It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Debating whether UFOs are aliens or demons is like debating whether the moon is made of blue cheese or mashed potatoes.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Agreed, and I'm betting we are not the most enlightened either. Hopefully as we evolve this will change and we will learn what things are really important in life.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
this is one super cool thread great results but i didnt expect so many believers i thought it would be more like fifty fifty
thats all i have to say for now cuz i just wanted to bookmark
good job ats and i cant wait for the next one

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i think the result shows believers don't take on-board anything skeptics say.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
One thing that has always troubled me about these observations is how someone can be so sure of ET's existance on almost no evidence. Faith? Those who see a fuzzy light in the night sky and immediately postulate an ET is at the control, boggle the mind of a rational person....

Wow, that's a pretty clueless response. Throw out the "fuzzy light in the night sky", there is so much more evidence than this. Do your own research and stop relying on passing along the party line...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was'nt surprised to find out that I was one of the three per cent, in the last question. It's not that I don't believe there is other life out there in the cosmos, I just don't think we are, or ever have, been visited by extraterrestrials.

I'm just amazed how many people choose to believe in extraterrestrials visiting us, despite the fact we have not one jot of indisputable, TANGIBLE evidence to back it up. Just my opinion, no disrespect intended.

Perhaps one day, I may be in for a big surprise, but in the meantime I won't hold my breath...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sooo

Reading the results, the overall impression is that

A: Majority of respondents think we are being watched
B: The Gov. is hiding something.

didn't see that coming

Anyway it was a fun poll.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think your next survey should hit the mark= Questions on Social issues on Religion, UFO, 9/11 conpiracies, terrorism, and yes history involving ancient sercrets, and the radioactive areas in japan.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
The universe is such a waste of space if we are the only benevolent beings around.

couldn't agree more, save for the benevolent part. mankind? benevolence? puhahhahaha

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
I'm just amazed how many people choose to believe in extraterrestrials visiting us, despite the fact we have not one jot of indisputable, TANGIBLE evidence to back it up. Just my opinion, no disrespect intended.

You're amazed that people believe in something without evidence? You've been exposed to religion, right? Seriously though, I am surprised that there aren't more nonbelievers, ATS seems more neutral than that.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

I thought someone might pull me up on that one ! Same applies ! No offence intended to those with a religious belief, it's my position on these issues.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

And this means what. Observation of Tesla ships. Thats what. People saw flying objects.
As far as seeing the alien goes what have you. The Hills saw aliens as suggested by the
analysts. With the happenstance of Walton the issue of disguises must have been planned
as well as having small people on board in case of landings. There are no ET of substance.
People have refused to say aliens had anything to do with their sightings because there
were none. There is also a strong suspicions that signed contracts are in order or other
inducement when aliens are said to be witnessed.
ED: Which gives the thought that officials get involved when it matters otherwise no
real National Security Tesla ship no harm. Also in a planned hoax if necessary to
set up grounds for alien excuses.
edit on 8/12/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think people's views can often be easily skewed by questions, or people's interpretation of the questions... For instance... Many people look at "UFOs" as one subject, and therefore... there is one and only one explanation behind them as a whole. However, that's not logical. Each incident is it's own situation, and can then have it's own outcome or explanation. Also... Many people seem to think that, believing aliens can exist... and believing aliens are HERE, is one in the same. But obviously, those are two totally different things. One does not automatically guarantee the other.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker46

Many of those that had their 1st' encounter really didn't have a "belief". That usually came later as they began to research just what "I saw" really was. I guess its like the old saying "Who are you going to believe, Me or your lying eyes." Concerning Hoaxers; they always want the publicity, and anyone who reported that they positively saw a UFO, raised a red flag for investigators, leading to greater scrutiny. I might add that I never personally encountered a hoaxer.

This is good info to be made known. I had very anomalous experiences, and alot of other ufos cases were to have been seen looking like craft (windows with beings moving about) and still, I just know that this is a mysterious phenomenon, without convinced they are alien galactic visiting ships. (And they very well could be, none of us can say for sure......) (Well those of us outside the deepest blackworld of R&D...)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Maybe this has been covered already but what bothered me about the poll was that it was largely a "real" or "not real" vote on the extra-terrestrial hypothesis. There are a number of other options including a Jungian interpretation of the phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If people could make theses ships for them selves there might be a chance to forget about ETs.
This might be possible on a small scale at least model the mechanics. This approach is
advocated by Bill Lyne. Perhaps some levitation is achieved as officials put the stamp of
TT Brown on any success to thus eliminate the Tesla connection from expanding into energy
from the environment which would help too many people.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting results when i consider absence of the proof. Maybe it shows off only declining IQ of the people. Also this pool is missing age information which is important. Most of the "believers" are imho brainwashed teenagers. Older people would not believe so strongly when there is no proof of ET's.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

The Vatican years ago (May 08),made the below statement on alien life . Believing in alien life does not contradict a faith in God. Could they not be created just like us? perhaps earlier making them more evolved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vatican... I'll just stop right there. They are probably responsible for around 50% percent of demonic encounters with these grey nephilim. There are no extraterrestrials, and there is no evolution.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Life on other planets is contradictory to your world view?

Let me get this right: God created billions of galaxies and trillions of planets, but only put life on 1 of them?

Right... Correct...

We are alone.

Its not to difficult to understand once you know what God's purpose for humanity is.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 6205LH

post by 6205LH
Interesting results when i consider absence of the proof. Maybe it shows off only declining IQ of the people.

Or maybe it shows that they have done the research and come to the conclusion that there is something unexplained in our skies .

post by 6205LH
Most of the "believers" are imho brainwashed teenagers. Older people would not believe so strongly when there is no proof of ET's.

On what do you base that opinion ?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join