It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google "made in China" & "junk" = 5.420.000 results !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

That isn't China's fault.

Indeed.
We must blame ourselves for many errors commited in the name of profit !

- Our capitalist and liberal system has largely opened our countries to unfair competitors.
You can't compete against manufacturers paying quite nothing to slave-workers.
- We must blame ourselves to prefer quantity to quality.
- We must blame our manufacturers when they close our factories and relocate them in such countries.

The "free-trade" is a fool game : at the end, you have debt and unemployment on one side, and money and know-how on the other.

Let's awake, please ...

edit on 12/8/2011 by orkson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

We must blame ourselves for many errors commited in the name of profit !

LOL! No.

Our capitalist and liberal system has largely opened our countries to unfair competitors.

Why not block out the sun? The sun has an absolute advantage when it comes to providing light, the sun is an extremely unfair competitor.

You can't compete against manufacturers paying quite nothing to slave-workers.

Calling people who work for low wages slave workers is stupid and highly offensive to those that work those jobs.

We must blame our manufacturers when they close our factories and relocate them in such countries.

Or you can place blame where it belongs.

The "free-trade" is a fool game : at the end, you have debt and unemployment on one side, and money and know-how ont the other.

I see now, you just want to blame China for your incompetent government. Have you ever asked yourself why your country can't sell its goods to China?
edit on 12-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I would like to hear more of this.
I was on the fence, now,....I don't know.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Have you ever asked yourself why your country can't sell its goods to China

When one can't sell one's product to people who could afford it, he can't even more sell it to people who can't.

That's pure logic.

But thanks to G#d, there are some good wines that China can't seriously copy !

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

When one can't sell one's product to people who could afford it, he can't even more sell it to people who can't.

Ok, and why do you think the average Chinese citizen has extremely low purchasing power?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by orkson

Ok, and why do you think the average Chinese citizen has extremely low purchasing power?

I would like to know your opinion, have been waiting patiently, Sorta...
edit on 12-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here's the thing...
You can have goods manufactured in China that are extremely high quality.

Problem is, it cost almost the same to have a product made WELL in China as it does in the USA.

Companies only outsource Production to China to save money.

They want cheap labor, no Unions, and Fast production turnaround, and they aren't willing to pay to have the product made with quality.

There are entire major cities in China that are filled with factories designed to make a single product.
They can manufacture goods just as well as the best US factories... they just COST to do that, and US corporations aren't willing to pay for quality.

Don't get it wrong.
For every high quality $25 hammer made in China in a large factory, there are hundreds of smaller factories surrounding it that crank out sub-par hammers that "look" almost exactly like the nice ones for pennies.

Bottom line: You get what you pay for when you have a product made in China.

Don't blame China.. Blame the lazy, greedy US companies that refuse to pay for a safe, quality product.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

why do you think the average Chinese citizen has extremely low purchasing power?

The statistics : the average purchasing power, puts China as the 127th place in the world.
Said in other words, the average purchasing power of a Chineese is quite the same as an Algerian's.

And there is a BIG difference betweens towns and countryside.

This explains also why new workers, coming to towns in order to find a work, accept very low wages.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I would like to know your opinion, have been waiting patiently, Sorta...

U.S citizens have a special international economic privilege [increased purchasing power due to the USD status], which it uses to reap the various productions of the world, China is basically being forced to compete through monetary manipulation.

Government intervention via the Fed and other central banks, [taxation and regulation also plays a part] caused the mass Exodus of manufacturing, not competition with China. The Fed promotes unsustainable consumption by keeping interest rates low, which has helped U.S citizens borrow in order to buy Chinese goods.

The excessive money creation has also prevented prices from dropping relative to Chinese prices, which has prevented the Chinese from having greater purchasing power in order to buy U.S goods. The U.S govt also spends too much money -- this helps China keep their currency at artificially low exchange rates to the USD by buying U.S Treasury Bonds, weakening their currency, keeping their citizens purchasing power artificially low.

In light of this we must remember that we still manufacture somethings, the problem is we do not manufacture enough.

Trade quotas, tariffs, domestic tax policies, etc all have zero effect on trade. Trade is determined by monetary flows, but because monetary flows have been distorted because of these government interventions trade is unbalanced and it will stay unbalance until America's economic hegemony ends.

