EU".
We have standards of quality for what we manufacture, but sadly, not so much for what the retailers sell.

If the question is : are you able to produce for the same price the same item, the answer is obiously NO.
Sadly, the same answer often applies if the option is "for twice the price"
If the question was : "would you DARE produce such junk" the answer should be "NO AT ANY PRICE" !

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ofcourse they know it is junk.
Just like when they sale poison dog and cat food and knowingly. They don't care, and no offense to Chinese people but I have found that to be a very Chinese attribute. That being those who are native to China and living there and the surrounding areas.
They are very much into getting their monies worth for everything. Where I live,- (close to China) it is not uncommon for them to mix decaying fruits and vegetables with the new produce in order to get the same price for it at markets.

They have some things that have been setting on shelves for years now and they are still attempting to sale it as though it were brand new, perishable items as well.

That being said, I should mention that I can to some degree understand where people are coming from when they bitch about Chinese made products. But to be honest as an American, I have never really had that big of a deal with them while living in the states. Most of the things I had that were Chinese made worked fine. The only thing I found that the USA made that was worth it's weight in gold were hand tools.

Now that I have moved to a third world country neighboring China I definitely have a problem with Chinese crap.
If people in America and Europe could understand one thing it should be this:
YOU HAVE THE GOOD STUFF!!!!

I bought a watch at walmart for 7 bucks once and it lasted me 5 years, even through the Army.

Came here and bought a watch and within a week it literally exploded on my wrist into a dozen pieces WTF??

Compared to the rest of the world 1st world nations receive the "quality" Chinese junk, while the rest of us get the bitter dregs, and I mean some really pathetic stuff. At least when they send something to America they can spell correctly, I once bought a toy crane for my nephew here and not just the box but the stickers too said "SUPER CARNE" Instead of Super Crane. It's really sad man. I could go on about this stuff forever.

Just know this, if you live in a 1st world nation, your getting the top notch junk!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Oh yeah, name one?

gibson's 'made in america' guitars..

all parts made in china and then 'assembled' in the us after...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Hi Snowen.
Very humourus post indeed !

One can hardly imagine the limit of dishonesty of some manufacturers.
This goes up to criminal behaviour.

Remember the poisonous milk for babies (in China homeland). Thousands died having drunk it.

I remember some years ago, in Marocco, thousands of men and women poisonned by potato chips cooked into sump oil. Same type of criminal greed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

The problem is : they make JUNK, they KNOW it's junk, and they sell it to us, cause it's cheap and you would NOT put'em in trial for such a low price, and you bought it, didn't you ? THAT's the problem.

Actually they give it to us for free, what do Chinese citizens get for selling the U.S and E.U goods? Dollars and Euros and what can they do with those dollars and Euros? Nothing, besides make bigger piles of them.

(I'm not only speaking for the USA : I'm French, and in Europe, it's the SAME problem) Now that the factories (and even the Know-how !) of a lot of items have disappeared, we are no more able to find them REALLY "made in USA" or REALLY "made in the EU".

That isn't China's fault.

If the question is : are you able to produce for the same price the same item, the answer is obiously NO.

No. The real question is: How come India competes with China, but constantly loses?
edit on 12-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh my god guys i wish I could send some pictures of some of the crap Im talking about words literally can not describe the level of LOW QUALITY I'm talking about.

I'm talking things that will fall apart by way of unseen forces or something. Plastics that melt at room temperature, Mirrors that have the reflective surface bubble off, thick "steel" that can bent easier than lead, a mouthwash that boils,....YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY,....boils at room temperature. (hot without Air conditioning. 90F)

That is just speaking about manufactured goods, imagine what I have to deal with in regards to food products, let's just say that since moving here I have developed a whole host of bodily malfunctions.

All that being said I really do long for the Good ol Made in China "American Edition"...

edit on 12-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join