Even if the U.S had high tariffs, trade quotas, lax business taxes and regulations, while the rest of the world practiced free trade, but had extremely high business taxes and a ton of regulations, the trade balance would stay the same, due to government intervention in monetary flows.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Annnnnd now I know,...Thanks, I wish I could respond with something more intelligent, but I can't, so just take my gratitude for teaching me.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know what they say; "If you want something done right, you best do it yourself." Well that goes for the whole of American too.

It's not just the chinese slave labor that corporations are flocking to China for, it's also things like the total lack of quality control and safety standards for their workers or their products as well as a complete lack of environmental protections standards.

Why do you think the GOP keeps saying that it's the overbearing regulations here in America that keep them from creating more jobs here? It's because they're comparing our system to the one in China where they are allowed to poison, pollute and capitalize on slave labor, all the while, producing what they know to be inferior products for sale here in the U.S.. In their eyes, all is fair in Love, War and Chasing the Almighty Dollar.

Just as an experiment, I googled "made in China, Toxic Goods" and I got 1,700,000 hits in 0.18 sec., go figure.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What i have found is that i can buy and use Chinese junk, to create really high end American manufactured novel competitive tools, so in essence i would have never been able to afford American machining and components, but through Chinese junk I'm now developing business opportunities that the Chinese cant steal and tooling up to put people to work

you just have to learn to adapt and overcome and quit blaming, just push forwards.

As far as the bureaucratic red tape and regulations from our government, they can shove them up their ass ,that dog don't hunt in my world

edit on 12-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

The real thing is that it is not because you can't afford US components.
It's because there aren't US components as those you're using.
Because it's only only in Asian countries that you find them.
And those components are NOT "junk".
Because the technology comes from us.
Because robots make them.

Foxconn to replace workers with 1 Million Robots

FOXCONN is the company who makes Apple's items.

So, in this case, it's not "slave workers" it's robots.

Couldn't WE have those robots, making those components and items ?
Sure we could.
Technically.
But the profit would be less.
The regulations would be more.

Could you imagine what would occur in case of WAR ?
Think of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Made in China=Junk, I`ll agree with that. The only brake pads i can find for my American built car are made in china and ive got to replace them every 6 months or so. I finally sucked it up and bought some performance rotors and pads from GM parts direct and they work beautifully after 9 months. If the manufacturing industy could be brought back to the US that would be the best idea to stimulate the economy. Out-sourcing might have looked good to these huge cooporations years ago to maximize profits on labor but now we are paying for it because the jobs have been taken out as well as the money out of consumers pockets. But i have a knife that WAS made in china and it is pretty good once i sharpened it, I`ve had it for years and it gets the job done. Would never prefer it to my K-bar though

Scharade knives used to be made in America
Now oned by China and made in China they are hard to sharpen and wont hold an edge...Junk

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Originally posted by Alxandro

Oh yeah, name one?

gibson's 'made in america' guitars..

all parts made in china and then 'assembled' in the us after...

Is this true?
Where is the wood sourced from?
Don't tell me China?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Have bought four pairs of Black Trousers in the last two years... in evry one of them the pockets have gave way after a few months....Ok I have a fat wallet...(bills) but this is so shoddy( can't the Chinese stitch?

Or is it like the members here have already said....a chinese boss with loudspeaker on factory floor is weally welling woud " no stitch good...we then make more for stoopid vestern consoomers, and you get more wice.

In reality as has been said also...our government has sold its own peoples future to the Chinese communists.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Kudos to you for thinking outside the box and being creative.
So you are basically using Chinese made goods like Legos and putting them together to make a bigger American made product?
You ugly Capitalist. Haha.

The good thing, these Chinese parts don't break down and fall apart because they are being held together by an American outer shell.

You making Gibson guitars?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by anumohi

Kudos to you for thinking outside the box and being creative.
So you are basically using Chinese made goods like Legos and putting them together to make a bigger American made product?
You ugly Capitalist. Haha.

The good thing, these Chinese parts don't break down and fall apart because they are being held together by an American outer shell.

You making Gibson guitars?

walmart stainless steel

if i had to machine those parts they would cost me $90 bucks a pop, I buy them 4 for a dollarrrr

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

this is true..

they also have the gibson factory, right next door to the fake factory that makes the exact same guitars and then sells them on ebay//madeinchina.com for 10% of the original price...

ebay got funny about it and tried to/did eventually ban them ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join